As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Chat] Santa Went Crazy

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Preacher wrote: »
    Respectfully bowing out of a match because he was uncomfortable with the idea of going through with it. What a twat that guy is.

Yeah he even respected their accomplishments, what a bastard lets string him up!

No, he doesn't respect their accomplishments. Because if he did, he wouldn't have forfeited.

AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    You want some Vagisil for that problem of yours Chu? I promise to get you a pony if you stop crying you pretty pretty princess.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Yeah Feral described what I was trying to say better.

Basically the tendency for a conversation about sexism towards men to start off reasonable and then go to shit in record time.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Respectfully bowing out of a match because he was uncomfortable with the idea of going through with it. What a twat that guy is.

Yeah he even respected their accomplishments, what a bastard lets string him up!

No, he doesn't respect their accomplishments. Because if he did, he wouldn't have forfeited.

how is it that you know this?

are there quotes? I haven't read anything

but everyone else is saying he was uncomfortable

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Hedgie, almost every human being has things which they are uncomfortable with for stupid reasons, many of those reasons being based on horrible societal bullshit. That does not mean that discomfort is not to be put into consideration.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I spent too much time on this post to let it be bottom-paged:
    Feral wrote: »
    Dark_Side wrote: »
    Nocturne wrote: »
    Nocturne wrote: »
    The /mensrights section is really depressing, because of both the stories posted there and the responses to them.

Oh, god.

Yeah, it's a strange juxtaposition.

*Article about sexism towards men*

Man that is fucked up.

*Comments full of ignorance and (I hate using this term but it applies here) male privilege*

Welp.

Yep, that pretty much sums up the men's rights movement.

Which seems rather strange, I mean.....except for very specific areas such as paternal rights, divorce proceedings, and being alone around young children, they have like....all the rights?

Well, there are ways in which men get shafted, like the lack of resources for male victims of abuse.

There are also ways in which men and women both get the short shrift, like difficulty getting parental leave.

And then there are ways in which men sometimes get fucked over but there's no good way to fix them without fucking women over a hell of a lot more, like the lack of options for men if a woman decides she wants to have a baby that the man doesn't want.

And then there are ways in which men perceive women as having power that they don't, like when Nice Guys(tm) look at their personal disempowerment and generalize it to all women and say things like "women have all the power in sexual relationships."

And then there are aspects of female empowerment that some men get frightened by, like how women in positions of power are more likely to be perceived as being aggressive even when they act exactly the same way as a man.

What happens in almost every 'men's rights' discussion almost anywhere on the Internet (at least in my experience) is that somebody will start talking about the first thing and then somebody else will start to talk about the second thing from a uniquely male perspective and then somebody comes in on one of the other things and then it just sort of all goes to shit and it becomes obvious that some men won't be satisfied until every woman everywhere has been completely stripped of any ability to be threatening in any way whatsoever.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    holy balls i am tired, just got back from chicago
    at least the plane took the scenic approach and i could see my apartment and things and all of manhattan and the sights etc

but i'm pooped

at least there was free wine

maybe part of the reason im so tired

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Yes. But that doesn't mean he should be forced to do something that makes him uncomfortable anyway. That is what is meant by valuing his uncomfortableness.

I'm not going to respect him for it. The reason he's uncomfortable is his own problem, and he should learn to deal with it. That's my problem with his little pantomime.

oh man wtf

He's trying to weasel out of the fact that he feels like he shouldn't have to compete against a girl. Never mind that she met the exact same fucking standard to get there as he did.

What article are you reading?

He wasn't comfortable with it. He felt it was against his religion. He politely opted out and praised his would be opponents.

But I guess if women aren't comfortable sharing a locker room with guys they should just suck it up huh.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    i think it'd be rude to disrespect the rules of the game because of how you feel about your opponent

tyrannus on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2011
    Yes. But that doesn't mean he should be forced to do something that makes him uncomfortable anyway. That is what is meant by valuing his uncomfortableness.

I'm not going to respect him for it. The reason he's uncomfortable is his own problem, and he should learn to deal with it. That's my problem with his little pantomime.

oh man wtf

He's trying to weasel out of the fact that he feels like he shouldn't have to compete against a girl. Never mind that she met the exact same fucking standard to get there as he did.

'shouldn't have to'

are you kidding me

he said he respects her ability and hopes she goes on to do well

she lost her next match, he won his, btw

Organichu on
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Some kinds of discomfort cannot be helped. You're just conditioned that way. And even if a reaction can be said to be 'wrong', no person can be entirely in control of how they'll feel about everything. The best we can hope for is to be self-aware enough to know when perhaps we are responding to a situation poorly, avoid those situations, or work on changing that response. It is unfair to judge a person on an aspect of their self they are not in complete control of.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    That fucking punk kid, choosing to be raised in a way that makes him view women differently. Should fucking be flogged I tell you.

