As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MS[Phalla]Adventures: Bec Noir slips up, Midnight Crew wins!

• Options
    CantideCantide Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I knew pigeon becoming an SK was a possibility, but I'll admit that I believed it was more likely to be Egos. It helped that

a) I wasn't all that worried about what pigeon could do. Anon was guaranteed to survive the first attack on him, and I had both a chance of surviving and a chance of taking my attacker with me, so he couldn't just knife us in the back and move on. Egos on the other hand had all kinds of crazy powers and could potentially turn our kills on each other.

b) as I posted in the proboard, if pigeon had won, I still would have considered that a victory in spirit. Especially since Roo himself said that there are no conversions, therefore Bec Noir was still mafia, just with an added condition. So if he was the last man standing, that would still mean it was one mafia and zero villagers, which qualifies as a mafia victory.

Cantide on
  • Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    So, what would the GREEN SUN have done if i hadn't eaten the vote?

I am genuinely curious.

Also, good game, everybody. Fun times.

Daypigeon on
  • Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    pigeonking wrote: »
    So, what would the GREEN SUN have done if i hadn't eaten the vote?

I am genuinely curious.

Also, good game, everybody. Fun times.

Given you an unblockable kill the following day, it also would have been enough to take down MK.

The Fax Machine just allowed The Prisoner to send an anonymous message to someone. Basically if The Prisoner played his game well, he would be awarded items of power.

I'll post all the role PM's later today.

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Ahahaha
    So when you suggested that we further his hijinks as repayment for our cutting up, you were in fact punishing us.

8-)

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    The flood of cut puns was definitely the best part of this game. I couldn't believe none of the villagers picked up on pigeon's posts.

Cantide on
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I guess in the end, we happened to be a cut above the rest.

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    In the end, they couldn't cut the mustard 8-)

Daypigeon on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    pigeonking wrote: »
    Is the mafia getting a guard or busdriver really that common? Even a hectic game, roles follow some pretty set patterns. Guards are usually village aligned, and busdriver could easily be a village or neutral deal. Have you contacted roman at all? not mistrusting your judgement or anything, Erich Zahn, but I don't want to see you cut off your nose to spite your face...in other analysis stuff, has Phyphor posted at all since day one? He's on the player list, but I don't remember seeing anything recently. I mean this game has a buttload of people just skirting activity requirements, but that pretty much takes the cake. I'm also surprised at how quiet Darian and Egos are being for longtime vets.

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of the way Terr and Spoit cut a deal last night. I've seen mafia pull those off too many times. Stick to your guns, damn it So yeah, Terrendos for the silver medal in my opinion. Not convinced by these wishy-washy half-assed reveals.

It got to the point where he couldn't even stop himself.

Like someone cut his brakes

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    Over The MoonOver The Moon Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    My first phalla: Total Failure

Got played by the mafia, and threw away a damn comb rave.

Over The Moon on
  • Options
    SomestickguySomestickguy Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    on me.

honk.

Somestickguy on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Darian wrote: »
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    Somestickguy: CKyle, simulacrum, Erich Zahn, BlueBlue, ZapRat, Terrendos, Snit
    Spoit: Somestickguy, Dragon6860
    Dragon6860: Ringo, pigeonking, Spoit, Over The Moon, Avraham, Sir Fabulous, The Anonymous, Darian
    CKyle: Alt_Raven
    simulacrum: romanqwerty
    Miscellaneousinsanity: Phyphor
    Snit: Cantide
    Erich Zahn: Egos

Dragon is up by one! Will somestickguy not even lift a finger to save himself? The clock ticks!

This is interesting to me; by my count, Dragon was actually up by two at this point at the end of Day 2. BlueBlue (who died as mafia) posted a wrong vote count; he failed to record Miscellaneousinsanity's vote for Dragon6860. No idea whether that is actually significant, but we have a known mafia misreporting the vote.

Complete accident on my part

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    AvrahamAvraham Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    fucking comb raves

village loss due to gross incompetence

good game, gentlemen!

