As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

the wife has three great attributes: intelligence, a swiss army knife and charm

• Options
    CogliostroCogliostro Marginal Opinions Spring, TXRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I kicked my boyfriend out three and a half months ago today.

Cogliostro on
  • Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    My Valentine's Day is usually spent on the phone with my mother so I can wish her a Happy Birthday and then I have to listen to her freak out about useless crap for a while.

It's a yearly ritual I have to put up with whether I've been single or not. So I've never considered the holiday a big deal.

Sassori on
  • Options
    SaintSaint Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'm going to ask out a girl at my school today. I have a heart-shaped chocolate in my shirt pocket over my heart and I'm gonna hand it to her and it's gonna be cheesy as hellllllll

Saint on
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Go for it brah

Solar on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Hopefully wearing bright red will help as much as Cracked says it will

Saint on
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Yeah try other chemical/brain tricks that's the way to go.

(No it isn't)

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I've sneakily organised a date the day after valentinte's so I avoid of all of the horrible presumptions.

Beasteh you're a handsome young man! What are you taking about, passed you use by date?

Tef on
    help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Cogliostro wrote: »
    I kicked my boyfriend out three and a half months ago today.

cogs don't drive slowly past the Home Depot, man

it's not healthy!

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Nah man I'm wearing ye olde flannel actually just being sarcastic

Saint on
  • Options
    SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    zen- wrote: »
    I got my girlfriend a card which says 'we make one hell of a pear' and there's a picture of a pear on it

I am literally the best boyfriend ever

that's it

take me right here you animal

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • Options
    BoomShakeBoomShake The Engineer Columbia, MDRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Always wondered what it'd be like to be in a relationship on [strike]Valentines Day[/strike] any day.

BoomShake on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2011
    My wife works at Best Buy so we get her discount on everything. Sometimes companies will offer special deals as well. It is the we get things like the 55" LED I'm using right now for around $600 instead of the sticker price of $2500.

This coupled with how awesome she is makes me think my wife is the best ever....

...I would hope any married person on here thinks their wife is the best though.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    This sure is a thread

Those of us with relationship woes should go sit on the corner table and drink a lot and leave the happy people to themselves

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    For the second year in row (well, third year, but second year while I'm dating this one girl) I'm in college hours away from my hometown where my woman is, so it'll probably end up being a Very Skype Valentine's Day. I'll even wear my least-stainy t-shirt.

SimBen on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    BoomShakeBoomShake The Engineer Columbia, MDRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Edcrab wrote: »
    This sure is a thread

Those of us with relationship woes should go sit on the corner table and drink a lot and leave the happy people to themselves

This is going to be a fun Tinychat tonight.

BoomShake on
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    you-re-not-alone.jpg

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    edcrab, wanna sync up redtube and jerk off

but like to the same thing

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Years ago the girlfriend and I came to the conclusion that Valentine's Day is bullshit, and I couldn't be more thankful for it.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2011
    Being in a relationship isn't always good. I've been in some shitty relationships in my life.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    you-re-not-alone.jpg

Aww she looks cute, don't cry, I'd date you.

If I didn't already have my totally awesome and sexy girlfriend. 8-) *speeds off in a convertible, leaving a cloud of dust behind*

SimBen on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    risumonrisumon Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Doing a low key valentines tonight. Having chicken pot pie and wine with the girlfriend. Woo.

risumon on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Yeah I'm not actually depressed. I just think the GIS for alone is hilarious.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    We aren't going out tonight. My Mom is taking the kids all day tomorrow and keeping them over night so we are celebrating our V-Day tomorrow.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    gonna visit the pub and stare at the waitresses

also known as "monday"

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    going out on vday is a pain

Seriously on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    In this town it is ridiculous. All people do here is eat and there aren't that many places so on a regular weekend it can be an hour wait. On Valentine's Day you can expect to wait at least 2 hours everywhere.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    VI leaves all women like that

knowing they'll never have it as good again

Solar on
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    SoaL wrote: »
    edcrab, wanna sync up redtube and jerk off

but like to the same thing

Let's do something different for a change.

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I have a friend who gets on my nerves sometimes, he's always asking me stuff like what I'm doing for V-day (or anniversaries, birthdays, etc.), and then sort of scoffs and says he's doing something so much more romantic with his girlfriend like a super expensive restaurant and buying her clothes or something.

It's cool and all, but sometimes I really feel like he's just insecure and feels the need to compensate by comparing his relationship to the ones around him. At least I'm confident enough to know that mine doesn't hinge on doing some forced bullshit.

SimBen on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    IvarIvar Oslo, NorwayRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    ballantines01.jpg

Happy Ballantine's day everyone!

Now drink up.

Ivar on
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'm going to go to bed early today because I was up at 5 am this morning hitting the gym.

if I point my toes my calves are indistinguishable from those of an Olympic sprinter.

No seriously, my calves are sexy as hell right now.

The rest of me is still a solid 40 pounds over weight, but right now if you took a picture of my calves and put it on the internet, girls would get pregnant, that's all I'm saying.

sarukun on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    we could also listen to "The Dark Side of The Moon" and look for places where the action syncs up

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Seriously wrote: »
    going out on vday is a pain

Yup - that's why we're staying in. Just finding someone to watch the kid is hard enough - just not worth it to fight the hordes of people out tonight.

Lindsay Lohan on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    SimBen wrote: »
    It's cool and all, but sometimes I really feel like he's just insecure and feels the need to compensate by comparing his relationship to the ones around him.

That is exactly what he's doing and you should ignore it because it is retarded.

sarukun on
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I have a friend who gets on my nerves sometimes, he's always asking me stuff like what I'm doing for V-day (or anniversaries, birthdays, etc.), and then sort of scoffs and says he's doing something so much more romantic with his girlfriend like a super expensive restaurant and buying her clothes or something.

It's cool and all, but sometimes I really feel like he's just insecure and feels the need to compensate by comparing his relationship to the ones around him. At least I'm confident enough to know that mine doesn't hinge on doing some forced bullshit.

tell him you're taking your girlfriend to the BBQ shack for wings

then watching taped pro wrestling marathons

Seriously on
  • Options
    JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I wonder if I should've gotten Ben present for today.

hmmmm

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Seriously wrote: »

tell him you're taking your girlfriend to the BBQ shack for wings

then watching taped pro wrestling marathons

You know, that's nearly what we did on our first anniversary. Went out to a sit-down restaurant that's by no means high-class (where I had ribs and spaghetti and a Pepsi), then came back home and watched some marathon Battlestar Galactica.

I love her.

SimBen on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    DeaconBluesDeaconBlues __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2011
    All these single people - makes me feel kinda bad I have both a wife and a girlfriend.

Sorry for hogging all the women, guys.

DeaconBlues on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    babyeatingjesusbabyeatingjesus Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    My wife is carrying my son, that's pretty awesome.

She also, being pregnant, cares nothing for flowers or gifts of any kind that are not food. As such I believe we are ordering a pizza.

She ALSO is keeping our financial house in order to facilitate my return to school because she saw how stressed and unhappy I was working in the print industry, even though it means she can't buy herself things like she used to.

babyeatingjesus on
    hitthatcheeseburgerfatty.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    All these single people - makes me feel kinda bad I have both a wife and a girlfriend.

Sorry for hogging all the women, guys.

Stop hogging all the herpes while you're at it.

... wait.

sarukun on