As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

MMA XII: Congratulations to Spectrum, Dana White

• doug_grammardoug_grammar Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    adytum wrote: »
    can't sleep, dana white will troll me

Maybe a little shut eye won't hurt... zzz...
    @doug_grammar go cry some more fedor nut hugger

*GASP* AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

doug_grammar on
  • Metal JaredMetal Jared Mulligan Wizard Rhode IslandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    adytum wrote: »
    can't sleep, dana white will troll me

Maybe a little shut eye won't hurt... zzz...
    @doug_grammar go cry some more fedor nut hugger

*GASP* AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

well played :^:

Metal Jared on
    BattleTag: MetalJared#1756
    PSN: SoulCrusherJared
  • adytumadytum The Inevitable Rise And FallRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Hopefully Dana White won't have trolled the internet into a smoldering pile of ash by morning.

adytum on
    edited February 2011
    Sweet dreams, gents.

182464_193212300702734_100000418967615_644100_1626521_n.jpg

adytum on
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2011
    that does not look good at all. I guess fedor was "lucky" that Miragliotta was the ref.

Dynagrip on
  • [Tycho?][Tycho?] As elusive as doubt Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Still no emotion at all.

And... holy crap look at his nose, that looks very broken. Didn't notice that in the fight, though it explains the blood from the nose. Still, he looks like he's in destroying mood. I would have liked to have seen another round for sure, Fedor would not have given up.

[Tycho?] on
    mvaYcgc.jpg
    edited February 2011
    B:L wrote: »
    Remember when everyone wanted to see Brock vs. Fedor like...a year and a half ago?

BAHAHAHAHA
    Well yeah because everyone knew Brock was overhyped. At least Fedor never turned tail and ran to get pummeled in the back of his head repeatedly.

I'd love to see Fedor fight Brock still (though I think Fedor should really retire). We've know seen how each guy can lose. He would have devastated Brock on the feet.

edit: Ha, and what a different story that would have been. Imagine if Fedor had come over to the UFC to fight Brock Lesnar. Or even Couture back in the day. Him vs Couture would have been an awesome fight a few years ago.

[Tycho?] on
    mvaYcgc.jpg
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2011
    [Tycho?] wrote: »
    Still no emotion at all.

And... holy crap look at his nose, that looks very broken. Didn't notice that in the fight, though it explains the blood from the nose. Still, he looks like he's in destroying mood. I would have liked to have seen another round for sure, Fedor would not have given up.

I think it's hard to emote when your face is 80% destroyed.

Dynagrip on
    edited February 2011
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    Still no emotion at all.

I think it's hard to emote when your face is 80% destroyed.

True enough, he took quite a beating in the second round. And really the first round too, but he gave out as good as he got at the start.

[Tycho?] on
    mvaYcgc.jpg
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Hm. No official results post yet or did I miss it?

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
    edited February 2011
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    that does not look good at all. I guess fedor was "lucky" that Miragliotta was the ref.

Yeah seriously, I think I posted during the fight that I thought the ref was told not to stop the fight for ANY reason. Then of course the Doctor stopped it. Strikeforce has gotten some weird finishes lately.

To be honest though if the ref did stop the fight people would have been "FEDOR WAS OK THE REF STOPPED IT EARLY!!!"

Edit:

As always Seanbaby has the best quote (via his twitter)
    Seanbaby wrote:
    I still think Fedor is the best human fighter on the planet. If he had a spear, that minotaur would have been fucked.

Edit 2: Joe Rogan weighed in as well (Via his twitter)
    Joe Rogan wrote:
    Strikeforce was interesting tonight. Just watched the DVR'ed show so I could FF through the downtime. Bigfoot is a big scary fuck.

Joe Rogan wrote:
    Werdum removed Fedor's aura of invincibility, but the dismantling by Bigfoot tonight was much more brutal and dominating. Very interesting
    Joe Rogan wrote:
    If Fedor retires I will always be a fan. He carried himself like a zen warrior, and he fought like a man possessed. Respect always.

Edit 3: Dana White's final comment on the night from his Twitter:
    I had a blast 2 nite!! Thanks to all the passionate fans out there. You guys are the best and make this shit fun. I'm tappin out. Good nite

Metal Jared on
    edited February 2011
    Oh shit Dana wrote back to me on Twitter!

dana9.jpg

Metal Jared on
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Man we just saw a pretty awesome (and possibly historic) night of fights and there's like five times as much discussion about twitter.

