As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX East Train Alliance 2011 (PAXTrain East!) - Metal Gear Train SOLD OUT!

• SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    What line you will be on: Metal Gear
    Names: Becky and Kyle
    Boarding Stop: Buffalo, NY
    Ticket Purchased: Yep!

SwashbucklerXX on
    Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • FirelanceFirelance Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    What line you will be on: Sonic Line
    Name: Jay
    Boarding Stop: New York City
    Ticket Purchased: No

Firelance on
  • Echo PapaEcho Papa Registered User new member
    edited February 2011
    Name: Eric
    Boarding Stop: Syracuse, NY
    Ticket Purchased YES

This is my first PAX, it's going to be awesome.

Echo Papa on
    zeh69wyeu1n0.png

• WizardWizard Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Oh Muffins.

I have class that Thursday until 1800. Guess I can't take the Sonic Line.

Have a great Train ride everyone!

Wizard on
  • king awesomeking awesome Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Sonic Line riders! The fruit fucker flag will be back in action to help you easily find the right train car :P

My gf is remaking the fruit fucker flag and is thinking about making another flag for our group. Looking for fun suggestions for a good flag :)

king awesome on
    Bigsushi.fm
    Listen to our podcast, read our articles, tell us how much you hate it and how to make it better ;)
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2011
    Sonic Line riders! The fruit fucker flag will be back in action to help you easily find the right train car :P

My gf is remaking the fruit fucker flag and is thinking about making another flag for our group. Looking for fun suggestions for a good flag :)

could you put the community logo on a flag?

zerzhul on
  • king awesomeking awesome Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    zerzhul wrote: »

The one in this thread? http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?p=18313683

Initial thought is no, but we'll do some actual analysis and see. She actually sews together fabric to make the flag. So simple designs work better, and while the community logo is badass, it has a lot of intricate details.

Last year's flag as reference: fruit-fucker-flag-220x165.jpg

king awesome on
    Bigsushi.fm
    Listen to our podcast, read our articles, tell us how much you hate it and how to make it better ;)
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2011
    zerzhul wrote: »

The one in this thread? http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?p=18313683

Initial thought is no, but we'll do some actual analysis and see. She actually sews together fabric to make the flag. So simple designs work better, and while the community logo is badass, it has a lot of intricate details.

Last year's flag as reference: fruit-fucker-flag-220x165.jpg

ah, rgr, makes sense. could always buy one of the community tshirts and make a flag out of that ;) lol
    hrm.... a divX maybe?

zerzhul on
  • BigSassyBigSassy Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

May I recommend Cardboard Tube Samurai?

http://tomopop.com/ul/14225-550x-cts2.jpg
    http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/7/21/
    http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2006/4/17/
    http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2006/12/22/
    http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2009/4/6/

Perhaps Catsby and Twisp?

http://www.penny-arcade.com/moon.jpg

Or how about Automata?

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2009/6/12/

Maybe the logo from the Lookouts?

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2010/4/26/

BigSassy on
  • DanUNGDanUNG Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Name: Dan
    Boarding Stop: Springfield, MA
    Ticket Purchased YES

I'll be on the tail-end of the trip, but it sure beats driving+parking fees ;-)

DanUNG on
  • reverend_tobiasreverend_tobias Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Hey guys! Forum newbie here, checking in the PARTY TRAIN

What line you will be on: Metroid --> Sonic
    Name: Tobias
    Boarding Stop: Birmingham, AL
    Ticket Purchased: Yes

reverend_tobias on
  • Shadow009Shadow009 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Looking forward to this!

What line you will be on: Metroid & Sonic
    Name: John
    Boarding Stop: Salisbury, NC

Shadow009 on
  • BinarySamuraiBinarySamurai Code Chef Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    This will be my first year and I am getting very excited. Me and my cohorts will be joing the lot of you on the metal gear line.

What line you will be on: Metal Gear Line
    Name: Kenneth
    Boarding Stop: Union Station Chicago
    Ticket Purchased: YES

Name: Pete

Name: Alex

BinarySamurai on
  • Shadow009Shadow009 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Where are most of the people on the Metroid Line changing trains to get on the 176?
    My ticket has me changing at Penn Station in NY.

