As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

League of Legends. Where we play this online game when the servers work

VaregaVarega Registered User regular
edited February 2011 in Games and Technology
logo.jpg

Or

teemo.png

Fuck Teemo. He's a bitch, compared to this sexy motherfucker right here:

shen.jpg

Guess what he's gonna do for you? He's gonna make sure your fragile ass isn't going to be cc'ed to death. Why? He's your fucking lifeline.

League of Legends is a game inspired by the Defense of the Ancients, developed and published by Riot Games.

READ THIS FIRST!

Frosteey's Super Useful Advice Corner
Tip #1: Have fun : D
Need a stream list? List of all streams that are worth listing.

Have you scored a Pentakill?
I5r0s.jpg
2115f11.jpg
i4qxjt.jpg
Guuuys.jpg[
Get on the G&T vent to play with us (list at bottom), the vent info is stickied at the top of the forum.

Game Info and Useful Links:
leagueoflegends.com, the game database provided by Riot (who make the game).
leaguecraft.com, there are a lot of fan sites out there with general information and builds. This is just one; and, it's kinda slow as shit. Regardless of where you look for builds keep in mind, most of them make assumptions that are not clearly conveyed and there are a lot that are just plain bad. Tread lightly.
KillerCodeMonkey's wiki, add your brilliant shit to it.
Game mechanic shit, stuff like how attacks and magic and fuck work.
Rune break-dancing, good info about what runes you should buy.
Livestreams Watch the pros rage.

THE BUSY-BUSTER CODES - USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
When you've got the client open, type

"Left, Right, Left, Right, Down, Down, Up, Up, 3 then 4"

Alternatively

"CTRL+L --> [ javascript:setServerStatus(1) ]"

Again, use them at your own risk.

IF YOU'RE GOING TO SPEND REAL CASH DOLLA MONIES FOR CHAMPIONS
Zoelef wrote: »
Drop $20 for the Retail Box (Amazon, Best Buy, GameSpot, Newegg, Target, and Wal-Mart typically have this) It gives you $10 in Riot Points, take those, then buy $10 in Riot Points and $5 in Riot Points. Spend all of them on the second champ pack.

That's $35 for 40 champs permanently unlocked; none of the post-40 have ever been in a bundle AFAIK.
Cutfang wrote: »
Q: How can I get champions and save money?
A: You won't have to spend a cent if you simply play games and earn enough IP to buy them all. If, however, you wish to hasten the process you may buy champions with real money. The most cost effective way to buy champions is by purchasing the two bundles on offer.
For $45 you can buy 6380 Riot Points, which are used to buy champions and skins. 3900 of those points gets you the Digital Collector's Pack, which contains 20 champions and includes 1380 Riot Points (huh?). If you were to buy the champions individually it would cost 37800 IP or 9620 RP. The Digital Collector's pack can also be bought in stores or online as a boxed copy, which may save you a significant amount of money.
3410 Riot Points gets you the champions bundle. This contains some more expensive champions. Bought individually they would cost 60750 IP or 14350 RP (ish).
This leaves you with 450 RP, enough to buy yourself a single skin!

the LoL wiki for the updated Champion list.

Valiantine has a lovely spreadsheet that you can add your summoner name to.

HEY LISTEN!

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Ap5qFqD3oLKndHNfOGJ1VFNZVVZ6c1NtZVktdXpsTVE&hl=en&authkey=CJPuh4wG#gid=0

I placed everyone's name in the OP to this neat and tidy spreadsheet. You should be able to edit it yourself, find your name and fill the fields. If anyone is getting problems, PM MooMan or VaLiantine, because I don't understand simple spreadsheets. Please play Persona 4 if you haven't already.

League of Legends:Varega
Varega on

• VaregaVarega Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    OP Shamelessly stolen from the previous Frosteey. But seriously, fuck teemo.

Varega on
  • NisiNisi Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Teemo isn't even a yordle. Except for spaceman teemo.

Nisi on
  • BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    QERQWQQE

Bethryn on
    ...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Moba Doba what the fuck is that

Zen Vulgarity on
  • schussschuss Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Come on Varega, where's your extended rant on how Shen will fuck you up? And why are you not using the surgeon Shen picture?

