As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FRINGE] Reality be fragmenting at the seams

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    You're grasping a little bit. Nobody says "He still has feelings for her - feelings of betrayal!" Feelings, here, obviously means romantic feelings.

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Bring back Nina/Broyles shipping!

Panda4You on
  • Options
    Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Panda4You wrote: »

That, and the weird FBI agent who briefly replaced Olivia in the S2 premiere, are my two big "whatever happened to..." questions I want answered.

Mike Danger on
    Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    Eh. Maybe. But then what happens when he doesn't want either side to be destroyed? If he isn't directly controlling it then it has to be going off of his feelings. I suppose he could choose which side just based on Us or Them. But why would he choose Them at this point? Just for Fauxlivia? He can't have THAT many feelings left for her...

Edit for new thoughts: Though, if Olivia starts acting weird over the stupid note and he has no clue what her deal is I suppose that could tip him over the edge. Well, if I had to make up some reason for it that would anyway... And come to think of it, the guy was a mind reader. So he gleaned the whole 2-worlds-2-Olivia's thing from Peter, came to the conclusion Peter still had feelings for Fauxlivia because Peter was thinking that apparently, and then didn't say a word about anything but the feelings bit at the last minute....ooook.

I have a feeling "I dont want either destroyed" isnt an option. That side is degrading pretty rapidly, and I have a feeling they'll either both die a slow death (like nina smashing the 2 snowglobes together, and sam rolled the two bowling balls together).

Peter HAS to choose, and Im betting Walternate is using Fauxlivia as what he's basing his choice on.

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    TasteticleTasteticle Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    so it turns out the power source is love

Tasteticle on

Uh-oh I accidentally deleted my signature. Uh-oh!!
  • Options
    TasteticleTasteticle Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    also the moment I saw that guy start to break apart at the start of the episode all I could say was "OH MY GOD HE HAS BONEITIS!"

Tasteticle on

Uh-oh I accidentally deleted my signature. Uh-oh!!
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Power source could be blood. Peter's blood. They need to explore these things.

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Panda4You wrote: »

That, and the weird FBI agent who briefly replaced Olivia in the S2 premiere, are my two big "whatever happened to..." questions I want answered.

You don't even know how happy I was that she never showed up again.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Not like it has to have an interesting answer, either. She got transfered. She got killed. She quit. They could spin it into she was from the other side, but it's probably safe to say that she's joined The Pattern in the void.

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Wait, wasnt the pattern explained? Isnt it somehow points of high energy where you can cross over to the other side making events occur around them? I remember some map where they tracked the pattern events to know where they could cross over in that episode where that dude tried crossing and Walt shut the gate down, cutting him in half.

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I had entirely forgotten about that pattern stuff. It never really made much sense, so it's for the best that they shoved it under the bed.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    The DagonThe Dagon Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Who else is going to be happy to see Charlie again? Or is this one called Scarlie?

Reminisce: Charlie has crazy worms and has to tell his wife he loves her without telling her he's going to die, minutes before he is scheduled to die.

The Dagon on
    Steam ID : TheDagon
    PSN : TheDagon
    Pretty much every game ever : TheDagon
  • Options
    Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    My understanding of it was that it was a combination of the Other Side testing weapons on us (ie the ambered bus in The Ghost Network) and universe degradation radiating outwards from Reiden Lake.

But yeah, they never seemed to be able to make up their minds whether it was the direct result of "someone using the world as their lab" or the universes colliding.

Mike Danger on
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Safe to say they changed direction a bit after season 1 and were fine tuning into the middle of season 2.

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    UnderdogUnderdog Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    The Dagon wrote: »
    Who else is going to be happy to see Charlie again? Or is this one called Scarlie?

Reminisce: Charlie has crazy worms and has to tell his wife he loves her without telling her he's going to die, minutes before he is scheduled to die.

That was a good scene. She tells him a corny little joke she heard from a co-worker (I think) and he does his best to laugh even though she knows he's pretending. It's a really close moment and it was one of the moments I really liked with him. Also, it's pretty funny when in another episode, he tells Olivia he loves her or something as a way of getting her to laugh.

Edit: Correction. Olivia was talking about how John used her and how he said that he loved her. And then, with a deadpan expression, Charlie says "I wasn't going to tell you this... but he said he loved me too."

Underdog on
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited February 2011
    Tasteticle wrote: »
    so it turns out the power source is love

It's a curious thing.

Makes one man weep, makes another man sing.

Change a universe into a spray of flaming detritus.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    DID HE SAY ARNIM ZOLA?

DR. ARNIM ZOLA?

arnimzola.gif

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    South hostSouth host I obey without question Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    The entomologist girl is really cute. Just sayin'.

South host on
    Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    South host wrote: »
    The entomologist girl is really cute. Just sayin'.

Mike Danger on
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    CaptainPeacockCaptainPeacock Board Game Hoarder Top o' the LakeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Back to the machine for a moment. It's been said, on at least one occasion that I know of, that the machine has both the power to create AND the power to destroy. I'm guessing we get something along the lines of Peter either healing the altverse or creating some other super spiffy solution.

CaptainPeacock on
    Cluck cluck, gibber gibber, my old man's a mushroom, etc.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Oh great, now we have something else for Fauxlivia to tote as being 'superior'. Interesting development, otherwise. I wonder if it'll be a plain old "We have your kid, mwhaha!" play or if they're going to do something even more eeeeevvvvil despite Walternate's apparent lines he won't cross. After all, that line was death, not doing anything at all. I don't think Walter ever planned on the kids dying, either.

