As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

the wife has three great attributes: intelligence, a swiss army knife and charm

• SilmarilSilmaril Mr Ha Ha Hapless. Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Snowbeat wrote: »
    Silmaril wrote: »
    last year I specified I didn't want anything. also he got into a car accident. this year he is afghanistan and apparently sending me something. I feel kinda bad cause I didn't get anything specifically for valentine's day for him cause I assumed last year's rules were in place again!
    you're dating a country?

Man, thats just greedy.

brings a whole new meaning to "getting around"

I mean, just the logistics of it is mindblowing.

Silmaril on
    t9migZb.jpg
  • Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Wanna be dat Nation.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • AsharaxxAsharaxx Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Spending this Valentine's Day deployed, though I got chocolate sent to the Mrs.

But I should be getting home very soon, and we'll go out for a nice* belated dinner.

*Nice, in my little town, being something like Red Lobster or Olive Garden.

Asharaxx on
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'm making dinner, Sheri bought a bottle of champagne, and we're mostly going to have a nice night in.

I'm not a fan of Valentine's day, though I don't really hate it, so I'm thinking of this as just us having a nice dinner tonight when we've both got the evening off.

Javen on
    edited February 2011
    After our first valentines together, when the girl asked me to pick up my own valentines card whilst I was at the supermarket, we haven't done valentines.

Now we just use it as an excuse to get KFC.

Silmaril on
    t9migZb.jpg
  • bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    last year I specified I didn't want anything. also he got into a car accident. this year he is afghanistan and apparently sending me something. I feel kinda bad cause I didn't get anything specifically for valentine's day for him cause I assumed last year's rules were in place again!
    you're dating a country?

Man, thats just greedy.

brings a whole new meaning to "getting around"

I mean, just the logistics of it is mindblowing.

we make it work.

bowtiedseal on
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    SimBen wrote: »
    Wait, the Keg? In Montreal?

The Keg is a chain.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'm not really sure I get what there is to dislike about Valentine's Day. If you don't want to spend money, don't!

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    aw I just got a valentines drawin card aw aw guess who I'm not sharing it with

you guys

Kochikens on
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Nothing to dislike about Valentines day. If you're dating, it's an excuse to go do something. Single? You're allowed to bitch about it (but not too much).

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I love not having to go out tonight. I hate getting dressed up.

Sassori on
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    If I owned nice clothes I'd throwing them on whenever I could.

Dentist appointment? "Hold on, Doctor, let me adjust my cummerbund."

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• AMP'dAMP'd Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Dubh wrote: »
    AMP'd wrote: »
    sarukun wrote: »
    Mortal Sky wrote: »
    My right hand is nice, but I prefer my left

I have something to tell you...

dread-pirate-roberts.png

Oh, well done.

slow claps all around

Ladies and gentlemen,

MY VALENTINES DAY

:(

Sonny, true love is the greatest thing in the world - except for a nice MLT - mutton, lettuce and tomato sandwich, where the mutton is nice and lean and the tomato is ripe...

AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2011
    Haha. I just always get stressed out about it because I'm putting an actual effort into what I'm wearing and I still think I look like crap after it's over with.

Plus my last boyfriend always wanted us to dress up whenever we went on dates anywhere and I hated walking around in heels for hours.

Sassori on
    edited February 2011
    Sassori wrote: »
    Haha. I just always get stressed out about it because I'm putting an actual effort into what I'm wearing and I still think I look like crap after it's over with.

Plus my last boyfriend always wanted us to dress up whenever we went on dates anywhere and I hated walking around in heels for hours.

No offence, but he sounds like an idiot.

And other sweeping statements based on only 0.1% of the information.

Silmaril on
    t9migZb.jpg
  • KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    If I owned nice clothes I'd throwing them on whenever I could.

Dentist appointment? "Hold on, Doctor, let me adjust my cummerbund."

I thought you said cumberbatch for a second

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_laxop6fq2z1qc7mlko1_500.gif

Kochikens on
    edited February 2011

Try wearing a suit. 8-)

tKochi- Pfffhaha

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

edited February 2011

He just had a lot of feelings and I'm more practical. What is the point of me putting on a dress and heels to go sit in a dark movie theater? I'd rather be comfortable and in shoes that I don't care are touching a sticky floor.

Sassori on
  • BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    We went to go see Dr. Zhivago last night at a theater and I was a bit disappointed it wasn't a better movie

BusterK on
    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
    edited February 2011

Try wearing a suit. 8-)

tKochi- Pfffhaha

I got myself a suit jacket the other day. I wore it for a judicial hearing I had to conduct. I think I looked rather classy.

