As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Phallopolis - September - Heroes Win!

PsychoLarry1PsychoLarry1 Registered User regular
edited June 2007 in Critical Failures
January - And he asked him, What is thy name? And he answered, saying, My name is Legion: for we are many.

It was a day like any other in Phallopolis for intrepid reporter Rick Rickerstaff. He was on his way to interview the Chief of Police about recent allegations of corruption in the PPD. Passing bums wearing scrap metal from the last fight between Wondero and Biomass, Rick could hear the gun battle for Shit Harbor from across the city. He shook his head, why would anyone want to live in a place called Shit Harbor, much less kill for it. Then, just as things couldn't get any more ordinary, they got more ordinary. Bursting through the street, a thirty foot tall beast studded in metal spikes roared and smashed the police station to pieces. Bodies of police officers flew everywhere as the beast laughed. It turned to the slightly stunned populace as it plucked an impaled detective off of a claw and laughed.

In a voice that made men wet themselves it said "Citizens of Phalla! Your doom is at hand! I am Tyrant and I will -" And that was it. Tyrant had ceased talking to stare at the Buick sized hole where its chest used to be. "Oh well." Was all it could manage before toppling to the street and crushing Rick's car under its weight. "Fuck!" he said, referring both to the loss of his car and the dramatic and swift end of Tyrant's reign.

Floating overhead, a creature hovered, dressed in a black so dark it pained the eyes. Set into a blue skull two eyes blazed with a yellow light that illuminated the street. It spoke to the crowd in a voice that was all of their voices at once. "Humans, we have heard great cries of suffering from this place for ages, cries that have stretched across the depths of space. Our powers are limitless, and come to end this pain. We are Legion, and though we do not understand your morality, we know that you the sufferers will guide our hand to swiftly end this conflict. Think well on who must be destroyed to bring peace, and send someone forth to speak for your multitudes. We will return in one of your months." And then it was gone. When Rick could again control his body and stop drooling, he wondered if anyone had brought a camera.

1. Balefuego - Blowed up by Timer
2. Last son
3. Plutonium - Mashed by RAGE
4. TehSpectre
5. Munkus Beaver - Shot by the New Revenger
6. Zerinan - Aped by Punchline
7. Robothero
8. Saburbia - Blasted by the New Revenger
9. CJ Iwakura - Torched by Legion
10. Grundlterror
11. Squashua
12. GrimmyTOA
13. Typhus733 - Chucked into space by Legion
14. Buzz Buzz - Splattered by ManMountain
15. Senior Fish - Patriotically killed by Timer
16. MrBlarney - Touring the moon thanks to Legion
17. Gleve - Torched by Legion
18. Frandelgearslip - Shot by the New Revenger
19. Hakkekage - Mashed by RAGE
20. Shamus Chucked into the sun by Legion
21. Tofu
22. Anaximander - splattered by the New Revenger
23. Gnasty
24. Variable - Caught by Timer's Shrapnel
25. Lignisse - Aped by Punchline
26. Tuxkamen - Heart Attacked by Venus
27. Thorgot - Exploded by the New Revenger
28. B:L - Tobacco'd by Punchline
29. Inquisitor - Not Guilty!
30. Acidserra - Mashed by RAGE
31. Citizen - His days were numbered by Timer
32. Kin33 - Squashed by Legion
33. Locus
34. Aldo - Mashed and Turned to Fertilizer by Professor Death Science! and ManMountain
35. life3 - Fried by Timer
36. DevoutlyApathetic - Clocked by Timer
37. Serpent - Marionette'd by Punchline
38. PrecisionK - Mashed by ManMountain?
39. Threelemmings - Punched through the chest by Gabriel Gates
40. Tabasco - Mashed by RAGE
41. Jdarksun
42. FunkywaltDogg - Marionette'd by Punchline
43. A penguin - RAGE SMASH!
44. Abraham F. Hawk - Zapped by the Editor
45. Celebrim - Zapped by the Editor
46. Visiblehowl - Marionette'd by Punchline
47. Telcus - Smashed by RAGE then shot by the New Revenger
48. Rygar
49. James Drum - Killed by Tyrant
50. Ignominayrathes - Killed by Legion