Shadow009 on
  • chrismsxchrismsx Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I thought about taking the train, but flying is so much more fun to me. Now I regret my decision.

chrismsx on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited February 2011
    Shadow009 wrote: »
    Where are most of the people on the Metroid Line changing trains to get on the 176?

Because the Metroid Line changes over to the Sonic Line at its origination in DC. If you're not changing over until NY, you're going to be very lonely from DC to NYC.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• chrismsxchrismsx Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    This will be my first year and I am getting very excited. Me and my cohorts will be joing the lot of you on the metal gear line.

How much is the whole trip going to cost you? I'm from Chicago and I just thought teh train ride would be just as expensive as flying and much longer! If PAX is everything I think it's going to be, I plan on making this an annual trip and i'd like to save cash in the future.

chrismsx on
    edited February 2011
    Amtrak shows the round trip at $208 (assuming a monday return trip), if you call in and apply the discount code in the OP you can get 10% off of that, so around $190.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• blAAAm!!!blAAAm!!! Cleveland, OhioRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    the metal gear is starting to look awesome, also my ticket for round trip was like $130, I considered flying buy 1. i hate flying, 2. I wanted to meet people have a fun trip my 1st time to PAX

blAAAm!!! on
  • antheremantherem Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »

Because the Metroid Line changes over to the Sonic Line at its origination in DC. If you're not changing over until NY, you're going to be very lonely from DC to NYC.

The Amtrak site definitely does switch you over in Penn Station rather than DC.

Shadow, you should be able to (assuming you bought online) cancel your order online and order another set of tickets, one to DC on the Crescent and another from DC to Boston on the Northeast Regional.

And if you ordered by phone they should be able to help you out too if you call.

antherem on
    edited February 2011
    chrismsx wrote: »

How much is the whole trip going to cost you? I'm from Chicago and I just thought teh train ride would be just as expensive as flying and much longer! If PAX is everything I think it's going to be, I plan on making this an annual trip and i'd like to save cash in the future.

The trip from Chicago is costing us 223.00 a piece. But the price were changing all the time we could of got our seats much cheaper a few weeks ago but we didnt have the money all rounded up then.

BinarySamurai on
    edited February 2011
    Called amtrack up to do the discount made a big difference,. It took us from $621.00 to $558.00 not bad thanks for the info on the discount.

Weird thing was though I ordered yestereday they handt sent the tickets out yet but I have to echange those tickets in chicago to get the discount? I guess whatever it takes to have a little more money for PAX loot.

BinarySamurai on
  • ProprietyPropriety PAX Pokemon League Leader! Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Holy shit look at all these new people! And so many on the Sonic Line! Woo!

I've managed to convince a few acquaintances of mine from the MSPA forums to join the Sonic line, too. They should be joining in Wilmington, Delaware.

Propriety on
    That guy with the ridiculously long scarf at PAX. Say Hi!
    Love Pokemon? Going to PAX Prime/East/Aus/South? Challenge the PAX Pokemon League!!!
    edited February 2011
    The trip from Chicago is costing us 223.00 a piece. But the price were changing all the time we could of got our seats much cheaper a few weeks ago but we didnt have the money all rounded up then.

Just in case you haven't, remember you can use that 10% discount on tickets already purchased. So if you want to save $22.30 per ticket (that's a damn nice lunch or a sizable chunk of a decent dinner), you should do this:

Step 1) Cut a hole in the box

...wait, wrong instructions.

Step 1) Call 1-800-872-7245
    Step 2) Navigate the menu until your talking to a live booking agent
    Step 3) Give the code X77F-922

And that's the way you do it! </Justin Timberlake>

BigSassy on
    edited February 2011
    Called amtrack up to do the discount made a big difference,. It took us from $621.00 to $558.00 not bad thanks for the info on the discount.

Weird thing was though I ordered yestereday they handt sent the tickets out yet but I have to echange those tickets in chicago to get the discount? I guess whatever it takes to have a little more money for PAX loot.

Oh sweet, you already did it. I started the above reply before you posted your results :)

BigSassy on
    edited February 2011
    BigSassy wrote: »

Just in case you haven't, remember you can use that 10% discount on tickets already purchased. So if you want to save $22.30 per ticket (that's a damn nice lunch or a sizable chunk of a decent dinner), you should do this:

Step 1) Cut a hole in the box

...wait, wrong instructions.