"We're talking 'bout the baddest motherfuckin' Ninja out there: Shen. Not only is he a badass ninja who will stab you right in the face, he's a goddamn surgeon who can SAVE YOUR PUNK ASS LIFE. Why would you need such a thing, because you aren't a motherfuckin' ninja like Shen."

PS Sad mummy 4 life.

schuss on
    edited February 2011
    schuss wrote: »
    Come on Varega, where's your extended rant on how Shen will fuck you up? And why are you not using the surgeon Shen picture?

"We're talking 'bout the baddest motherfuckin' Ninja out there: Shen. Not only is he a badass ninja who will stab you right in the face, he's a goddamn surgeon who can SAVE YOUR PUNK ASS LIFE. Why would you need such a thing, because you aren't a motherfuckin' ninja like Shen."

PS Sad mummy 4 life.

Back to the basics my friend. Back to the basics.

Varega on
  • schussschuss Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Varega wrote: »
    schuss wrote: »

PS Sad mummy 4 life.

Back to the basics my friend. Back to the basics.

BTW, just got a genius idea. Double Jungle Mumu/Shen. After Mumu finishes blue+wraiths, go a-ganking their jungle and kill at red. Requires shen to possibly start double-top, but theoretically ends with a kill+assist for mumu and shen, plus shen with Red.

schuss on
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Should add some of those links to specific streams (Tree, Roku, Bob etc) back into the OP Varega

Naphtali on
    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • NisiNisi Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Moba Doba what the fuck is that

totes jam son, am I doing it right?

Nisi on
    edited February 2011
    Naphtali wrote: »
    Should add some of those links to specific streams (Tree, Roku, Bob etc) back into the OP Varega

added the stream list back. great idea.

Varega on
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Why

Just go to the list and pick them out

That's not hard

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Oh look, the store works now.
    Anyone tried Tree yet?

Custom Special on
    XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Why

Just go to the list and pick them out

That's not hard

Totes streams.

sportzboytjw on
    Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Ok so I got to play a game last night as the new machine gun Ryze.

Aww yeah I think I'm gonna be seeing more of this Champ.

Toxic Pickle on
    edited February 2011
    Oh look, the store works now.
    Anyone tried Tree yet?

I tried him. Not my playstyle, but i feel like he's pretty great. R>Q>W>E, RoA and some damage mitigation, and he'll be pretty strong. I feel like his ratios could use a boost though, i think they're all under .5 damage per AP though.

Varega on
  • FellhandFellhand Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    When are they going to fix Malz's silence? It last so damn long now it might as well last for the entire match.

Fellhand on
  • ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    He feels like Cho'Gath with more utility.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • ConstrictorConstrictor The Dork Knight SuburbialandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011

New Ryze is so good. Soooo good. He's a true caster carry. And you do a ton of damage, even with little in the way of AP.

Core build for him is: Sorc Shoes, Archangel's Staff, Frozen Heart, Banshee's Veil, Void Staff, and a 6th item that's a wildcard...

Once you have the first 5 items though, you're beast mode.

Constrictor on
  • FlipprDolphinFlipprDolphin Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    hey, so i lost all my rune pages (I had the bundle + the free one) and now im back down to 2!

Thats messed up! I submitted a ticket and now i will have to wait 3252526262 days.

FlipprDolphin on
  • Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    thank you however the person was that mentioned Nunu Bot 7: Welcome to HoN somewhere in the last thread - I think the first 5 minutes are a required watch for anyone not familiar with the community of Dota-type games

Alfred J. Kwak on
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    bagel = badgel

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • EndomaticEndomatic Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    stumbling bagel

Endomatic on
  • JelloblimpJelloblimp Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Riot post tracker - The current IP amounts are a bug

Things should NOT be worse. If they are, then we will tweak values.

Have some patience and just keep giving us feedback to help us find the right place. The goal was NOT to reduce gains, so you guys have nothing to fear - if they ARE less, then we will increase them, it's simple.
    Updated one hour ago so I guess they are still tweaking the IP gains. No idea why they decided to change it since most(?) had accepted the old IP values.

Jelloblimp on
    steam_sig.png
  • FlipprDolphinFlipprDolphin Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    i want my darn rune pages BACK! NOWWWWWWWWWWW

FlipprDolphin on
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    northern front swain is pretty awesome

WeedLordVegeta on
    edited February 2011

New Ryze is so good. Soooo good. He's a true caster carry. And you do a ton of damage, even with little in the way of AP.