Currently Missing from Phallopolis:
Chief of Police
Tyrant
The Revenger
Der Welp
Cold Front
The Bolt
Punchline
Professor Death Science!
Timer
R.O.B.B.O.T.
The Thunder
RAGE
Boxxer
3 B.L.A.S.T. members
17 Phallopolis Citizens

Month 1 Narration
Month 2 Narration
Month 3 Narration
Month 4 Narration
Month 5 Narration
Month 6 Narration
Month 7 Narration
Month 8 Narration
Role PMs
Role list
Venus PMs
Internal Mechanics and Group Reasoning

PsychoLarry1 on

• PsychoLarry1PsychoLarry1 Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    My Rules let me show you them–
    To be clear, this game will be taking place over a “year” where every turn is a month rather than a night. Every turn every player should make two votes:

And execution vote thusly: I !vote for Jason Todd to be excecuted
    And an election vote for the Legion Speaker: I !vote for Lex Luthor to be Speaker

Rather than add extra votes and confusing, I’m not even going to bother with retractions. I will be taking the last vote made by every player before closing as their vote.

Voting will close 11pm EST every night based on the forum timestamp. Even if I do not make it to announce voting closed, 11 is the cut off.

The Legion Speaker - This role is similar to the General Secretary from the Soviet Phalla run earlier.
    The Legion Speaker is the direct link to Legion and has the following abilities:
    -The Legion Speaker is immune to the vote while speaker
    -The Legion Speaker may veto any execution vote
    -Following the Narration the Legion Speaker will ask the Question for the Editor discussed later
    -No player may be elected Legion Speaker two turns in a row. No player may be elected Legion Speaker more than twice in the game.
    -The Legion Speaker must publicly post his or her veto within 10 minutes of voting close

Question for the Editor – This is a limited information game. You do not know the abilities of the roles, and there are a number of hidden mechanics. Following the narration every night the Speaker will ask a Question for the Editor. This question may be about any of the roles or any of the game mechanics and will be answered in full. Don’t try anything dumb or try to break the game with these, use them to gain useful information. Here are some examples of bad questions:
    -“Who is the player with the Seer role?”
    -“Is Ardor telling the truth about his role?”
    -“What is love?”
    Here are some examples of good questions:
    -“What abilities does Spider-Man have?”
    -“What happens when the Justice League is created?”
    -“Will you touch me there Psycho?”

Roles - These names of the Heroes and Villains:
    Heroes:
    Der Hund
    The Bolt
    The Revenger
    B.L.A.S.T. Agents x3
    Boxxer
    Der Welp
    The Thunder
    Stockpile
    Gale Force

Villains:
    Punchline
    ManMountain
    Professor Death Science!
    Timer
    R.O.B.B.O.T
    Cold Front
    RAGE

There is one item, though it has not yet been given out.
    There are two Special Events that may or may not occur.

Narration will reveal who died and how, and which roles died, but not together. Here is an example of a result:
    Stan Lee was elected Legion Speaker
    Warren Ellis was killed by Legion
    Grant Morrison was killed by the Joker
    Dan Didio was found frozen in a block of ice
    Alan Moore was found missing a bearded head.
    Mark Waid was found smashed to bits
    Flash, and Captain America have been missing from the city, as have 3 citizens

Order of Events: 1) Guardian abilities go into effect 2) Item used 3) Villain abilities 4) Hero abilities 5) Execution.

Win Conditions: Village – Remove all agents of evil! Villains – Outnumber the do-gooders and innocents! Eliminate at least 9 Heroes.

Not Even Bucky Stays Dead clause: There is a small chance that characters will come back from the dead. While this chance varies based on roles, you will not be informed of which character came back, only that, say LadyEri has returned from the dead and resumed her role. There is an extremely small chance that two players may return, but this will only happen once at most. This means no Dead thread, as the chance for reveals and meta-gaming becomes too great.