You guys suck sometimes.

Bigfoot put on an amazing performance last night, can't wait for the next round of HWGP fights now.

815165 on
    edited February 2011
    815165 wrote: »
    Man we just saw a pretty awesome (and possibly historic) night of fights and there's like five times as much discussion about twitter.

You guys suck sometimes.

Bigfoot put on an amazing performance last night, can't wait for the next round of HWGP fights now.

Ok here we go:

Overeem defeated Sefo via submission (neck crank) at 1:37 of round 1. Not competitive, Announcers were saying that Alistar would fight Valentine if it came to that (and that would be fratricide). Also they were saying that Sefo spent most of his time recently helping Vitor Belfort (who was in attendance I think) get ready for Silva

Griggs defeated Villante via TKO (punches) at 2:49 of round 1. Not that competitive

Del Rosario defeated Johnson via submission (armbar) at 4:31 of round 1. Nice Armbar. Another short fight.

Kharitonov defeated Arlovski via KO (punches) at 2:49 of round 1. Arlovski's boxing defense sucks, he got beat down. Pretty non competitive.

Silva defeated Emelianenko via TKO (doctor stoppage) at 5:00 of round 2. First round was pretty competitive, Fedor was just throwing that overhand right over and over again. Second round Fedor got DOMINATED, and the fight could/should have been stopped while Silva was in the mount. The Strikeforce announcers weren't sure if round 2 should be scored 10-8. I thought it should have been scored 10-7. Oh and then the doctor stopped the fight and it took the officals like 3 minutes to tell Silva the fight was over. He was ready for round 3. Fedor looked like he got hit by a fucking truck (and he kind of did)

After the fight Fedor says he might retire. Which is a huge deal but lots of fighters say they will retire.

A total of 21 minutes 16 seconds of fighting for the night. Most of which weren't quite competitive.

After the fight:

@danawhite: :)

And a million tweets from Dana White talking trash (hilarious).

The only thing historic in my opinion was how badly Fedor got rolled in the second round. The rest of the fight card were somewhat entertaining but mostly non-competitive. I thought the prelims were better actually (which isn't uncommon). I can't wait to see the real Overeem fight.

And you can blame the twitter stuff on me, I found it HILARIOUS

Metal Jared on
  • fmz65fmz65 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    My prediction for the HW title:

Ubereem vs Ubereem.

(Ubereem wins) ;)

fmz65 on
    daleyk.png
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Some how Brett Rogers will claw his way to the top and win the Prix.

Sherdog as well as this thread would explode.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Valtijn was just randomly throwing whatever he had at Sefo till he went for the shitty take down.

Del Rosario had so many chances to take the arm. Strange that he didn't lock it up before.

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    It was the best strike force event I may have seen in a while.

I agree with Jared tho'- Dana is doing exactly his thing take it or leave it, The event was pretty lopsided and whats to say about Fedor that hasn't been stated?

I think Fedor got tagged pretty seriously in round one, which people are skipping over as it was an even round. I am pretty sure he was wobbled multiple times. I am not sure bigfoot was ever in trouble.

I felt weird watching it. I hate Fedor fans (mainly the ridiculous pride vs ufc; fedor = god and didnt cherry pick fights or even have a prior loss people) with a fiery hot passion. And with the Werdum loss felt like ok- they will shut up and now I can just enjoy this guy who likely was one of the best ever. And he got tooled. Major bummer.

How about this- AA should quit. He is not getting KO'd= he is getting switched off. Like scary deep KO'd. The Axe Murder is getting this way too. I'm mean full on limp not coming around for a few when you tag them just right. Multiple times for both of them in thier last few fights. Its scary as a fan of them and IF something happened to either catastrophic injury wise the sport would be set back forever.

edit : Sherdog radio is blaming the state of new jersey doctor airing on the side of caution in stopping the fight, stating they have seen worse eyes. is there no end to excuses for Fedor? seriously? WTF

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
    edited February 2011
    I feel so bad for Arlovski. The man has crisp striking, but I don't think I can watch him fight again. I hope he can find another pay check.

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
    edited February 2011
    Peter Ebel wrote: »
    I feel so bad for Arlovski. The man has crisp striking, but I don't think I can watch him fight again. I hope he can find another pay check.
    I don't get why he spent so much time in the corners and the clinch against Kharitonov, Arlovski's footwork and speed could have been enough to win if he'd made proper use of them.

