As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Community: hit me with your genie's bottle, rub it all over me (season 3 confirmed!)

• Options
    smeejsmeej Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Is there really a Pierce-Abed episode? That's been bugging me.

smeej on
    IT'S A SAD THING THAT YOUR ADVENTURES HAVE ENDED HERE!!
  • Options
    Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    useless4 wrote: »
    You don't have friends like that? that you really don't like but just kind'a "there"?

No, and Pierce goes beyond "don't like", he's actively just awful to his "friends" all the time, and then attempts to justify his being a terrible person by citing how they try to blow him off or keep him out of stuff (which of course they do because he's a terrible person who ruins everything).

If I had a friend like Pierce, I'd very quickly *not* have a friend like Pierce.

Vincent Grayson on
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    The 'more fish' line needs to be the new thread title.

Was the word compli-sults or complinsults? Either way, I need to use it and the idea more often.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    You don't have friends like that? that you really don't like but just kind'a "there"?

No, and Pierce goes beyond "don't like", he's actively just awful to his "friends" all the time, and then attempts to justify his being a terrible person by citing how they try to blow him off or keep him out of stuff (which of course they do because he's a terrible person who ruins everything).

If I had a friend like Pierce, I'd very quickly *not* have a friend like Pierce.

imagine a world where you'd still be friends with jeff considering everything from the pilot onward

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I preferred explanibrag.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I prefer anything from Jeff and Britta's father-impersonation contest.

smeej on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Remember when it seemed like Joel McHale and Gillian Jacobs had no chemistry?

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I think I need to watch this episode a few more times. I remember the Britta scenes being awesome, but all I can see is Troy alternating between throwing tantrums and staring at Levar.

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Their dirty dirty making out on top of Abed in the bar episode actually makes me go, "awww".

smeej on
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    God this episode was so good. It never ceases to amaze me how good this show gets.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Variable wrote: »

imagine a world where you'd still be friends with jeff considering everything from the pilot onward

I can imagine that easily, I like Jeff's attitude.

Vincent Grayson on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Hang out with him and you'll get a laugh or two/ That's the Jeff Winger Guarantee.

smeej on
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    The Britta Jeff exchange was a thing of unmatched beauty and wonder. That is all.

chiasaur11 on
  • Options
    edited February 2011

you'd have ditched him before you ever found out about that attitude

unless you were say on a show with him or something

he showed nothing good before he was unveiled as lying about the entire study group just to get with britta.

Variable on
  • Options
    CantideCantide Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

you'd have ditched him before you ever found out about that attitude

unless you were say on a show with him or something

he showed nothing good before he was unveiled as lying about the entire study group just to get with britta.

What? Before that he had the great Shark Week speech. And before that they weren't trying to be friends anyway, just a study group.

Cantide on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    So, what was Abed's bequeathment?

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    shark week

... yeah they weren't trying to be friends and he was an asshole.

luckily it's TV and he's able to do the speech and feel all sad that he won't pass the test and they bring him back in. it's like they're destined to stick together no matter what.

Variable on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    to make the documentary?

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/

• Options
    edited February 2011
    Spoit wrote: »
    So, what was Abed's bequeathment?

Abed would never fall for that shit, so was removed from the process. Pierce is not entirely stupid/clueless.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    inflicting psychological torture on troy is probably the closest thing you can do to inflicting psychological torture on abed

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I really wanted troy to get a grip in the closing

I laughed a lot but that was disappointing to me, I wanted him to be happy

Variable on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I really wanted troy to get a grip in the closing

I laughed a lot but that was disappointing to me, I wanted him to be happy

I thought he was going to start singing along :(

Nappuccino on

• Options
    RhalloTonnyRhalloTonny Of the BrownlandsRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Look, I loved Modern Warfare and the zombie episode was fun,

but after seeing what the writers can do with bottle episodes and how well they can do it, it just makes me want more.

RhalloTonny on
    !
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    oh my god this was an amazing episode

so hilarious

need to rewatch the car bit and all the troy bits

Alegis on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Oh god. I'm finally watching it on Hulu now and you guys weren't lying. Breast episode ever.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I thought Britta donated the check to the hospital, but watching it again she only donated a dollar bill of some type. Shock!

TexiKen on
  • Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Nappuccino wrote: »
    to make the documentary?

Yeah, and the negative part was to make him do a style he doesn't like (and make the group act difference because it's on tape).

a5ehren on
  • Options
    ArlingtonArlington Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I think I need to watch this episode a few more times. I remember the Britta scenes being awesome, but all I can see is Troy alternating between throwing tantrums and staring at Levar.

I think the Troy thing went over my head as well.

Arlington on
  • Options
    SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Britta was amazing this episode. I take back every bad thing I ever said about her.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I need to watch this episode again because even though I found it to be awesome, I didnt find it to me as hllarious as some of you. I feel like I missed stuff.
    Though Troy was great and the Jeff/Britta parent conversation was absolutely epic.

"We're in the green zone!"
    "Thats Iraq not Iran, stupid."
    "What do I know, Im Jeff Winger's dumb gay dad?"

As for why they keep Pierce around. They sort of dont. I mean, have you ever had a friend you all disliked? I mean, what are you supposed to do, make a big dramatic break up speech? They have gone out of their way NOT to include Pierce. They bad mouth him and are generally negative to him. And thats about all you CAN do if someone is in your group that you don't like.

After this episode they likely feel bad about not including him and will try to do so more. Pierce's character is pretty awesome for an ensemble cast like this because someone like him usually exists in every group of friends. No show has really addressed that fact outside of a few specific episodes.

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Disrupter wrote: »

I love this considering her self-righteous "I have a gay friend, and it's totally cool. I'm soooo not homophobic" arc from last week. But, like in the football episode, one of her go to insult is "gay."

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I know we have talked about it before, but can we just pause and be jealous of how fucking good Donald Glover is at everything?

http://hypem.com/item/17txx

projectmayhem on
  • Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    God, his reaction to LeVar Burton was my EXACT reaction to Edward James Olmos and Michael Hogan when I met them at Wizard World: Philadelphia.

I knew how Troy felt. Which made me laugh and cringe all at the same time.

Mim on
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

I love this considering her self-righteous "I have a gay friend, and it's totally cool. I'm soooo not homophobic" arc from last week. But, like in the football episode, one of her go to insult is "gay."

I don't think she's using it as an insult.

I think she just has a very naive notion of what the term means and keeps applying it in inappropriate situations.

That's kind of a running theme for her; she loves to seem like she has life experience that she actually doesn't.

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    edited February 2011

she also remarked last week that there was a question you'd only ask gay people not 'normal' people

it is very funny

Variable on
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Donald Glover's facial expressions are a national treasure and should have their own wing in the Smithsonian.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Also, I was just talking with my brother a few weeks ago about Modern Family and whether or not the talking head segments were lazy writing. It was fun to see Community's take on it.

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    KweliKweli Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Two moments I had to rewind twice
    "sourface, your next"
    and jeff's nervous episode while waiting for his dad.. especially when he lets out a yell, then starts laughing

Kweli on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I was so happy to hear that line

Variable on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    "You better not intercut this with footage of me freaking out."

OptimusZed wrote: »

I don't think she's using it as an insult.

I think she just has a very naive notion of what the term means and keeps applying it in inappropriate situations.

That's kind of a running theme for her; she loves to seem like she has life experience that she actually doesn't.
    It's pretty consistent with her beliefs on anyone masculine being a repressed homosexual. Look at her attitude towards fighting in the first season Christmas episode.

smeej on
This discussion has been closed.