As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW]Druids: CLOSED SLIGHTLY EARLY

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2011
    Moonfury has been cut in half.

Man, if only they were so on the ball when it came to being one of the worst arena specs.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • CaedereCaedere S'no regrets BIRDIESRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    So, if I do my math right, that means at my current DPS of roughly 15k, I'm getting dropped to 14k. Ow. A loss of 1000 DPS, or roughly 500k damage over an 8-minute fight. D: What the hell, Blizzard? Was this really necessary?

Caedere on
    FWnykYl.jpg
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Moonfury was cut in half? When was this? Cut in half to what?

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Okay, apparently Blizzard can't make up their mind.

First it was down to 8%.
    Then 6%.
    Now it's apparently cut to 10%.

Aegis on
    Characters
    edited February 2011
    The only dps buff I think of besides mushrooms was our mastery.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
    edited February 2011
    EJ is suggesting it's overall a slight nerf to singletarget DPS.

Depending on what they decide they're actually going to nerf moonfury to.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I (finally) got the spear to drop in lost city the other day, and upgraded from my 333 staff. It was like oh, hey, where did this threat come from?

Makes that much of a difference eh?

Guess i'm gonna have to run the shit out of Lost City.
    MAYBE I CAN BE A DICK AND DROP GROUP WHEN IT DOESNT DROP LOLOLZOZL

HallowedFaith on
    I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
    edited February 2011
    Just do arena for 2-4 weeks.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
    edited February 2011
    Or just wait for a hotfix.

Mangle and Maul for bear have seen their damage go up by 10%.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    What?

Ranlin on
  • khainkhain Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Mangle and Maul were hotfix buffed according to a blue post. Also included the Moonfury line as well.
    # Moonfury (Balance druid passive) now increases Arcane and Nature damage by 10%, down from 15%. More information can be found here.
    # Mangle (Bear) and Maul (Bear) damage has been increased by approximately 10%.

edit: Easier to read blue.

khain on
    edited February 2011
    Fresh hotfixed upped the damage of Mangle/Maul (Bear) by 10%.

Moonkin nerf is set at 10% now.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2011
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    Fresh hotfixed upped the damage of Mangle/Maul (Bear) by 10%.

Moonkin nerf is set at 10% now.

So it's only down to a 10% nerf now for bear mangle?

Morkath on
    edited February 2011
    If the original nerf was 20%, then it'll now be a 12% nerf after the hotfix.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I (finally) got the spear to drop in lost city the other day, and upgraded from my 333 staff. It was like oh, hey, where did this threat come from?

Lost City also has Tia's Grace on the last boss. And I think some boots.

Grobian on
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Nerfs upon nerfs upon buffs upon nerfs. Oops all forgot to test on the PTR.

Opty on
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Grobian wrote: »

Lost City also has Tia's Grace on the last boss. And I think some boots.

The only leather 346 boots iirc are dropped by ashbury in SFK. Ask me how I know. Incidentally, the red light green light boss drops the only 346 leather bracers, so you at least have two reasons to run SFK.

As far as the weapon thing, if you're a long time druid player, it's easy to forget how many of your abilities scale based on weapon dps now. Weapons aren't just stat sticks for druids; the increase in weapon damage is just as big an upgrade (probably bigger) than the difference in stats on the weapons.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
    edited February 2011
    Leather Bracers come from HoO. I have them, first run. :)
    Boots of Predator come from SFK. I got them this morning... first run.

Also picked up the 346 leather waist from HoO on that same run.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/hydraxis/patronus/simple
    If you'll look, I think I'm a lot better off than I was before. Still going at it though.

I'm about to put the AGI enchant on my headgear from Uldum rep.
    Working on the Exalted Deepholm enchant as well.

HallowedFaith on
  • CelianCelian Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    They are also hotfixing Mangle and Maul back up by 10%. Eh.

Celian on
    PSN: BenTheFrenchy || Xbox: TheCanuck || Battle.Net: Celian#1956 || the100.io Pax Group
    edited February 2011
    Oh hey I didn't see anyone mention this, but new tree form's got its dance added in the patch. It's still the Twist and looks hilarious with the new model.

