As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] [Chat] 4.0.6 broke stuff. Some care, others mock them for it. Film at 11

• BuddiesBuddies Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Preacher wrote: »
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    There was a bug for awhile I guess where if you didn't interrupt the hymn at all you could get the achievement. I assume they quietly fixed it because it doesn't work anymore, but that's how I got the achievement in a PUG of that place (where the other 4 were from the same guild).

So you all died? I mean if you don't interrupt the hymn you'd just die to the stacks right?

It doesn't do that much damage.

In fact if you have good DPS, it is just easier to flip the switches, don't interrupt him and then just kill him. You won't have to jump down again and the damage people take from jumping down and getting hit by snakes is just transfered to the damage taken by the Hymn.

Buddies on
  • GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Just tanked a great HoO where the top DPS was 7329. WITH 15% Luck of the Draw.

Other highlights
    - Despite having another DK (frost), a hunter, and an elemental shaman, I was the only one interrupting. 36 interrupts for the DK tank, 1 interrupt for the shaman. Zero for anyone else. It made the sphinx mobs awesome.
    - The boss with the portals, I had to tell the DK to stop dpsing the robots and focus on the boss. I think he opened 7 or 8 portals before they finally got him down. I never had so many robots on me before.
    - Rahj: everyone dies during the first AE burn phase. I solo him the rest of the way (and through another burn phase). DK tanks represent!

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • DacDac Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Does the Blood DK shield on DS apply if you're not in Blood Presence?

Because I think it would be hilarious to use that major glyph that makes DS heal a minimum of 15% of your health on a tank in frost pres and go to town on people in Tol Barad/battlegrounds.

Oh you hit me? I'll just DS and heal myself for 22500. And give myself a shield for 22500. While also beating the shit out of you at the same time.

Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Dac wrote: »
    Does the Blood DK shield on DS apply if you're not in Blood Presence?

Because I think it would be hilarious to use that major glyph that makes DS heal a minimum of 15% of your health on a tank in frost pres and go to town on people in Tol Barad/battlegrounds.

Oh you hit me? I'll just DS and heal myself for 22500. And give myself a shield for 22500. While also beating the shit out of you at the same time.

No, it's part of the DK Blood Mastery so as long as you are specced Blood, it should work.

shryke on
  • IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Mr Pink wrote: »
    Whatever that priest thing is that pulls me to them, holy damn (ba dump pish) is that awesome in PVP. I was on personal guard duty for a priest after he yanked me away from two warriors.

Leap of Faith is the greatest thing ever in Arenas... Oh, you're going to pop every c/d and FF my healer? YOINK.

I swear the Rogues just stand there like "Whar Shaman go? Me no stabby no more? :("

Ishtaar on
    FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

Other highlights
    - Despite having another DK (frost), a hunter, and an elemental shaman, I was the only one interrupting. 36 interrupts for the DK tank, 1 interrupt for the shaman. Zero for anyone else. It made the sphinx mobs awesome.
    - The boss with the portals, I had to tell the DK to stop dpsing the robots and focus on the boss. I think he opened 7 or 8 portals before they finally got him down. I never had so many robots on me before.
    - Rahj: everyone dies during the first AE burn phase. I solo him the rest of the way (and through another burn phase). DK tanks represent!

We had a Heroic Lost City run where the mage, with three stacks of the buff, did 3k DPS... yeah.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Like I said since the dungeon nerf the baddies are coming out, and somehow doing worse with a 15% buff!

I do have to say I'm glad they fixed the bugging of the croc in lost city, fucking hated not being able to position correctly because of babies.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Thinking about these kinds of situations is how people end up dead in their bathroom with brain aneyurisms (I don't care how it's spelled).

belligerent on
  • tarnoktarnok Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    We had a Heroic Lost City run where the mage, with three stacks of the buff, did 3k DPS... yeah.

Wait, what buff do you get in Lost City? Did I miss something?

tarnok on
    Wii Code:
    0431-6094-6446-7088
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    tarnok wrote: »

Probably talking about the LFD buff (now stacks up to 15% if there are 3 pugs in the group).

Nobody on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Nobody wrote: »

Probably talking about the LFD buff (now stacks up to 15% if there are 3 pugs in the group).

Also could be three stack of the buff on the last boss (I believe it increases your damage done and taken?)

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

Other highlights

So even a resto shaman's fire elemental would beat his DPS. I sometimes wonder how people even manage that. Do they pause between each spell to plan for their next move?

Actually, forget that I asked. In wotlk I was once grouped with a mage whose primary nuke was Arcane Barrage. And what did he do during the three second cooldown? Nothing whatsoever. I hope it was a case of someone letting their 5 year old kid play WoW.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
    edited February 2011

Yes, the Luck of the Draw +15% buff. How you do 3k DPS with that I don't know.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

Well, generally, I go make something to eat or go to the bathroom during boss fights.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

By doing about 2550 DPS?