You’re all good players, so I hope it won’t come to this, but I will replace anyone who doesn’t meet at least 2 posts per day with an Alternate. If we run out of alternates or reach day 5 I’m going to start zapping you with my editorial power.

You may not contact anonymously, you may not post role PMs (though you may reveal roles if you really want to). I realize you’re all used to dead threads, and I’m sorry to have to ban it. I’m fine with a couple ghost posts right after you die, just don’t be obnoxious about it. I can always decide not to bring you back.

All ability PMs must arrive before voting closes, with the exception of the Veto, which must be publicly posted within 10 minutes of the vote closing.

Finally, everyone has been sent a copy of the Normal Citizen PM. Here it is:
    Phallopolis Citizen – You know, except for the buildings constantly falling over, the banks constantly being robbed, the cars constantly used as clubs, the usually high death rate, the ridiculous insurance charges, and the near certainty that you will be used as a hostage at least one a month, Phallopolis is a pretty great city to live in. You sure feel lucky to have so many brave heroes out there to fight for you, and if having your house blown up is the price you have to pay so be it! With Legion showing up, you finally get a say in what happens in Phallopolis too! I bet that Legion guy could throw a mean pass, the Phallopolis Cougars should try to recruit him.
    Every night you vote to eliminate the villains of the city and elect a Legion Speaker.
    Please ask for any clarification so I may add it here.

Clarifications:
    "Does a person become elected speaker before or after the execution?" - After. There is no Speaker veto on the first night. To make this fair for the round one executee, if at least 50% of you vote to veto (I !veto the execution[/color) it will have the same effect as the Speaker veto, though vote closing covers this vote as per usual.

"If the vote gets vetoed does the 2nd place person bite it? Or is there no village kill that night?" - If there is a veto there is no kill from the village that night.

I forgot to mention this, and it was something I meant to let everyone know: The villains have been split into three groups. These groups are not necessarily equal in number, though they may be.

PsychoLarry1 on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Remember, kids, a vote for Slapstick is a vote for unparalled glory. !vote cj iwakura

The party will never stop.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I'm pretty sure no one wants to vote for a clown.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    *steps out of the shadows*

Hold your fire, I'm here to talk.

Yeah, I'm not a people person. Never have been. Never will.

But I'm willing to work with you guys, for now. You see, we have a mutual problem here. I ain't taking sides here, but no matter which side you're on, you're screwed if you don't take care of this problem.

Help me out here, and I'll help you. !Vote Shamus for execution, and this city will be a safer place for you and me.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    It worked for Tim Curry.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Is there a compelling reason for this vote (besides his obviously inhumane buggery of chicken-like creatures)?

tuxkamen on

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I would like to reiterate my reasoning behind voting for yours truly; namely, my boneless pink cat.

Plus, if you elect me, you get to make pussy jokes.

Do it.

I !vote visiblehowl.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    And so it begins!

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Question: Does the first night end tonight at 11:00, or tomorrow at 11:00?

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
    edited May 2007
    Tomorrow at 11, I think.

!I vote Buzz Buzz for Legion Speaker because poor guy should have some insurance against death in the beginning hours of any game :P

Hakkekage on
  • Buzz BuzzBuzz Buzz Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Larry said in the signup topic that it would end Thursday night, so I'm betting tomorrow at 11.

[EDIT] And aww, shucks. How thoughtful of you, Hakkekage. :)

Buzz Buzz on
  • ZerinanZerinan Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I think I'll vote for Buzz Buzz to be our Legion Speaker as well, because I promised not to be involved in her death in any way what so ever, so I figured voting for her to be Speaker is the opposite of death. :P

Edit: Oh, it's supposed to be colored lime. It's fixed now. :P

Zerinan on
    6394_970621.png
    edited May 2007
    Buzz Buzz wrote: »
    Larry said in the signup topic that it would end Thursday night, so I'm betting tomorrow at 11.

