As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bad Company 2: BC2 night every Thursday

• Options
    MetallikatMetallikat Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    That cyberpower sounds nice

From what I remember, Cyberpower has a... spotty reputation at best.

Metallikat on
  • Options
    HyperAquaBlastHyperAquaBlast Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    In OpFlash: Dragon Rising when you go prone you kinda tuck your gun down and begin to lay on the floor like a normal person so no shooting. Also if you run and dive its the same thing but you get a splash of dirt on the screen. And getting back up is a bitch too but reasonable.

HyperAquaBlast on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    mts wrote: »
    maybe more of a stun/haze rather then damage. think grenade just went off and everything is a touch fuzzy for a sec or two. like you just got the wind knocked out of you

That would also be acceptable. The goal would be to give you no tactical advantage with dive-to-prone other than not dying.

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • Options
    hailthefishhailthefish Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Yeah, dive to prone should be "OH HOLY FUCK THAT TANK IS SHOOTING AT ME I'M GONNA RUN FOR THAT WRECKED HOUSE AND HOPE THE FOUNDATION WILL PROTECT ME"

Not "herp derp derp, I will flush out those bushwookiees by repeatedly running toward them and diving prone!"

hailthefish on
  • Options
    LepwaveLepwave Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Metallikat wrote: »
    That cyberpower sounds nice

From what I remember, Cyberpower has a... spotty reputation at best.

Cyberpower has been pretty decent for me, ordered one from them in 2005, lasted for 5 years then I decided to upgrade. My current PC is with them and is working fine.

Lepwave on
    XBL/CoX tags - Lepwave/@Lepwave
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Man, I remember back when they patched dolphin diving out of BF2. I remember watching an entire squad dolphin diving across Karkand in BF2 once. It was the funniest thing I had ever seen in in that game. If only for comical effect, I hope they still let you dolphin dive, just not be able to use your weapon.

EDIT: If you are looking to order a prebuilt computer, order from me. I work for a repair/build shop and could build you a machine for a fair price. PM me or hit me up on steam if you are interested so we can work out a quote.

That_Guy on
  • Options
    LepwaveLepwave Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Good ol days of dolphin diving in BF2, I remember I use to aim at the feet only cause that shit happens all the time.

Lepwave on
    XBL/CoX tags - Lepwave/@Lepwave
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    WarcryWarcry I'm getting my shit pushed in here! AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Dashui wrote: »
    I bought an Alienware Aurora not too long ago, except with an i7-920, 6GB DDR3, a single ATI 5870 and a media card reader, although I chose a 500GB drive instead of 1TB, and it came out to be the same price as what you listed. I wonder if they increased the general price of the machine?

In any case, video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DYDFhP1XLE

bueno excellente

Warcry on
  • Options
    finnithfinnith ... TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    While I know with the increased focus on vehicular combat will come more explosive-based weapons I really hope that they're completely ineffective against infantry. While it's certainly died down I still find myself getting killed by those explosive mark 2 users.

Also keep everyone limited to one grenade. I still have nightmares about trying to ascend the hill on Omaha Beach.

finnith on
    Bnet: CavilatRest#1874
    Steam: CavilatRest
  • Options
    MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I would be fine with starting with 2 grenades if there was absolutely no way to replenish them.

MegaMek on
    Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Options
    TheExAmTheExAm Gerrymandered your districts Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    BF2's rockets were generally shit against infantry, and their anti-tank nature was pretty well emphasized by the almost nonexistant splash damage and the CLANG of holepunched armor, so I think it's safe to assume that that will be the case in BF3.

TheExAm on
    6Jx6HOg.png
    Battlemans: DiscoCabbage | Elite: Dangerous: Aleksandr Khabaj
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    TheExAm wrote: »
    BF2's rockets were generally shit against infantry, and their anti-tank nature was pretty well emphasized by the almost nonexistant splash damage and the CLANG of holepunched armor, so I think it's safe to assume that that will be the case in BF3.

