As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends]Why did Riot servers go down for ten hours on patch day? For rest.

1575859606163»

• Options
    SuMa.LustreSuMa.Lustre Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    OremLK wrote: »
    Arkady wrote: »
    EU metagame breaks my brain

Why? It makes a shit ton of sense honestly. Having your carry duo lane with a support will hurt their experience, but they can still farm piles of gold and, more importantly, be relatively safe from ganks as opposed to when they mid and they are basically at the whimsy of how the lane pushes. The difference between say, a level 12 ashe and a level 16 ashe is not that significant. I mean, it doesn't make sense in the context of solo queues because good luck getting your randomed support to sit there passively letting the carry farm up, but in 5v5 ranked?

I have a lot of issues with it. Yeah it makes some sense in that carries scale more with gold than levels, but I really hate wasting a strong solo lane like a Corki, an MF, or a Tristana when they could be getting even stronger by themselves and do just fine without a babysitter (so much more important than beefing up a tank). Also, in the case of Trist particularly but also Corki to an extent, their mechanics tend to naturally push the lane, which makes a squishy support/carry bottom lane very vulnerable to jungle ganks.

All of that said I'm opposed to rigid lane assignments in general. I really think people need to stop forming habits and just doing things that way because "that's how it's done"--it can definitely restrict your team from having the most favorable lane matchups.

this is good, I am back to agreeing with you

yes, sending Ashe bot with Janna is excellent

but why would you send an MF or a Corki down there?
    Arkady wrote: »
    irelia and malzahar being high picks confuses me greatly

also wit's end everywhere

Irelia and malz are both pretty good, and wits end is a nice item now that it just does 42 damage regardless of mana.

I know they're pretty good, but it breaks my brain to think of them as "top pick/ban good"

forgot to mention Kassadin is a top pick/ban there too

SuMa.Lustre on
  • Options
    zeenyzeeny Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Kassadin is a pretty good ban in a lot of cases. He makes Karthus and co, very, very unhappy. That is, if your top pick is going Karthus, he may very well consider a Kassadin ban.

zeeny on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Why would you send MF or Corki down there? Because MF will get sodomized by Malzahar or Xin up top? I dunno.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    zeenyzeeny Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I think he meant as opposed to mid. MF is a sitting duck even with flash/ghost in the top lane.

zeeny on
  • Options
    SuMa.LustreSuMa.Lustre Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    not sure about top, more thinking of mid, but MF has enough damage to bully Malz or Xin up until level 6, and ganks can alleviate lane dominance after 6 happens (especially because Xin and Malz have to really commit with their ults)

Same story for Corki except Corki beats out Xin but is more susceptible to Malzahar.

Besides, who would you send there anyways if it weren't for these guys, some of the most dominant laners out there?

SuMa.Lustre on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    People with longer range or significant tankiness to deal with their horseshit

Malphite/Shen against Xin and probably Kassadin against Malz. It's hard for Malz to burst down Kassadin even with a full combo at six. Zilean also outranges/harasses him pre-six.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    It really depends on so many different things. I've seen MF do fine top lane, her passive is, eh, decent protection from ganks long as you don't get baited into one, and against many junglers anybody can be safe from their ganks with sufficient ward sight. (Of course if it's like a Rammus, Eve, or Shaco, you probably want to be on the extra-safe side.)

But I mean yeah, in many situations you could just send the AP carry top and the AD carry mid which is basically the US meta anyway. I think the US is too rigid about that too though, for instance Kassadin usually goes top, I've seen seen Annie sent top frequently, they both make a lot more sense mid in my opinion, and most AD carries are actually safer top than either of those champions pre-level 6.

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • Options
    RobojoeRobojoe Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    God damned broken store made it so I couldn't spend my 16000 rp given to me by mistake, they took it from me, GOD DAMNIT OF COURSE THE ONE DAY THEY FUCK UP IN MY FAVOR THE STORE HAS TO BE DOWN AND THEY HAVE TO FIGURE IT OUT. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Robojoe on
    Xbox: Mr J0se/LoL: Robojoe
  • Options
    OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Also Malz pretty much wrecks most champions in lane, he is fucking overpowered, I'll keep saying it until people believe me

His harassment? Ridiculous

His sustainability? Also ridiculous

His burst damage? Beyond ridiculous

And on top of that his late game damage is some of the best-scaling in the game AND he brings a solid amount of CC and AoE to the team? Fucking nerf!

I've been seeing a lot of Malz's go like 20/4 and scores like that in normal games lately, you gotta understand this is not typical at all, I almost never see people manage scores that good in whatever-normal-bracket-I'm-in.

Oh by the way I've laned Kass versus Malz, you being melee means he gets a lot of free visions on you when you try to last hit and you get demolished in CS even if he can't burst you down as easily as some champs

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • Options
    RobojoeRobojoe Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    yeah Orem, one of my most painful games as kass came from midding against malz, i couldn't gank because if i did he pushed like a boss with his visions, and i couldnt kill him with my burst as i had no items because i couldnt leave for that long, so this week is dedicated to stomping everyone's teeth with malz, he's too good for how easy he is to play, most of the time i dont even need my w to kill, my e, r, and ignite and a few auto attacks usually does enough.

Robojoe on
    Xbox: Mr J0se/LoL: Robojoe
  • Options
    VaregaVarega Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    DEATH TO THIS THREAD!
    LONG LIVE THE NEW THREAD!

Varega on
    League of Legends:Varega
  • Options
    RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    WhiteShark wrote: »
    OremLK wrote: »
    Also for the next OP which I know should be posted sometime today, can I suggest we add direct links to TreeEskimo's and Roku's streams, since I know they're really popular among PAers?

My other favorites include SoloMid (mostly for GuardsmanBob and LocoDoco), EpikGamer (DanDinh), and Wickd (for the EU angle), although I don't know if we want to bog down the OP that much or not.

all of these should be linked

all good ideas

hey

whiteshark

akali is my main now emot-smug.gif

Rent on
  • Options
    mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I just cannot keep from getting killed. Past a certain point in the game, it seems like just about anything that hits my heroes kills them.

mrflippy on
This discussion has been closed.