[EDIT] And aww, shucks. How thoughtful of you, Hakkekage. :)

Should we vote for you to die too, just so you get the thrill of immunity?

tuxkamen on

Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    edited May 2007
    Zerinan wrote: »
    I think I'll vote for Buzz Buzz to be our Legion Speaker as well, because I promised not to be involved in her death in any way what so ever, so I figured voting for her to be Speaker is the opposite of death. :P

Edit: Oh, it's supposed to be colored lime. It's fixed now. :P
    Hey. The Buzz is a man, baby. :winky:

And tux...God no. Because then somehow I'll get blocked from Speakerdom and you'll all kill me and I'll be sad forever.

Buzz Buzz on
  • ZerinanZerinan Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    God damn it! Why can't I type with sexually ambiguous pronouns?! This keeps getting me in trouble!

Edit: I should just keep quiet so I don't make myself look stupid.

Zerinan on
    6394_970621.png
  • GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I love day one. I'll !vote Buzz Buzz for Speaker. I'm tired of picking on him on day one anyway. :P

GrimmyTOA on
  • GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Zerinan wrote: »
    God damn it! Why can't I type with sexually ambiguous pronouns?! This keeps getting me in trouble!

Edit: I should just keep quiet so I don't make myself look stupid.

And you ask why you always get killed off so early. :P

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Once again, here is the opening spreadsheet: Link (as of Post 1).

A repeat question that should go in the rules post: How long does the Speaker have to veto an execution? I think someone said up to 10 minutes after the close of vote, but I think it should bear repeating.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    'aight guys Iron Man is going on vacation.

Don't ruin the world while I'm gone

Hylianbunny on
    edited May 2007
    Zerinian, I'm the girl, Buzz Buzz is the peener.

HYLIAN
    NOOOOOOOOO

Hakkekage on
    edited May 2007
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    Once again, here is the opening spreadsheet: Link (as of Post 1).

A repeat question that should go in the rules post: How long does the Speaker have to veto an execution? I think someone said up to 10 minutes after the close of vote, but I think it should bear repeating.

From the OP:
    All ability PMs must arrive before voting closes, with the exception of the Veto, which must be publicly posted within 10 minutes of the vote closing.

See you later Iron Man. Does that mean that alternate #1 (Spectre, I think?) is going to be gracing us with his presence?

GrimmyTOA on
    edited May 2007
    Oh snap, really?

Don't ever vote me for Speaker. I always fall asleep before vote closes. Always.

That's why I died last game :(

Hakkekage on
  • HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Probably, yeah

Hylianbunny on
    edited May 2007
    Fun fact: Interestingly, my avatar was a (pitiful) superhero long before this game.

You shall not desecrate these vegetables with your dark energy!

Anyway, without voting for anyone for Speaker yet, now that we know what the Legion is (aliens? Not 'villains' anyway), perhaps we should start thinking of good questions to ask?

tuxkamen on

edited May 2007
    GrimmyTOA wrote: »
    From the OP:

Oh, okay. Excellent. Moving on....

EDIT: Actually, order of operations could make a difference: does a person become elected speaker before or after the execution? It would make sense that they become speaker after the vote so that they have their powers for the month following, but then again, it could be the other way around.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    If the vote gets vetoed does the 2nd place person bite it? Or is there no village kill that night?

Hakkekage wrote: »
    Oh snap, really?

Don't ever vote me for Speaker. I always fall asleep before vote closes. Always.

Actually didn't we confirm in the dead thread you died pretty much because you lied to me? :P

As such you make a good politician.

!vote Hakkekage for Speaker

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I !vote for precisionk.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
    edited May 2007
    And so the dark union begins.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited May 2007
    Balefuego wrote: »
    If the vote gets vetoed does the 2nd place person bite it? Or is there no village kill that night?

