As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Mono[chat]

RichyRichy Registered User regular
edited February 2011 in Debate and/or Discourse
This [chat] thread dedicated to the good old days, back when the Simpsons didn't suck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF_yLodI1CQ

sig.gif
Richy on

• FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Jesus, Tyrannus, I'm sorry.

FroThulhu on
  • tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    just worried about my mom

she got to see her a few weeks ago and thank god for that

i just hope she'll be okay

they were like, best friends :\

tyrannus on
  • ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Sorry Tyr, that sucks

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'll be darned, that song was only a minute long.

Gim on
  • stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    El, I will get widgets for everyone, then. What exactly does the widget do?

Also, Winky, do it. It's not too late but I imagine it's getting to the point that it is. You just have to at least get a definitive yes or no.

Also, Tyr, I'm really sorry, duder :(

stevemarks44 on
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    you get a sword

if it gets enough downloads you get xp+/gold+ tomes

Elendil on
  • mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Was the Johnny Mnemonic movie any good?

Ok, I know it wasn't, but is it enjoyable in some way or just bad?

mrflippy on
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    My condolences, Tyrannus. That's terrible.

moniker on
    edited February 2011
    Ok, the last [chat] closed while I was typing this. I wouldn't usually continue something from the last thread, especially not when someone else is in a more severe emotional state, but this all went way personal, so...
    moniker wrote: »
    FroThulhu wrote: »
    I have control over it only so far as my actual actions. And, for the record, there are many people whose relationships bring me joy.

I'm not happy being alone. I don't enjoy not having sex. I'm not entirely sure what kind of magical personality change I'm supposed to go through in order to change that.

Not being happy at the prospect of being alone and sexless is not a bad thing. In fact it can be quite the good thing! (Assuming you aren't somewhat introverted and so need to spend some time alone with your thoughts to recharge.)

This, on the other hand, is not.
    It's more that the massive sexual appeal of extremely effeminate male celebrities bugs me.

[...] the concept bothers me.

Be a man. Work on overcoming that character flaw.

I think I'm not being very clear and failing to express what I'm thinking. Which would be par for the course for me really but what I'm saying is

Negative feeling->bad reasoning->self-examination of bad reasoning->determining negative feeling is silly

seems like a pretty decent process. Healthy actually. Eventually it may (hopefully will) get to the point where the negative reaction doesn't even happen

Basically what I'm saying is: He kinda already is working on it, no?

Given some of his other posts, no I don't think he is.

Ugh, this [chat]'s gonna get closed pretty soon.

The fact is, I do work on shit like this. I'm constantly working on shit like this. That's part of my Thing. I've actually come to recognize a rough edge I can sand down a little, just in the course of this whole thing.

FroThulhu on
    edited February 2011
    Was this a sudden thing, tyr?

Sorry to hear about it :(

Gim on
  • ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    mrflippy wrote: »

I dunno if it's fun to watch by yourself, but watching it with friends is fun.

They need to put Strange Days on instant queue.

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
    edited February 2011
    And Inq, pastrami is delicious; you shut your mouth. Then open it, and eat a reuben.

moniker on
    edited February 2011
    And Inq, pastrami is delicious; you shut your mouth. Then open it, and eat a reuben.

I like pastrami, but I don't enjoy that society always wants to slather it in mustard and pickle slices.

Gim on
  • ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011

culvers reuben melt

imagescale.aspx?image=images\ProductDetail\img-fav-20-reubenmelt.jpg&size=370

s'what I'm talkin bout amirite

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    edited February 2011
    Zampanov wrote: »

culvers reuben melt

imagescale.aspx?image=images\ProductDetail\img-fav-20-reubenmelt.jpg&size=370

s'what I'm talkin bout amirite

I hate you now I want that.

mrflippy on
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited February 2011

I watched 3 minutes from the beginning and was like "damn, I gotta watch this." I'm going to watch it all soon.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
    edited February 2011

I actually got a chance to watch both of those recently(by that I mean, in the last couple of years), and Strange Days is the better of the two.

Both of them have a really cheesey view of Cyberpunk future-time, especially considering how near-future-now-past they are. But they're both fun.

FroThulhu on
    edited February 2011
    I wonder how the port (?) of SoTC will fare.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
    edited February 2011

I actually got a chance to watch both of those recently(by that I mean, in the last couple of years), and Strange Days is the better of the two.

Both of them have a really cheesey view of Cyberpunk future-time, especially considering how near-future-now-past they are.

yeah that's what made me think of it I was like "oh yeah Johnny Mnemonic. that movie that makes me wish I was watching Strange Days."

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    edited February 2011
    Ok, the last [chat] closed while I was typing this. I wouldn't usually continue something from the last thread, especially not when someone else is in a more severe emotional state, but this all went way personal, so...
    I have control over it only so far as my actual actions. And, for the record, there are many people whose relationships bring me joy.

I'm not happy being alone. I don't enjoy not having sex. I'm not entirely sure what kind of magical personality change I'm supposed to go through in order to change that.

Not being happy at the prospect of being alone and sexless is not a bad thing. In fact it can be quite the good thing! (Assuming you aren't somewhat introverted and so need to spend some time alone with your thoughts to recharge.)

This, on the other hand, is not.
    It's more that the massive sexual appeal of extremely effeminate male celebrities bugs me.

