As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[DC Universe Online] Now Free-to-Play! Lightning Strikes DLC now available, zappy zappy.

• Options
    EuphoriacEuphoriac Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    TexiKen wrote: »
    I had to do the Daily Planet/Hall of Doom Superman mission twice because for some reason, once I got to Luthor I beat him up a bit and he teleported away and I couldn't fight him or finish the mission. On top of that I never received the JLA emblem and am hella sad about that. Did the QA team just not care after the first few missions about these kinds of things?

And when I logged in today to see if I could, I spawned outside the Watchtower, falling. It kind of shocks you when you keep falling and you see the Earth in front of you. Here I am outside looking in, asking for someone to help me:

snip

they didn't care, looking at their monitors....

does Warp to Rally/HQ work?

Euphoriac on
  • Options
    FlipprDolphinFlipprDolphin Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Arthil wrote: »
    tdewey10 wrote: »
    That, sadly, is the semi-fix I spoke of. Compiling that with turning off VSync in-game allowed me to play for an hour or so without any problems, but the crashes would still occur.

I've had bugs galore but never a hard crash and I run on a pretty middle-of-the-road system. I'm curious what your specs are and when was the last time you updated graphics drivers?

Both my Graphics and Sound drivers are always kept up to date, and to the person suggesting using a program to force VSync and triple buffering, turning off my VSync in-game was one of the only things that HELPED me, I'm not so sure forcing it via outside means would be a good thing.

On my specs, lemme dig them up.

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.100618-1621)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: Dell Inc
    System Model: XPS 630i
    BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9400 @ 2.66GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
    Memory: 6144MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 6142MB RAM
    Page File: 1771MB used, 10509MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 64bit Unicode

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 240
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce GTS 240
    DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0607&SUBSYS_073610DE&REV_A2
    Display Memory: 3816 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 1001 MB
    Shared Memory: 2814 MB
    Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
    Monitor Model: Acer H233H
    Monitor Id: ACR00A0
    Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)

Fuck forgot my graphics card.

The v-sync in game caps it at 30. The D3DOverrider capped at it at 60 for me (just make sure it if off in DCUO so the program can v-sync it)

FlipprDolphin on
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Why would this help me though? You're giving me advice and yet not explaining yourself. If turning it off inside of the game makes the problem less annoying, how would forcing it via an outside program help me?

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    exisexis Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    weeskwee wrote: »
    Is this any good on PS3? I love all my MMO's on PC, but I really like the idea of having an MMO on console for those frequent times where my g/f is hogging my PC playing Sims 3 all day long. but if it's far inferior, then there is no way I'd waste the money.

K-Mart is selling the PS3 version for $45 right now so it seems like the time to buy it if i go that route.

Giantbomb had a lot of negative things to say about the PS3 version. Some areas where frame rates got down to single digits, people not using chat channels properly (ie. just yelling everywhere), and hassles navigating an interface which seemed to be designed for a mouse, with a controller. But they were pretty down on the game in general, so YMMV.

exis on
  • Options
    SaigaSaiga Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I have to do Gotham University (instance) and need a group, I'm on Death & Glory, anyone up for this soon?

Saiga on
    28je138.png
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Euphoriac wrote: »
    TexiKen wrote: »
    I had to do the Daily Planet/Hall of Doom Superman mission twice because for some reason, once I got to Luthor I beat him up a bit and he teleported away and I couldn't fight him or finish the mission. On top of that I never received the JLA emblem and am hella sad about that. Did the QA team just not care after the first few missions about these kinds of things?

And when I logged in today to see if I could, I spawned outside the Watchtower, falling. It kind of shocks you when you keep falling and you see the Earth in front of you. Here I am outside looking in, asking for someone to help me:

snip

they didn't care, looking at their monitors....

does Warp to Rally/HQ work?

Yeah it did.

And one thing I've been reading in the little text box is that Harley in the Legends PVP has a bug with animation clipping that is being exploited at the moment.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    exis wrote: »
    weeskwee wrote: »
    Is this any good on PS3? I love all my MMO's on PC, but I really like the idea of having an MMO on console for those frequent times where my g/f is hogging my PC playing Sims 3 all day long. but if it's far inferior, then there is no way I'd waste the money.

