As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

MINECRAFT: Important Server News In OP

ultimakayultimakay Registered User regular
edited February 2011 in Social Entropy++
nR5Od.gif

If your interested in what Minecraft is then click here.

IMPORTANT NEWS

We have maxed out what the VPS is able to do for us because the server has become so popular. We would like to move to renting a dedicated server but we would have to take donations to keep it running because of the cost. If your willing to donate then please PM me, you dont have to say an amount if you dont want to. Im just trying to gauge how many people would be interested in donating.

The server is up, and we are now on a whitelist system. If you want to get the IP and be added to the whitelist you can PM me or Nuka.
Please include your minecraft name.

Server Render Feb 14th Day | Night

We are not able to do a new render because of corruption in the map file and we are not sure when we will be able to do a new render.

Some of us use vent, heres the info:
vtx14.defconservers.com
port:3860
password: fortytwo

More will go here when I get around to it. OP is under construction so it may look odd till I can get stuff sorted out.

hLeTR.png
ultimakay on

• ultimakayultimakay Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    So this is shamelessly stolen from Nukas upcoming OP, and im lazy and have other things to do so here is a way better explanation about texture packs and list of them then I could ever hope to give. (Thank you Nuka!)
    nuka wrote: »
    So you want to mod your game?

Ok. There's like a billion of them so I would set aside a weekend for this. I'll try to break up this post for you, so that it doesn't get too crazy.

Server Mods.

We run Bukkit. We used to run Hey0 but they decided that it was a shit mod and decided to start anew. It was actually a good idea because the other was all bogged down with just crap as things are wont to do. We're only running a handful of plugins for the mod though, it's hardly finished and we're trying to keep the server as stable as possible. However if you see a totally rad plugin that you think we'd benefit from please tell us!
    Keep in mind though we're running on survival and there's a certain level of difficulty we would like to maintain, so please don't suggest us any plugins that would make the game easier, you know things like diamond picks that never break or something.

Other mods

They're all located here. You can find some pretty neat ones, but go here for your singleplayer needs, the majority of these mods can't be run on the server.

Texture packs

I'm not a fan of how the game originally looks either, but something to understand? There are a lot of texture mods. Like, so many you guys.

Ok so I split these up into their various sizes. For all high definition packs you must install this mod to operate them. They will simply not work otherwise. Oh yeah I work on a couple of packs myself.

16 Bit
    32 Bit
    64 Bit and up

ultimakay on
    hLeTR.png
  • ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Oh. That really sucks. I was considering doing some work on my place tonight.

Stupid fire spreader.

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2011
    well poop

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • divine willydivine willy Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    pretty much everything within a large amount of space near spawn is on fire.

divine willy on
    gametag-Crafticus
  • iamthepiemaniamthepieman Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    well crap, where was the fire? See, this is why we need what I was suggesting at the end of the last thread. A kind of soft spawn-jail in the form of a spawn maze.

iamthepieman on
  • apricotmuffinsapricotmuffins Angry Bee Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    i want to wring some necks.

apricotmuffins on
  • RialeRiale I'm a little slow Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Serious suckage :( I hope we have a backup of some kind. If not, I did what I could to staunch the flames near spawn before the server was brought down. Sorry about your house, Apricot :( It looked pretty widespread though, cause I could see the flames all the way from the west road near my place.

Riale on
    33c9nxz.gif
    Steam | XBL: Elazual | Last.fm
  • RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2011
    fuckin doofs

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I was thinking about taking a screenshot from the top of my tower overlooking spawn last night.

Guess that's not going to happen now.

Baidol on
    Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    It's pretty crazy. Strangely the griefer didn't burn down the pit stop.

jackal on
    edited February 2011
    seriously, once the server comes back up I'm building a spawn cage. Even though I have no stake in the spawn area since I only visit it when I'm coming back to trade or if I meet an unfortunate demise it still makes me angry that vandals can do this.

iamthepieman on
    edited February 2011
    I am uncertain what a spawn cage is going to accomplish.

Baidol on
    edited February 2011
    does the server keep a list of who was logged in and from which IPs?

iamthepieman on
  • HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Man, I am glad my house is about 6 minutes from spawn (It is made of wood, you see.)

But that sucks.

Huntera on
  • ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    And since we don't have the mod server we used to it will be harder if not impossible to find out who did it and ban them forever?

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
    edited February 2011
    We have server logs yes, i also took everyones name that was in the server when the fire was discovered.

ultimakay on
    hLeTR.png
    edited February 2011
    we can find out.

meanwhile. this was on the west road next to duke's gardens:

2011-02-08_000710.jpg

apricotmuffins on
  • RialeRiale I'm a little slow Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    jackal wrote: »
    It's pretty crazy. Strangely the griefer didn't burn down the pit stop.

