As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Show me your pets

• Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I had a moment of terror last night when i saw that jack had knocked my DSLR to the floor when he was alone

luckily it only had it's display screen licked

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I used to have a cat that would eat too fast then vomit it all up then eat the vomit

Javen on
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Is it normal for cats to want to drink any water other than the water in their bowl. Even if you actually show them you filling the bowl up with water from the source that they'd rather drink directly from?

Jasconius on
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2011
    Staleghoti wrote: »
    Druhim wrote: »
    better at what?

Licking their own assholes?

it's kind of amazing you went this route considering many dogs will eat other dog's poo.

whatever there are shit-eating cats out there as well.

The point was the only thing I could think of that a cat can do better than a dog is reach its asshole with its mouth

I have never seen or heard of a cat eating shit. You're talking out your ass here.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Cats are awesome, and the noises they make are hilarious. A really really pissed off cat making demonic sounds? Absolutely hilarious.

I would give my old cats shit occasionally just to laugh at them getting pissed. My old male cat hated, just hated being kissed on the top of his head. No idea why. But it would amuse me to pick him up and give him kisses on the head while he growled every single time. Eventually he'd straight up hiss and that's when it was time to stop.

I love cats but yes, there is a tiny bit of a sadistic streak when messing around with them. Nothing actually painful, that's not cool, but all cats seem to have their quirks and goddamn it's just so funny to hear them get riled up about them.

Cilla Black on
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Goatmon wrote: »
    cats rule

dogs are for dumb people who want pets as dumb as they are

But the best cats are the dumb ones.

To support this case, I present Maru.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b16TSu1S3Lk

This is the cat that I want.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Samir Duran DuranSamir Duran Duran Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    better at what?

it's kind of amazing you went this route considering many dogs will eat other dog's poo.

The point was the only thing I could think of that a cat can do better than a dog is reach its asshole with its mouth

I have never seen or heard of a cat eating shit. You're talking out your ass here.

Lol anecdotes.

Samir Duran Duran on
    Ani121OD.pngSpr_3e_121.gifAni121OD.png
  • KadithKadith Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    my cat has taken to screaming bloody murder everytime someone picks her up

it is the best.

Kadith on
    zkHcp.jpg
  • StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    better at what?

I've never seen a dog eat the shit of another dog, fartbreath

Staleghoti on
    tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Cats are awesome, and the noises they make are hilarious. A really really pissed off cat making demonic sounds? Absolutely hilarious.

I would give my old cats shit occasionally just to laugh at them getting pissed. My old male cat hated, just hated being kissed on the top of his head. No idea why. But it would amuse me to pick him up and give him kisses on the head while he growled every single time. Eventually he'd straight up hiss and that's when it was time to stop.

I love cats but yes, there is a tiny bit of a sadistic streak when messing around with them. Nothing actually painful, that's not cool, but all cats seem to have their quirks and goddamn it's just so funny to hear them get riled up about them.

I had a cat that would get really angry if you touched his tail. Or got in the way of his tail and it touched you.

Mr Fuzzbutt on
    broken image link
    edited February 2011
    Yeah our female cat was really big about her tail, but she also kind of enjoyed having a reason to get pissed and take swipes at people. You messed with her tail and she's attack you, but in that playful way cats do when they're not being serious. But eventually you'd get to a point where it was too much, so she'd hiss and run off, only to come right back a few minutes later to use one of us as a couch.

We of course, being the lesser creatures in the household, would allow this.

Cilla Black on
    edited February 2011
    Man I miss having a cat. Both ours died. :(

Cilla Black on
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    My cat is a fulltime job. She's in the kitten stage where apparently I am her personal toy and gymnasium and if I don't play with her 5 hours a day she gets pissed off and starts growling at stuff.

Jasconius on
    edited February 2011
    I just find it funny when people are all, fuck cats they just show up when you feed them and then you never see them except on that rare moment they feel affectionate. Man, maybe you just suck at owning cats. Obviously not all cats are the same and some can be pretty skittish, especially if it's a rescue and was mistreated. But I find most cats are pretty chill and friendly. So this seems to be more of an issue with how many people approach/treat cats and their ignorance.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited February 2011
    i like cats but dogs are so much more fun to play with

Garlic Bread on
    edited February 2011
    I get that. Dogs definitely tend to be more active.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • TayaTaya Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    One thing about cats that I think is objectively better than dogs is that cats can be left at home for a night, or even a few days, without dying or destroying the house. My cousin had to leave a Christmas party early and drive for an hour because her dog was home alone. My friend has to find a babysitter for his dog if he wants to spend the night at a party.

