As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Robot Chicken Final Farewell Party *Updated 8/05/07*

Methos645Methos645 Registered User regular
edited September 2007 in PAX Archive
RobotChicken.jpg

What:
After three hard days of gaming, partying and drinking you deserve a break! Time to sleep, pack your bags and prepare for the long (or short) journey home. However, if you find that you still have some party left in you then come over and wreck yourself! WARNING: This is not for the faint of heart! In honor of ripping off popular titles from adult swim we have decided to name our humble gathering the Robot Chicken Final Farewell Party! Why? Because we lack originality and have a yearning desire to get sued. Commemorate all the parties by having another party in honor of the parties previously celebrated before this party!

Where:
We have two rooms reserved at The Sheraton Hotel. Don't know where that is? Consult the PAX map thread!

When:
Sunday night (after the expo) is the plan. The party starts promptly at 9:00pm!

Why:
Because you are a hardcore party person and lack the common sense to listen to your body and get some rest. Despite the sleep deprivation, dehydration, hangover and obscure rash you decided to push your limits and go for broke! Or you just feel like chilling, playing some games and saying goodbye to new or old friends.

How:
.....To find us? The Pre-PAX dinner on Thursday! No Luck? Try the Pre-PAX movie raid! Don't think we exist? Then try to catch us at the Sealab Party. When you find us we will provide you with the time and room numbers. As always, bringing alcohol and food is encouraged...but not required. We will be passing out tickets throughout the weekend as it will be your only method of entry. Flash it to our door man and you're gold! No ticket, no party.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Methos645 on

• Options
    LordHomsarLordHomsar Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Psoting!

LordHomsar on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    OfficerOfficer Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Parties are cool, and I like Robot Chicken, I like you Methos, you're my friend. Let's drink intoxicants together and share Karaoke! Hai hai!

Officer on
  • Options
    The DeliveratorThe Deliverator Slingin Pies The California BurbclavesRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Meh to Robot Chicken.
    YAY to Parties!

edit: Karaoke? DEAR GOD NOOOOOOOOO!

The Deliverator on
  • Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I'm posting! Don't hate me anymore. Love me for the man I am!

Oh...and if I'm still awake enough after sunday I'll definitely show up!

Kyanilis on
  • Options
    BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I am not posting here. If Methos says I am he is lying. the whore.

I also have no breasts for him to use for his own evil purposes.

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
  • Options
    Madmathman03Madmathman03 Registered User new member
    edited May 2007
    I have been assimilated ;P

Madmathman03 on
  • Options
    randomguyrandomguy Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Sealab will roll in deep, balls blazing.

randomguy on
    "i ate your babies princess."
  • Options
    LordHomsarLordHomsar Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    New Sig/Avatar!

LordHomsar on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Awesome! What games do people feel like playing?

Methos645 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    OfficerOfficer Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Iunno. What do YOU wanna play?

Officer on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I want to play with the sun :winky:

BrokenAngel on
  • Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Methos645 wrote: »

Well I am trying to write some rules to make Mario Party 2 into a drinking game. The main point is everyone starts with 1 can of beer. The winner is whoever has the most empty cans at the end of the game. Depending on what happens you get to take an appropriate sized drink from your can. For example landing on a Blue Space is a drink, landing on a red space you are penalized and don't get a drink, buying a star from Toad let's you finish your current drink and get the next, and stealing a star from another player let's you steal his current drink and finish it.

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    anableanable North TexasRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I'm up for going for broke.

I have never played a drinking game so I'm down for my first experience to be some type of alcohol/video game hybrid.

anable on
  • Options
    HotSakeHotSake Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    That actually sounds fun.

HotSake on
    hotsakepaxsigbl0.png
  • Options
    BamboozaBambooza Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Ya flush it out a little TNT as this game has the potential of being a huge hit.

