As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Pre-PAX Bar Crawl] (Closed) Pokecrawl Episode 2: Mewtwo Strikes Back!

• Options
    Goodfella2487Goodfella2487 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Since the West Coast tri-wizard crawl was so damned awesome, I'm gunna have to join this one as well.

Gotta go Team Bulbasaur +1 Squad A

You sad Patriot fans will see me in a Green Mark Sanchez Jets jersey =)

Goodfella2487 on
  • Options
    RdrRdr Rider Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

Not a good idea to do that in Boston.

Rdr on
  • Options
    Goodfella2487Goodfella2487 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Rdr wrote: »

Not a good idea to do that in Boston.

I was a Jets/Mets fan at Boston University for 4 years, I've done it before ;-)

EDIT: The more I think about it, Boston fans probably have more of a beef with Giants fans for ruining the perfect season. Upon further consideration, though, I'll probably just wear a kelly green polo instead.

Goodfella2487 on
  • Options
    SingolloSingollo Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Singollo wrote: »
    :) hmm might be hard to see.

Side note i will be sporting my gunners not quite the same though

Man when you're wearing shades that cool, you don't need to see. People get out of your way.

Good point but I have prescription lenses and no contacts :)

Singollo on
  • Options
    MimiHamburgerMimiHamburger Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
  • Options
    ProeliatorProeliator Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I choose you, !Bulbasaur! Team B, please!

Proeliator on
  • Options
    rentfnrentfn Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Hey Squirtle team aka Team Blue,
    Last year I designed a T-shirt for our team. Here is what they looked like.
    img0246cm.jpg

A friend is working on a new design for this year. I was wondering if anyone else would like for me to make a shirt for them, if they don't want to go full costume but still support our team. I ask for a five dollar donation for the shirt and then i give that money to our team leader to help us win the donation contest. Please PM me if you would like a shirt. Please include the size of the shirt you want. We should have the image done this week and I'll make another post that includes that image.

GO TEAM SQUIRTLE

rentfn on
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2011
    rentfn wrote: »
    img0246cm.jpg

A friend is working on a new design for this year. I was wondering if anyone else would like for me to make a shirt for them, if they don't want to go full costume but still support our team. I ask for a five dollar donation for the shirt and then i give that money to our team leader to help us win the donation contest. Please PM me if you would like a shirt. Please include the size of the shirt you want. We should have the image done this week and I'll make another post that includes that image.

GO TEAM SQUIRTLE

The donation idea is fantastic, but I was under the impression that "fundraising" that was pre-planned is not eligible to be included in one's total for the donation contest.

zerzhul on
  • Options
    SpiderSimianSpiderSimian Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Hi - I need to add another +1 to Yello group B pls!

SpiderSimian on
  • Options
    KhadourKhadour Dinosaur Cupcake Hillsboro, ORRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    img0246cm.jpg

GO TEAM SQUIRTLE

I bought one from you last year, and will do so again this year. Thanks for doing this! I actually need 2 this year - 1 3XLT, and 1 XL.

Khadour on
    Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

• Options
    DeadjonDeadjon Registered User new member
    edited February 2011
    I crawled with team blue last year (tho, we pretty much just ended up at the King's Karaoke Lounge all night.)

Lots of fun!

I'd do an XL shirt, tyvm.

Also, if we're going to be in Fanieul Market for the pub crawl, a good friend of mine is GM down at Ned Divine's. Not sure if we need more places to go or be, but I got several "local" ins around that area.

Deadjon on
  • Options
    BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    zerzhul wrote: »
    img0246cm.jpg

GO TEAM SQUIRTLE

The donation idea is fantastic, but I was under the impression that "fundraising" that was pre-planned is not eligible to be included in one's total for the donation contest.

This is correct. you can't take "orders" for a shirt beforehand and have that money count towards the total.

You COULD however make some shirts at your own expense, bring them to the crawl, and sell or auction them off there for your team :)

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Well I don't want to break any rules. I will be making shirts. If you want one PM me the size you want, I'll consider making a shirt in that size. I'll hand them out at the first bar we go to like last time. No more talk of money. Sorry I didn't know about the Fundraiser, this didn't come up last year. PM me the size you might want made and I will look into those sizes. It is easier to keep track of them but I will be checking the thread.

Is that ok??

rentfn on
  • Options
    arsonisfunarsonisfun Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Deadjon wrote: »
    I crawled with team blue last year (tho, we pretty much just ended up at the King's Karaoke Lounge all night.)

Lots of fun!

