As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[League of Legends]Why did Riot servers go down for ten hours on patch day? For rest.

• AsiinaAsiina ... WaterlooRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    so guys, all random all zeal is the best new gamemode. I've only played it a couple of times but it's so hilarious. Everyone takes ghost/revive and you can only build zeals/PD and boots5
    wheeeeeeee.png

Asiina on
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'm really liking Frozen Mallet on Trundle these days, to let him be an annoying dickbag who tanks shit and sits on your backline, but the lack of Sheen/Triforce kills me.

Any suggestions on a late damage item on him? Last game I went Wriggles, Merc's, Frozen Mallet, Thornmail (would have gone Atma's if they didn't have Yi+Ez), Banshee's, ??

Tried going for late Sheen->Triforce, not sure if I like that.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • BatmantisBatmantis Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I love the point in the game when I get frozen mallet on warwick and the enemy team suddenly realizes they can't escape from me anymore.

Batmantis on
    Play with me people!
    LOL: Batmantis
    MTGO: Batmantis88
  • SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Stack tiamats. 2 should do the trick.

Yes, really.
    You're already running Wriggles and his passive procs on nearby unit deaths....

well on your way to some hilarious Q's.

Sokpuppet on
    edited February 2011
    That seems like it would be a funny farming build, but for teamfights? =/

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • MonkeyConQuesoMonkeyConQueso No more MH Claw Happy handsRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    So, I've been doing the following on Mao:

Mana crystal+hpot/mpot
    Catalyst
    Boots1
    Blasting Rod
    RoA
    Boots2
    AmpTome
    Morello's book
    Glacial Shroud vs any team with physical or another Catalyst
    Frozen Heart or Banshee's
    (or you could skip both and go Zhonya's)
    Then...whatever.

He's very sturdy at this point, but hope to hell you have a main tank. I've been getting super focused almost every game, and I don't feel squishy. His Ultimate is amazing in a team fight for everyone, and popping it before everyone leaves the area is great.

I still wish I could build straight AP, but meh, he gets into the middle of things a lot. Haven't tried Zhonya's, but I have a feeling that would work well too.

E: I've only won 1/7 - go go SoloQQ. But I usually have a great laning phase, but I can't stop the train wrecks of other failing lanes :(.

MonkeyConQueso on
    PSN : Aubvry ;; WiiU/XBL/Steam : MonkeyConQueso ;; 3DS FC : 4553-9982-3786
    Destiny! : Warlock - Titan - Hunter
    edited February 2011
    Have you ever actually used a Tiamat?
    It's surprising what having no minions ever can do to an enemy team.

Wriggles, mallet, tiamat x2. Give it a whirl. You may be surprised.

Sokpuppet on
  • nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    lichrally haven't seen maokai all night

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
    edited February 2011
    Sokpuppet wrote: »
    Have you ever actually used a Tiamat?
    It's surprising what having no minions ever can do to an enemy team.

Wriggles, mallet, tiamat x2. Give it a whirl. You may be surprised.
    Yes, I've done it on GP and a couple others, and I've consistently failed to be impressed for what I'm getting price wise.

That said I'll try it out again.
    nealcm wrote: »
    lichrally haven't seen maokai all night
    Store's been busted, people can't buy him.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • CaenemCaenem Sarasota, FLRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I saw one Tree. Guy said he bought it right as the servers went up and he was lagged for 10 minutes after he purchased and the store went down right after. Anyway, the tree on my team was not impressive at all. I couldn't tell if it was him or the tree but my buy before I try rule has definitely been reinforced.

Caenem on
    But you, pig, are a lucky one. Tell us what we wish to know, and you may yet keep your bacon.
    Nemlock for online gaming
    edited February 2011
    Caenem wrote: »
    I saw one Tree. Guy said he bought it right as the servers went up and he was lagged for 10 minutes after he purchased and the store went down right after. Anyway, the tree on my team was not impressive at all. I couldn't tell if it was him or the tree but my buy before I try rule has definitely been reinforced.
    You mean try before you buy?

I heard about one Tree that my buddies played against earlier. He did terrible, but he had pants on head retarded runes and masteries, so that was probably the reason.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
    edited February 2011
    Infinity Edge: 4080 gold, +75 damage, +20% crit chance, 250% crits
    Tiamat (2x): 4140 gold, +84 damage, 100% splash damage, +30 health regen, +8 mana regen

It's all in how you use it. On plank tiamat is a gimmick. On Trundle there's a lot of positive synergy between the splash damage, his passive, and his Q.

not that I've tried this before with him. Just kinda running the numbers as we speak...

