As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bad Company 2: BC2 night every Thursday

• Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I've heard specifically four man squads, but honestly I can't remember the damned source and more than willing to admit that it's hearsay at this point.

Zxerol on
  • Options
    emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    And now I'm even closer to reinstalling Battlefield Vietnam...

emp123 on
  • Options
    JoeslopJoeslop Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    So some level 50 guy was killing a bunch of people.

At the very end of the map, he jumps down a cliff and kills someone near me. I turn around, see his knife out, and back away in a panic. He misses the knife, I jump forward and stab him, earning his gold dog tags at level 5.

Suck it down, level 50 guy.

Joeslop on
  • Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    According to the magazine scans, they have not settled on squad sizes yet. I have read no where that it will be limited to just 4. From the tone of the article, it sounded like they were going to have at least 6.

That_Guy on
  • Options
    TheExAmTheExAm Gerrymandered your districts Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    They had better be at least 6, otherwise how many 4-man squads are you going to be managing in the squad window? Christ.

TheExAm on
    6Jx6HOg.png
    Battlemans: DiscoCabbage | Elite: Dangerous: Aleksandr Khabaj
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    emp123 wrote: »
    Thanks assholes, now I'm reinstall BF2 which has apparently had 2 more expansions since I played.

Oh man, one has grappling hooks!!!

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    The expansions were rolled into patch 1.5, yeah?

Zxerol on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Figgy wrote: »
    Thanks assholes, now I'm reinstall BF2 which has apparently had 2 more expansions since I played.

Oh man, one has grappling hooks!!!

"2 more" likely mean Euro Force and Armored Fury.

And yes, all the packs are in 1.5

TheExAm on
    6Jx6HOg.png
  • Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    TheExAm wrote: »
    They had better be at least 6, otherwise how many 4-man squads are you going to be managing in the squad window? Christ.

Considering it sounds like Commander has been permanently axed, not such a problem.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I mean the squad management window, that everyone sees. Not that kind of management.

TheExAm on
    6Jx6HOg.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Ah, got it. My mistake.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Also, looks like console versions are getting 24 player battles. I hope they adjust the map bounds to compensate, for the sake of those poor sods. I'm betting BF3 is going to get a similar set of differently sized versions of maps, a la BF2.

TheExAm on
    6Jx6HOg.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I'm fine with that. The smaller map variants were perfectly acceptable in BF2 and it would probably work well if that's what they did.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    SonorkSonork CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Last time i tried to play BF2 it seemed to have aged badly in the graphics department. But I like BC2 more anyways so meh.

Sonork on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Yeah, BF2s graphics are not pretty, and it wasnt until the 1.5 patch (which includes both booster pack things) that the game even supported widescreen resolutions, that is to say 4 years after the games release.

Apparently its also really difficult to play for long periods of time, since Punkbuster kicks me after 1 minute for some bullshit "something bad is running in the background" thing which I fear is really a "Windows 7 is not XP" thing.

emp123 on
  • Options
    JerkbotJerkbot some kind of hypnotist Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Mechanical wrote: »
    Considering it sounds like Commander has been permanently axed, not such a problem.
    What?

Jerkbot on
    VyQGM.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Jerkbot wrote: »
    Mechanical wrote: »
    What?

They made it seem like if it comes back it won't be the same as it was in BF2 or I assume 2142 since I never played that one.

emp123 on
  • Options
    rRootagearRootagea MadisonRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Maybe all the squad leaders get a comm channel to themselves

rRootagea on
  • Options
    JerkbotJerkbot some kind of hypnotist Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Aah, i found the part in the GI article where it mentions commander. He never specifically says "it's out", but yeah, doesn't seem like it'll be returning in the same form at least.

Jerkbot on
    VyQGM.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Yeah, BF2s graphics are not pretty, and it wasnt until the 1.5 patch (which includes both booster pack things) that the game even supported widescreen resolutions, that is to say 4 years after the games release.

Apparently its also really difficult to play for long periods of time, since Punkbuster kicks me after 1 minute for some bullshit "something bad is running in the background" thing which I fear is really a "Windows 7 is not XP" thing.

I played it last month and didn't get any PB issues. I did get issues with jet whores, grenade spam and assholes ruining a perfectly good chopper duel with TVGMs, though. I don't think BF2's graphics have aged that badly, except maybe on the dimmer maps. The engine really doesn't look very good unless there's direct light on stuff.

TheExAm on
    6Jx6HOg.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011

I think that's more because of DICE's position that widescreen was tantamount to cheating. And then took forever to implement it and push out 1.5 when they change their minds because they're DICE.

Zxerol on
  • Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Thursdays are the day I usually go for some drinks with my friends. I wish to play BC2 but this impedes it.

Anti, let's go to the pub.

Satsumomo on
  • Options
    hailthefishhailthefish Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Psh, get a laptop. Take laptop to pub!

hailthefish on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I'm in class on Thursdays until 8PM PST. You guys going to still be playing around then?