Also, if we're going to be in Fanieul Market for the pub crawl, a good friend of mine is GM down at Ned Divine's. Not sure if we need more places to go or be, but I got several "local" ins around that area.

Hello sir/madam

Please shoot me a PM with contact info, Ned's was on my rough list but I wasn't sure if they'd make the cut due to some various concerns - mostly if they had a cover on thursdays and if they could facilitate our group.

On another note - most of the routes should be finalized this weekend, hitting the bars Thursday for further "research" ...

arsonisfun on
    I am IRCs resident nerdbro and member of the PokeCrawl planning committee.

Red B/Gold Professor

[15:53] <+juju-work> ArsonIsFun is one of the best people I know.
  • Options
    PepsiOtakuPepsiOtaku Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Is that ok??

No, it's not okay!!

I'm actually the shirt designer. Would anyone be opposed to seeing a mudkip in the shirt this year alongside squirtle? (2 pokemon for pokecrawl 2)

PepsiOtaku on
  • Options
    VisionOfClarityVisionOfClarity Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    arsonisfun wrote: »

Lots of fun!

Hello sir/madam

Please shoot me a PM with contact info, Ned's was on my rough list but I wasn't sure if they'd make the cut due to some various concerns - mostly if they had a cover on thursdays and if they could facilitate our group.

On another note - most of the routes should be finalized this weekend, hitting the bars Thursday for further "research" ...

I thought Ned Devine's had a dress code as well.

VisionOfClarity on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Well I don't want to break any rules. I will be making shirts. If you want one PM me the size you want, I'll consider making a shirt in that size. I'll hand them out at the first bar we go to like last time. No more talk of money. Sorry I didn't know about the Fundraiser, this didn't come up last year. PM me the size you might want made and I will look into those sizes. It is easier to keep track of them but I will be checking the thread.

Is that ok??

yeah, nobody's trying to piss in your cheerios :) it's still a great idea. The actual "rule" simply came up this year because there have been a few suggestions about pre-crawl fundraising for one's team's bucket of childs play cash. It was decided that all funds for the bucket are crawl only just to make it as simple as possible and keep the playing field level. In the end, all monies can be donated to the charity :) but as far as the bucket competition goes it has to stay fair.

zerzhul on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Those other teams can do what they want but Team Yellow will win this thing again.

Rdr on
  • Options
    LoonyEclipseLoonyEclipse WWHRD? Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Can I add an additional +1 to my name in Yellow A, it seems another friend decided to come along with us.

LoonyEclipse on
    My pin lanyard
    PSN: L00nyEclip
    Steam: Loony Eclipse
    Twitter: @Loonyeclipse

8hQBw4O.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    arsonisfun wrote: »

Lots of fun!

Hello sir/madam

I thought Ned Devine's had a dress code as well.

It does, part of what I mean by "if it can facilitate our group"

It's a real shame that many of the bars try to be clubs later in the evening ... :\ This is part of why the list isn't final yet.

arsonisfun on

Red B/Gold Professor

• Options
    Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Rosters have been updated!

I've seen the mockup for our scorecard this year. I think you guys are really going to like it. Button designs should follow shortly.

Bar routes are being worked on.

In regards to "prefundraising" vs "preplanned fundraising" what rentfn is doing is fine and he has already run it by me. Making items to sell or auction off during the crawl is encouraged and not frowned upon. If not it wasn't allowed we wouldn't have fantastic items such as wizardroll mousepads. :lol:

Atlus Parker on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Rosters have been updated!

I've seen the mockup for our scorecard this year. I think you guys are really going to like it. Button designs should follow shortly.

Bar routes are being worked on.

In regards to "prefundraising" vs "preplanned fundraising" what rentfn is doing is fine and he has already run it by me. Making items to sell or auction off during the crawl is encouraged and not frowned upon. If not it wasn't allowed we wouldn't have fantastic items such as wizardroll mousepads. :lol:

Rodger that o captain my captain. I think I was confused due to taking "pre-orders" but for things like shirts it would be hard to do otherwise.

zerzhul on
  • Options
    sykomonkeysykomonkey Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Sweetums chooses Pikcachu, but allas will only be there in spirit.

sykomonkey on
  • Options
    territoiresterritoires Upstate NYRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    !Charmander Group A, je te choisis!

territoires on
    I write about games on a few websites.
    Gaming blog
    @lamournumerique
  • Options
    ParmaynuParmaynu Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I choose you, !Charmander !

Team A please :)

Parmaynu on
    PAX East 2011 Pokecrawl Team Red Group A
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kfdavilakfdavila MARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'd like to run with Team Yellow (B) again. !Pikachu I choose you!

kfdavila on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    kfdavila wrote: »
    I'd like to run with Team Yellow (A) again. Pikachu I choose you!