Sassori on
  • bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    dang getting dressed up for a regular movie theater seems a bit like overkill

bowtiedseal on
    edited February 2011

Try wearing a suit. 8-)

tKochi- Pfffhaha

I got myself a suit jacket the other day. I wore it for a judicial hearing I had to conduct. I think I looked rather classy.

It would be hard not to, with a decent suit jacket. :^:

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• redheadredhead Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    zen- wrote: »
    I got my girlfriend a card which says 'we make one hell of a pear' and there's a picture of a pear on it

I am literally the best boyfriend ever

i love this way more than i should

redhead on
  • AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I got Lady SH some flowers yesterday to surprise her after work. And uh I'm gonna propose to her sometime soonish and in the meantime I've driving her crazy with antici

pation

and we usually do something tomorrow cause it'll be our 2 1/2 year anniversary and restaurants won't be as crowded.

Abracadaniel on
  • lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

He just had a lot of feelings and I'm more practical. What is the point of me putting on a dress and heels to go sit in a dark movie theater? I'd rather be comfortable and in shoes that I don't care are touching a sticky floor.

SHE DOESN'T EVEN GO HERE

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Smart Hero wrote: »
    I got Lady SH some flowers yesterday to surprise her after work. And uh I'm gonna propose to her sometime soonish and in the meantime I've driving her crazy with antici

pation

and we usually do something tomorrow cause it'll be our 2 1/2 year anniversary and restaurants won't be as crowded.

d'aww

skettios on
  • Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Smart Hero wrote: »

pation

Does she know you're going to propose to her?

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Yeah but not how or when

It is delicious

Abracadaniel on
  • the wookthe wook Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'm 29 years old and this is the very first Valentine's Day I've spent in a relationship. A relationship that started the day after Valentine's Day last year.

the wook on
  • EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Javen wrote: »
    I'm making dinner, Sheri bought a bottle of champagne, and we're mostly going to have a nice night in.

I'm not a fan of Valentine's day, though I don't really hate it, so I'm thinking of this as just us having a nice dinner tonight when we've both got the evening off.

Probably one of the healthier attitudes compared to a lot of the other approaches I've seen

Treating it like a competition with friends (fuck those guys) or as a bribery exchange for sex (don't fuck those guys) are just two of the horrible alternatives

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • redheadredhead Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    i've always wondered what happens if you've been dating a girl for like a week and then suddenly valentine's day

seems like it would potentially be kind of an awkward situation

redhead on
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    the wook wrote: »
    I'm 29 years old and this is the very first Valentine's Day I've spent in a relationship. A relationship that started the day after Valentine's Day last year.

Well strike me deef and dumb.

Sup man. Grats on your relationship. =D

sarukun on
    edited February 2011
    lostwords wrote: »

SHE DOESN'T EVEN GO HERE

I phrased it that way in hopes that someone would respond with that video.

I love you lostwords. But not in a weird way.

Sassori on
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Edcrab wrote: »
    Javen wrote: »

Probably one of the healthier attitudes compared to a lot of the other approaches I've seen

Treating it like a competition with friends (fuck those guys) or as a bribery exchange for sex (don't fuck those guys) are just two of the horrible alternatives

Valentines day

A day of battle, where only the champions prevail

Solar on
  • the wookthe wook Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

thanks. we're actually not doing anything tonight, because until Friday she thought she had to give a lab meeting today (it got postponed). On Saturday we're going on a picnic and then to a show.

However, after I got out of lab at midnight last night, I did stop by the store and pick her up a single rose to surprise her at 12:30. I'm smooth like that.

the wook on
  • DeaconBluesDeaconBlues __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2011
    bloody hearts ripped from ribcages adorn the walls

DeaconBlues on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011

thanks. we're actually not doing anything tonight, because until Friday she thought she had to give a lab meeting today (it got postponed). On Saturday we're going on a picnic and then to a show.

However, after I got out of lab at midnight last night, I did stop by the store and pick her up a single rose to surprise her at 12:30. I'm smooth like that.

Very smooth. Keep on keepin' it classy.

sarukun on
  • SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I got Javen PAXEast tickets

But I got them two days ago so they wouldn't look like a Valentine's Day gift

Don't tell him, guys

Sheri on
    edited February 2011
    Good job we don't have anything planned tonight. Someone decided their valentines sucked, and threw themselves under a train at Surbiton, and now the trains are all fucked.

Goddammit, I'm hungry.

Silmaril on
    t9migZb.jpg
  • DaricDaric Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Sheri, he got you Muhammad Ali Monopoly, don't tell him I told you

Daric on
    cc61181c22f23454a304a4f1f0867845044.gif