As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PrePax Breakfast!

KnolandKnoland Hungry Hungry HippoVermontRegistered User regular
edited February 2011 in PAX Archive
I was just curious if I could still attend the breakfast and if there was any pre-paying involved.

Yes, People can even show up at the last minute!

Hmm, I probably should have mentioned how we're going to pay. We'll be splitting the bill evenly, unless someone bought something expensive, then they'll pay for their extra cost.

Breakfast is still on! (I had a job due that took all my time)

UPDATED :
Place: Thorntons Restaurant and Cafe
Time: 7:30 AM
Date: Thursday March 10

The place can hold 60-70 people, so I think we'll be fine.

List of People (? people, are you still in?):
Knoland
MxWood
DMmagic?
VThornheart?
VisionOfClarity?

OLD OP
So it's looking like breakfast at around 7-8. Two places up for consideration:Six Burner and Thorntons Restaurant and Cafe
Post here with where you want do go.

Old Old OP:
I've noticed events for lunch and dinner Thursday before Pax, but what about breakfast!? What better way to kick off a day roaming around Boston, seeing historic sites, and hanging with awesome people then a good morning meal? So, would anyone be interested in a pre-Pax breakfast? Also, if anyone knows any good breakfast places in Boston, post them here!

Ideas for places to eat:
*Thornton's Restaurant (typical breakfast food: eggs, bacond, etc)
*The Paramount (fancier, but great food)
*Six Burner (GREAT FOOD, traditional food as well as a number of interesting dishes)
*Rox Diner (great twist in typical diner food)

PAX EAST 2014: Ticket/Enforcing[x] Hotel [x] Travel [x]
Knoland on

• WingedillidanWingedillidan Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Isn't the Dim Sum a breakfast event? And Seattle had the crumpet event :/ Is there a place?

Wingedillidan on
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
  • KnolandKnoland Hungry Hungry Hippo VermontRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Isn't the Dim Sum a breakfast event? And Seattle had the crumpet event :/ Is there a place?

Dim sum is lunch on Sunday. Also, I don't know what people want for food, so I was going to get suggestions.

Knoland on
  • DMmagicDMmagic PAX East Enforcer Springfield, MO, USARegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I support this meal, and will happily join in the food eating of breakfast (provided we can make the MMT afterwards) :-)

DMmagic on
    edited January 2011
    I don't know what time the MMT starts on Thursday, but I doubt it'll be before breakfast/brunch.

Knoland on
  • RdrRdr Rider Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    MMT is traditionally 9am-5pm

I also support this meal. I'm more for a traditional breakfast.

Rdr on
  • VisionOfClarityVisionOfClarity Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Not sure where the MMT is starting but downtown The Kinsale has a good breakfast. We used to get breakfast and hot toddy's there before class in college.

VisionOfClarity on
    edited January 2011
    The Kinsale is very good. Also, would it be possible to have this line up with the MMT, just as to prevent conflict?

Edit: Just checked The Kinsale's hours; they don't open until 11.

Knoland on
    edited January 2011
    It might be best to pick a venue and then let punzie work around it if possible depending on the votes people make on MMT locations.

Rdr on
  • FrugusFrugus Photographer MontrealRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Unfortunately by that time of the day I'll be driving down to Boston while sipping some Tim Horton's coffee.

Go TimBits!

Frugus on
    Frugus Eggbeater
    ufCl1ui.png
  • punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The MMT will likely be meeting up around 8:30 or 9 in the Common. That's my plan for the moment. Of course, nothing is definitely decided at this point and won't be for at least another month. If you want to plan a 7/7:30 breakfast somewhere near the Common, it should work out for those who want to do the MMT that day.

Frugus: I've never had Tim Horton's. You should bring me some donuts :D

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
    edited January 2011
    So it's looking like it'll come down to Thornton's Resturant or Six Burner. I called around and those where the best for groups. I'll open up a poll and see where people want to go.

Knoland on
  • VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The forums used to do a Pre-PAX Breakfast at Prime, and it was Friday morning... which was really a great time for it. Just food for thought if you're still looking for a specific day to do it! (If you're set on Thursday, that's cool too of course ;) )

EDIT: I either missed it last year, or it didn't happen last year... I'm not sure which. But if I missed it, I suck: the Pre-PAX Breakfast is always awesome.

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
    edited January 2011
    Six Burner's Yelp page doesn't show hours (unless I missed it), but it says it's good for lunch and dinner. No mention of breakfast. I Googled it and the search suggests it doesn't open until 11. More interesting is a couple links down, where I found this: http://bostonrestaurants.blogspot.com/2010/10/six-burner-in-bostons-back-bay-to-close.html. So Six Burner might not actually be an option.

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
  • IxmasatIxmasat Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I would be interested in breakfast...it's my favorite meal of the day! I may or may not be able to actually make it though; depends on final time and location, and what time I expect to get into Boston (driving to a bit east of Worcester, staying with family, then taking the T in).

(@Frugus: Mmmm Timmy Ho's :) Fueled the greater part of our drive from Toronto to Albany last summer.)

Ixmasat on
    edited January 2011
    What about this place: http://www.paramountboston.com/
    It's very close to the Common and looks delicious. Yelp says it isn't good for groups, but perhaps if we call and talk to them soonish, they'll be willing to help us out.

edit: just saw it was on your original list, so there's probably a reason you decided against it.

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
    edited January 2011
    punzie wrote: »
    What about this place: http://www.paramountboston.com/
    It's very close to the Common and looks delicious. Yelp says it isn't good for groups, but perhaps if we call and talk to them soonish, they'll be willing to help us out.

edit: just saw it was on your original list, so there's probably a reason you decided against it.

My concerned was that it was a little pricey, and i didn't think people would want to pay that, but if people are fine with $11-$30 per meal. However, if we had more then 8 people they wouldn't be able to sit us together, which is the main reason I had cut it from the list.

Knoland on
    edited February 2011
    Updated with final details, check OP

Knoland on
  • ArcadiaExeterArcadiaExeter Boston MARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    oh man, i love this idea but i wont be driving up until thurs night. is there any breakfast thing going on for friday morning?

ArcadiaExeter on
    7US7VWW.png
  • It's not a tumorIt's not a tumor Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Won't be arriving until Friday morning unfortunately, plane lands at 5am. :(

It's not a tumor on
    edited February 2011
    oh man, i love this idea but i wont be driving up until thurs night. is there any breakfast thing going on for friday morning?

Not as far as i know. I did Thursday because I'll be down there for other things and thought it'd be fun.

Knoland on
  • DeefuzzDeefuzz Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Bummer. Probably wont get in until around 3pm on Thursday.

Deefuzz on
    [ Web: Twitter | Blog ]
    [ XBL: NemesisFuzz | PSN: Deefuzz ]
  • mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    There is no way I can be in Boston at 7:30am unless I start driving at midnight.
    The only reason why I might do that is if this "Thorton's" serves bacon waffles.

Do they serve bacon waffles?!

Please tell me that they don't! :cry:

EDIT:
    Also, sausage patties. Sausage patties do not have 'butts'.

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • MxWoodMxWood Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    if theres food involved i'm in.

MxWood on
    edited February 2011
    Hmm, I don't know. Its a little far from BCEC for so early. Sorry, don't think I can make it.

Rdr on
    edited February 2011
    Cool. I won't be able to attend because I'll need to be at the MMT meetup early and I'm afraid there might be a bit of a time crunch. I hope you guys have fun though!

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
  • IxmasatIxmasat Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I wont be in the area until late afternoon or evening on Thursday, so I can't make it this time. I'm sorry (and bummed) :(

Ixmasat on