As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Conversion: m4v to wmv

oncelingonceling Registered User regular
edited February 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
So I'm using Windows Movie Maker to make a short video for class, and it only supports a few file types.

The creative commons video material I am using is generally in weird file types (ogv and so on) but I managed to get them into m4v but this still won't let me use them in Movie Maker.

Handbrake won't output to ANYTHING that Movie Maker can read and all the converters on CNET and download.com are either putting watermarks on the work or crap out after one file.

Are there any good converters available for free that will convert m4v to wmv or something else I can use?

I feel like I'm back in 1995 here, I thought the internet had become better since then.

onceling on

• pacbowlpacbowl Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    pacbowl on
    steammicro.php?id=pacbowl&pngimg=background&tborder=0
  • oncelingonceling Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Dude... <3

I'm set.

But on this subject, Google really failed at this one. Like, a bunch of spammy trash and that was it. Is it just me or is Google becoming completely full of absolute useless junk? Why even bother using it?

onceling on
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    onceling wrote: »
    Dude... <3

I'm set.

But on this subject, Google really failed at this one. Like, a bunch of spammy trash and that was it. Is it just me or is Google becoming completely full of absolute useless junk? Why even bother using it?

It's not just you. Google is full of spammy junk, and they don't care because they still get ad revenue out of it. We keep using it because there's nothing better out there.

admanb on
  • ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Ooh. Pretty. I'll have to give this a shot too.

Been using VLC for transcoding, but it sometimes gets weird when converting to Theora.

ArbitraryDescriptor on