Sokpuppet on
    edited February 2011
    Tiamat (2x): 4140 gold, +84 damage, 100% splash damage, +30 health regen, +8 mana regen

It's all in how you use it. On plank tiamat is a gimmick. On Trundle there's a lot of positive synergy between the splash damage, his passive, and his Q.

not that I've tried this before with him. Just kinda running the numbers as we speak...
    I'm a little concerned about the slot economy also, actually. That leaves the last spot for only a single defense item (probably an Atma's if I can get away with it, more likely a Banshee's), which is ehhhh

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I want my real IP... I also want Maoki, come on store, quit being a bitch.

I actually played with a very competent tree earlier guy did pretty good. Then the second tree I saw on opposite team did horrible. I think right now it's more of a getting used to new tree guy thing than "tree sucks".

Prospicience on
  • Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Maoki was be quite a monster with his ult in the game I played against him - I wonder how high the damage reduction is. Also had a game with my brother's Maoki, but I haven't much seen of him to be honest and we lost pretty badly. The sapling ability seems to be rather entertaining however.

Alfred J. Kwak on
  • MonkeyConQuesoMonkeyConQueso No more MH Claw Happy handsRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Maoki was be quite a monster with his ult in the game I played against him - I wonder how high the damage reduction is. Also had a game with my brother's Maoki, but I haven't much seen of him to be honest and we lost pretty badly. The sapling ability seems to be rather entertaining however.

It's 20% reduction to all non-turret damage.

Sapling is hilariously entertaining... "WHHHeeeeeeeeee *thock*" And amazing harass - like, maybe a little better than Gragas barrels, but you can't pop him on demand, but it does chase.

I've been relying on it so much early/mid game that I seriously need to run mana regen runes as well as a mana regen item of some sort. But I'm starting to think that concentrating on it is actually a bad idea. Balancing it with his flash+root might be the way to go.

MonkeyConQueso on
    PSN : Aubvry ;; WiiU/XBL/Steam : MonkeyConQueso ;; 3DS FC : 4553-9982-3786
    Destiny! : Warlock - Titan - Hunter
  • OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    The thought of playing this game just sounds like a chore right now

I think I might just read another book

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I bet you say that every time the server goes down for maintenance

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • zerg rushzerg rush Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Spectrum wrote: »

I'm a little concerned about the slot economy also, actually. That leaves the last spot for only a single defense item (probably an Atma's if I can get away with it, more likely a Banshee's), which is ehhhh

They really need to make a double-tiamat. Like, it costs 400 gold plus two Tiamats as materials, and it's 90 damage, 120% splash (80% ranged), +36 health regen, +10 mana regen, Unique active: Your splash radius increases by 100%.

It's your reward for buying two goddamn tiamats.

zerg rush on
    edited February 2011
    I bet you say that every time the server goes down for maintenance

I didn't even realize it was down again

Figures

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • TrusTrus Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    It's not "technically" down you just can't que for a game

Trus on
    qFN53.png
  • zerg rushzerg rush Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Got a message right after a game that they would be restarting the servers for a bit in 1 hour, and no new games could be made until then. I guess they're just letting people finish out the games they are currently playing.

zerg rush on
  • KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Yeah, I just tried to log in, since it said the servers were active but then it just hangs at the loading data screen after the password is entered.

Kelor on
    edited February 2011
    Can someone tell me why all the LoL streamers put little webcams of themselves in their streams now? I really don't need to see you while you play; trust me.

Trus on
    qFN53.png
  • Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    So you can feel and SEE their intensity.

The INTENSITY! FEEL IT! SEE IT!

Mr.Sunshine on
  • ArkadyArkady Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    So you can feel and SEE their intensity.

The INTENSITY! FEEL IT! SEE IT!

Most of the people who do that just look ridiculous, making silly faces of concentration the whole time. Makes me wonder if I do the same thing.

Arkady on
    untitled-1.jpg
    LoL: failboattootoot
    edited February 2011
    Again, the only streamer whose webcam usage I actually like is LocoDoco. If you're just going to record you staring at the screen and occasionally looking irritated, then what's the point, nobody wants to watch that.

