As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Cookie Brigade, PAX East 2011: OVER 9000! ($9600 - and counting - for Child's Play!)

• VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Whoa, those look absolutely epic Punzie!

Also, firesun, join the website! Check out the link in the OP so you can join forces with us!

Lastly, that's great news Karmacappa! Woot! You are a Loot Liaison of the highest order!

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Menolly07Menolly07 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    punzie wrote: »
    Tonight I made the first batch of the Oreo/chocolate chip cookies!
    5396687349_20e5452b80.jpg

I saw those when you tweeted them.... And I still hate you a little. <3

Menolly07 on
    Still PAXing strong. [E] for lyfe. ELand forever.
    twitter.com/Menolly07
  • hml151hml151 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So I just got the news my uncle is making me a Metroid cookie cutter from scratch and I hope to have it done for PAX East. If not those that will be at PAX Prime will have Metroid cookies from a girl dressed in a full Silicon Zero Suit, YAY!

hml151 on
    Max sig size: 500x80px OR 4 lines of text
    School Girl Goodness...Watch for us at future PAX Prime events. If want some of my geek chic collection, click on the etsy link.

http://s774.photobucket.com/user/SchoolGirlGoodness/library/
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/VeronatheMad

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aerynkellyaerynkelly nothing to see here, move along Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    hml151 wrote: »
    I'm not sure I'll be making any cookies yet, but what I can do is offer those of you who are not near Boston a place to ship your cookies...if that's something the Brigade needs help with. I live 45min south of Boston, and will be driving to PAX East. If you ship your cookies to me, I'll load them up and bring them to PAX.

This is not some intricate plan to get free cookies. I can provide references from other forumers, if need be.
    Yes I need a place to ship cookies. I live in Washington State and it is not feasible to go to PAX East but I do attend PAX Prime. I will be shipping cookies over for PAX East and that would be a great help to me.
    Thanks

I'm also available as a place to ship cookies.

aerynkelly on
    fss_overall.png
    edited January 2011
    I appreciate that, thank you.

hml151 on
    School Girl Goodness...Watch for us at future PAX Prime events. If want some of my geek chic collection, click on the etsy link.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2011
    I am so filled with lazy. I'll be re-dedicating myself tomorrow. Time for a new Cookiepocalypse. I'm still have trouble with a decent gluten free cookie recipe. I made one that was ground nut based. It was... Blah? And the chocolate chip cookies I tried were hard and cardboardesque. Pumpkin "brownies" on the vegan front weren't bad.

Menolly07 on
    twitter.com/Menolly07
  • DynomiteyDynomitey Registered User new member
    edited January 2011
    I am hoping that I will be able to help bake. Just wondering how you feel about brownies. At first I was thinking I could make my famous chocolate chip M&M cookies, but then I remember that my chocolate chip M&M brownies sell way faster at bake sales. They wrap up individually just fine.

Thanks for the info.

Dynomitey on
    edited January 2011
    Attention all new members that recently applied to join the Brigade:

If you received a Private Message from me, please answer it!

If you don't answer within two weeks, your application will be denied and you'll have to attempt to sign up again (so that we don't get confused by the random applicant who never replied to us and is still sitting in our pending queue!)

Thanks for your understanding!

VThornheart on
  • punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Dynomitey wrote: »
    I am hoping that I will be able to help bake. Just wondering how you feel about brownies. At first I was thinking I could make my famous chocolate chip M&M cookies, but then I remember that my chocolate chip M&M brownies sell way faster at bake sales. They wrap up individually just fine.

Chocolate chips AND M&M's? In the same brownie? Mmmmmm....

Brownies are great! I would just suggest trying to wrap them as airtight as possible since I think brownies harden a little faster than cookies. Or maybe it's just that I find hardened brownies less acceptable than hardened cookies (I always take the center brownies because I don't like the edges :P).

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
  • TheTerribleManTheTerribleMan Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    VT - I didn't get a PM. Also, can we just start new topics in the group?

EDIT: Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place. Do we get a PM in the Google Group, or on Cookie-Brigade.com?

TheTerribleMan on
    edited January 2011
    CB TCs are off for printing!

Menolly07 on
    twitter.com/Menolly07
    edited February 2011
    TheTerribleMan, I PM'd you, send me a message when you can!

Also, awesome Menolly!