The rockets in BF2 were pretty maneuverable so you could in fact snipe with them. I remember sniping guys off the crane on Sharqi Peninsula from way across the map. I remember waiting for someone to start ascending the tower. When they were almost at the top, I would launch an AT rocket at them, guiding it straight into their ass.

Man I really hope they bring Sharqi back

That_Guy on
  • Options
    finnithfinnith ... TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I just hate people using the rockets as some sort of suicidal shotgun.

finnith on
    Bnet: CavilatRest#1874
    Steam: CavilatRest
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Well, to be fair, if you run up on someone as they're getting ready to use the rocket launcher, they don't really have time to switch weapons. But people who equip it and then run in toward a close quarters fight are terrible.

hailthefish on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    It would be pretty cool if they introduced blackblast into BF3 and make the explosive radius much much smaller. If you fire an RPG7/CG/AT4 indoors, the back blast would probably kill you. If an RPG hit the ground next to you you would probably be a little cooked, but more or less fine.

That_Guy on
  • Options
    TheExAmTheExAm Gerrymandered your districts Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    That_Guy wrote: »
    TheExAm wrote: »

The rockets in BF2 were pretty maneuverable so you could in fact snipe with them. I remember sniping guys off the crane on Sharqi Peninsula from way across the map. I remember waiting for someone to start ascending the tower. When they were almost at the top, I would launch an AT rocket at them, guiding it straight into their ass.

Man I really hope they bring Sharqi back

The amount of fog on Sharqui, even at maximum draw distance, was fucking ridiculous. You couldn't see shit from the MEC spawn, and you'd always get tagged by a nosy TVGM from an invisible chopper off in the distance. I hated that map. I HATE TVGMS.

TheExAm on
    6Jx6HOg.png
    Battlemans: DiscoCabbage | Elite: Dangerous: Aleksandr Khabaj
  • Options
    President RexPresident Rex Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'm hoping for some sort of Javelin implementation. I know MW2's was a bit buggy, but it was incredibly fun to basically have a short-delay artillery strike. That happens to double as an anti-vehicular weapon.

...even though MW2 only let it use the vertical attack mode, even though real Javelins can fire straight as well.

Maybe I just like to know that every missile I shoot costs the government over $100,000.

President Rex on
  • Options
    TwistedJesterTwistedJester Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    CoD has grappling hooks now? Thats kinda cool actually but I imagine is implemented horribly.

I'm not sure, but now I have the urge to boot up Agent Under Fire now. Thanks.
    My two cents on prone are as follows. You should be able to go into it quickly and while in the air.

So basically you want a dive button, which would turn the game into Gears of War.

See, this is why they just up and took prone out of Bad Company.
    I have no idea because I only played some of the campaign in Gears before I grew really bored with it.

I don't see what the issue is with being able to minimize your profile as an act of self preservation at the cost of being completely vulnerable for a few seconds. BF games before this have implemented it in a way that made it difficult to exploit (BF2 aside), so I don't see why they couldn't do it now.

TwistedJester on
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I got like 7 bronze stars tonight. 4 shotguns and 3 LMGs. Just MG36 and MG3 left.

SirToasty on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    And all the specact weapons. Or are you not going for the badge, just getting the regular weapons?

hailthefish on
  • Options
    Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I have become the AT-4 whisperer

nothing as good as those videos or whatever but every day I play I get at least 3-5ish AT-4 kills on choppers, and i scream YESSS everry time

Feels Good Man on
  • Options
    GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    And all the specact weapons. Or are you not going for the badge, just getting the regular weapons?

I managed to get the badge without bronze starring the specact weapons. So I dunno what's up with that.

Garthor on
  • Options
    Hank_ScorpioHank_Scorpio Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    mts wrote: »
    maybe more of a stun/haze rather then damage. think grenade just went off and everything is a touch fuzzy for a sec or two. like you just got the wind knocked out of you

Yeah, I figured the knockdown would be only for big explosions at really close range. Like a tank shell or RPG hitting a wall behind you.