K-Mart is selling the PS3 version for $45 right now so it seems like the time to buy it if i go that route.

Giantbomb had a lot of negative things to say about the PS3 version. Some areas where frame rates got down to single digits, people not using chat channels properly (ie. just yelling everywhere), and hassles navigating an interface which seemed to be designed for a mouse, with a controller. But they were pretty down on the game in general, so YMMV.

General reports seem to indicate the PC version is the vastly superior version, which doesn't surprise me, since it's an MMO.

Ceno on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    On a different note from my troubles, here is the newest trailer by Blur Studios, for the upcoming content update 'Fractured Future'.

Fractured Future Trailer

Arthil on
  • Options
    ShanadeusShanadeus Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    On a different note from my troubles, here is the newest trailer by Blur Studios, for the upcoming content update 'Fractured Future'.

Fractured Future Trailer

Oh boy, who'd have thought that future lex was a complete dick.

Shanadeus on
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Batman is always such a BADASS.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    ArchonexArchonex No hard feelings, right? Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Thoughts:

Cyborg Batman better damn well make an appearance in-game. It's not like him to take get taken out like such a chump. And that'd be a hell of an awesome story-line to have Cyborg Batman come from the future, all Terminator style, to take out Future Lex.

Fracture better damn well not be dead. Because that'd be an excellent way to introduce a time based powerset. And that speech of his before he got electrocuted was pretty heart-warming.

Lex is a diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiickkkk. What, dude. You couldn't just knock Fracture out, or keep him from going into the portal before you do? You had to electrocute him into unconsciousness then collapse the Fortress of Motherfucking Solitude on him?

Archonex on
  • Options
    ShanadeusShanadeus Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I thought Lex just killed the poor dude rather than just knocking him out - made him seem so much of a complete dick.
    The revelation of the scarred dude being batman was pretty fucking awesome.

Shanadeus on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Kept staring at it thinking "That voice sounds kinda... familiar, who is this Darth Vader wannabe?" then he swoops off the cape and let's his armored helmet flick on.

BATMAN!

Arthil on
  • Options
    samurai6966samurai6966 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Well done trailer. Well done.

Also purrrrrect new goodies for us in February:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/114/1147019p1.html

*New Level 30 Catwoman Episode.
    *Catwoman will be a playable character in Legends PvP
    *Multiplayer race against Catwoman
    *New Cat Burglar and ancient Mayan Armor loot
    *Valentine's Day Content were you will join a 100 man instance to learn the "Meaning of Love" while playing as Cupid.

And new stuff to expect maybe this update or at a later one:
    *New Two Player Bane Duos
    *Ring War-ish area in Gothem opening up.
    *New Tier 2 Batcave raid
    *Auction houses
    *and many new briefing/investigation bubbles, races, and collectibles added.

samurai6966 on
  • Options
    FlipprDolphinFlipprDolphin Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I got my super speed/hand-blastin'/sorcorer to level 9 last night! I like the super super speed ability. VROOOOOOOOOOM.

I beat some loser up who was level 12 and I was level 7. BOOYAH!

That Bane questline seemed to go on FOREVER. At least I didnt die at all in the end and got a feat for it. Bane was also stuck towards the end and I got up to 96 consecutive hits befiore he died. I wanted 100 :(

FlipprDolphin on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Wow, I'm already feeling better about my lifetime subscription after that new trailer. Looks like they're not settling for the here's-how-everyone-is-a-superhero-gooooo story beat, and this might have some twists and turns. Looking forward to what's coming. I want to roll a Lantern.

Ceno on
  • Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    This game is awesome except for two issues:

1) It handles lag horribly.
    2) the interface annoys the shit out of me. More tooltips and information about stats would be nice.

HallowedFaith on
    I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Also, he steps on fracture.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Fencingsax wrote: »

Oooh... shit, yeah he does.

Arthil on
  • Options
    ArchonexArchonex No hard feelings, right? Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Fencingsax wrote: »

Oooh... shit, yeah he does.

I will be sorely, sorely, disappointed, if those two characters don't return at a future date. They've already established that Lex might have been hopping around time periods at will. No reason someone else couldn't do it too.