I think it was answered in the sign-up thread that there would simply be no village kill. The village kill will not get 'bumped' for any reason.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
    edited May 2007
    tuxkamen wrote: »
    Anyway, without voting for anyone for Speaker yet, now that we know what the Legion is (aliens? Not 'villains' anyway), perhaps we should start thinking of good questions to ask?

Demons? The subtitle of the signup was "Doom of the Gods" or something similar -- so they could be the forces of divine retribution against the unjust (ie -- here to help the city get rid of the villains). It would explain the rather democratic way in which they set things up.

I suppose decent questions (for the uninspired electee) could always come from the list of heroes and villains. It'd be useful, for example, to know whether the villains have any powers beyond the standard "kill x players/night" one.

GrimmyTOA on
    edited May 2007
    I have bolded the section about the Legion veto and put it in a second time in a clearer place as well.
    With Hylian gone TehSpectre will take that spot. Since TehSpectre said he was going to be unavailable for a few days I'm extending him an inactivity grace period for a few days.

PsychoLarry1 on
    edited May 2007
    Balefuego wrote: »

Oh snap, really?

Actually didn't we confirm in the dead thread you died pretty much because you lied to me? :P

As such you make a good politician.
    !vote Hakkekage for Speaker

I would have protected myself! If only I hadn't fallen asleep...!

Hakkekage on
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    'aight guys Iron Man is going on vacation.

Don't ruin the world while I'm gone

It's cool.

I got it covered.

So, where all the girlies at?

Inquisitor on
    edited May 2007
    I have added in a few points of clarification. These will be updated as things come up. There are two important details currently up. One on voting and one on the villains.

PsychoLarry1 on
    edited May 2007
    I hear Senior Fish has a pretty nice vagina, you should go check it out.

tuxkamen: I'm thinking we should ask about the villains, first; though about what, I don't know. Perhaps we should ask if any certain villain(s) have a special role? That is, like evil villain seer, or evil villain vigilante.

Ach, ye hidden roles, how ye confound.

EDIT: Just read the clarification; I'm a little confused about the veto thing, but I'll go back to that later...

Maybe we should ask which villains are grouped with, say, Professor Death Science, or whatever (his is the only one I can remember)? That way once one of them is seered, we've bagged ourselves a bunch more.

Or is this a bad question, Larry?

EDIT2: Never mind, that's stupid! Because they aren't all walking around with their actual villain names.

Sigh.

I'm going to go back to work now.

Hakkekage on
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to. Philosophy: Stoicism. Politics: Democratic SocialistRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2007
    Yeeeaaaah. I'm going to be voting for myself.

!vote Brock Samson (Munkus Beaver) for speaker.

Munkus Beaver on
    Humor can be dissected as a frog can, but dies in the process.
    edited May 2007
    So if the person who's leading in Legion Speaker votes is offed by a villain or some other power, will the next highest person be elected Legion Speaker? Essentially, since the election happens after execution, is it simply the living person with the most election votes who becomes Speaker?

Buzz Buzz on
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I hear Senior Fish has a pretty nice vagina, you should go check it out.

tuxkamen: I'm thinking we should ask about the villains, first; though about what, I don't know. Perhaps we should ask if any certain villain(s) have a special role? That is, like evil villain seer, or evil villain vigilante.

Ach, ye hidden roles, how ye confound.

Another good question would be "How many villains seer as citizens?"

Or "Which villains..." if that question isn't too powerful.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
    edited May 2007
    Buzz Buzz wrote: »
    So if the person who's leading in Legion Speaker votes is offed by a villain or some other power, will the next highest person be elected Legion Speaker? Essentially, since the election happens after execution, is it simply the living person with the most election votes who becomes Speaker?
    Yes, even if the election vote leader is killed before taking over, there will be a legion speaker selected from among those who have gotten votes.

PsychoLarry1 on
    edited May 2007
    I wonder if the villain's particular name comes up when seered, too. I hope it's not just "PsychoLarry1 is a villain", but rather, "PL1 is PROFESSOR DEATH SCIENCE"

I really love that name

Hakkekage on