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    WishpigWishpig Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I would not be upset if "our" Olivia died and was replaced by Fauxlivia. In fact I would be happy. I like Fauxlivia so much more.

But I have a feeling Fauxlivia is gonna die heroically and entrust "our" Olivia with her kid.

Wishpig on
    WARNING: Picture below may cause spontaneous growth of facial hair and/or body hair.
    622545-8-1261525714230.jpg

Image by Sharpwriter on deviantart.com
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    This was a necessary episode I feel... but it was relatively boring.

Wassermelone on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Wishpig wrote: »
    I would not be upset if "our" Olivia died and was replaced by Fauxlivia. In fact I would be happy. I like Fauxlivia so much more.

But I have a feeling Fauxlivia is gonna die heroically and entrust "our" Olivia with her kid.

What do you like so much more in Fauxolivia? Objectively she's a worse person than ours. Her superficial traits are about all she has going. Until she finds out about Broyles/finally snaps out of it otherwise.

Also: Why the heck did only 2 people show up to the guys warehouse? The kind of shit they deal with they should have a small army descend on everything.

Also bad news: A 1.4. Le sigh.

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    WishpigWishpig Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Xeddicus wrote: »

What do you like so much more in Fauxolivia? Objectively she's a worse person than ours. Her superficial traits are about all she has going. Until she finds out about Broyles/finally snaps out of it otherwise.

I don't think she's any better or worse than our Olivia, she's just in a much worse situation. Her world is just fucking ripping apart at the seams left and right. She lives in a world where you NEED to freeze hundreds of people in carbon or risk Armageddon.

I wouldn't say she's a "worse" person at all. Nor do I think the positive traits she has are superficial.

At the end of our day she's our Olivia, but slightly nicer and outgoing, and without cheesy superpowers. She's a bit brainwashed, but she'll snap out of it. Plus the red hair is hot.

Wishpig on
    WARNING: Picture below may cause spontaneous growth of facial hair and/or body hair.
    622545-8-1261525714230.jpg

Image by Sharpwriter on deviantart.com
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Meh, outgoing is pretty superficial to me. Nicer is debatable, she shoots deaf people and cheats on her boyfriend! And superpowers are cool! We need an entire season with both of them around to decide this. That would potentially bring Charlie back too. I'm brilliant.

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I think they're both cool in their own ways, though I like our Olivia more. At least until recently, Olivia has been a cool cat; calm, collected, intelligent. Her stoic demeanor makes her moments of anger, when they happen, stand out all the more. The actress does this really well - when Olivia snaps, it's very real and intense, like some good old Wrath is about to be brought down.

Fauxlivia is alright, but there wasn't much there until recently. Her actions were justified in the show as being a part of the demands of her tattered reality, but we didn't get to see much of what makes Fauxlivia Fauxlivia until later. Who is she as a person, beyond the medals and trophies and Fringe Division? Is he like Olivia only slightly different? Or are there fundamental divergences that can't be bridged? We only just started getting more pieces of her puzzle.

Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    OpiumOpium regular
    edited February 2011
    Plus the red hair is hot.

Oh come on that wig is abysmal

Opium on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    It takes a week or so to shoot an episode, doesn't it? Isn't there temporary hair dye?

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    KneelKneel Ten thick coats Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Started watching this ep with my wife while we ate dinner. Then the bugs, while she had a mouthful of pizza...

Boy, that got turned off quick :)

Guess we'll try again later on AFTER the meal.

Kneel on
    Want to see more of Kneel's slapdash slatherings?
    Visit him at Monstrous Pigments' Instagram and Facebook pages!
    3EnCIQg.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    So we can blame your wife for the low ratings? Was she eating Friday too? Damnit man! It's just bugs! There's probably a few pieces of them in the food right now!

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    KneelKneel Ten thick coats Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I hope for my sake that she's not lurking on this thread right now...

Kneel on
    Want to see more of Kneel's slapdash slatherings?
    Visit him at Monstrous Pigments' Instagram and Facebook pages!
    3EnCIQg.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Well, if she is, then you can go back to watching! Win-win!

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    UnderdogUnderdog Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Kneel wrote: »
    Started watching this ep with my wife while we ate dinner. Then the bugs, while she had a mouthful of pizza...

Boy, that got turned off quick :)

Guess we'll try again later on AFTER the meal.

I always make the mistake of sitting down to an episode with food. Ick.

Underdog on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    So it looks like they are finally going to make the other universe slightly ambiguous rather than just "the badguys". That's a relief.

Good episode. Fauxlivia is so much better than Mopey Bitch Olivia.

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    All these people who like Fuauxlivia so much better are going to be so pissed when she bites it. I bet the writers didn't see that coming.

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I doubt they kill one off given that Pacey has to choose one. If it's down to "annoying sulky cow" and "dead", then I'm sure he'll manage to climb that fence.

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    So she'll just die after the choice. Or during it. I suppose they could just have everyone Over There existing in peace, but that would be boring. People are going to switch sides and die!

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Have we ever had an explanation for Altstrid's superintelligence?

Mike Danger on
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Autism?

Panda4You on