As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Halo Reach || Daily Challenge: Post in The New Thread, This One Is Done

• FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2011
    It's amazing what deleting an improperly placed spawn zone can do!

<_<

>_>

FyreWulff on
    edited February 2011
    Story #1 from tonight's gaming. Testing the newest version of my Rat Race remake. More accurate to the original, and cover to reduce "spawn and throw grenade" or even eliminate it!

The slightly redesigned Green<->[strike]Blue[/strike]Red tunnel is the host of the first encounter.

iAgUal.jpg

Ambushing Tea Party. There is a high percentage of holograms in this picture.

7xbnIl.jpg

Everyone regroups, and encounters each other at the trough. I didn't survive long after I armor locked, but a teammate was able to escape their certain fate with my noble sacrifice.

M3vINl.jpg

In a moment of pure genius, Dogeight makes most of Red team fall for a hologram by making it look like he went AFK. Clever girl.

E38onl.jpg

Also, RAT AND JP GONE WILD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AohYMTJhMic

FyreWulff on
  • heckelsheckels Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Wow made it all the way back to page 4...
    Does anyone know the for sure way to get the skull helmet?
    Is it by buying every thing in the armory or just all the helmets?

heckels on
    heckels_zps9443e2b3.png
  • mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Hey! I bet DarleySam is about to say something SUPER interesting!

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    mxmarks is a classy dude who brings the best news!

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    "previously rumored"
    I do not think that word means what you think it means, Joystiq.

Arteen on
  • BritishDavidBritishDavid Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    heckels wrote: »

It's unlocking every piece of armor, is my understanding. I know people who've done all the helmets, no dice.

BritishDavid on
    CjTxUSDXAAEzV5h.jpg
    Xbox | x Dredgen Yor x |
  • mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    this announcement brought to you by darleysam:

Halo Combat Evolved remake coming November 15, 2011
    The Halo: Combat Evolved remake is allegedly being developed by New Jersey-based Saber Interactive, the company behind TimeShift and Namco's upcoming Inversion, but we've been unable to confirm the nature of the engine powering it. We understand that it's something other than the Reach engine.

The Halo: Combat Evolved update, one of two Halo games currently in development under the watchful eye of 343 Industries, is expected to support 1080p resolution and 3D televisions. Details on multiplayer are supposedly still being worked out, but we understand the remake will likely feature online co-op (the original game supported two-player split-screen co-op).

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
    edited February 2011
    That ought to confuse people.. story's all yours, brosef!

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I thought 343 were building up their own team, not contracting out?

Leitner on
    edited February 2011
    I have to assume that they're outsourcing the CE-remake because everyone they have is working on the next new Halo game. From the kinds of people they've taken on I suppose it would seem like a waste to set them to work updating an old game, but at the same time it does concern me that all they seem to be doing at the moment is glorified administration. Hopefully they'll announce something at E3.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
    edited February 2011
    See I thought they were going to use the remake to cut their teeth, as it'd be easier, and people would be far more forgiving, letting them hit the ground running with the next entry.

Leitner on
    edited February 2011
    Yeah that's what I had been expecting, it would've been a good starting point to let everything settle in, so I guess they just feel they're up to a bigger task.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
    edited February 2011
    Calling bullshit on that one.

FyreWulff on
    edited February 2011

I believe it's just all the helmets, but you also have to be Inheritor.

FyreWulff on
    edited February 2011
    FyreWulff wrote: »

I believe it's just all the helmets, but you also have to be Inheritor.

well poop dick, guess it doesnt matter then...

heckels on
    heckels_zps9443e2b3.png
  • maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Okay guys, about 6 months ago I dragged my 360 & TV over to a friend's place and we started up a Halo ODST Legendary Co-Op campaign. Unfortunately we couldn't quite get through the whole thing in one sitting and we're currently about two missions away from finishing. If we picked up where we left off over live would I still get the co-op achievement?

