As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Good Webcomic Thread About Good Webcomics

• Options
    MVikingMViking Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'm with Rane on this. If there's anyone you should want to be on friendlier terms with its someone who handles your food and drink.

MViking on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Edcrab wrote: »
    Raneados wrote: »
    |

It's in the goddamn punctuation section

What more could a Wiki pedant want

um

isn't that in the general typography section?

that's not a subsection of Punctuation, I don't think, it's a separate category

edit wait nope, he's right, thar she blows
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Punctuation

Between me and L|ama you actually entertained the thought that he'd be in the right

Low blow, Rane

Low blow

well!

for a second it seemed he would be!
    this is clearly wikipedia's fault for having weird tables and
    stuff

I made a vow last forumer opinion thingy to not automatically side against llama, as that's not okay
    treating him better everyday
    and in turn, being ultimately happier

Raneados on
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    i dunno i liked being a regular

those girls were nice

it was like i was norm on cheers!

crwth on
    EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Wow, I'm socially inept but honestly that bakery thing is completely alien to me

I freaking love being a regular at places, there're so many perks

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Seriously wrote: »
    crwth wrote: »

the oddest neurosis

what makes it worse is that you know it is so odd but it doesn't matter

When I was in elementary school, there was one day where the cafeteria always served Chick-Fil-A. I always bought lunch on that day. Eventually, all the lunch lady needed to do was see me walk towards her and she'd be getting the chicken sandwich for me.

I thought that was pretty neat.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    OpiumOpium regular
    edited February 2011
    So much tomato hate here

Tomatoes are super healthy and delicious

Even if you are outside the core demographic

Opium on
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    man why

why does basic friendliness and a show that they actually destroy your fears of being just another face in the crowd by recognizing and remembering you scare you

LANGLY

LANGLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

I'm not saying it's normal! It is an anxiety! I don't know!

Langly on
  • Options
    Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I don't mind that happening at stores at all. It's only mildly problematic if I ever want something other than the usual. Developing a rapport with the people at the wok place I frequent has led only to good things, like them telling me about a discount card I now use for occasional free meals and maybe even to win fabulous prizes in the future!

I did find it awkward and uncomfortable when the guy selling the homeless news near the tram station started to get the impression that we were sorta buddies because I was always friendly and polite, so he started inviting me to his place. I haven't encountered him for a few months, though, so it's not really a problem anymore.

Spectre-x on
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2011
    man why

why does basic friendliness and a show that they actually destroy your fears of being just another face in the crowd by recognizing and remembering you scare you

LANGLY

I'm not langly, but I'm going to answer. I have a phobia about people knowing what I do/eat/look at. I also won't browse a bookshelf in a bookstore or library if someone else is nearby, for example - in fact, I used to steal books from my school library (and return them a week later) because I didn't want the person behind the desk seeing what I was reading

... holy shit this isn't normal. I'm a freak!
    langly will you be freak buddies with me?

tynic on
  • Options
    MVikingMViking Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Sometimes you want to go where everybody knows your naaaaame.

And sometimes you are a socially awkward penguin.

MViking on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    okay wobblybcommunistrickshaws

I am going to bed

remember that I love all of you and I shall watch your progress with a glimmer of pride in my eye and a silent tear running down my cheek

Raneados on
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Spectre-x wrote: »
    snip.

In response to alllllllllllll this: there's a reason I didn't go into the MLP thread and voice my opinions. I ain't gonna change any minds. But when it came up here, in another thread, I spoke out in my typical, caustic way. Because shit, I can have an opinion about something and its fans. I think people who obsess about MLP are creepy manchildren, and I think people who like Dane Cook are barely-literate mouthbreathers, and I think people who like Larry the Cableguy are all closet racists. They're all generalizations, gut feelings, and, here's the key, my opinion of them. Of course I state my opinions as fact - everyone on this fucking forum does. When called upon to justify my viewpoint, I did so vehemently. Which is, again, the SE++ way.
    What the fuck is your problem? Does the fact that people outside of the (again) main demographic of MLP like the show hurt or threaten or affect you in any way? If you say yes you are a god damned liar.