What makes Loco's having a webcam good is his reactions are actually entertaining, meaning there is actually a purpose behind him using it.

OremLK on
    edited February 2011
    Server is back up

Trus on
    qFN53.png
    edited February 2011
    Also for the next OP which I know should be posted sometime today, can I suggest we add direct links to TreeEskimo's and Roku's streams, since I know they're really popular among PAers?

My other favorites include SoloMid (mostly for GuardsmanBob and LocoDoco), EpikGamer (DanDinh), and Wickd (for the EU angle), although I don't know if we want to bog down the OP that much or not.

OremLK on
  • SuMa.LustreSuMa.Lustre Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    EU metagame breaks my brain

SuMa.Lustre on
  • WhiteSharkWhiteShark Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    OremLK wrote: »
    Also for the next OP which I know should be posted sometime today, can I suggest we add direct links to TreeEskimo's and Roku's streams, since I know they're really popular among PAers?

My other favorites include SoloMid (mostly for GuardsmanBob and LocoDoco), EpikGamer (DanDinh), and Wickd (for the EU angle), although I don't know if we want to bog down the OP that much or not.

all of these should be linked

all good ideas

WhiteShark on
    edited February 2011

Why? It makes a shit ton of sense honestly. Having your carry duo lane with a support will hurt their experience, but they can still farm piles of gold and, more importantly, be relatively safe from ganks as opposed to when they mid and they are basically at the whimsy of how the lane pushes. The difference between say, a level 12 ashe and a level 16 ashe is not that significant. I mean, it doesn't make sense in the context of solo queues because good luck getting your randomed support to sit there passively letting the carry farm up, but in 5v5 ranked?

Arkady on
    untitled-1.jpg
  • SuMa.LustreSuMa.Lustre Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    irelia and malzahar being high picks confuses me greatly

also wit's end everywhere

SuMa.Lustre on
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    We fucking had links to streams in the OP, and relevent info

But nooooo someone had to gut it and not replace anything

Zen Vulgarity on
  • ZoelefZoelef Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Livestream Database: http://2o.to/lol/s/

Zoelef on
  • CutfangCutfang Dancing Bagel WalessssssssRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    The best stream is Guardsman Bobs anyway. The guy never rages.

My fervent apologies to all those that were unfortunate enough to be in the same game/ventrilo channel as me last night. I woke up 10minutes before a house viewing too.

Cutfang on
    Dancing Bagel
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    You drunken miscreant

Zen Vulgarity on
    edited February 2011
    irelia and malzahar being high picks confuses me greatly

also wit's end everywhere

Irelia and malz are both pretty good, and wits end is a nice item now that it just does 42 damage regardless of mana.

Arkady on
    untitled-1.jpg
    edited February 2011
    Arkady wrote: »

Why? It makes a shit ton of sense honestly. Having your carry duo lane with a support will hurt their experience, but they can still farm piles of gold and, more importantly, be relatively safe from ganks as opposed to when they mid and they are basically at the whimsy of how the lane pushes. The difference between say, a level 12 ashe and a level 16 ashe is not that significant. I mean, it doesn't make sense in the context of solo queues because good luck getting your randomed support to sit there passively letting the carry farm up, but in 5v5 ranked?

I have a lot of issues with it. Yeah it makes some sense in that carries scale more with gold than levels, but I really hate wasting a strong solo lane like a Corki, an MF, or a Tristana when they could be getting even stronger by themselves and do just fine without a babysitter (so much more important than beefing up a tank). Also, in the case of Trist particularly but also Corki to an extent, their mechanics tend to naturally push the lane, which makes a squishy support/carry bottom lane very vulnerable to jungle ganks.

All of that said I'm opposed to rigid lane assignments in general. I really think people need to stop forming habits and just doing things that way because "that's how it's done"--it can definitely restrict your team from having the most favorable lane matchups.

Also be more willing to switch lanes when the opportunity presents itself.

And yeah Guardsman Bob's personality is great, I wouldn't put him on quite the same level as some of the other streamers though as a player, and nobody matches TreeEskimo's commentary for teaching (in my opinion) or Roku's for his sheer sense of fun

OremLK on
  • zeenyzeeny Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I saw something I haven't seen before. Olaf Ragnorok-running around with Malz ult on him. Was pretty confused, I could swear that if you ult Olaf with WW during Ragnarok, nothing happens, however this Malz was still doing damage.

zeeny on
This discussion has been closed.