Kagera on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    New bulletstorm video, so psyched!

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Kagera wrote: »
    You want some Vagisil for that problem of yours Chu? I promise to get you a pony if you stop crying you pretty pretty princess.

hah

like, i don't get it

honestly

i think maybe the people bitching have never competed in high level contact sports

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    tyrannus wrote: »
    i think it'd be rude to disrespect the rules of the game because of how you feel about your opponent

So if a Jew refused to compete against a Neo-Nazi in a chess match because his father was a survivor of the Holocaust, you'd call him rude?

Kagera on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    tyrannus wrote: »
    i think it'd be rude to disrespect the rules of the game because of the how you feel about your opponent

I don't think having a personal weakness should be considered "rude."

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011

I uh what

I don't even

what

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

This is the one where the discuss the merits and problems with objectivism over tea and eventually decide to agree to disagree and go for a stroll in the gardens right?

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    also he didn't disrespect the rules of the game

he defaulted on the match and stayed in the competition for the loser's bracket

he was well within the rules

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited February 2011

This is the one where the discuss the merits and problems with objectivism over tea and eventually decide to agree to disagree and go for a stroll in the gardens right?

Yes yes, umm actually no its where they show people being dismembered in increasingly horrific and hilarious ways. Yeah.... going to have to ummmm go now.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    when i did jits i sparred a lot with girls
    because i was relatively light so then they ended up being some of the people my size
    one of them had giganto boobs

that's all i have to add to this stupid discussion

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    edited February 2011

Did you read the article?

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nO9tzH5VSKA

POD soundtrack, but you know thats the kind of music for a game like this.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    sorry, I've accidentally squeezed your breasts and ejaculated

could we get a new mat?

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    when i did jits i sparred a lot with girls
    because i was relatively light so then they ended up being some of the people my size
    one of them had giganto boobs

that's all i have to add to this stupid discussion

Did that give you a crane kick in your pants?

Kagera on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I'll probably play bulletstorm with my AC/DC cd's in the changer.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Variable wrote: »
    sorry, I've accidentally squeezed your breasts and ejaculated

could we get a new mat?

:whistle: She stuck her finger in my anus to do a butt drag and I

jizzed

on

the mat :whistle:

Feral on

• Options
    edited February 2011
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    Hedgie, almost every human being has things which they are uncomfortable with for stupid reasons, many of those reasons being based on horrible societal bullshit. That does not mean that discomfort is not to be put into consideration.

Doesn't mean it should be, either.

As for the person who pointed out he brought up his faith, I find that to be a strike against him, to be honest. I'd like to know where, exactly, it says for him to not compete against women.

AngelHedgie on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    he's probably afraid of getting a boner

that's why I don't wrestle

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited February 2011

If anyone was getting this on the PS3 I'd buy it day one. :/

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

If girls showed more interest, there would be a girls-only wrestling team and this situation would not have happened.

STOP STUBBORNLY STICKING TO SOFTBALL, GIRLS! TRY WRESTLING!

emnmnme on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I mean

that's why I don't wrestle girls

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Incenjucar wrote: »

Doesn't mean it should be, either.

As for the person who pointed out he brought up his faith, I find that to be a strike against him, to be honest. I'd like to know where, exactly, it says for him to not compete against women.

People aren't allowed to opt out of voluntary things based on their religion?

And if you can't see how wrestling a woman might be in conflict with a christian faith you should probably watch a match.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    there is a decent way to hold a contrary opinion, and an indecent way

failing to discern one from the other, hedgie, is what has us all being called overly-pc-liberal-ivory-towers

so, you know, thanks for that

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    i bet if the kid were a muslim, suddenly it'd be like RESPECT HIS RELIGION

but no he's a dumb christian, lol at this little condescending asshole

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited February 2011

Did you read the article?

Yes, I did. I also wrestled throughout high school as well.

It's funny - if we were to make this about, say, debate - I think everyone would immediately see the point.

AngelHedgie on
  • Options
    edited February 2011

If anyone was getting this on the PS3 I'd buy it day one. :/

Sorry fluff patriarchy demanded I get a 360, besides this way I have a better chance of playing with jacob and making fun of will more.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Yes, I did. I also wrestled throughout high school as well.

It's funny - if we were to make this about, say, debate - I think everyone would immediately see the point.

Yes if we were to change the nature of the competition entirely it might support your point better.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I don't think you usually grope people during debate

Elendil on
This discussion has been closed.