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
    edited February 2011
    You might have to restart from the last rally point thing but it should work.

heckels on
    heckels_zps9443e2b3.png
  • MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Fiesta Attack? Awesome.

Mechanical on
  • Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Invasion skirmish
    rocket hog race
    bro (spawning) slayer
    swat stockpile

crazy

Ratsult2 on
    edited February 2011
    Did I mention how much I love their new gametype engine?

FyreWulff on
    edited February 2011
    Just realized none of us linked the update. Click!

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&cid=30547

excerpt
    Playlists

* Multi Team: As far as major playlist changes, the most notable is Multi Team which now features 4 teams of 3 instead of 6 teams of 2. Since Rocket Race doesn’t work with teams of 3, we’re upgrading you to Rocket Hog Race! We’ve also added 3 Ball to the lineup to replace the regular Oddball gametype.

* Team SWAT: New gametype offerings are now available in the Team SWAT playlist. New gametypes include Oddball, Stockpile and 3 Plots.

* Grifball: The Grifball playlist is returning for an extended stay as a Community playlist. We’ve updated to the latest gametypes and maps, as well as added the new maps Pinwheel and Oracle’s Revenge.

* Community Slayer: The second round of Community Slayer is coming and with it comes 14 maps (10 new!) built by members of our very own Bungie community. Similar to the previous run, we’ll keep this playlist active for a couple weeks. Play, vote and let us know which your favorite Community maps are in the Optimatch forum!

Gametypes

* Bro Slayer: This new gametype consists of Team Slayer with co-op style spawning, featured on a variety of maps in Team Slayer, Big Team Battle and Noble Map Pack. Similar to Invasion spawning you can cycle through teammates or choose from your backfield spawns, but watch out for backfield spawn campers!

* Invasion Skirmish: Think of Invasion Slayer, with no vehicles and after capturing drop zones you get instant weapon drops that alternate between Spartan and Covenant regardless of who caps the zone. You’ll still experience loadout and weapon drop progression as each tier advances. Three flavors will be available including Invasion Skirmish (SvE), Spartan Skirmish (SvS) and Elite Skirmish (EvE). These gametypes will be available on a variety of maps in the Invasion and Noble Map Pack playlists. Spartan Skirmish on Anchor 9 is my favorite, check them out and tell us what you think!

* Assault: Players may no longer disarm bombs while their Armor Lock equipment is activated, this affects all Assault gametypes as well as Invasion gametypes with an Assault phase.

FyreWulff on
  • EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Just realized none of us linked the update. Click!

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&cid=30547

excerpt
    Playlists

* Multi Team: As far as major playlist changes, the most notable is Multi Team which now features 4 teams of 3 instead of 6 teams of 2. Since Rocket Race doesn’t work with teams of 3, we’re upgrading you to Rocket Hog Race! We’ve also added 3 Ball to the lineup to replace the regular Oddball gametype.

* Team SWAT: New gametype offerings are now available in the Team SWAT playlist. New gametypes include Oddball, Stockpile and 3 Plots.

* Grifball: The Grifball playlist is returning for an extended stay as a Community playlist. We’ve updated to the latest gametypes and maps, as well as added the new maps Pinwheel and Oracle’s Revenge.

* Community Slayer: The second round of Community Slayer is coming and with it comes 14 maps (10 new!) built by members of our very own Bungie community. Similar to the previous run, we’ll keep this playlist active for a couple weeks. Play, vote and let us know which your favorite Community maps are in the Optimatch forum!

Gametypes

* Bro Slayer: This new gametype consists of Team Slayer with co-op style spawning, featured on a variety of maps in Team Slayer, Big Team Battle and Noble Map Pack. Similar to Invasion spawning you can cycle through teammates or choose from your backfield spawns, but watch out for backfield spawn campers!

