As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

JUSTIFIED - SEASON 2 PREMIERE TONIGHT

• StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    that is money right there

Staleghoti on
    tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Phonehand wrote: »
    kings wasn't very good. i watched one episode that really gripped me.

justified is excellent though.

I can see why most people didn't like kings, but I was a fan overall. It did tendto be a little boring in parts but I loved the dialogue

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Kings was an interesting idea but I don't think they could have sustained it even if it hadn't gotten cancelled. I remember it seemed to me like they had run through most of the material in the Biblical account of the life of young David by the end of that one season, and if you actually put the crown on him you basically have a whole different show.

I guess they could have had the kid go found some sort of rebel group like when David was off leading a merry band of scoundrels hiding from Saul in caves.

Gaslight on
  • Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Balefuego wrote: »
    How mad am I going to be when I finish Deadwood and there is no more. I wanna watch it regardless, but I dunno that I wanna own it if the end is grievously unsatisfying.
    You'll be glad for the time you spent together, that's all I can say.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I should watch this show

I should have watched Terriers too, but by god I never even knew what it was about until it was already canceled

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Gaslight wrote: »
    Kings was an interesting idea but I don't think they could have sustained it even if it hadn't gotten cancelled. I remember it seemed to me like they had run through most of the material in the Biblical account of the life of young David by the end of that one season, and if you actually put the crown on him you basically have a whole different show.

I guess they could have had the kid go found some sort of rebel group like when David was off leading a merry band of scoundrels hiding from Saul in caves.

I'm happy with the amount of time it was on though. It just didn't need to go on.

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
    edited February 2011
    Olivaw wrote: »
    I should have watched Terriers too, but by god I never even knew what it was about until it was already canceled

For this I blame FX.

Gaslight on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I should watch this show

Do it Olivaw

Do it for me

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2011
    Some sweet new promos for season 2

season premiere is this Wed!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVT0B3pPsa8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGouKfBXRMg

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Holy shit the Dirty Harry commercial

But why in the dickens did the person posting it type "fell"

Why

Why would they do that to me

Poorochondriac on
  • Burden of ProofBurden of Proof You three boys picked a beautiful hill to die on. Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    This show is awesome! Especially once it gets going towards the end of the season.

Better than Terriers and totally not cancelled!

Burden of Proof on
  • GRMikeGRMike The Last Best Hope for Humanity The God Pod Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I thought Terriers had the right amount of character development. And I totally love that it ended how it did... you know, since it is never coming back :(

GRMike on
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Grey Ghost on
  • artifexiteartifexite Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I found Pronto buried in my house somewhere a couple months ago and read it. It's pretty cool how this series took the best shootouts from it and sprinkled them throughout the first season. Now I have to find the other books.

artifexite on
    edited February 2011
    This starts tonight motherfuckers

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    GRMike wrote: »
    I thought Terriers had the right amount of character development. And I totally love that it ended how it did... you know, since it is never coming back :(

Goddamn Terriers is so awesome I'm not kidding

el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Loving the new promo; Die Tryin'. Can't find it, though.

Enjoy the show, cast is great. Just realize Olyphant was Todd in 'Go'.

MichaelLC on
  • Burden of ProofBurden of Proof You three boys picked a beautiful hill to die on. Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    That just reminded me that he hasn't been on the Office recently, but I don't remember his character ever leaving. Weird.

Burden of Proof on
    edited February 2011
    So did anyone watch The Chicago Code? It's the new show from Shawn Ryan who did The Shield and Terriers

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011

For this I blame FX.

FX did what it had to do - and its hard to bag on a network that's given us LOUIE, ALWAYS SUNNY, ARCHER, LIGHTS OUT, JUSTIFIED, THE SHIELD, and one season of TERRIERS.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    So did anyone watch The Chicago Code? It's the new show from Shawn Ryan who did The Shield and Terriers

I did! I thought it was well done - the cast is really solid, the writing was quality (though there was a bit of hammy dialogue, especially the old detective yelling "You think you'll change things....IN CHICAGOOOOOOOOOOOOO?"

Lots of good television this year!

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
    edited February 2011
    I liked it too, there were some bits that felt out of place... The car chase at the start felt like it was right out of a network note.