VThornheart on
  • KrisstaKrissta New HampshireRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Menolly07 wrote: »
    CB TCs are off for printing!

Woo hoo! :)

Krissta on
    Ln5yLL7.png
  • Amy.LukimaAmy.Lukima Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Last year I ended up giving out my cookies to "sick" people during the bar crawl and made some good monies for childsplay. If it's okay I'd like to the same this year. Is it possible to pick up my button on Thursday?

Amy.Lukima on
    <a href="http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=35369">I'm participating in Extra Life. Please consider donating to help kids in need. </a>
    edited February 2011
    Hi Amy!

Aye, we can arrange for pickup: I'll bring some of our identifying materials with me on the crawl. I'm going to be one of the volunteer helpers for Bulbasaur Team A, so find me there if you can and I can hook you up with it! Also, message me on the Cookie Brigade site (have you signed up yet?) and I can give you my contact info in case you need to give me a call!

VThornheart on
  • fullofgracefullofgrace Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Application sent! I am definitely up for baking. I hate to cook, but baking nomnoms? I'm there. :)

This weekend I tried a new recipe and made some yummy Kahlua Creme cupcakes -
    5417215148_7be98be896.jpg

5419141426_5c5b7518bd.jpg

If they didn't need to stay refrigerated I'd bring them along!

fullofgrace on
    I'm jessageek on Twitter and Tumblr
    PAX East Pics: 2010-2015 & Vids: 2012-2015
  • aneksianeksi Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I wasn't able to join-in last year but I have a GREAT idea for some cookies this year and I am really looking forward to it!! :rotate:

aneksi on
  • bustin98bustin98 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Signed up for baking and distributing. Well, Mrs. bustin98 will be doing the baking...

bustin98 on
    Xbox Live, PSN, Twitter: bustin98
  • Knuckles056Knuckles056 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I signed myself up for baking, as well.

Knuckles056 on
    edited February 2011
    Mrs. bustin98. Ok.... That made me giggle. <3

Menolly07 on
    twitter.com/Menolly07
  • emf715emf715 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Are you still looking for baking/distributing volunteers or is it too late?

I'm thinking about getting my 5th graders involved in the baking and bringing the cookies up with me; the more cookies, the better, no?

emf715 on
    edited February 2011
    Yes!

hml151 on

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2011
    Yes! x2

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
  • emf715emf715 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Great!
    I registered on the website, just waiting approval.

emf715 on
  • browncoatbethbrowncoatbeth Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    omg there is so much tasty on this thread since my last post. punzie those cookies look ZOMG and fullofgrace you did an awesome job decorating those cupcakes.

finally signed up over on the new site (which is great, btw) so it's official - katamari cakeballs will be reappearing at my second pax east! :):)

browncoatbeth on

"The bass, the rock, the mic, the treble, I like my coffee black just like my metal." - MSI
  • bustin98bustin98 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    :( Still awaiting approval.

bustin98 on
    Xbox Live, PSN, Twitter: bustin98
  • KrisstaKrissta New HampshireRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Is anyone else getting stupidly giddy? :) My husband is getting really sick of me talking about cookies! lol

I found this tote bag yesterday. I'm all over it! I can't help myself! And, with a few safety pins, I can attach the Cookie Brigade flag right under the cuteness!

415217450v3_480x480_Front.jpg

http://www.cafepress.com/+tote_bag,415217450

Krissta on
    Ln5yLL7.png
  • _stephaniesays__stephaniesays_ Registered User new member
    edited February 2011
    I've just been browsing the forums every once in a while (when PAX is coming up, generally!), but finally signed up here because I needed to in order to be a part of the cookie brigade!

Just posting to confirm that I am not a weirdo and that I'd love to help as much as I can.
    I'm coming down from Canada with 5 others and I can for sure get 3 of us in on the baking.

_stephaniesays_ on
    edited February 2011
    My husband isn't getting sick of me talking about cookies... He's just getting sick of not getting any of them. ^.^

Menolly07 on
    twitter.com/Menolly07
    edited February 2011
    Hi guys! Aye, I'll be approving peoples and/or sending out messages as soon as I get home: it's been a hectic week! =) Thank you all so much for your interest in the Brigade!

VThornheart on
  • CzechCzech Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Is it kosher to distribute cookies from a panel? I'd love to help push your baked goods to the audience in mine, but I'm not sure if that's what you guys are looking for.