Step 1) Call 1-800-872-7245
    Step 2) Navigate the menu until your talking to a live booking agent
    Step 3) Give the code X77F-922

And that is how you do it! </Justin Timberlake>

Already done it. We have to exchange our tickets at the train station to get our refund.

BinarySamurai on
    edited February 2011
    BigSassy wrote: »

Oh sweet, you already did it. I started the above reply before you posted your results :)

LMAO were just playing tag now.

BinarySamurai on
  • SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Cheers to Mr. Carr for arranging that discount, just called and got $22 refunded to my credit card. Sweet.

Hey Metal Gear line, is there a flag or other identifying feature we can use to find y'all when we board, or should I just look for 25 fellow nerds playing Pokemon? :)

SwashbucklerXX on
    Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
    edited February 2011
    Cheers to Mr. Carr for arranging that discount, just called and got $22 refunded to my credit card. Sweet.

Hey Metal Gear line, is there a flag or other identifying feature we can use to find y'all when we board, or should I just look for 25 fellow nerds playing Pokemon? :)

I was wondering the same thing. I was even contemplating carrying a PAX or bust cardboard sign.

BinarySamurai on
  • LcheeseboyLcheeseboy Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Propriety wrote: »
    Holy shit look at all these new people! And so many on the Sonic Line! Woo!

I've managed to convince a few acquaintances of mine from the MSPA forums to join the Sonic line, too. They should be joining in Wilmington, Delaware.

You too? At this rate, we're going to have to rename it to the Rainbow Rumpus Party Line!

Lcheeseboy on
  • feitocomfrutafeitocomfruta Denver, Colorado, USARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'm probably not going to be able to take the PETA like I initially thought. But the problem is, I dunno if I have other options at this point, other than a possible ride all the way up to Boston from someone else, but I haven't heard back from them recently, so I dunno if I'm gonna get that lift.

feitocomfruta on
  • TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Line: Metroid
    Name: James AKA Tarranon
    Boarding: New Orleans
    Purchased Ticket: Yes

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • ruforufo Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Heh. Despite Mr. Moffitt having handled the ticket arrangements a while ago, I realized I hadn't actually posted here :P

Line: Metal Gear
    Name: Rufo aka AgentMunroe, Leo
    Boarding: Rochester, NY
    Purchased Ticket: Yes

My brother will be with me. So many on Metal Gear, and a bunch from Rochester - looking forward to March!

rufo on
  • MangoProjectsMangoProjects Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    What line you will be on: Sonic Line (Fri 2:40am)
    Boarding Stop: NYC
    Ticket Purchased: Y

MangoProjects on
    I create images with IMPACT.
  • TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

oh nooooo :(

it never gave me the option to change in DC, only NY

anyway since there are only like five of us on the metroid line let's think about the stuff we want to bring to make it more fun!

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
    edited February 2011
    Sometimes you have to book your trip as a multi-city trip to get the trains you want in the configuration you want.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• beebadarkobeebadarko Registered User new member
    edited February 2011
    What line you will be on: 448 Lake Shore Limited
    Name: Todd Farley
    Boarding Stop: Elyria, OH
    Ticket Purchased: Yus.

beebadarko on
    edited February 2011
    Tarranon wrote: »

oh nooooo :(

it never gave me the option to change in DC, only NY

anyway since there are only like five of us on the metroid line let's think about the stuff we want to bring to make it more fun!

If you call Amtrak you can probably get things fixed. Call 1-800-872-7245 and speak to an agent, I'm sure they'll get you setup to join us on the Awesomeness that is the Sonic Line :D

BigSassy on
  • tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    beebadarko wrote: »
    What line you will be on: 448 Lake Shore Limited
    Name: Todd Farley
    Boarding Stop: Elyria, OH
    Ticket Purchased: Yus.

i think you meant to say metal gear line. also, welcome to the forums, sir!

tvethiopia on
    <3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • TheGamerTheGamer Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    You forgot to add the Downeaster from portland maine to boston. I went last year and the train was rather full of pax east attendees. Also is there a pax prime train group ?

TheGamer on
This discussion has been closed.