* Invasion Skirmish: Think of Invasion Slayer, with no vehicles and after capturing drop zones you get instant weapon drops that alternate between Spartan and Covenant regardless of who caps the zone. You’ll still experience loadout and weapon drop progression as each tier advances. Three flavors will be available including Invasion Skirmish (SvE), Spartan Skirmish (SvS) and Elite Skirmish (EvE). These gametypes will be available on a variety of maps in the Invasion and Noble Map Pack playlists. Spartan Skirmish on Anchor 9 is my favorite, check them out and tell us what you think!

* Assault: Players may no longer disarm bombs while their Armor Lock equipment is activated, this affects all Assault gametypes as well as Invasion gametypes with an Assault phase.

Also, in a moment of awesome coincidence, Bungie posts a bunch of user created Birthday cards. On my birthday.

EvilBadman on
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
    edited February 2011
    HOLY SHIT BADMAN JUST GOT ON HALO

ASSEMBLE

FyreWulff on
  • Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    From two days ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCqqR-4GtmM

You can even see my confusion at what transpires.

Mx. Quill on
  • KorKor Known to detonate from time to time Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Is there a reason (from bungie) why the Living Dead playlist in Reach only had 8 players instead of 13?

Kor on
    DS Code: 3050-7671-2707
    Pokemon Safari - Sneasel, Pawniard, ????
    edited February 2011
    Probably related to it being permanent. Rumble Pit had Infection in H3 with only 8 people.

FyreWulff on
  • KorKor Known to detonate from time to time Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    It's so weird though, you would think with it being it's own playlist, and a permanent playlist at that, that it would always have 13.

Kor on
    DS Code: 3050-7671-2707
    Pokemon Safari - Sneasel, Pawniard, ????
    edited February 2011
    Less people = faster search times.

Also 13 people may or may not force them to reduce it to 2 player splitscreen instead of 4.

FyreWulff on
  • NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Dammit all. It's everything I wanted in a playlist and I have no way of enjoying it.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Noble Six ActualNoble Six Actual Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    So, I read that news earlier, but was at a friend's house and a little drunk.

Is it true? If it isn't true, then I grabbed someone's hands tonight and jumped up and down for absolutely no reason.

Please be real, CE: Reach Engine Edition.

Noble Six Actual on
    XBL: JerichoTwoFour / PSN: ZeroFourThree
  • SilkyNumNutsSilkyNumNuts Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Nope, current rumours say it's not the reach engine, I believe.

And is being made by not-not-bungie

There is no way for this to not suck, is there?

SilkyNumNuts on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    This rumor comes out like every freaking month

DarkPrimus on
  • Renegade WolfRenegade Wolf Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    The rumors I've seen say Reach engine, hopefully thats true.

Renegade Wolf on
  • Noble Six ActualNoble Six Actual Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

But have big name sites ever came out and said "This is happening"? Because that's kind of a big deal, since I've seen recognition of the rumor, but never even a slightly hokey confirmation.

Noble Six Actual on
    XBL: JerichoTwoFour / PSN: ZeroFourThree
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

But have big name sites ever came out and said "This is happening"? Because that's kind of a big deal, since I've seen recognition of the rumor, but never even a slightly hokey confirmation.

Define "big name sites".

DarkPrimus on
  • EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

Define "big name sites".

I'll fall for this trap: Joystiq. Everyone else is piling on that source.

EvilBadman on
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    eh i don't think it's worth getting worked up over. once it's announced and we know all the details it will be much better, but i don't think we should assume anything yet.
    what i want out of the CE 'remake':
    full feature parity with reach
    a good mix of classic CE maps and news ones for multi
    and please god use the reach pistol please god

Local H Jay on
  • NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I wouldn't mind all that plus man-doll customization for this... Reach-make.

I'm sorry about that.

Not really.

Ok maybe a little.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
    edited February 2011
    Nocren wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind all that plus man-doll customization for this... Reach-make.

I'm sorry about that.

Not really.

Ok maybe a little.

Yes.

Also Linda confirmed as canon partner.

So anyone going to get on in like half an hour? I'm up for a couple games.

Leitner on