TheExAm on
    6Jx6HOg.png
  • Options
    WarcryWarcry I'm getting my shit pushed in here! AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'm working 10-6 tomorrow guys. Sorry :c

Warcry on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Yeah, but in America time that's like... okay, I don't know I'm horrible at converting from metric to America.

emp123 on
  • Options
    WarcryWarcry I'm getting my shit pushed in here! AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Thursday night for you is Friday noon for me.

Warcry on
  • Options
    HyperAquaBlastHyperAquaBlast Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I am giving blood today cause I'm so nice. Then I will have a beer and play BC2.

HyperAquaBlast on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    So I've actually seen some servers that threaten to ban you for "pod surfing".

What is pod surfing in BC2 you ask?
    Walking behind a tank and repairing it.

I am not joking.

Satsumomo on
  • Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Satsumomo wrote: »

I am not joking.

Wow. I just assumed you were supposed to repair tanks. I guess that is exploiting game mechanics.

That_Guy on
  • Options
    SigtyrSigtyr Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Anything that's better than someone is cheating and/or exploiting. It's not like you can round about the tank to kill the engineers. Or Mortar the tank. Or obstruct the tank's view with smoke. Or UAV the tank/engineer repairing the tank. Or hit the tank and kill the engineers with the helicopter. Nope. That's impossible.

Oh wait, I was expecting the majority of the people who play this game to THINK before they act. My bad.

Also; I didn't realize until recently that a single C4 attached/or near to the back of a tank (Both light and heavy) can destroy it, even at 100%. This without the explosive perk. But, it's odd. Sometimes it will, sometimes it won't. Weird stuff.

Sigtyr on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Sigtyr wrote: »
    Anything that's better than someone is cheating and/or exploiting. It's not like you can round about the tank to kill the engineers. Or Mortar the tank. Or obstruct the tank's view with smoke. Or UAV the tank/engineer repairing the tank. Or hit the tank and kill the engineers with the helicopter. Nope. That's impossible.

Oh wait, I was expecting the majority of the people who play this game to THINK before they act. My bad.

Also; I didn't realize until recently that a single C4 attached/or near to the back of a tank (Both light and heavy) can destroy it, even at 100%. This without the explosive perk. But, it's odd. Sometimes it will, sometimes it won't. Weird stuff.

Depends on whether it's damaged.

Warcry on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    That_Guy wrote: »

I am not joking.

Wow. I just assumed you were supposed to repair tanks. I guess that is exploiting game mechanics.

I thought that was how you were supposed to do it. It's not like you can't just shoot the guy repairing in the back of the head or knife him and take his mines/AT weapons.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Fortunately, while playing on that server, I didn't see it enforced.

Satsumomo on
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2011

I am not joking.

Damn, if those people ran Xbox Live my account would have been banned until 9999. Who knew you were supposed to stand in FRONT of the tank to repair it?

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    rRootagearRootagea MadisonRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I never saw any exact figures, but tanks do have weak sections right? I know you can one-shot another tank with a tank shell if you hit the underside.

rRootagea on
  • Options
    SigtyrSigtyr Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    The entire back behind the turret. Including the sides behind it. I think striking the treads does alot of damage too.

Sigtyr on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    FyreWulff wrote: »

I am not joking.

Damn, if those people ran Xbox Live my account would have been banned until 9999. Who knew you were supposed to stand in FRONT of the tank to repair it?

By behind I meant that they're running along with it and repairing it as it goes. Just as silly!

God damn repaired tanks are so OP

Satsumomo on
  • Options
    ColumnColumn Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    rRootagea wrote: »
    I never saw any exact figures, but tanks do have weak sections right? I know you can one-shot another tank with a tank shell if you hit the underside.

vehicles.png

Vehicles are very uniform, each vehicle has many similar things to another of the same type.

All vehicles can generally be taken out with a single infantry rocket, but Tanks and APCs take extra damage from the side and rear.
    To minimize damage to those weak sides, armored vehicles can angle themselves against incoming attack to decrease damage.
    The steeper the angle, the lower the damage (to a minimum of the indicated "ANGLE" number).

There are other multipliers in relation to vehicle weapons that alter the damage they do to one another.
    A tank reads 1000 combined direct and blast damage, and while it will do that amount of damage to a HMMWV or a helicopter, the effect against other tanks is different.

There are several multipliers related to the impact and blast damage of the Tank Shell related specifically to the material of armored vehicles.
    Instead of listing those, this is the easiest explanation = Tank Cannon damage against another Tank is approximately 350 to the front.

From Den.

Column on
  • Options
    BingarossoBingarosso Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Who's ready for some THURSDAY NIGHT (FIRE)FIGHT!
    What:Penny Arcade Battlefield BC 2 Community Night
    Where:Penny Arcade BC2 Server, Penny Arcade Vent (See OP for Details
    When:Thursday Night, February 20, 9pm EST
    Shoot your friends! Shoot strangers! Shoot people with all sorts of accents (mostly Australian).

Do it! Do it Now! Kill Me!

Bingarosso on
    LDN-text-with-logo1.png
This discussion has been closed.