As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Tell me how I can be more interesting/do interesting activities

LuftwafflesLuftwaffles Registered User regular
edited May 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
Hi guys,

I'm graduating from Uni in a month's time, and I have about 3 months before starting a job as a sales executive.

What are some good hobbies/skills and activities that I can take up to make me a more well rounded person.
I'd rather take up something more social, as it will help loads in my job. And I don't mind spending some money. (around AU$500).
My circle of friends seem to be stagnating and only interested in going for the usual movies/dinners/shopping activities. =(
Mychoices for taking up jobs are fairly limited as I am an International student.

I live in Melbourne, Australia

Here are some of my hobbies/things I have been doing:
Computers/Electronics/Technology in general
DJing/Mixing music. I don't have my own equipment, so practise is sporadic
Live music/concerts especially Jazz
Non-verbal communication. Learning about body language and reading non-verbal cues from people.
Christianity. I am a fairly commited Christian.
Magic Tricks/Mentalism. Derren Brown is fascinating
Current Affairs. I love talking about International Happenings and am well read
Volunteering. I am helping out by organizing gaming concerts every few months.
Working out at the gym. I go around 3 times a week.

So give me suggestions on what I can do with my free time productively.

Also, If there are more appropriate Australia specific forums to ask this question, I would appreciate it if some one could point me to it.

Thanks.

Luftwaffles on

• Options
    solsovlysolsovly Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Do you have Toastmasters in the AU? It's a fun public speaking group. Great for networking and polishing up your speaking.

solsovly on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    solsovly wrote: »
    Do you have Toastmasters in the AU? It's a fun public speaking group. Great for networking and polishing up your speaking.
    This is exactly what I was going to recommend. It sounds like it'd be right up your alley.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    LuftwafflesLuftwaffles Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Yeah, we do have a Toastmasters Club in Australia.

I'll check out some of the meetings next week. It seems that they are targeted towards more older, corporate individuals. Any suggestions on interacting more with individuals who are around 20-25?

Luftwaffles on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    In terms of meeting people the current vouge thing to do in Perth is to go to Dance classes (salsa as I understand is what the hip kids do).

Maybe picking up a sport? Most people don't realise that there is a huge social aspect attached to clubs nowdays.

Blake T on
  • Options
    RhinoRhino TheRhinLOL Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Acting, improved, stand up or poetry reading. Any of those are fun and are fairly socail.

Rhino on
    93mb4.jpg