Does it hurt or threaten? No. Does it affect? Well, yeah, sure. The same way seeing a Dane Cook or Larry the Cable Guy avatar would - I get irritated. And I usually keep it to myself, and let it out in one off-topic rant that turned into a Whole Fucking Thing.

But jesus, that whole screed you wrote makes it sound like I stabbed your fucking kid or something

Poorochondriac on
  • Options
    OpiumOpium regular
    edited February 2011
    I did find it awkward and uncomfortable when the guy selling the homeless news near the tram station started to get the impression that we were sorta buddies because I was always friendly and polite, so he started inviting me to his place.
    :?:

Opium on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    tynic wrote: »
    man why

LANGLY

I'm not langly, but I'm going to answer. I have a phobia about people knowing what I do/eat/look at. I also won't browse a bookshelf in a bookstore or library if someone else is nearby, for example - in fact, I used to steal books from my school library (and return them a week later) because I didn't want the person behind the desk seeing what I was reading

eh

pretty weird but man everyone's got their stuff

and it makes for a good, endearing story

Raneados on
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I mean

obviously you don't let it affect your behavior and in most instances it is quite nice that a sort of rapport is built.

But it doesn't change that inexplicable feeling of being caught.

It's weird to be crazy sometimes

Seriously on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    man why

LANGLY

yes definitely.

I think the weirdest part is that I'm a pretty social person, I would say that I do well in social encounters.

But for some reason anonymity in all of the realms you listed is really important to me. It's like the weirdest mix.

Langly on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    L|ama wrote: »
    I think an adult person who does not watch my little pony is better than an adult who does, all other things equal

yes

Pretty much where I'm at, yeah.

While idly musing, I've been wondering how many My Little Pony fans have ever had a 70-hour work week.

And sure, I know, there are plenty of other frivolous things that I could apply that exact same line of musing to. Hell, I could apply it to "people who post on internet forums." But that's where my musing is currently going.

Pooro I am super disappointed in you and your judgmental attitude

you, of all people, should not be judging others

when I kidnap nads and make him my gaybride, you will not be invited :(

Why "of all people"

What even

What

I'm sorry this is awhile ago, but all I can think of is M.

As in Mancy.

Edit: Wow, that's like 2 pages ago.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    drew_shakespearedrinking2.gif

crwth on
    EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    man why

LANGLY

eh

pretty weird but man everyone's got their stuff

and it makes for a good, endearing story

Exactly.

I mean, what am I going to tell future generations?

"I was...uh...pretty nerdy and nervous around girls for most of high school. Oh, and also I fell off a horse once."

EXCITING!

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    i like this left handed guy.

Langly on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Langly wrote: »
    man why

LANGLY

yes definitely.

I think the weirdest part is that I'm a pretty social person, I would say that I do well in social encounters.

But for some reason anonymity in all of the realms you listed is really important to me. It's like the weirdest mix.

Well, I guess I can sort of relate to that

I don't like eating alone at a fast food place or whatever unless I'm facing a wall or something.

I can never shake the feeling that someone's watching me

Maybe we have a primal scavenger brain, subconsciously convinced someone's gonna nick our food at any moment

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    mmm i don't think i like lefthandedtooons very much

we'll see

edit: argh see langly now we can't be friends any more

Raneados on
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2011

langly ... are you me?
    I'm ridiculously social, just ask NaS.

tynic on
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Goodbye Raneados

We love you

Solar on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    even though it is a fact that left handed people are freaks of nature.

Rane maybe you should get off your judge judy throne! What, are you going to make fun of people who like a show about colorful ponies next?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Langly on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    langly will you be my friend

crwth on
    EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011

Hey, my sister is left handed!