But the cast is great, especially Lindo and the VoiceOver trick they pulled at the end really worked for me. It has a lot of potential.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • risumonrisumon Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    That just reminded me that he hasn't been on the Office recently, but I don't remember his character ever leaving. Weird.

His character was hired as a traveling salesman like Packer, so it's not really that odd that he hasn't been in any episodes lately.

risumon on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GRMikeGRMike The Last Best Hope for Humanity The God Pod Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I love that he was on the Office in the first place. It was completely random.

GRMike on
  • johnny_rockerjohnny_rocker Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    So many good shows mentioned in the same thread.

I loved Kings and was pissed when they pulled the plug on it. I haven't seen Deadwood so this was my first time seeing Ian McShane do his thing.

The Chicago Code looks great, so long as they can water down The Wire and The Shield down for broadcast TV without diluting it.

Didn't think I'd like Justified but watched the season premiere anyway, and that was a good investment of time. Timothy Olyphant bangin' hot chicks and shooting people. Shane from The Shield blowing shit up. Outstanding.

johnny_rocker on
  • Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Since there's so much talk about Deadwood

If people need an Ian McShane fix they should watch Pillars of the Earth. Actually people should watch it anyways

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
    edited February 2011

For this I blame FX.

FX did what it had to do - and its hard to bag on a network that's given us LOUIE, ALWAYS SUNNY, ARCHER, LIGHTS OUT, JUSTIFIED, THE SHIELD, and one season of TERRIERS.

I always forget what an awesome network FX is!

Burden of Proof on
    edited February 2011
    risumon wrote: »

His character was hired as a traveling salesman like Packer, so it's not really that odd that he hasn't been in any episodes lately.

Ah, that's right.

Burden of Proof on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited February 2011
    I really liked the Chicago Code pilot, but I'm more interested in seeing where it's gonna go from here. The cast and setting are fantastic, so it should at least be entertaining.

Also, I'm pumped for new Justified. Both Dewey Cox's parents are gonna be on the show now! Hilarious!

DJ Eebs on
    edited February 2011

For this I blame FX.

FX did what it had to do.

No, FX didn't properly promote and market Terriers. I was blaming them for the fact that people had no idea what it was until it was already canceled. I agree that they did what they had to do by canceling it, there was no way it was getting renewed with those ratings, but the bad ratings were mostly FX's own fault.

Gaslight on
    edited February 2011
    I really liked the Chicago Code pilot, but I'm more interested in seeing where it's gonna go from here. The cast and setting are fantastic, so it should at least be entertaining.

Also, I'm pumped for new Justified. Both Dewey Cox's parents are gonna be on the show now! Hilarious!

and Jeremy Davies!

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2011
    my roommate is not terribly excited to see jeremy davies

every time he showed up on lost he'd yell FUCK YOU UPHAM and cross his arms

DJ Eebs on
    edited February 2011
    well he's a villain this time around

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2011
    heeeere weeeee gooooo

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2011
    This was great

this new crime family is fucking crazy and awesome

and holy fucking shit that promo for Wilfred

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2011
    this was very good, yes

DJ Eebs on
  • MolotovCockatooMolotovCockatoo Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    yes, that was a good start to the season but all I took away was
    holy fucking shit that promo for Wilfred

MolotovCockatoo on
    Killjoy wrote: »
    No jeez Orik why do you assume the worst about people?

Because he moderates an internet forum

http://lexiconmegatherium.tumblr.com/
    edited February 2011
    The Wilfred promo didn't shock me because they have been Promoting it during Lights Out.

But this new crime family is pretty good. I feel like I know these people... I used to live in a town like this in High School... fucking red necks and hill billies with guns and the "constable" was the worst of them.

GRMike on
    edited February 2011
    I am wondering what sort of role Boyd is going to play this season. Is he actually trying to live clean or is he still playing the vigilante, righteous avenger type guy.

The Miami cartel was personal, so now that that is over, I don't know which way he will jump.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2011
    Raylan kept him from
    avenging his father.... and shot him again. So I'd imagine he will be back and not happy.

Edit: Maybe he didn't shoot him... but he got shot again. Raylan knocked him out.

GRMike on