Aww shiett!

Rdr on
  • Options
    browncoatbethbrowncoatbeth Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I choose you, !Charmander group A.

I really wanted to do this last year but the friends I came to PAX with are not big drinkers. This year, I'm not going to let that stop me from drunken Poke fun - even if I have to go alone. Looking forward to meeting fellow nerds; y'all seem like fun folk!!

browncoatbeth on

"The bass, the rock, the mic, the treble, I like my coffee black just like my metal." - MSI
  • Options
    GewurztraminGewurztramin Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I choose you, !Bulbasaur, Team A, +1

Gewurztramin on
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I haven't committed to this just yet. Waiting on a friend to get back to me about wanting to do this. A couple of things.

1. Are there a lot of you doing the Pre-PAX dinner and then going straight to the crawl?

2. How close are the bars to the dinner?

3. Does anyone actually bring their DS and battle at this? Just wondering. I probably won't bring mine because I don't want my Pokemon to a hangover for the Pokemon League.

I really want to do this, but also don't want a huge hangover. Oh well. Who cares. I plan on not sleeping too much that weekend. Heh.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    redfield85 wrote: »
    I haven't committed to this just yet. Waiting on a friend to get back to me about wanting to do this. A couple of things.

1. Are there a lot of you doing the Pre-PAX dinner and then going straight to the crawl?

2. How close are the bars to the dinner?

3. Does anyone actually bring their DS and battle at this? Just wondering. I probably won't bring mine because I don't want my Pokemon to a hangover for the Pokemon League.

I really want to do this, but also don't want a huge hangover. Oh well. Who cares. I plan on not sleeping too much that weekend. Heh.

1 + 2.) A good number. Dick's is like a 2-3 min walk from starting bars I hear. This has been done on purpose so people can go to the dinner and not rush out early trying to make it to the crawl.

3.) I don't recall seeing any last year but doesn't mean people didn't. Anything can happen at the crawl.

You can still go to the crawl and have a good time and not get a hangover in the morning. Remember to drink water and go to the crawl with something in the belly.

Rdr on
  • Options
    BaconSandwichBaconSandwich Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Suggestion for Team Squirtle: Squirtle Squad glasses:

Squirtle_Squad.png

Update: Glasses are ordered, and they will be on sale at the Pub Crawl for $5 apiece, all moneys collected go to Childs Play. They will look like this:

john-lennon-sunglasses.jpg

BaconSandwich on
    PAX East 2010/2011/2012 Omeganaut!
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Hey Team Blue. I've got the finished image for the shirts.
    Pokecrawl2-Blue_web.jpg

Let PepsiOtaku know what you think, he designed it.

Like I said if you want a shirt please PM me by March 3rd because I would like to start making them that weekend. It's an easy way to dress up without a costume!

rentfn on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Pokecrawl2-Blue_web.jpg

Like I said if you want a shirt please PM me by March 3rd because I would like to start making them that weekend. It's an easy way to dress up without a costume!

That's pretty fantastic and something that all teams should aspire to

arsonisfun on

Red B/Gold Professor

• Options
    KhadourKhadour Dinosaur Cupcake Hillsboro, ORRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Pokecrawl2-Blue_web.jpg

Well done, gentlemen! Can't wait to pick one up at the crawl . . . you should already have a PM from me with sizes.

Khadour on
    Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

• Options
    KiashienKiashien Medford, MARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    !Pikachu Group A + 1

(Or wherever really, the two of us don't really care which group we're in ;))

Kiashien on
    The pirate hat riding bobcat compels you...

Relevant info: #PAX East: 3 Coin Lunch organizer. 2012 Trading card available. Pokecrawl Assistant 2012. Pokecrawl attendee 2011. Cult of the Leaf attendee 2012.
  • Options
    TuftTuft Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I choose you, !Squirtle - Group A +1

Fresh PAX Meat - bring it.

Tuft on
  • Options
    schattyschatty Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I choose you Bulbasaur Group B, + 2 others will be with me.

schatty on
  • Options
    RidleyDragonRidleyDragon Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    RidleyDragon, who is already in Bulbasaur Group A with a +3, has caught a new pokemon, and will now be RidleyDragon +4, if possible.

RidleyDragon on
    PW0oFIs.png
  • Options
    mcslantymcslanty Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    returning for round 2 for !Bulbasaur ... My buddy will also be joining in with me again this year. I'm sure he will post soon.

mcslanty on