815165 on
    edited February 2011
    Peter Ebel wrote: »
    Arlovski can easily make a career at beating up newer fighters, but it is doubtful he will ever be a top-level fighter again.

He's a gatekeeper at this point.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited February 2011
    Penny Arcade Fight Club Round 3 (PAFCR3)
    A MayGodHaveMercy production in conjunction with Adytum Entertainment and Penny-Arcade

CONGRATS TO OUR STILL UNDEFEATED OPEN-WEIGHT, OPEN-GENDER CHAMPION OF THE WORLD, SPECTRUM

Final Standings!
    Position Name
    Record Points

01. Spectrum
    (9-0) (228)
    02. Raoulduke20 / BongRipsPalin
    (5-2) (387)
    03. Half Eaten Oreo / half_eaten_oreo
    (10-4) (350)
    04. Metal Jared
    (5-3) (224)
    05. fmz65 / SensAZNal
    (4-2) (231)
    06. facetious / Chagrin
    (6-3) (206)
    07. PeteRebel
    (3-2) (217)
    08. ChillyWilly
    (3-4) (199)
    09. adytum
    (5-5) (252)
    10. Xrdd
    (2-2) (196)
    11. Barbatus
    (3-4) (173)
    12. Star
    (3-3) (123)
    13. B:L
    (4-3) (174)
    14. SweeneyTom
    (3-4) (158)
    15. moleface
    (2-4) (152)
    16. TehSpectre
    (4-2) (135)
    17. Zzulu
    (0-4) (154)
    18. doug_grammar / chokehead
    (0-4) (119)
    19. Snarfmaster
    (3-3) (111)
    20. sportzboytjw
    (2-4) (85)
    21. Dangerbird
    (1-2) (72)
    22. Campy
    (1-2) (66)
    23. Peen / Tw1tch
    (0-4) (59)
    24. Brodo Faggins
    (1-3) (38)
    25. Organichu
    (1-4) (80)
    26. DasUberEdward / Edward
    (0-2) (63)
    27. MayGodHaveMercy / Mercy_XXVI
    (3-4) (59)

Bout 10 Results
    02/12/2011 during Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Silva

Championship Match

Spectrum
    (43) (8-0) vs. Raoulduke20 / BongRipsPalin
    (39) (5-1)

Brackets

The PAFCR3 Bracket

adytum on
    edited February 2011
    Damn yous, Spectrum.

Damn yous to hell.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited February 2011
    mojojoeo wrote: »

I agree with Jared tho'- Dana is doing exactly his thing take it or leave it, The event was pretty lopsided and whats to say about Fedor that hasn't been stated?

I think Fedor got tagged pretty seriously in round one, which people are skipping over as it was an even round. I am pretty sure he was wobbled multiple times. I am not sure bigfoot was ever in trouble.

I felt weird watching it. I hate Fedor fans (mainly the ridiculous pride vs ufc; fedor = god and didnt cherry pick fights or even have a prior loss people) with a fiery hot passion. And with the Werdum loss felt like ok- they will shut up and now I can just enjoy this guy who likely was one of the best ever. And he got tooled. Major bummer.

How about this- AA should quit. He is not getting KO'd= he is getting switched off. Like scary deep KO'd. The Axe Murder is getting this way too. I'm mean full on limp not coming around for a few when you tag them just right. Multiple times for both of them in thier last few fights. Its scary as a fan of them and IF something happened to either catastrophic injury wise the sport would be set back forever.

edit : Sherdog radio is blaming the state of new jersey doctor airing on the side of caution in stopping the fight, stating they have seen worse eyes. is there no end to excuses for Fedor? seriously? WTF

Koscheck's eye looked way worse than Fedor's did, but that fight went for a full 25 minutes and wasn't stopped. A different doctor definitely could have made a different decision.

[Tycho?] on
    mvaYcgc.jpg
    edited February 2011
    Brett Rogers knocked out Arlovski in 22 seconds though. It seems like he can't take damage and come back. 15 minutes is a long time to avoid damage.

Also, second round of the Fedor vs Silva match was like watching an ogre pound a bag of wet meat.

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • fmz65fmz65 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'm going to come back stronger next season.

Go all Shogun on you in Shogun v Machida 2

fmz65 on
    daleyk.png
    edited February 2011
    I honestly believe that Silva would have been useless in the third round, had Fedy not lost due to eye stoppage.