Opty on
  • BikkstahBikkstah Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Some fun with Deepstone Oil:

J5nrE.jpg

Bikkstah on
    edited February 2011
    My DPS is averaging 6-7k now, just depends.

In order to educate myself, I have been looking over recount stats after each dungeon to find out overall attacks/damage/etc of other classes to see what they do so I can in turn understand their usual rotations and effects better.

I've also started to really notice that people dont FUCKING ATTACK THE GOD DAMN SKULL

HallowedFaith on
  • RaekreuRaekreu Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Bobble wrote: »
    Yeah, I know. It is just gonna take me a few days to get all that shit together to get the weapon made.

Alternative options are the first boss from Heroic Lost City, and something at Revered with the Tol Barad faction.

and then there's the 359 arena weapon. Just 3 weeks worth of queueing and praying to get another team of people who are in PVE gear and match up poorly with your team :P

Also, reminder to all of my fellow cow druids out there: warstomp in bearform! Wheeee!

Just to throw in my $.02, the Tol Barad one is kinda meh - it's got hit & haste on it. Compare that to the BS crafted one that's got mastery & crit. Ditto for the one that drops in H Lost city.

Raekreu on
  • BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Apparently this patch killed druids? I'm normally a tank, but our guild started trying Magmaw last night, and for a few attempts I went cat. I don't think cat dps is broken or anything. Pulled my weight and then some. Anyone else still around or did everyone reroll? :P

Bobble on
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Feral is nowhere near what it was in WotLK.

forty on
    edited February 2011
    The idea that Druids are dead is just nonsense. You had to slightly adjust your playstyle a bit, especially with Cat, but it pretty much only effected PvP.

And Bear tanking took a hit, but at the end of the day tanking should not be "swipe swipe swipe" - it should be a challenge like with every other class.

And also, Druids have diversity out the ass. Several forms of CC, Tanks that can drop into DPS without a thing changing, Stealth, and Battle Rez. Ranged DPS that can do SOME decent healing.

Druids Live! People just want the flavor of the month, which right now is Mages or DKs.

HallowedFaith on
    edited February 2011
    How are DKs the flavor of the month? Unless you mean blood tanking with the 4.0.6 buffs.

forty on
  • DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Hmm, so for those that play feral at a decent level and are familiar with the theorycraft, this may be relevant to your interests:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/853063-So-how-about-that-Yawning-feral-dps-drama

http://www.restokin.com/2011/02/saving-yawnings-feral-guide/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Restokin+%28Restokin%29

Yawning (maker of Mew), recently quit the game (you know why). For the offense of telling people about it, his sticky was removed, his threads were deleted, and he was banned from the forums.

Did Blizzard hire on some SOE people at the top levels or something? I mean, damn.

Derrick on
    Steam and CFN: Enexemander
    edited February 2011
    From what I gather, his threads were deleted as part of what happens when an account is banned permanently. His sticky thread wasn't deleted but the supplimental posts (i.e. the posts with the majority of the content since the first post is almost always a table of contents to the posts with the rest of the info) were since there's no way to tag them as part of the op.

I don't know what he did to get banned like that, but I really doubt it was his goodbye post. Either way, I don't give a shit when someone values theorycrafting so highly that they'd quit the game while pointing at their theoretical numbers as why within the first week of the patch being live instead of giving an honest attempt to learn how to play with the changes.

Opty on
  • DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Opty wrote: »
    From what I gather, his threads were deleted as part of what happens when an account is banned permanently. His sticky thread wasn't deleted but the supplimental posts (i.e. the posts with the majority of the content since the first post is almost always a table of contents to the posts with the rest of the info) were since there's no way to tag them as part of the op.

I don't know what he did to get banned like that, but I really doubt it was his goodbye post. Either way, I don't give a shit when someone values theorycrafting so highly that they'd quit the game while pointing at their theoretical numbers as why within the first week of the patch being live instead of giving an honest attempt to learn how to play with the changes.

He was banned for one week, not permanently. So it's not actually standard operating procedure.

Read his goodbye post and you'll know why he quit. It seems like the retarded feral changes (tm), were just kind of the anvil that broke the camel's back. I mean, if you enjoy a game for its complexity, and they homogenize everything... why would you play? /shrug.

