As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

KyozoKicks custom Video Game Shoes.

KyozoKicksKyozoKicks Registered User new member
edited February 2011 in Artist's Corner
Hey Guys,

Someone let me know about this forum as I am currently running an auction to raise money for Penny Arcades 'Child's Play' Charity with some of my work, so hello!

My most recent pair has been based off of Little Big Planet (If you would like to bid the auction can be found here, 100% going to Child's Play http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170600672645&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT#ht_719wt_1141)

thelittlebigplanetvans3.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Other games I have covered in the past have been Zelda, Phoenix Wright, Grim Fandango, Oddworld Abes Odyssey, Patapon etc.
In the next couple of months I hope to release shoes based off of Sonic, Zelda, Portal, Final Fantasy and more.

if anyone has any questions about my work or the process let me know!

KyozoKicks on

• Options
    melting_dollmelting_doll Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Usually there are rules against creating a new thread unless you are looking for artistic critique. Do you wish to improve, or do you have any goals for us? Post more work for feedback, or it's likely this thread may be locked for sitewhoring. (:

melting_doll on
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I would think that, since this is going to Child's Play there might be some leeway... but maybe this isn't quite the right forum for it?

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Usually there are rules against creating a new thread unless you are looking for artistic critique. Do you wish to improve, or do you have any goals for us? Post more work for feedback, or it's likely this thread may be locked for sitewhoring. (:

Hey Melting Doll, I thought bringing peoples attention to the charity auction to benefit Penny Arcades Childs Play would be a good way to introduce myself to the community and board. As I put my work on the internet for everyone to see I expect and welcome critique. 90% of the stuff I do is a collaborative effort so I enjoy discussion and feel there is always room for improvement.

To not take attention away from the charity auction itself (for the remaining 13 hours anyway) I'll refrain from posting any other work for now. But by all means I would be happy to hear your thoughts on my LBP pair in the meantime?

EDIT : I removed any links from my original post so as not to appear to be 'sitewhoring'

KyozoKicks on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    The main issue I see with the shoes is that, while everything is rendered really well, the shoes come across a little cluttered as if you didn't really think through what image would go where.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/

• Options
    edited February 2011
    Hey Nappuccino,

Thanks for the feedback. I take that a compliment! a cluttered, random, almost chaotic look is exactly what I was after. The design came from my experience I had seeing other people playing around with the stickers, where once they worked out what they were doing (with the sticker tool) they would end up going completely crazy, overlaping stickers, putting them various ways and sizes etc. Giving it a random feel, whilst actually taking in to account distributing colours evenly across the canvas (to avoid blocks of the same colour) was one of the harder things I have had to do.

I think had they all been a uniform size and orientated the same direction it would of appeared very sterile, where as I was hoping for a more organic feel to them.

KyozoKicks on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Well... yes, but that isn't what i meant. You can organize things so it both appears cluttered and intentional compositionally.

Nappuccino on

• Options
    Mystic TerrapinMystic Terrapin Shelled Sorcerer Dark LandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I think the placement of things on the shoes works for LBP, maybe not for a lot of other games.

Mystic Terrapin on
    Nintendo Network ID: Ghostosaurus
    3DS FC: 0774-4319-6018
    PSN:GallantJay