As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[League of Legends]Why did Riot servers go down for ten hours on patch day? For rest.

• bigwahbigwah Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    how can i move my buddy list back to the left side. i hate change.

bigwah on
    LoL Tribunal:
    "Was cursing, in broken english at his team, and at our team. made fun of dead family members and mentioned he had sex with a dog."
    "Hope he dies tbh but a ban would do."
  • übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Sokpuppet wrote: »
    I just realized who Riot remind me of...

anyone here ever watch any "Sealab 2020"?
    Marco: Calm down, I'll see what I can do about finding your little toy.
    Captain Murphy: It's not a toy. It makes real cupcakes, with a 40 watt bulb, and there's icing packets. But the secret ingredient is -love-. Damn it.
    Marco: Just try to calm down, go have some pudding.
    Captain Murphy: Pudding can't fill the emptiness inside me! But it'll help.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Changing the meta in premade ranked 5s, one lanewick soraka double jungle combo at a time

Blitz Olaf jungled took smite
    Warwick ashe me soloed

Onvr6.png

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Pendragon confirms, IP amounts are a bug right now.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    http://www.own3d.tv/live/12195

I'm on that stream atm for some strange reason

(queued with him but the queue is longggggggg)

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Banana-ManBanana-Man Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Who designed Vladimir again? Was it Ezreal?

Because I want to punch him.

Banana-Man on
    :shock:
  • SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    http://www.own3d.tv/live/12195

I'm on that stream atm for some strange reason

(queued with him but the queue is longggggggg)

Watching.

He sounds stoned...

Sokpuppet on
    edited February 2011
    no point sok the queue is broken I think. I'll post here if we get a game :(

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
    edited February 2011
    That's okay, I've got about six streams going in parallel.

Sokpuppet on
    edited February 2011
    Whee queue popped.

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Heeeheeeheee.

Oh Fiddlesticks, you are so funny to play.

Folks don't seem familiar with his bouncing bird anymore. I got a lot of rage and some double kills from people walking hand in hand back to their tower.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I play Sion. I stun a man. He is in the middle of the nowhere, with nothing in the way of our Blitz' grab.

Blitz misses the grab.

Repeat this scenario four times.

Now you have a simple summary of my last game.

Bethryn on
    ...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I just went 30-14-10 with xin and we lost :(. Team was to damn afraid to engage.

projectmayhem on
  • MonkeyConQuesoMonkeyConQueso No more MH Claw Happy handsRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Right...how the hell does one build Maokai? I've built him mostly tanky (RoA, Sunfire, Frozen Heart - does squat in soloQQ where people won't take advantage of openings), I've built him AP (had bad match-ups and a feeder), built him AP with cooldown...

He has a strong lane presence and can really wear down the enemy team, but can be easily out harassed if facing any other disable teams (cho+swain was a dirty, dirty combo). Starting out with seed if you're laning with non-burst seems a good way, and if you're with burst, start on with the flash/snare.

Any ways...who's got some ideas?

MonkeyConQueso on
    PSN : Aubvry ;; WiiU/XBL/Steam : MonkeyConQueso ;; 3DS FC : 4553-9982-3786
    Destiny! : Warlock - Titan - Hunter
    edited February 2011
    standard lichbane build could work out. his Q has like a 3 second cooldown.

FoN is probably a better bet for survivability - you want to stick around for as long as possible in a fight. Zhonya's another good option, maybe GA.

Hard to know what the best options are til I get some games in.

Sokpuppet on
  • LunysgwenLunysgwen Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Trundle is pretty boss with a Zilean backing him up and my new runepage with him (200atk dmg with no real damage items at level 18.) He can tank and do SO much damage. No one ever gets away.

Lunysgwen on
    edited February 2011
    Great Victory for that game

same double jungle madness >_>

OujRT.png

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Look at that awful Ezreal.

Talith on
    7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I feel so dirty, having started a smurf account to test out the referral thing. Unless I screwed something up with my referral link; I don't think you can smurf them up. I feel extra dirty having done this in my first game. I can't believe I was probably just as bad when I started.

I'm Malzahar.
    carthuun.jpg

Saldonas on
    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Saldonas wrote: »
    I feel so dirty, having started a smurf account to test out the referral thing. Unless I screwed something up with my referral link; I don't think you can smurf them up. I feel extra dirty having done this in my first game. I can't believe I was probably just as bad when I started.

