As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

(Brainstorming/Sign Up) PAX Prank East 2011?

burnttoast45burnttoast45 Registered User regular
edited June 2011 in PAX Archive
With the addition of PAX East, it's time that we start to consider a new prank. There are some ideas brewing but we'd like to open up the floor to the broader community. I'd like East to have its own vibe separate from Prime. You can find information on our previous pranks here: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=123540 and for the PRIME '10 Prank search for Salmon Security on Youtube (a complete recap will be posted as soon as the website guys have free time). Since there are many members of the community who would rather be surprised by whatever prank ensues, please pm me your suggestions or email them to paxprank at gmail.

At this time I'd like to also open up sign ups for said prank. Keep in mind the ultimate numbers will be dependent on what the prank turns out to be. Also there is a chance that there will not be a prank. You can sign up via this thread, pming me directly, or emailing the above gmail account. In all cases please include an email address.

Remember please abide by our following Prank Mission Statement:

The PAX Prank strives to be fun for everyone involved, be it the one(s) being pranked (henceforth known as “targets”) or the ones pranking (henceforth “pranksters”). The PAX Prank will never be something with malicious intent. It will strive to never embarrass targets (much). It will be mindful of people who want no part in it, will not push the issue, and will always respect the authority figures of Penny Arcade Inc., PAX, and Greater Seattle/Boston. The PAX prank will not cause any damage emotionally, physically, or financially to anyone, whether they are involved directly or indirectly.

Requirements:

You must not be opposed to Twitter and preferably can get SMS updates or potentially phone calls. Twitter is how we are going to coordinate the various pranks that we will do over the weekend.

You must be at least moderately outgoing. What we will do will call a lot of attention to ourselves. We will probably be interacting with some of the celebrities that are at PAX as well. In other words, YOU WILL BE SEEN! If attention, social interaction, and having people probably laughing at you and/or wanting to praise you/shake your hand -- among other things -- upsets you, you need not look any further.*

*Note: If you would like to be involved in the creative aspects of the prank (content, design, etc) rather than the actual presentation please send me a message. We’re always looking for help.

Once again please do not post prank ideas within the thread

burnttoast45 on