Hank_Scorpio on
  • Options
    WarcryWarcry I'm getting my shit pushed in here! AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    GameInformer BF3 feature article scanned:
    1297141633509.jpg
    1297141704110.jpg
    1297141769371.jpg
    1297141849742.jpg
    1297141893719.jpg
    1297141936092.jpg
    1297142000793.jpg
    1297142040646.jpg
    1297142097212.jpg
    1297142241598.jpg

Warcry on
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I haven't read all of it, but destruction 3.0 sounds nice. Sometimes it just seems weird that certain things in BC2 can't be destroyed when there's so much that can.

Peewi on
  • Options
    BingarossoBingarosso Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Looking forward to Thursday Night Fights in a couple of days!

Bingarosso on
    LDN-text-with-logo1.png
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Definitely looking forward to BF3 after enjoying BC2 so much, but with larger teams involved I hope the design of larger levels is done better. Some of the BF2 levels seemed like they were designed to punish you for having the audacity to die before vehicles respawned. Squad spawning should help a good bit though, provided it's going to be in BF3. Don't see why it wouldn't be since it's one of the single best ways I've seen to get people to use teamwork, even inadvertantly.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Just finished off weapon bronze stars. Now I can go back to using whatever guns I like.

Still need 3 pins (3 roadkills, 3 car kills, 2 boat kills) and bronze stars for cars and boats.

SirToasty on
  • Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Boy the BF3 thread is all about how BF2 was the best thing ever and that they were the best players in the world in BF2.

Satsumomo on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Satsumomo wrote: »
    Boy the BF3 thread is all about how BF2 was the best thing ever and that they were the best players in the world in BF2.

That thread is a clusterfuck. I bet most of those people will join the PA server for 5 minutes before going back to COD or some shit. It sounds to me like DICE is developing it in much the same style of BC2. I like BC2.

That_Guy on
  • Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I like BC2 a lot too.

Satsumomo on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Satsumomo wrote: »
    There were things that BF2 did better than BC2.

It's just that its a very small list when compared to the list of things BC2 did better than BF2.

TwistedJester on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Bigger maps.

More players?

And that's pretty much the list.

hailthefish on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    From the other thread:
    The only things I really want coming back from BF2 are dedicated squad leaders, larger squads, the commo rose system including marking waypoints, and maybe a modified commander system where the commander is more about coordinating squads than using abilities.

TwistedJester on
  • Options
    EndaroEndaro Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    From the other thread:
    The only things I really want coming back from BF2 are dedicated squad leaders, larger squads, the commo rose system including marking waypoints, and maybe a modified commander system where the commander is more about coordinating squads than using abilities.

Yeah I did really enjoy the commander type stuff back in the day, when it was used right. Either being orchestrated well or doing the orchestration was always fun. It was pretty great at it's best, organized squads functioning in an organized fashion etc.

I was disappointed when I played BC2 for the first time and saw they just turned them in to 4 man mobile spawns. Here's hoping they bring it back, it was really the only thing I preferred about BF2.

Endaro on
  • Options
    MrDelishMrDelish Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    how big were squads in BF2 again?

MrDelish on
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Six players. Last I heard, they're going with four man squads again for BF3.

Zxerol on
  • Options
    CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    MrDelish wrote: »
    how big were squads in BF2 again?

6 players.

Bigger squads are better when you've got 32 players per side.

Zxerol wrote: »
    Booooo :v:

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • Options
    emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Thanks assholes, now I'm reinstall BF2 which has apparently had 2 more expansions since I played.

emp123 on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Zxerol wrote: »
    I don't think they confirmed squad sizes, just that there would be four classes, which is a plus if they're using the BF2142 class system. Even if they're just using the one from BC2 I'll be happy, but the BF2142 one would reduce both UGL spam and revive chains.

TwistedJester on
This discussion has been closed.