Doctor Detroit on
  • MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

By doing about 2550 DPS?

Good god.

My mage isn't my main, in mostly quest blues and crafted items, and she does more than that when she sneezes.

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
    edited February 2011
    MuddBudd wrote: »

By doing about 2550 DPS?

Good god.

My mage isn't my main, in mostly quest blues and crafted items, and she does more than that when she sneezes.

Most fresh 80s in blues and greens could sneeze more than that. Well, if they knew what they were doing. Pre 4.0.

Grundlestiltskin on
  • HerothHeroth Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    What with all the bots that are now in Battlegrounds? i did a WSG last night and it had two bots in it, we kicked them out and over the course of the game (it finished because of time, not caps) another two bots joined...

Heroth on
    1Gn4PNI.png
  • JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Heroth wrote: »
    What with all the bots that are now in Battlegrounds? i did a WSG last night and it had two bots in it, we kicked them out and over the course of the game (it finished because of time, not caps) another two bots joined...
    Honor grind is dumb and people don't want to play battlegrounds to get gear for arenas. So you bot it.

JAEF on
  • MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2011
    JAEF wrote: »
    Honor grind is dumb and people don't want to play battlegrounds to get gear for arenas. So you bot it.

Are you trying to imply that spending 35 hours (average 60 honor per game, 40 minute wait, 10 minute game, 2500 honor item) to buy a single item is not balanced and awesome?

Morkath on
  • Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Pfft, anyone who didn't cheeze TB back in that week is a casual and shouldn't have items.

Panda4You on
  • HerothHeroth Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Makes sense, i guess the only 'pvp' i'll be getting in on my main is grinding arena's for my mh/oh!

Heroth on
    1Gn4PNI.png
  • JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Morkath wrote: »
    40 minute wait
    :lol: Wrong faction bro. But seriously, Blizzard has their heads up their asses.

JAEF on
  • tehmarkentehmarken BrooklynRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I did an Arathi Basin yesterday, and for the entire battle 4 people were AFK. I was reporting them often, and telling others to report them, but I guess it didn't work. Shit like that is annoying as hell, and I really wish there was a way to stop battleground bots effectively.

tehmarken on
  • RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    There are also apparently issues with the new BGs in regards to that. Or at least several different times in bg chat I've heard that, for example, anyone just chillin' on the boat in Gilneas can never successfully be marked afk.

Part of me hopes it's not actually true, but I've also never actually seen any of them ever be marked and booted.

Ranlin on
  • DacDac Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Guild decided to try Maloriak with 9 men tonight because we didn't have a final person to fill the slot, and the raid leader is kinda stubborn about keeping stuff in-guild.

And we had three healers because the counterpart of our usual 2-person Super Awesome Heals couldn't log on, so we had to get two healers beyond the first just to pick up the slack.

Got Maloriak to 1.5 million a few times just as he berserked.

<Raid Leader> Our problem isn't DPS...

Yes. Yes it is. It is absolutely fucking DPS! If we had a shit-eater noob doing 5k dps we would've downed it!

Yarghble. Oh well. At least we know that we'll get him down when we actually have a full raid.

Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

Are you trying to imply that spending 35 hours (average 60 honor per game, 40 minute wait, 10 minute game, 2500 honor item) to buy a single item is not balanced and awesome?

I love it when you bring this up on the officials, and you get the following (but not so politely)

a) you should work for your gear, I have an alt and I managed to get a complete set within day (this is ofc bollox)

b) this isn't WotLK now where gear is now hard to get (as if equating a long ass grind is hard)

And when I say "love", I mean I find it maddening.

Redcoat-13 on
    PSN Fleety2009
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2011
    I feel....lost.

I got my last epic last night. I'm full 359 without any PVP gear. I finished all the Cata and City reps. I'm closing in on Guild rep. All of my professions are at 525. I have no desire to grind through classic, BC and WOTLK content for the umpteenth time.

So um...I guess while I'm waiting for us to start Heroic raids I have nothing to do.

JustinSane07 on
  • TheCrumblyCrackerTheCrumblyCracker Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    You lie sir, I see those AQ40 set pieces in your inventory ;)

Why not work on a feral set?

TheCrumblyCracker on
  • MillbuddahMillbuddah Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Speaking of AQ, what's the deal with the zone now? I flew through the other day while in Uldum and noticed it's just a big old empty zone now. Are there quests or something associated with the zone that phases it or something?

Millbuddah on
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Millbuddah wrote: »
    Speaking of AQ, what's the deal with the zone now? I flew through the other day while in Uldum and noticed it's just a big old empty zone now. Are there quests or something associated with the zone that phases it or something?