I think he very well could have won with how gassed Silva would have been. (I know Fedor would have been tired, but not to the extent Silva would have been, throwing punches and submissions left n right all round)

I still think that the fact that Fedor wan't stopped by submission or even by TKO, shows that he still is a great fighter.

The dude is unnaturally good at lasting through submissions. (That arm choke was in for a while and he lasted a helluva long time in the triangle in the Werdum fight)

I hope he doesn't retire, but I think he is still a dominant force in the HW division.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    At least I'm in the top 15.

Sweeney Tom on
    edited February 2011
    180851_193434280680591_183083395049013_627693_4125440_n%255B1%255D.jpg

815165 on
    edited February 2011
    The saddest picture

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited February 2011
    mojojoeo wrote: »

Koscheck's eye looked way worse than Fedor's did, but that fight went for a full 25 minutes and wasn't stopped. A different doctor definitely could have made a different decision.

I don't remember Kos' nose looking like Fedor's did, also the fight could have easily been stopped while Silva was in full mount blasting away

Metal Jared on
    edited February 2011
    I think Fedor was intelligently defending himself.

He wasn't deflecting all of the blows, but he was stopping some and trying to wrestle the giant dude off of him.

Edit: Seriously though, a large man like Silva is retardedly hard to get off of you in full mount. Fedor was obviously making an effort and wasn't just turtling up. You can't stop a fight because a huge guy sits on you.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • DangerbirdDangerbird Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    That was an epic moment when Fedor went for a leg lock of his own. And it was hillarious when Bigfoot started sassily wagging his finger at Fedor.

For some reason, Fedor is the only fighter I feel emotionally invested in, so I'm probably going to be in a bit of a down mood for the next couple of days. Especially with the retirement announcement.

Dangerbird on
  • Venkman90Venkman90 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    M1 Douche

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EZ_lxgJRFA

I love Fedor, but associating with cretins like this does him no favours and I can see why Dana fucking hates them. The "I expect to be interviewed before the fight" bit...I hoped Helwani would just turn and walk off.

Venkman90 on
  • CangoFettCangoFett Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I wouldve liked to see it go for 1 more round. I could imagine Fedor coming out like a PCP addict and just stomping stuff.

Or getting hurt worse, and making me cry.

One of the two

CangoFett on
    edited February 2011
    TehSpectre wrote: »

He wasn't deflecting all of the blows, but he was stopping some and trying to wrestle the giant dude off of him.

Edit: Seriously though, a large man like Silva is retardedly hard to get off of you in full mount. Fedor was obviously making an effort and wasn't just turtling up. You can't stop a fight because a huge guy sits on you.

Yeah no one is making excuses for Fedor right? He was defending himself? The old eyes closed one hand up defense!
    ept_sports_mma_experts-308883117-1297575241.jpg

Oh and Silva wouldn't have been able to do anything in round 3? What would he have to do to beat this:
    fedor_eye.jpg

I totally understand that Fedor is super popular (I have a Fedor Slurpee cup wooo!) but just stop with the excuses ok? In my opinion he was done. He lost a round at least 10-8 he was mounted with ease and he got rolled. Good game.

He can still fight if he wants he's obviously an excellent fighter but his day seems to be going into twilight

Metal Jared on
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    TehSpectre wrote: »

His cross guard from bottom mount really did stop quite a lot of blows from landing, but it didn't help that it only took one or two huge Bigfoot fists to close your eye like that from that position.

I thought that Fedor almost had the match with his guillotine and kimura attempts, since that's how he usually closes out these types of matches. But Bigfoot was just TOO GODDAMN big to lock them on. Fedor couldn't reach his own wrist on that kimura attempt. :(

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
    edited February 2011
    Well he kind of called the M-1 guy out.

"We talked to you for an hour and a half the last time."

"That was six months ago."

"Yeah, the last time Fedor fought."

:lol:

adytum on
  • DangerbirdDangerbird Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Yeah, I admit I totally wrote Antonio Silva off because of my blind love for Fedor.

Fedor has beaten some guys with huge weight advantages on him before, but hes never fought a 265+ lb brazillian jiu jitsu blackbelt with ok striking and a solid chin before.

It was pretty much over once Silva got the mount on him.

Dangerbird on
  • doug_grammardoug_grammar Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Big Foot was 285 during the fight. 55 pound weight advantage.

Werdum has said that Fedor could've done better on the ground, but since he only trains Sambo, he couldn't get out.

Basically it was a reflection of what we all said. Fedor has failed to adapt his old methods. Can't blame him. They got him to where he is now.

doug_grammar on