As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX East PSP Thread

2»

• MasterMargieMasterMargie Registered User new member
    edited February 2011
    There was a tournament?
    I didn't participate in any tourneys last year - I'm not very good, and I get a lot worse when there's any official competetion happening.

Yeah there was, but there wasn't too big of a turnout. You should look into it if it happens again (obv tourneys haven't been announced yet but seeing as how there was Dissidia at '10 Prime I'm expecting it here) because at the very least you'll get some fun, friendly fights on the side.
    Gaus wrote: »
    DJ Max Portable is a great game.

So true. DJMP3 was a huge disappointment though with the lack of multiplayer. I'll be bringing some of the others to play against people. Been a long time though.
    Is Dissidia really that good a game, that just about everyone mentions it?

Yeah it's really solid. Great single and multi-player content. Lord of Arcana just came out and it's pretty great; probably bringing that too. Plays like Monster Hunter meets random action-rpg. I think you can party up to 4 players.

I'm really excited for this year. I might try out that sign idea, it seems like it'll work wonders.

MasterMargie on
  • WizardWizard Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Dissidia's got a very solid multiplayer, but it unbalances really easily unless you restrict accessories and the like.

Monster Hunter on the other hand...I could spend hours on that.

Wizard on
  • GausGaus Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Gaus wrote: »
    DJ Max Portable is a great game.

So true. DJMP3 was a huge disappointment though with the lack of multiplayer. I'll be bringing some of the others to play against people. Been a long time though.

That's very true. I also liked the music in the earlier versions better than 3. I just picked up a new battery for my PSP for PAX too. Now I can game for more than 5 minutes in a row!

Gaus on
    Professional assassination. It's the highest form of public service. - Chiun
  • Goodfella2487Goodfella2487 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I would gladly play Peace Walker ad-hoc. Doubt many will have their ol' PSPs on hand, though.

Goodfella2487 on
    edited February 2011
    I was wondering if anyone was bringing Gran Turismo? Would like to have a few races.

Gaus on
  • Hangover_GloryHangover_Glory Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I would gladly play Peace Walker ad-hoc. Doubt many will have their ol' PSPs on hand, though.

I'll have my PSP with me. I'm not far in the game but if we ever cross paths, I'll be down for it.

Hangover_Glory on
  • e-lue-lu Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Okay.. so I have to say that PAX East has already proven its worth to me and I haven't even attended yet. I don't think I ever would have picked up Dissidia if not for this thread, and that game is actually pretty darn sweet. Good lookin' out PAX Forums. Keep it coming!

e-lu on
  • creid8creid8 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

I'll have my PSP with me. I'm not far in the game but if we ever cross paths, I'll be down for it.
    I'll have my PSP, and I'm definitely down for some Peace Walking.

creid8 on
  • It's not a tumorIt's not a tumor Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'll be bringing my PSP with me. I need to have something to do on the four-hour return flight. (I'll be sleeping on the flight there, wee. . .)

It's not a tumor on
  • testsubject23testsubject23 King of No Sleep ZzzzzzzRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Just picked up a copy of MGS: Peace Walker, so I can play it with y'all.

testsubject23 on
    camo_sig2.png
    Steam: Chaos Introvert | Twitch.tv: Chaos_Introvert | R*SC: Chaos_Introvert | PSN: testsubject23
  • KevralynKevralyn Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I don't have any multiplayer stuff, but I might bring my psp for the lines. Touting out Persona 3 as my signature title.

Kevralyn on
    Dominic
    sig.gif
  • DeefuzzDeefuzz Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Ok never played Xenogears before, I think I am going to download the PSN copy and save it off to my PSP and bring that along.

My bag will be heavy with all of the handhelds I plan on bringing!

Deefuzz on
    [ Web: Twitter | Blog ]
    [ XBL: NemesisFuzz | PSN: Deefuzz ]
  • It's not a tumorIt's not a tumor Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Deefuzz wrote: »
    Ok never played Xenogears before, I think I am going to download the PSN copy and save it off to my PSP and bring that along.

The graphics on Xenogears hasn't aged well but it's still a pretty fantastic title. I'm picking it up when I get home tonight.

It's not a tumor on
  • KevralynKevralyn Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Deefuzz wrote: »

The graphics on Xenogears hasn't aged well but it's still a pretty fantastic title. I'm picking it up when I get home tonight.

Bit of an odd one Xenogears. Definitely a game that was rushed out and could have been more tidily split into two, fuller games. However, a very good title. Has a lot of good plot that messes with your perceptions which I'm a great fan of.

Be prepared for a beast of a game, this thing could quite tidily suck up 70 hours if you explore a bunch.

Oh, and like much of that era, was never released to the UK. :(

Kevralyn on
    Dominic
    sig.gif
  • OnmitsuOnmitsu I'm just a birdie Ca-caw, ca-caw!Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    My PSP is on "Extended loan" to a good friend of mine, but I'm sure she'll be bring it along with dissidia at the least. I've got a DS and Clash of Heroes though, so not all is lost.

Onmitsu on
    Man, even Dora the Explorer thinks you're slow.
  • Osu16bitOsu16bit Registered User new member
    edited February 2011
    I'm down for the psp tekken 6 tournament but I can't see it having a turnout. I'm surprised console T6 is running.

Osu16bit on
  • Vanishing PointVanishing Point Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'll be bringing Hot Shots Golf Open Tee 2, and once again break out some OutRun too.
    Just have to rifle through my collection to see what else is ad-hoc and what I don't suck at. :)

Vanishing Point on
    Fact 200. Album One - Conch shell red. Album Two - Peony blue. Not for resale unless desperate.
  • ScootsScoots HandHeld Lounge Manager SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Osu16bit wrote: »
    I'm down for the psp tekken 6 tournament but I can't see it having a turnout. I'm surprised console T6 is running.
    I guess you'll have to scrounge up some competition then :p

But seriously, tell your buds if you know they have the game. Like I said before, we've run Dissidia for a few PAX's so it was time for something different.

Scoots on
  • MafuchiMafuchi Registered User new member
    edited March 2011
    Street Fighter Alpha 3, hows the ad-hoc support? I've never had good results with multiplayer fights.

Mafuchi on
    edited March 2011
    Osu16bit wrote: »

I was planning on joining this, even though I'm terrible at the game. You'd think I'd be better having owned about 6 different versions of this game since the first one..

Gaus on
  • DJ LushiousDJ Lushious Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Mafuchi wrote: »
    Street Fighter Alpha 3, hows the ad-hoc support? I've never had good results with multiplayer fights.
    Last year at PAX East I had no issues with SFA3 PSP-to-PSP. Granted, me and my friend were sitting next to each other, but still.

DJ Lushious on
  • SchlockSchlock aka, KoalaBro2 Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2011
    A friend lent me his PSP, since normally I don't do a lot of handheld gaming. Sounds like Dissidia is a must-have. Browsing through the list of games available on the Playstation Network, Metal Slug is a cheap classic that could provide some good, quick, line entertainment. What about racing games? What's the PSP's answer to Mario Kart?

Schlock on
  • hsofpn666hsofpn666 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    burnout legends

hsofpn666 on
  • ninja_bladeninja_blade Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Bring Street Fighter Alpha Max!!! and FF Dissidia!

ninja_blade on
    karate here. [taps his head] Karate here. [taps his heart] Karate never here. [points to his belt] Understand?