Bambooza on
    The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    TNTrooper wrote: »

Well I am trying to write some rules to make Mario Party 2 into a drinking game. The main point is everyone starts with 1 can of beer. The winner is whoever has the most empty cans at the end of the game. Depending on what happens you get to take an appropriate sized drink from your can. For example landing on a Blue Space is a drink, landing on a red space you are penalized and don't get a drink, buying a star from Toad let's you finish your current drink and get the next, and stealing a star from another player let's you steal his current drink and finish it.

This sounds like a great Idea. I'm definately Bringing Mario Kart Double Dash for some DUI Mario Kart action. I will think of more games we can play at the party as the days pass by.

Methos645 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Alright here is the first edition of the rules and this should be enough to give you a good enough idea how to convert the game into whatever Mario Party game you would want to play.

RULES AND POINT OF THE GAME
    The point of the game is to get flat out drunk. Depending on what happens in the game players will take a drink from one of their open cans. The winner of the game is whoever has the most empty beer cans at the end. Due to the fact players will be swapping drinks it is advised that players each "play" a different type of beer, but also standardized the beer to be the same size. Also it is advised all players are in good health and doesn't happen to have any illnesses that might be spread through sharing drinks. Players are allowed to take drinks from other sources whenever they as long as it is not beer being played in the game

What players should bring
    About 20 cans or bottles of beer all standardized to the same amount of ounces.
    A plastic bag or something to hold your empty cans.
    A hip flask or something to drink from just in case you have bad luck and need to have a drink.

Opening a new can of beer
    Players may open a new can of beer when only when they don't have any open cans to play the game with.

Restroom
    Players are granted a chance to go to the restroom for whatever they need after the mini-game at the end of the round is over and the beer is drank.

Passing out, vomiting, and pissing your pants
    A player performing any of the above should be kicked out of the game and an audience member can take over for him/her. Also if you can't hold it to the restroom break just go anyway.

How to win
    At the end of the game players count their empty can and whoever has the most wins

Tie Breaker
    If 2 or more players have the same amount of empty cans then they shall take one of the cans they couldn't finish during the game or open a new one if they don't have one and the winner will be decided by whoever can empty their drink the fastest. If a winner can't be declared by the first drinking contest then the players in question shall continue having drinking contests till a winner is decied. There will be no restroom breaks during this period for the players in the drinking contest.

Bonus Stars
    Bonus Stars should be turned off.

SPACES

Blue Spaces
    Take a drink.

Red Spaces
    Don't take a drink.

! Space
    Give Coins: Player on receiving end takes the other players beer and takes a drink.
    Give Star: Player on receiving end takes the other players beer and drinks the whole can.
    Trade Coins: Players swap drinks.
    Trade Stars: Swap drinks player that benifits from this empties his new drink.

? Space
    To be added with board events...

Treasure Chest Space
    Take a big drink before the mini-game starts.

Lightning Space
    Everyone puts their beer cans side by side. Winner of mini-game get's to take 3 of his/her choice. Player in second place get's the last one. Player that landed on the space takes a drink after the beer is divided.

Bowser Spaces
    Star Steal: Give your beer to someone in the audience.
    Stars Packed to Go: Give your beer to someone in the audience.
    10,000 Coin Present: Give your beer to someone in the audience.
    100 Star Present: Give your beer to someone in the audience.
    ## Coins for Bowser: Give your beer to someone in the audience, Also you don't get to take a drink the next time your are supposed to.
    Bowser's Coin Potluck: Player that lands on the spaces gives his/her beer to someone in the audience.
    Bowser's Chance Time: Player chosen gives his/her beer to someone in the audience, Also you don't get to take a drink the next time your are supposed to.
    Bowser's Appearing Act: Give your beer to someone in the audience. Any player Bowser runs into gives his/her drink to someone in the audience.
    Bowser's Multiplying Toads: Don't take a a drink. Person that buys the fake star gives his/her beer to someone in the audience.
    Bowser Revolution: Players that benefit take a drink. Player that landed on the space doesn't take a drink the next time he/she is supposed to.