Yeah, it was weird. It seemed to go only west/south. Also, I speculate that whoever was responsible may have been on the server right before it was shut down. Whoever has the house right next to spawn with the twin columns of lava encased in glass. That house was fine (Fire was farther west). Then, I went to another nearby house to extinguish fires, and when I came back the lava columns had pieces of the glass missing and the whole floor was gone to the fire. There's no way it spread that quickly (hadn't even hit the wood bridge yet) and it's not like the fire would have taken the glass out. However, I didn't see anyone nearby so no idea who could have been responsible.

Riale on
    33c9nxz.gif
    Steam | XBL: Elazual | Last.fm
  • Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    metadust, marshmallow and i gotta get back to exploring and plumbing ya'lls depths

i have found two monster spawning things in caves so far, and each time it has been horrifying

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
    edited February 2011
    Is there really no way to find out who did it?

That sucks.

edit, jeez this thread moves fast. so we can find out who. excellant

divine willy on
    gametag-Crafticus
    edited February 2011
    i repeat: WE CAN FIND OUT AND BANNINATE. do not fear.

apricotmuffins on
    edited February 2011
    Baidol wrote: »

If people fell into a water pit that was near bedrock at spawn they would have to spend considerable time getting out to the point where someone who just wanted to grief might give up and find an easier target.

There would be a maze designed to make it take a long time before someone could actually do damage. The maze would have a pattern or at the very least a learnable route that would allow server regulars to traverse it quickly. Since you spawn without tools or inventory of any kind digging their way up or through the maze would take just as long as solving it.

iamthepieman on
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Oh what the shit.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
    edited February 2011
    we can find out.

meanwhile. this was on the west road next to duke's gardens:

2011-02-08_000710.jpg

what mods are you running apricot, that looks gorgeous.

divine willy on
    gametag-Crafticus
    edited February 2011
    Anjin-San wrote: »
    metadust, marshmallow and i gotta get back to exploring and plumbing ya'lls depths

i have found two monster spawning things in caves so far, and each time it has been horrifying

Anjin, I love explorinating the caves. If you ever need a spelunking partner let me know. I will drop almost anything to go light up a cave.

iamthepieman on
    edited February 2011
    I, too, enjoy spelunking.

Baidol on
  • TwixxoTwixxo the Lovebot Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Is my house dead? Is Twixxo homeless?!

Twixxo on
    TNBNcdc.gif
    edited February 2011
    Your house is always full of monsters anyway.

Baidol on
    edited February 2011

what mods are you running apricot, that looks gorgeous.

nuka's texture pack and better light /better grass. thassit.

also: HOW CAN YOU THINK OF BEAUTY AT A TIME OF SUCH GREAT MOURNING.

apricotmuffins on
    edited February 2011
    hey, I helped extinguish your house, buddy. also thank you for the information, I mourn with you.

divine willy on
    gametag-Crafticus
  • nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Gonna fucking kill everyone.

I got little sleep last night and all I wanted was a nap.

nuka on
    DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

If people fell into a water pit that was near bedrock at spawn they would have to spend considerable time getting out to the point where someone who just wanted to grief might give up and find an easier target.

There would be a maze designed to make it take a long time before someone could actually do damage. The maze would have a pattern or at the very least a learnable route that would allow server regulars to traverse it quickly. Since you spawn without tools or inventory of any kind digging their way up or through the maze would take just as long as solving it.

The server I play on with my buddies has a similar system... Players spawn in a giant cube made out of bedrock with a pretty complex 3d maze in order to get out.

There's also a tunnel full of iron doors (like, it'd take half an hour of focused work to smash through them without a pickaxe) connected to a redstone switch outside, so that if you invite a friend to the server you can just let them out that way.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
    edited February 2011
    Muffins you can live in the museum with me until we find homes!

Twixxo on
    TNBNcdc.gif
    edited February 2011
    I'm moving out into the deep wilderness.

divine willy on
    gametag-Crafticus
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I know for sure that I did not do it.

Or have I been sleeping longer?

Have I been Tyler more and more?

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
    edited February 2011
    Twixxo wrote: »

Your house was fine last i saw.

ultimakay on
    hLeTR.png
    edited February 2011
    Raiden333 wrote: »

The server I play on with my buddies has a similar system... Players spawn in a giant cube made out of bedrock with a pretty complex 3d maze in order to get out.

There's also a tunnel full of iron doors (like, it'd take half an hour of focused work to smash through them without a pickaxe) connected to a redstone switch outside, so that if you invite a friend to the server you can just let them out that way.

this is pretty much exactly what i was thinking of doing.

iamthepieman on
    edited February 2011
    ultimakay wrote: »
    Twixxo wrote: »

Your house was fine last i saw.

Oh coolz. Lets make a spawnboxthingy.

Twixxo on
    TNBNcdc.gif
  • nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    We can put it directly under spawn in a dark hole and they have to climb and find their way out.

We can build it out of obsidian or bedrock or whatever.

nuka on
    DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
    edited February 2011
    i like this plan.

spawnton is now a prison of death an hellfire

we must pay for one mans sin

apricotmuffins on
This discussion has been closed.