Avraham on
    :bz: :bz: :bzz:
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    My first phalla: Total Failure

Got played by the mafia, and threw away a damn comb rave.

to be fair, this was a really complicated game to start out with

you'll get better! Just takes practice. And a healthy dose of skepticism. :)

Daypigeon on
  • Options
    daniantdaniant Columbus, OhioRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I would just like to say:

I was the worst guard ever. Ever.

Soo...yeah.

daniant on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Avraham wrote: »
    fucking comb raves

good game, gentlemen!

I'm really sorry about your role. I like to put at least 1 complete villager in my games, just to fuck with everyone's mind.

Sowwwyyyy.

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Thetheroo wrote: »
    fucking comb raves

good game, gentlemen!

I'm really sorry about your role. I like to put at least 1 complete villager in my games, just to fuck with everyone's mind.

Sowwwyyyy.

oh I thought he was a death miller...

Egos on
  • Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Oh, pigeon. So confident in your victory last night.

How the mighty have fallen.

Terrendos on
  • Options
    Ghostly ClockworkGhostly Clockwork Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Good game though! Heh, didn't get to see much of it, but hey! Maybe next time I'll last more than 2 days :-D

Ghostly Clockwork on
    FTC: honk.
    FTC: HONK.

HLRpxno.png
    PAX Prime 2014 Resistance Tournament Winner
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Well played pigeon. And T_A.

The village wasn't that smart, but you guys did play pretty well too.

OK, reading the mafia boards. The village was pretty damn dumb. Especially the 4 kingdoms people, who didn't grasp the meaning of primary win condition and/or being village aligned.

And that the network was doomed from the start, since it was lousy with neutral and "neutral" collaborators, even before we welcomed pigeon in with open arms

Wait, how many kills did the mafia have? and what percentage of the game was the village anyway, 2/3? half, if you don't count the people who were nominally village aligned, but screwed it over for their secondary win condition?

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Thetheroo wrote: »
    fucking comb raves

good game, gentlemen!

Sowwwyyyy.

What did Avraham's comb rave do :D

(he...had a comb rave right? He had to! :P)

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Spoit wrote: »
    Well played pigeon. And T_A.

The village wasn't that smart, but you guys did play pretty well too.

OK, reading the mafia boards. The village was pretty damn dumb. Especially the 4 kingdoms people, who didn't grasp the meaning of primary win condition and/or being village aligned.

And that the network was doomed from the start, since it was lousy with neutral and "neutral" collaborators, even before we welcomed pigeon in with open arms

Wait, how many kills did the mafia have? and what percentage of the game was the village anyway, 2/3? half, if you don't count the people who were nominally village aligned, but screwed it over for their secondary win condition?

Unless one of the players who didn't die was a neutral, there were three neutrals, whom if they were never in the game period would still give you the typical 20% mafia rate (as it is 17.8% due to their presence, and there usually are a neutral or two in a mini regardless of this extra consideration roo took). Or to rephrase it, it seems that roo added players to the game as neutrals instead of taking away villagers. And to be frank taking away one or two villagers as neutrals would be fine in a vanilla game, triply so in a game as high powered as this.

Nothing wrong there, and the secondary win conditions are of course their own fault :P.

With no group kill, no cover roles, and only one vanillager in the game its really amazing the mafia managed to win this. Hell, they had to make a 1 in 28 seering shot and deny one of their number victory for additional power to do it in the first place.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I'm gonna go ahead and claim credit for every bad decision the village made

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Yeah, we mafia got really lucky in this one. Even though he didn't make it to the end, I have to say Egos was the MVP. His comb raves got us

1) Random seering effects on 6 people that confirmed a few villagers for us and gave the identity of the Hog Provost, which proved surprisingly useful

2) An extra kill every night plus an extra one-off cut kill for pigeon

3) One extra kill for anon

Even the comb rave he gave to Moon ended up being used to save my life (I still don't know how you guys came up with that idea). If we hadn't hooked up with Egos right at the start, we wouldn't have had a chance.