[...] the concept bothers me.

Be a man. Work on overcoming that character flaw.

I think I'm not being very clear and failing to express what I'm thinking. Which would be par for the course for me really but what I'm saying is

Negative feeling->bad reasoning->self-examination of bad reasoning->determining negative feeling is silly

seems like a pretty decent process. Healthy actually. Eventually it may (hopefully will) get to the point where the negative reaction doesn't even happen

Basically what I'm saying is: He kinda already is working on it, no?

Given some of his other posts, no I don't think he is.

Ugh, this [chat]'s gonna get closed pretty soon.

The fact is, I do work on shit like this. I'm constantly working on shit like this. That's part of my Thing. I've actually come to recognize a rough edge I can sand down a little, just in the course of this whole thing.

Well, good. Good luck with it.

moniker on
    edited February 2011

I for one will give them all of the dollars

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    edited February 2011

Both of them have a really cheesey view of Cyberpunk future-time, especially considering how near-future-now-past they are.

yeah that's what made me think of it I was like "oh yeah Johnny Mnemonic. that movie that makes me wish I was watching Strange Days."

Haha, yeah, I get that. Although there's some p cool stuff in Mnemonic. The dolphin doesn't make any sense though.

@Moniker: U mad bro?

FroThulhu on
    edited February 2011

I plead ignorance on this one

is it getting the God of War Collection treatment, or is this going to look like it actually belongs on a PS3?

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
    edited February 2011
    @Moniker: U mad bro?

Not at all, I'm totally sincere and hope you make some progress on that.

I'm also totally sincere about how everyone should be eating a reuben.

moniker on
  • South hostSouth host I obey without question Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    2 questions.

1. I have Killian's and gin, but am also kinda sick. Should I drink tonight?

2. If I do, should I assemble Orks, or play Fallout 3, Oblivion, Knights of the Old Republic 1/2, or Just Cause 2?

South host on
    Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
    edited February 2011

is it getting the God of War Collection treatment, or is this going to look like it actually belongs on a PS3?

I thought they did a pretty good job with the god of war ports

that being said, I haven't seen anything on how they're doing with the sotc port, I just want to play it again without having to plug in the ps2

also I want to give them more money because I love that game like fat kids love cake

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    edited February 2011

I really enjoyed the short stories set in the world, but I assume the movie is a bizarre bastardized version of that.

mrflippy on
    edited February 2011
    South host wrote: »
    2 questions.

2. If I do, should I assemble Orks, or play Fallout 3, Oblivion, Knights of the Old Republic 1/2, or Just Cause 2?

play something multiplayer, drunk videogames by yourself isn't as fun as drunk videogames with other people

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    edited February 2011

I thought they did a pretty good job with the god of war ports

that being said, I haven't seen anything on how they're doing with the sotc port, I just want to play it again without having to plug in the ps2

also I want to give them more money because I love that game like fat kids love cake

oh yeah I'll buy it, I love SoTC

and yeah the God of War games looked decent, I mean they were PS2 games and not tremendously impressive so the upscale to HD was good for what they had to work with.

SoTC is just so gorgeous as it is, I almost don't want them to touch it. Even the spotty framerate adds something to the experience.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
    edited February 2011
    2 questions.

if you have to play oblivion, try nehrim. it's a full conversion mod that's pretty great. done in like the gothic style.

tyrannus on
    edited February 2011

I will pay you in cake if you let me come over and play it.

Gim on
    edited February 2011
    I really enjoyed the short stories set in the world, but I assume the movie is a bizarre bastardized version of that.

I don't know anything about your short stories, but bizarre bastardization sounds appropriate. Watch it man, what else you got to do right now?

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    edited February 2011
    Gim wrote: »

I only accept triple chocolate

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    edited February 2011
    Gim wrote: »

I only accept triple chocolate

I only have Quad Damage Chocolate.

Gim on
  • stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    What kind of gin do you have? Is it good gin?

It better be good gin

stevemarks44 on
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Hey Tyrannus, this got eaten with the thread closure but you have my sympathies.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
    edited February 2011
    tyrannus wrote: »
    2 questions.

if you have to play oblivion, try nehrim. it's a full conversion mod that's pretty great. done in like the gothic style.

I have it on 360. :?

And Zampanov, the only good multiplayer game I have is Halo: Reach, and while it's fun, small multiplayer games aren't relaxing to me. Something like Battlefield 2, if I had a computer that could still run it, would be relaxing though.

South host on
    edited February 2011
    oh yeah I'll buy it, I love SoTC

and yeah the God of War games looked decent, I mean they were PS2 games and not tremendously impressive so the upscale to HD was good for what they had to work with.

SoTC is just so gorgeous as it is, I almost don't want them to touch it. Even the spotty framerate adds something to the experience.

yeah I didn't even really notice the framerate thing the first go around until I read somewhere that some people complained about it. I was way too engrossed in the game. So if this version smooths out some polygons and locks the framerate into awesome mode I'm going to weep tears of joy whilst murdering graceful god-giants

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    edited February 2011
    thanks all

tyrannus on
    edited February 2011
    What kind of gin do you have? Is it good gin?

It better be good gin

Um...Tanqueray. Is that good? I don't really like gin, but my parents don't drink and have 3 bottles of it sitting around, so that's what I have.

South host on
This discussion has been closed.