Also, if Fracture doesn't have a massive, power armored boot print indent on his spine.

Zombie-Cyborg Batman alone was awesome enough that he deserves his own story arc.

Fracture's time powers (Look at that bomb he uses to take down one of Brainiac's automatons. It's in seconds, not minutes. That guy is taking superspeed to a new level.) are a possible dig at a new powerset too. If you look at Fractures' "UI', as he spots the robot, a message pops up saying he's dilating time by over 200 percent.

Archonex on
  • Options
    CururuCururu Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    That Luthor at the end doesn't quite look like 'current' Luthor. Is this a third instance of Luthor? And I wonder when that meeting occurred.

The plot! It thickens!

Cururu on
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Fracture's in the game already. He's the first player to complete all the PvE content in DCUO. So he got to be in the movie. Other characters are picked seemingly at random to be in the DCUO comics being published.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Holy Shit, WHAT?

That's totally awesome.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Wait seriously?

Arthil on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    That's awesome.

Man, that's awesome.

Ceno on
  • Options
    WolveSightWolveSight Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    so, the taunt fix they put in today seemed to help a great deal for some of the more touchy alert fights. We figured we'd try the smallville instance with each of us only having 1 piece of T1 armor each and a scattering of blues. It was definitely a fun instance, with some quirky fight mechanics along the way. Good times, and we cleared it without too much trouble, especially with it being our first time.

I'm definitely finding the casual nature of the game a lot of fun.

WolveSight on
    253J736.png
  • Options
    CururuCururu Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I ran into something weird earlier today. I was aimlessly flying through Metropolis around the Ave of Tomorrow looking for good deeds to do for the Daily Dose of Heroism quest, when I spotted a Green Lantern and a Yellow Lantern standing in front of a building in what looked like a stare down. I landed next to them, but there was no way to interact with them. Then, all of a sudden, a group of three or four Brainiac Collectors teleport in out of nowhere and start attacking them. The odd part is that all of the Brainiac troops were level 30, and their tags were not the regular enemy red, but were the greyish color that Wanted targets (i.e. Minotaur, Ancient Statue, etc.) get. I beat back the first group, but then my queued PvP match came up, so I could investigate immediately. Unfortunately, I ended up right in the middle of another group of level 30 bots after leaving the match, and I died rather fast because I still had my PvP armor equipped.

The worst part is that I have no clue where that area is. I tired finding it again, but gave up after 20 minutes of fruitless searching. Has anyone else come across that area? I don't believe that it belongs to any currently available mission, so I'm curious as to what is planned for that area.

Cururu on
  • Options
    Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    Fracture's in the game already. He's the first player to complete all the PvE content in DCUO. So he got to be in the movie. Other characters are picked seemingly at random to be in the DCUO comics being published.

Where did you find this out Pika? How did you know?

Mostlyjoe13 on
    PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    [strike]It's hearsay from the SA forums. Too lazy to find confirmation about it other than that. [/strike]

Hm, I actually don't know where i heard it from. Ignore me everyone!

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    If it's hearsay from -them- then it's as good as a fart in the wind.

Arthil on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Nah it wasn't SA after all, I can't even find the post anymore. saw it at work and PA is blocked at work so I go to a lot of random websites. So I have no clue where I read it from.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    martyllianmartyllian Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    So, do you think Master Vader will be considered a bad name for a Villain?

He is fun to play, but I dont think anyone has gotten the punch line yet

martyllian on
    martyllian.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    So I think I know what my next villain will be:
    2694479676_bdb8f26088.jpg

It's a brand new day
    And the Sun is bright.
    The birds are singing
    that you're gonna die!

samurai6966 on
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I did the Facebook change your profile picture to unlock stuff in game promotion thing. Did 3 weeks of changing my profile picture, get to the 4th week, change my picture, and whats the Super awesome mystery unlock? A goddamn wallpaper of Harley and Joker? Fuck that.