That would imply they did any work in Silithus beyond making it flyable and slapping a portal to the Blasted Lands and one Night Elf Arch site in there. :P

Nobody on
  • SaerisSaeris Borb Enthusiast flapflapflapflapRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    They did a lot of work on southern Silithus. If you were ever there before Cataclysm, you'd know what I mean. The terrain that's there now is wildly different from what used to be there, even if you don't count the copy-pasting of the Ruins instance terrain onto the world.

Saeris on
    borb_sig.png
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

Problem is the bots are just fucking terrible. Easy to pick out, and will probably get reported at least once every few hours.

I mean I could slap together something that could probably pass as "I'm just a person playing this game and I am just fucking terrible." I almost did it for fishing because fuck fishing.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2011

AQ20, actually. I cleared it once in an attempt to get some rep and just...stopped caring.

I have a half epic feral set in my inventory, and my guild's policy on off spec gear is really grating me. If you want something for off spec, you have to provide the guild bank with a Maelstrom Crystal. Which is about 2k on my server right now. To further my feral set, I'd need to snatch up the leather pieces that no one else wants right now...except I'm not paying 2k / slot for a bunch of gear that's going to sit in my bank.

JustinSane07 on
    edited February 2011
    Is everyone in your raid geared out? Because that's what happens in my experience, someone else gets geared way faster than anyone else. Either you stay in the raid and help other people out or you sit.

Has your guild finished all the content (downed nef/cho'gal)? If so, Then yeah, it sucks.

belligerent on
    edited February 2011
    I have a half epic feral set in my inventory, and my guild's policy on off spec gear is really grating me. If you want something for off spec, you have to provide the guild bank with a Maelstrom Crystal. Which is about 2k on my server right now. To further my feral set, I'd need to snatch up the leather pieces that no one else wants right now...except I'm not paying 2k / slot for a bunch of gear that's going to sit in my bank.

I mean it's not a great policy, but it's logical. Raid gear is for helping the guild raid. If it's for offspec, it's either for dicking around time or the long shot that you'll contribute in that capacity down the road. Makes sense that if you're taking a crystal away from the guild, might as well give one back to keep helping with progression enchants.

edit: I can understand it being frustrating, though.

Grundlestiltskin on
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Sure would be nice if more than rogue gear dropped for loot. Every single drop thus far has either been a dagger, a sword, or leather. Excluding the one chain and plate drop in like 3 weeks.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • BuddiesBuddies Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

AQ20, actually. I cleared it once in an attempt to get some rep and just...stopped caring.

You obviously focus on improving your character, but I think it is a little off target. Are your epics 359 BiS? I Doubt a Mandala of Broken Strings is BiS for a Balance Druid. Don't just fill slots with purples because "FUCKING CATACLYSMICALLY EPIC! YEAA"

Your guild also has 3 bosses to kill. The 3 hardest bosses to kill.

In Conclusion, you are not optimized. You have not finished this raid tier. You still have plenty to work towards. If I were your Raid Leader I would be concerned that you would disappear everytime your gear hit some magical average iLvL and only show back up when it is possible to move that number higher.

Buddies on
    edited February 2011
    bowen wrote: »
    Sure would be nice if more than rogue gear dropped for loot. Every single drop thus far has either been a dagger, a sword, or leather. Excluding the one chain and plate drop in like 3 weeks.

Shhh, I am almost epic'd out :)

Warlock82 on
    edited February 2011
    Buddies wrote: »

You obviously focus on improving your character, but I think it is a little off target. Are your epics 359 BiS? I Doubt a Mandala of Broken Strings is BiS for a Balance Druid. Don't just fill slots with purples because "FUCKING CATACLYSMICALLY EPIC! YEAA"

Your guild also has 3 bosses to kill. The 3 hardest bosses to kill.

In Conclusion, you are not optimized. You have not finished this raid tier. You still have plenty to work towards. If I were your Raid Leader I would be concerned that you would disappear everytime your gear hit some magical average iLvL and only show back up when it is possible to move that number higher.

little harsh there, especially if you consider what his t11 bonuses are (hint: looks like he's resto for all the spirit he has).

But yeah, he's not BiS for alot of his stuff, so that could be the next goal. I, too, have seen people disapear once they have epix, but I'm not sure that you're one of them. If you're not having fun raiding, then stop, I guess.

But my goal has always been to see content, which is why I pass on marginal upgrades. Was raiding for 3 weeks straight before I saw my first piece of loot, which ended up being 2nd BiS for my spec.

There's always Valor points, which can be turned into selling the BoE boots. You could do AH PvP, try to hit the gold cap, etc.

belligerent on
This discussion has been closed.