Derrick on
    Steam and CFN: Enexemander
    edited February 2011
    I did read his goodbye post and it reeked of "if they had only done exactly what I had said then I'd still be playing." I don't give a crap about people like that, plus I don't like the "celebrity" theorycrafters in general since they often let it get to their heads (as you saw with the bear talent bug that they kept secret).

Opty on
    edited February 2011
    Whine posts are not allowed, but removing his guides is classic Blizzard. Shameful.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
    edited February 2011
    You can blame the forum moderation for the stuff that gets removed. I would not throw it down as "Blizzard." Take my word for it, those that matter at big Blizzard could care less and have no idea what is going on inside the forums.

Newsflash: No one cares if you quit. Ever. There is no reason to tell any one. It's a video game, your money, your time. No on cares what you decide to do with it. It's not like you are in the Army and you desert your troops while in direct combat. It's WoW. Fuck off.

HallowedFaith on
    edited February 2011
    I can understand him telling people he was leaving if he'd handed over development of Mew and/or the managment of the sticky thread at the same time, something simple like "I've decided to quit the game, but I've made sure the sticky thread/Mew will be in the good hands of X. Goodbye everyone, it was fun!" But he hasn't handed Mew over to anyone else yet and the sticky thread would have still been in his name if it weren't for the bumbling mod staff, so really making a quit thread was him just being petulant and demanding attention.

Opty on
    edited February 2011
    The forum moderation is Blizzard so, uh, yes I can!

Yeah, nobody cares about a angsty quitting post, but that still doesn't mean you should remove every trace of the person from the forums. Especially when legitimately useful stuff has been post.

Moving onto more worthwhile issues, I feel our Resto cooldown in 4.1 will basically be a talent or specialization that lets us cast Barkskin on others. This will be balanced by giving Barkskin a higher cooldown when cast on another player. Simplest solution.

Stampeding Roar still sucks and needs the following:

-Increased radius (20yds)
    -Increased duration (12 seconds) OR increased movement speed (70%)
    -Removes all snares when used. When used by a Feral druid, removes all roots as well.
    -Effect not broken when leaving forms.

The third would do a lot to ease the massive nerf Feral received. Even if the root break is just for the druid. The last one makes the damn skill useful for non-ferals. I like that Cata added more feral skills that appeal to non-ferals. Cat and Bear are base skills and should be used by the class regardless of spec.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
    edited February 2011
    I don't make exceptions. There are a million resources out on them thar` interwebs that have tons of useful tidbits. If the guy wanted to quit, he should have done it with grace. Given someone access to the threat, or a copy or whatever, and then just removed his account.

When you go out like that, you create another element of drama that is not only useless but unhelpful. The community moderators were well within their rights to remove the information, and in fact, I would have done the same. Easier to just be done with all traces of a problem.

-- Stampeding Roar:
    I agree. Still sucks, and I think the radius + speed change would be nice. Although, I never really saw a usefulness to this anyway. I mean, it's useless outside of PvP.

To balance it to be useful for EVERYONE, I would say it should increase some stat that would be helpful in a raid/dungeon setting. 10 seconds of increased healing/damage done, or something. And I don't see them ever letting it remove snares/roots because it would give Resto a way to break out without shifting.

What they need to do is let Mushrooms be detonated in Stealth, and make Stampeding Roar an overall party support spell. 10% damage reduction with 10% healing increase for 12 seconds. Useful for everyone, everywhere, and not OP.

HallowedFaith on
  • RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Even if not in stealth, I don't see why mushrooms couldn't be detonated without shifting you out of form.

Ranlin on
  • BlurblBlurbl -_- Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I just wish Stampeding Roar had a bigger range. There's a ton of places in heroics/raids were the run speed is useful, but the range is so small you're not going to affect anyone unless they're on top of you.

Blurbl on
    edited February 2011
    And I don't see them ever letting it remove snares/roots because it would give Resto a way to break out without shifting.
    Yes, because resto gets a lot done in bear/cat form.

forty on
    edited February 2011
    forty wrote: »
    And I don't see them ever letting it remove snares/roots because it would give Resto a way to break out without shifting.
    Yes, because resto gets a lot done in bear/cat form.

Still gives them access to two root killers, which is the point I was making.

HallowedFaith on
This discussion has been closed.