Cantide on
  • Options
    Over The MoonOver The Moon Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    It was my idea actually. I just couldn't believe Gamzee could ever be village aligned. I almost didn't even use the rave that night.

Over The Moon on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Actually, if my plan had worked, the village would have won.

Instead the village shot themselves in the foot twice.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Yeah, I found SSG's reveal pretty dubious. Oh wells, sorry bout that.

I had a lot of fun with this! This was a good first time phalla experience. I probably won't sign up for another unless its theme is something I'm into, but I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this board from now on.
    GG
    B33

miscellaneousinsanity on
    uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    ZapRatZapRat Mage of Mind A place apartRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Even though I lost I give thanks to Egos, who allowed me the chance to write verse 3 of my elegy. I still haven't quite figured out Dr. Wasp, but from what I read he was very much in character.

ZapRat on
    CYDUJ.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Terrendos wrote: »

At least I got my final revenge with my wimpy little one vote, and got to live up to your location, tho I was no more victorious than Bro.
    Sorry I did not trust you, BlueBlue lit some sick fires in the network rumor mill.

ZapRat on
    CYDUJ.jpg
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    ZapRat wrote: »
    Terrendos wrote: »

At least I got my final revenge with my wimpy little one vote, and got to live up to your location, tho I was no more victorious than Bro.
    Sorry I did not trust you, BlueBlue lit some sick fires in the network rumor mill.

But really, when pigeon was part of the mafia and being less cagey and shady...:(

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    By the way, what was the Bard's power? I must admit that pigeon was by far the most clever and dangerous crew member. BlueBlue sowed confusion from without, though briefly, while pigeon did a lethal inside job. My biggest regret was not outright revealing my suspicions, when I first suspected them. I left him out of many of my net comms as soon as I determined that even if Cantide were lying about Swain, the mob was short a member.

ZapRat on
    CYDUJ.jpg
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Did the mafia actually control the bus driver, or was that someone following their suggestions? Seems as though all the neutral types ended up helping out the mafia here. I wish I'd have actually had a day confirmed to a network, but alas. I've never been a fan of the automatic "vig calls shot night one and forms a network" plan.

At least I had one good hunch in there.

Darian on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Did the mafia actually control the bus driver, or was that someone following their suggestions? Seems as though all the neutral types ended up helping out the mafia here. I wish I'd have actually had a day confirmed to a network, but alas. I've never been a fan of the automatic "vig calls shot night one and forms a network" plan.

I don't know of any other guards, but egos protected Boxcars, but had a spat with him and started protecting me, Death. He was apparently threatening a post- mortem rat-out to ZapRat if they betrayed him. Until the role cards are shown, I still don't know Egos motivations. His early alliance with the mob allowed their victory, but his spats with them nearly finished them, and would have if with net had done the vote-change properly.

My first phalla was typified by inscrutable good luck, though surviving to the end was not my victory condition. I could have been offed much earlier, if not for blind luck and mob shenanigans.

ZapRat on
    CYDUJ.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011

Basically egos pm'd us at random on the first day and was a bus driver/comb rave filler.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Wouldn't call it random, I had worked with roman in the past. So you were lucky to have him on board .

Egos on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    It was random in that the person you contacted was mafia

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    It was random in that the person you contacted was mafia

I'm always mafia. Didn't you get the memo?

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Thank goodness no one else but egos did

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    By the way, what was the Bard's power? I must admit that pigeon was by far the most clever and dangerous crew member. BlueBlue sowed confusion from without, though briefly, while pigeon did a lethal inside job. My biggest regret was not outright revealing my suspicions, when I first suspected them. I left him out of many of my net comms as soon as I determined that even if Cantide were lying about Swain, the mob was short a member.

The Bard had to always speak in poem form, and every night he sent a poem to a random player. If that player was royalty, such as any ambassador from the 4 kingdoms or the Weasel King, he received a ROYAL BOON. He never received one, though.