Bank Space
    Player that lands on the space empties his drink if he/she gains coins.

Bowser Land Bank Space
    Players take a drink everytime they gain coins from this space. Player lands on space and loses coins gives his/her beer to someone in the audience.

Toad
    Finish your beer.

Boo
    Steal Coins: Take the chosen players beer.
    Steal Star: Take the chosen players beer and drink all of it.

Baby Bowser
    Don't take a drink at the end of your turn regardless of what space you land on.

ITEMS

Mushroom
    Take a drink when you use it

Golden Mushroom
    Take 2 drinks when you use it.

Skeleton Key
    Take a drink when you use it.

Plunder Chest
    Steal the chosen player's beer.

Warp Block
    Swap beers with the chosen player.

Dueling Glove
    Winner takes the losers beer and drinks all of it.

Magic Lamp
    Nothing.

Bowser Bomb
    Any player Bowser runs into gives his/her drink to someone in the audience.

Boo Bell
    Steal Coins: Take the chosen players beer.
    Steal Star: Take the chosen players beer and drink all of it.

Bowser Suit
    Steal the beer of any player you encounter. Take a drink for any other good event that might happen.

BOARD EVENTS

Coming soon...

MINI-GAMES

4 Player
    Winner takes a big drink.

2-2
    The winning team should clank their cans together and take a big drink from their respective can.

1-3
    The winning team should clank their cans together(unless it was the one man team) and take a big drink from their respective can.

Mini-games where players do nothing but collect coins
    The winner is decided by whoever collected the most coins and may take a big drink. Everyone else that collected coins may have a small sip.

Feel free to give any comments or suggestions or if you happen to have a N64 with Mario Party 2 and 4 controllers feedback from playtesting would be even better.

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Um, this sounds fantastic. It also sounds like I'm taking more time off from work...

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    its sunday night dude!

btw, i propose a goldeneye 007 drinking game, every time someone gets capped with the golden gun, shot!

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    dyaballikl wrote: »
    its sunday night dude!

Yeah, and I normally get up for work @ around 5 the a.m.

Not that I haven't shown up still tipsy, but one likes to try and break those habits whenever possible :shock:

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    TNT- Awesome! That gives me more than enough to work off of.
    dyaballikl- Oh hell yes...007 it shall be! Love that idea.

I'm going to bring track meet as well with the power pad on the old NES. I think we will have enough systems and games to have some pretty healthy drunken fun.

The Drinking game line-up thus far:

Mario Kart DD - Cube
    Goldeneye 007 - N64
    Track Meet- NES
    Mario Party- Cube
    Wii Sports- Wii

Methos645 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Should we make this a Pajama party? Maybe I should ask moe if he would be willing to make a poll....

Methos645 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    PersopolianPersopolian Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Sounds like a sweet party. I'll definitely check it out. This is my first time at PAX, so I'm hopin to hit as many parties as I can :lol:

Persopolian on
  • Options
    Cynd3rCynCynd3rCyn Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    What if your pajamas are usually what you pass out in? Or would you prefer I go out and buy some scary onesies that zip all the way up to the neck with some slip resistant feet? :lol:

Cynd3rCyn on
  • Options
    Cynd3rCynCynd3rCyn Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

I'm going to bring track meet as well with the power pad on the old NES. I think we will have enough systems and games to have some pretty healthy drunken fun.

Mario Kart DD - Cube
    Goldeneye 007 - N64
    Track Meet- NES
    Mario Party- Cube
    Wii Sports- Wii

You can add guitar hero 1 and 2 and DDR to that list if you wish since I will be bringing my PS2

Cynd3rCyn on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Cynd3rCyn wrote: »

Mario Kart DD - Cube
    Goldeneye 007 - N64
    Track Meet- NES
    Mario Party- Cube
    Guitar Hero 1 & 2- PS2
    Wii Sports- Wii

You can add guitar hero 1 and 2 and DDR to that list if you wish since I will be bringing my PS2

Consider it done!