...so yes

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    snip.

In response to alllllllllllll this: there's a reason I didn't go into the MLP thread and voice my opinions. I ain't gonna change any minds. But when it came up here, in another thread, I spoke out in my typical, caustic way. Because shit, I can have an opinion about something and its fans. I think people who obsess about MLP are creepy manchildren, and I think people who like Dane Cook are barely-literate mouthbreathers, and I think people who like Larry the Cableguy are all closet racists. They're all generalizations, gut feelings, and, here's the key, my opinion of them. Of course I state my opinions as fact - everyone on this fucking forum does. When called upon to justify my viewpoint, I did so vehemently. Which is, again, the SE++ way.
    What the fuck is your problem? Does the fact that people outside of the (again) main demographic of MLP like the show hurt or threaten or affect you in any way? If you say yes you are a god damned liar.

Does it hurt or threaten? No. Does it affect? Well, yeah, sure. The same way seeing a Dane Cook or Larry the Cable Guy avatar would - I get irritated. And I usually keep it to myself, and let it out in one off-topic rant that turned into a Whole Fucking Thing.

But jesus, that whole screed you wrote makes it sound like I stabbed your fucking kid or something

And I suppose I can see how it would affect you, yeah. And it's fine that you justified your viewpoint. It is indeed the SE++ way. I'm just saying that your justification and your viewpoint are retarded and also complete bullshit. Also the SE++ way.

But don't worry about the intensity of my response. I'm just very good at flying off the handle.

Spectre-x on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Crwth I will be your friend, yes.

Langly on
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

Hey, my sister is left handed!

...so yes

My sister is also left handed

Ed do you have a twin brother?

Are you fifteen?

Do you love Batman?

If so you may be my little brother.

Solar on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Opium wrote: »
    I did find it awkward and uncomfortable when the guy selling the homeless news near the tram station started to get the impression that we were sorta buddies because I was always friendly and polite, so he started inviting me to his place.
    :?:

He sells those magazines that down-on-their-luck people sell. Mostly homeless people trying to make some money to get by and such. He himself is not actually totally homeless. I think he lives in a tiny, cheap appartment intended for people who would otherwise not be able to afford a home. Kind of like a shelter thingy, I suspect.

I don't know the specifics, I've never taken him up on his offer.

Spectre-x on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Solar wrote: »
    My sister is also left handed

Ed do you have a twin brother?

Are you fifteen?

Do you love Batman?

If so you may be my little brother.

God damn it

Every time I meet a nice dragon, it's the same thing

"You're like a brother to me!"

God damn it

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    that post ed, that post is why I love you.

Langly on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    snip.

And I suppose I can see how it would affect you, yeah. And it's fine that you justified your viewpoint. It is indeed the SE++ way. I'm just saying that your justification and your viewpoint are retarded and also complete bullshit. Also the SE++ way.

But don't worry about the intensity of my response. I'm just very good at flying off the handle.

Your face is retarded and complete bullshit.

Poorochondriac on
  • Options
    risumonrisumon Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    when i go to subway I always get 2 toasted footlongs with swiss cheese, tuna on after it's been toasted then lettuce cucumbers and green peppers

maybe the smallest dash of honey mustard up and down

well not always 2
    someone I get 1 if I'm not that hungry

I want your metabolism so bad.

risumon on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Looks like the power of friendship triumphs after all!

S P A R K L E S !

Seriously on
  • Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    stilts, tell me about

falling off a horse

Shabooty on
  • Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    A horse tried to kill me once

and by once I mean every time I get near a horse

Kochikens on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Seriously wrote: »
    Looks like the power of friendship triumphs after all!

S P A R K L E S !

I will murder you.

And not in your sleep, where it'd be quick and painless.

Poorochondriac on
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Kochikens wrote: »
    A horse tried to kill me once

and by once I mean every time I get near a horse

stop going near horses

Brolo on
This discussion has been closed.