I'll post my original design document for this game, it changed a little bit, some of you might notice your role PM's were a bit different, but it's mostly the same.
    Problem Sleuth- Vig with SLEUTH DIPLOMACY, if successfully kills a non-village aligned character than SLEUTH DIPLOMACY lvls up, Comb Rave is SEPULCHRITUDE

Ace Dick- Guard, comb rave is TRUFFLE SHUFFLE all roles are reassigned

Pickle Inspector- Nothing at first, but if dies turns into GODHEAD PICKLE INSPECTOR, comb rave is ANCHORS AWAY which allows him to choose who dies to the vote

(If all are on a proboard together, than can POSE AS A TEAM)

Honeybee Professor- Seer, if finds one of the main characters can fill their COMB RAVE

Prisoner- Has to make all posts in the style of a text-based adventure game. These posts must be responded to by either the next person to answer or the host. Items or powers gained here are carried over to the real game.

Hysterical Dame- Mason with NB

Nervous Broad- Mason with HD

Ace Dick 2- Punch in snout to establish ______, can punch a character to find out what their power is

The Bard- All posts must be in the form of a song or poem. Once per night you must compose a poem or song to send to a random character, if this character is royalty and they like it than gain a power up

Gamzee- Gamzee, what are you doing here? His honking horns can cause a distraction, giving him a 25% chance on all actions against him failing

Death- Tired of all these shenanigans. Can anonymously send 1 message to a dead player through the host each night, and the reply can be edited by host

Candy Mecha- Can cause diabetes in a character, can kill MK but does not know it

Sonhearst- Nothing, but if Wife Hearst and Ace Dick 2 are killed than becomes Bathearst, masoned with Wife Hearst

Wife Hearst- Masoned with Sonhearst, role blocker

Weasel King- Twice in the game can FLIP THE FUCK OUT. This can be done by typing a long rant in ALL CAPS. The person above and below this post gets either their role, win condition, or power revealed to the entire thread

Weasel Emissary- Along with the village win condition, you must also steal the Elven Eggs without losing the Salted Melons

Elf Exemplar- “” gain Clown Pie without losing eggs

Hog Provost- “” gain Salted Melon without being spanked

Clown Pontificate- “” spank Hog without losing pie

Baddies-
    Mobster Kingpin- Has a kill every night, if seered than can do FILL EM WITH DAYLIGHT, attacked becomes DMK needs another hit. Candy mecha can nullify.

Spades Slick- Insta kill, if uses the word “cut” in the same witty sentence as the full name of another player, than that player dies in 8 posts. Can only be done 4 times and only once a day. Comb Rave is SUMMON ALTERNATE UNIVERSE COUNTERPART, then becomes Bec Noir and a 3rd party neutral

Hearts Boxcar- Always rolls boxcars, as such is able to fill up the Comb Rave of a partner if seered

Diamonds Droog- Ultraviolence, if killed has a 50% chance of taking the attacker or 1

Clubs Deuce- Has a fistfull of penis, therefore is so disgusting he is immune to the vote

Fluthulu- Serial Killer

Professor Wasp- Neutral, role blocker/busdriver/ comb rave filler, needs to survive till the end of the game

Humanimal- Abomination, must die to vote without revealing who you are. You take 1 person with you when you die.

Villager- Normal, sucks to be you

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Doh! My only dramatic kill wasn't even a member of the Midnight Crew anymore! I ended up helping the Crew so much that they should make me an honorary member :-)

Looks like Spades inadvertently stole Fluthu's role

If forced conversions were not possible, would TRUFFLE SHUFFLE just randomly reassign each role within each team?

This was definitely a fascinatingly weird game!

ZapRat on
    CYDUJ.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Doh! My only dramatic kill wasn't even a member of the Midnight Crew anymore! I ended up helping the Crew so much that they should make me an honorary member :-)

Looks like Spades inadvertently stole Fluthu's role

If forced conversions were not possible, would TRUFFLE SHUFFLE just randomly reassign each role within each team?

This was definitely a fascinatingly weird game!

Nah, TRUFFLE SHUFFLE would make every player a new character. I didn't really expect anyone to activate it, I just thought it would have been hilarious.

Thetheroo on