Taya on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited February 2011
    that's why you bring dogs to the party

Garlic Bread on
  • StaleStale Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    cats are inferior creatures.

The dog is clearly the best pet.

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
    edited February 2011
    Stale wrote: »
    cats are inferior creatures.

The dog is clearly the best pet.

IMG_0548.JPG

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
  • RayzeRayze Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    graciecute.jpg

Cats win

Rayze on
    edited February 2011
    Rayze wrote: »
    Cats win

IMG_0545.JPG

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I like cats and dogs.

I would get a dog but I'd want it to be able to get lots of exercise and such, and there's no good place to take dogs for walks around here.

Moriveth on
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I just don't have the time/patience for a dog.

I love other people's dogs though.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Plus we could only have small dogs in our apartment here, and they tend to be a bit yappier than big dogs, and I'd hate to bug the neighbors all the time with a barking dog.

Moriveth on
    edited February 2011
    the hardest thing for me in life is to not pet a dog

Garlic Bread on
    edited February 2011
    The other day at school I saw a girl with an enormous dog. I don't know what breed it was, but sitting down it was at her shoulders.

Moriveth on
  • Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    So I'm minding my business and suddenly I hear my dog whimpering downstairs.

I leave my room and I see him sitting in the entryway right behind my father's briefcase like he's going to go to work.

dsc07939y.jpg

Now he knows he's not allowed to touch the briefcase so I tell him to leave it, but he just sits there.

Because, it turns out, he'd gotten his head stuck in the handle.

dsc07942n.jpg

My dog the genius.

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Rayze wrote: »
    Cats win

IMG_0545.JPG

Kittykittykitty001.jpg

Huntera on
  • FizFiz Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I saw the cutest puppy out for a walk tonight. It was tiny, and when it was time to step off the curb it made the biggest jump it could possibly do. Jumped forward like one foot.

My heart melted

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I like dogs better when they belong to other people

I like cats better when they belong to me

The Truth About Cats and Dogs

Houk the Namebringer on
    edited February 2011
    Cats just kinda weird me out. Like, sometimes I see cat clothes at the store when I'm going to get my dog more food. But I have NEVER met a cat that was willing to put up with that shit.

And sometimes they act like they want you to give them attention and what they really want is for you to come close enough to bite your hand.

My dog is way more straightforward. If he wants attention he'll come over and get it. Like a rapist. But with ear-scratches

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
  • GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I don't see why cats biting is weird, considering dogs do it, for the same reasons.

It's just how they play sometimes.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

edited February 2011
    If my dog ever bit me I'd discipline him. It is harder to do that with a cat.

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
  • GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Get a water pistol.

Use it when the cat misbehaves.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Fiz wrote: »
    Cats just kinda weird me out. Like, sometimes I see cat clothes at the store when I'm going to get my dog more food. But I have NEVER met a cat that was willing to put up with that shit.

And sometimes they act like they want you to give them attention and what they really want is for you to come close enough to bite your hand.

My dog is way more straightforward. If he wants attention he'll come over and get it. Like a rapist. But with ear-scratches
    I think the fact that cats don't put up with faggy costumes is a point in their favor

Houk the Namebringer on
    edited February 2011
    Houk wrote: »

I think the fact that cats don't put up with faggy costumes is a point in their favor

The first year I had my new dog we tried to get him one of those little sets of reindeer horns. He instantly swatted them off and ripped them to pieces.

We tried to get him a coat once but he is a really big dog and after a certain size you'd have to special order them I guess. Only small dogs get to be degraded

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
    edited February 2011

The first year I had my new dog we tried to get him one of those little sets of reindeer horns. He instantly swatted them off and ripped them to pieces.

We tried to get him a coat once but he is a really big dog and after a certain size you'd have to special order them I guess. Only small dogs get to be degraded
    I imagine being a small dog is already embarrassing enough, they probably don't care after a certain point

Big dogs are awesome, always

Houk the Namebringer on
    edited February 2011

I imagine being a small dog is already embarrassing enough, they probably don't care after a certain point

Big dogs are awesome, always

Deal with it

ul7ov.jpg

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
    edited February 2011
    Fiz your dog is never not ready for racquetball

Houk the Namebringer on
This discussion has been closed.