Methos645 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    LupisLandersawLupisLandersaw Registered User new member
    edited June 2007
    Count my group in! Great way to end the weekend!

LupisLandersaw on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    So it's official. It's a pajama party now too! Games, PJ's, Food, Booze...you simply can't lose!

Methos645 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    AccalonAccalon Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Hey I'm pretty sure that rhymes! I'm in too! That is if I don't HAVE to head home on sunday night. I plan on changing my hotel reservation to include sunday so I can hit the party and just chill after a great convention.

Accalon on
    PAX 2007 Omegathon Champeen

*Proud member of the Photoshop Heroes*
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Accalon wrote: »
    Hey I'm pretty sure that rhymes! I'm in too! That is if I don't HAVE to head home on sunday night. I plan on changing my hotel reservation to include sunday so I can hit the party and just chill after a great convention.

Yay! Love you Accalon! GO OREGON OMEGANAUT!

Methos645 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ppd1000ppd1000 Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I shall deffiently try to come! im in the same hotel

ppd1000 on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I'm coming purely to kick your ass at drinking games Methos. If I haven't killed you already over the weekend.

BrokenAngel on
  • Options
    PeasantDavePeasantDave Jersey ShoreRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I have played a Double Dash Drinking Game (we call it drinking and driving) as follows:

The person not steering takes all the drinks (the guy on the back).

Drink for the following:
    Completing a lap
    Getting hit

Depending on the track that's enough, but feel free to add your own rules! Unfortunately I probably won't be able to make it because I will be flying back to Jersey as of 9 PM. :(

PeasantDave on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    awwww...I will have a drink for you then...peasantdave....

Methos645 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Okay, So I am calling it good with the group games:

Mario Kart DD - Cube
    Goldeneye 007 - N64
    Track Meet- NES
    Mario Party- Cube
    Guitar Hero 1 & 2- PS2
    Wii Sports- Wii
    Mario Party 8- Wii

Drinking rules for the games will be up and posted by tomorrow...assuming I finish the rules for the unofficial DOTA tournament by today. Which just might happen...

Methos645 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    ATTENTION:

Our group has decided that the person with the most creative looking PJ's will win a prize and Trophy. A pretty decent prize from what I have gathered. The trophy however, will look shitty and cheap so don't go placing it on your mantle. I need three judges who are willing to make this crucial and life changing decision. Any volunteers? E-mail me so I can keep you secret! "Keep it secret...keep it safe...."

Naked+Bewbs or Wee Wee= Not creative!

Showing up naked will NOT help you. Male or Female. You will be kicked out. As pleasing (or unpleasing) as it might be to look at...I cannot guarantee your safety once you leave the room...so all gang rapes fall on YOU! I know there is a slim chance of this actually happening...but lets face it...it's PAX. And this is hard for me to say...because I like bewbs.

Methos645 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    GuekGuek Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    i'm in and so is my friend

Guek on
  • Options
    Dee KaeDee Kae Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Most creative PJ's?

Damn, does this mean I have to take on tailoring or something?

Dee Kae on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Most creative PJ's?

Damn, does this mean I have to take on tailoring or something?

laff. Yeah I would set tailoring as one of your skills for this event. Ya know, so you can impress us with all your sexy dressings.

Methos645 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Samir Duran DuranSamir Duran Duran Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Cynd3rCyn wrote: »

Mario Kart DD - Cube
    Goldeneye 007 - N64
    Track Meet- NES
    Mario Party- Cube
    Wii Sports- Wii

I got another guitar.

Also karaoke revolution 1 & 3 which are pretty much drinking games.

Samir Duran Duran on
    Ani121OD.pngSpr_3e_121.gifAni121OD.png
This discussion has been closed.