CorriganX on
    n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    DizzenDizzen Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Cururu wrote: »
    I ran into something weird earlier today. I was aimlessly flying through Metropolis around the Ave of Tomorrow looking for good deeds to do for the Daily Dose of Heroism quest, when I spotted a Green Lantern and a Yellow Lantern standing in front of a building in what looked like a stare down. I landed next to them, but there was no way to interact with them. Then, all of a sudden, a group of three or four Brainiac Collectors teleport in out of nowhere and start attacking them. The odd part is that all of the Brainiac troops were level 30, and their tags were not the regular enemy red, but were the greyish color that Wanted targets (i.e. Minotaur, Ancient Statue, etc.) get. I beat back the first group, but then my queued PvP match came up, so I could investigate immediately. Unfortunately, I ended up right in the middle of another group of level 30 bots after leaving the match, and I died rather fast because I still had my PvP armor equipped.

The worst part is that I have no clue where that area is. I tired finding it again, but gave up after 20 minutes of fruitless searching. Has anyone else come across that area? I don't believe that it belongs to any currently available mission, so I'm curious as to what is planned for that area.

I've seen this happening right in front of STAR Labs in Metropolis's Tomorrow District. I've only ever seen two Brainiac guys going after the ring duo, but other orange circle portal things bring in varying sized groups. I didn't notice a differently colored tag, but I wasn't paying attention to that; was more noticing how fast I was losing health when going against more than one at a time.

Certainly a curious area.

Dizzen on
  • Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Holy BALLS this game is full of bugs lol.

I'm also seeing a lack of diversity here. Every power set seems to mimic itself besides the change in damage/healing. Maybe it's just me but... seems to be all the same with just slight twists in the mechanics.

Maybe it's just because I want more from this and hope they deliver.

HallowedFaith on
    I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    tallgeezetallgeeze Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    martyllian wrote: »
    So, do you think Master Vader will be considered a bad name for a Villain?

He is fun to play, but I dont think anyone has gotten the punch line yet

They probably do. For me the chat system is so borked that I barely use the thing when I see a funny name/costume.

I just wish they would rip off WoW(or whoever did it earlier) and give us chat bubbles. They can at least use the excuse that since the game is based on comics that it's a natural fit.

I made a villain on Darkness Falls named Fallen Fury based on the current Nick Fury. I saw that eye patch in the character creator and I was sold.

tallgeeze on
  • Options
    RderdallRderdall Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    CorriganX wrote: »
    I did the Facebook change your profile picture to unlock stuff in game promotion thing. Did 3 weeks of changing my profile picture, get to the 4th week, change my picture, and whats the Super awesome mystery unlock? A goddamn wallpaper of Harley and Joker? Fuck that.

Thank you for this. I debated signing up for this, but when I reviewed the things that the DCUO program wanted access to, I decided against it. There is no reasonable reason they need access to the pictures and videos that I upload.

Rderdall on
    steam_sig.png

Xbox Gamertag: GAMB1NO325Xi
  • Options
    HypertimeHypertime Arlington, VARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Hit level 30 (Mental, Hand Blast, Controller-focused build) last night and I'm about to finish up the storyline content. Assuming that I understand the endgame content ladder correctly:

1. Gain Influence and Marks of Legend from Arena and Legends PVP to buy Level 30 blue gear and unlock Legends.
    2. Gain Marks of Victory from Arena and Legends PVP to buy Tier 2 PVP gear.
    3. Gain Marks of Allegiance from daily instances to unlock cosmetic stuff and trade in for Marks of Triumph.
    4. Gain Marks of Triumph from Duos and Hard Alerts for Tier 1 PVE gear.
    5. Gain Marks of Distinction from Starred Duos and Raids for Tier 2 PVE gear.

A bit confusing. I'm unsure what the priority is here. I'd like to have a character that is useful in both PVE and PVP roles as a Controller.

Also, I've been relying on ad hoc team-ups for Wanted alerts like the Judge and General Kordax. Would love to play with a more organized group. If there are other folks in the PA league that could use a character like me, I'd appreciate an invite. I will recharge your power bar like whoa.

Here's my current build from the DCUO Source calculator: EgagaiafJfafagdfaZeedfebNhcjhaTjjlall

Hypertime on
    Your mom.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Well, what Server are you?

samurai6966 on