Czech on
    edited February 2011
    Okay, everyone that signed up and didn't get an approval message yet: you should have a message in your PA Forum inbox! Please answer it! If you don't, we may have recognized you as legitimate: in that situation, please check your E-Mail for your confirmation message!

Thanks guys for your patience, I only really get a chance to sit down and look through everything once the weekend begins these days. =)

Also Czech, if you could do that without potentially bearing the wrath of the nameless Gods of Catering, I'd have no problem with it (and in fact it would be an awesome way to spread the word and the cookies!)! =)

I don't think they've (the catering company that may potentially have issues with our charitable bake sale, and which is the cause of all of our secrecy) ever made an incursion inside of an actual panel, so I would imagine its safe in there. But that's just a guess... and admittedly potentially a dangerous one. But occasionally a brave Brigadier has gone to a panel and talked to the panel hosts about the Brigade in front of the crowd (Jazzy on a few occasions ;) ) and those people haven't been busted yet, so my guess is it's safe.

Just remember, if you get busted it was a practical joke and the Cookie Brigade doesn't actually exist! :nudge: :nudge: ;);)

VThornheart on
  • Lady LilybellLady Lilybell Geeky Crafter & Baker South Shore, MARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Just remember, if you get busted it was a practical joke and the Cookie Brigade doesn't actually exist! :nudge: :nudge: ;);)

I'll claim I was possessed by my Timmy monkey. When you have your own company and a monkey you must have some psychic powers.

I am very excited for PAX and The Cookie Brigade and looking forward to tons of fun.

Lady Lilybell on
    5FzIdZ6.png
    I ♥ making awesome crafts! I ♥ my Cookie Brigaders!
    edited February 2011
    Edited the second post to include tips for shipping cookies.

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
  • CzechCzech Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I don't think they've (the catering company that may potentially have issues with our charitable bake sale, and which is the cause of all of our secrecy) ever made an incursion inside of an actual panel, so I would imagine its safe in there.
    Yeah, in our past panels we've never seen anyone... unless they were undercover. >_> <_<
    What Cookie Brigade? 8-)

I'm totally on board. I just signed up on the website. Should be fun.

Czech on
    edited February 2011
    Cookie... Brigade..? huh? o_O

I totally don't understand what this has to do with long distance pigeon racing. Could we please get this thread back on topic!!?? :evil:

As I was trying to say, this is a really great video about . They do racing AND stud pigeons. Very cool.

This second video is about the Jacobin breed. Granted, they're not as useful as racers. They're more of a visual breed.

Menolly07 on
    twitter.com/Menolly07
    edited February 2011
    Sweet! Yay! =) Glad to have you aboard! :wink::wink:

VThornheart on
    edited February 2011
    Updated the 2nd post with info on what sorts of goodies we may be baking and distributing (not to be taken as a complete or final list). I've only included what people have mentioned in the What Are You Baking thread on the Cookie Brigade site, so if you want your name and baked goods listed, you'll have to post there!

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
  • FenlainFenlain Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Not to be that guy, but how can you guys be sure that someone's not going to send unsafe cookies? Lot of anonymous people on the internet sending in hand baked cookies, even if you have the utmost faith in the goodness of humanity, it still doesn't seem completely unlikely for someone to send in something tainted (even unintentional).

Fenlain on
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2011
    Fenlain wrote: »
    Not to be that guy, but how can you guys be sure that someone's not going to send unsafe cookies? Lot of anonymous people on the internet sending in hand baked cookies, even if you have the utmost faith in the goodness of humanity, it still doesn't seem completely unlikely for someone to send in something tainted (even unintentional).

I've always assumed that they've hired the services of "cookie testers" that have one of each cookie to be given out to test for poison ... you know... people that wouldn't be missed .... *whistles innocently* ....

In seriousness though, they've been doing this for awhile now and I'm fairly certain the product has been good. You can never be 100% sure with *any* food that it will be 100% safe for 100% of people. This is for charity, so it's pretty unlikely that someone's going to be a dick and put in tainted cookies to fuck everyone else over on purpose. If it happens by accident, it's not exactly a transaction with a business that someone could come sue because they got a cookie that made them sick. It's free cookies, at your own risk, with optional donation to child's play. Pretty simple overall.

zerzhul on