I'm Malzahar.
    carthuun.jpg
    New account needs to hit Level 10.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    you should be ashamed of yourself

Xaquin on
    edited February 2011
    Spectrum wrote: »

I'm Malzahar.
    carthuun.jpg

Odd, the website said 5 but I'll keep going and see if it's a typo/bug like some other things.

Saldonas on
  • BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    look at all those boots

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Spectrum wrote: »

I'm Malzahar.
    carthuun.jpg

Odd, the website said 5.
    Pretty sure it's 10, from what I have been told, but sure let's go with that.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

I'm Malzahar.
    carthuun.jpg

Oh god that poor Kayle

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    edited February 2011
    Well, we're getting something (as was predicted), we just don't know what yet.
    Summoners!

It has been brought to our attention that there is an error in the calculations of our new XP / IP system. Completed games are currently granting lower IP values than we intended, and we are working as quickly as we can to correct the issue. Regrettably, this will require a restart of the PvP.net platform sometime in the next couple of hours. If this timeframe changes, we will let you know.

Please accept our apologies for the error and for any disruption that this may have caused to your patch day plans. We will be compensating all those summoners who logged in and played a game today. Stay tuned for an update on the projected downtime window, and for more details about the compensation we will be issuing after the problem is fixed. Thank you for your patience, and for bearing with us while we work to correct the issue.

Saldonas on
    edited February 2011
    IP boost is a safe assumption

Sokpuppet on
  • Fizban140Fizban140 Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2011
    If everything goes right I will probably be streaming tomorrow around 11 am CST or so, depending upon show much study time I feel like not doing.

I think I will name my channel Purgatory.

Fizban140 on
    edited February 2011
    Well, there went one hotfix...
    but I just want the damn store to be accessible again so I can buy Mao!

Sokpuppet on
  • DrijenDrijen Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I realllllly wish the store would come up so I could a) get Moaki and b) see if my 300RP boost for buying RP back whenever that promotion was happening went through. My number looks bigger but I took a gaming break for like the last 12 days and I just don't know what it used to be.

Liking new Ryze though! With a strong lane partner you'll be fine to play up till you have a few mid-game item pieces and then people can just start dying. Seeing that ult come down so goddang quickly that you can basically spam it is wonderful.

Drijen on
  • TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Well, we're getting something (as was predicted), we just don't know what yet.
    Summoners!

It has been brought to our attention that there is an error in the calculations of our new XP / IP system. Completed games are currently granting lower IP values than we intended, and we are working as quickly as we can to correct the issue. Regrettably, this will require a restart of the PvP.net platform sometime in the next couple of hours. If this timeframe changes, we will let you know.

Please accept our apologies for the error and for any disruption that this may have caused to your patch day plans. We will be compensating all those summoners who logged in and played a game today. Stay tuned for an update on the projected downtime window, and for more details about the compensation we will be issuing after the problem is fixed. Thank you for your patience, and for bearing with us while we work to correct the issue.

Ugh, 70 minute game gave me 93 XP and 58 IP. Also, 70 minute games are dumb, half my team was awful, and half their team was awful, leaving an okay blitz and yi vs mundo and rammus to face off all over the map.

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
    edited February 2011
    I think they're close to doing a restart or something. Just exited a game with 0 RP and 0 RP.

Ah, there's a patch.

Saldonas on
  • zerg rushzerg rush Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Got a post-patch game in. 31+ minute win, 77 IP.

Yeah, still lower.

zerg rush on
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I gotta try AD nunu more. this could be legit

Jars on
    edited February 2011
    ad nunu with a starks

the starks is key

level blood boil

buff physical carry

watch mans die

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
    edited February 2011
    I went wriggles boots black cleaver frozen mallet(bad idea) win. replacing the mallet with starks would be pretty boss with all that armor pen. long sword+health pot jungle nunu all day

Jars on
    edited February 2011
    seems like wriggle's would be a key item.
    it also seems like it would be borderline cheating...

Sokpuppet on
    edited February 2011
    wriggles nunu melts dragon

Jars on
  • DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    New Ryze is FUN. I still need to get used to the idea that the more I spam my shit, the more people I can snare, and the more people will DIE.

Tear of the goddess, first buy every time.

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • TrusTrus Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    The new UI to que for a game is so cucumbersome

Trus on
    qFN53.png
This discussion has been closed.