Core build for him is: Sorc Shoes, Archangel's Staff, Frozen Heart, Banshee's Veil, Void Staff, and a 6th item that's a wildcard...

Zhonyas

Zhonyas you fucker

Zen Vulgarity on
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Are the XP gains messed up too, or is it just IP?

I aim to hit 20 tonight and buy me some runes

Xaquin on
  • WhiteSharkWhiteShark Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Varega, make the title be [MOBA DOBA]League of Legends: Varagin'

WhiteShark on
  • EndomaticEndomatic Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Yetis In Need

I like that name a lot, congrats on picking a great name whoever you are

Endomatic on
  • BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    XP gains were bad last night.

Bethryn on
    ...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • ConstrictorConstrictor The Dork Knight SuburbialandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011

Zhonyas

Zhonyas you fucker

As his 6th item? Maybe...

This build has 180 armor already, so unless there's some super fed AD that's attacking you, you don't need more armor. AP is pretty useless for Ryze as well.

I would lean towards a Rod of the Ages/Rylai's/Guardian Angel/Abyssal Sceptre, depending on what you're facing and how the game is going.

Constrictor on
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Bethryn wrote: »

Yes but we'll likely get a boost out of it so unless you were literally playing all night with the shitty IP gains you'll come out ahead

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Also teach me to Nasus and not be terrible for the first half of the game

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Rent wrote: »
    WhiteShark wrote: »
    OremLK wrote: »
    Also for the next OP which I know should be posted sometime today, can I suggest we add direct links to TreeEskimo's and Roku's streams, since I know they're really popular among PAers?

My other favorites include SoloMid (mostly for GuardsmanBob and LocoDoco), EpikGamer (DanDinh), and Wickd (for the EU angle), although I don't know if we want to bog down the OP that much or not.

all of these should be linked

all good ideas

hey

whiteshark

akali is my main now emot-smug.gif

also varega i know we have our differences but you are a totes baller shen, no lie bro

Rent on
    edited February 2011

Yes but we'll likely get a boost out of it so unless you were literally playing all night with the shitty IP gains you'll come out ahead

Do you think the boost will be retroactively applied? I literally have one night a week to play (tonight)

I'm about 300xp from 20

Xaquin on
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Also teach me to Nasus and not be terrible for the first half of the game
    me too me too

Zhonyas

Zhonyas you fucker

As his 6th item? Maybe...

This build has 180 armor already, so unless there's some super fed AD that's attacking you, you don't need more armor. AP is pretty useless for Ryze as well.

I would lean towards a Rod of the Ages/Rylai's/Guardian Angel/Abyssal Sceptre, depending on what you're facing and how the game is going.

RoA as a final item? I'd go for Rylai's. 15% slow from Spell Flux on Machinegun Ryze?

WeedLordVegeta on
  • FellhandFellhand Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Xaquin wrote: »

Do you think the boost will be retroactively applied? I literally have one night a week to play (tonight)

I'm about 300xp from 20

Don't buy runes at 20.
    Just save your IP and grind it out to 30. You'll have so much IP you'll be able to set up whatever chars you want with runes.

Fellhand on
    edited February 2011
    Fellhand wrote: »

I'm about 300xp from 20

Don't buy runes at 20.
    Just save your IP and grind it out to 30. You'll have so much IP you'll be able to set up whatever chars you want with runes.

I thought tier 3 runes were the top though?

Xaquin on
    edited February 2011
    Rent wrote: »
    WhiteShark wrote: »
    OremLK wrote: »
    Also for the next OP which I know should be posted sometime today, can I suggest we add direct links to TreeEskimo's and Roku's streams, since I know they're really popular among PAers?

My other favorites include SoloMid (mostly for GuardsmanBob and LocoDoco), EpikGamer (DanDinh), and Wickd (for the EU angle), although I don't know if we want to bog down the OP that much or not.

all of these should be linked

all good ideas

hey

whiteshark

akali is my main now emot-smug.gif

way to post this in the wrong thread

I bet you're as bad at Akali as you are at posting

and everything else

WhiteShark on
    edited February 2011
    Fellhand wrote: »

I'm about 300xp from 20

Don't buy runes at 20.

I thought tier 3 runes were the top though?

They are I don't understand his advice at all

WhiteShark on