As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Prepare To Qualify. COIN-OP!

TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonightHas stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
edited February 2011 in Social Entropy++
I was terrible at this game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUU_F9TvXco

I was at Shorty's last night and was reminded how much I miss the old arcades. Growing up, every pizza place in the world had an arcade, big or small, they were there. Waiting for you to beg your parents for quarters and supplement the restaurant's income.

The first time I felt the satisfaction of entering my initials came when I beat this at Godfather's Pizza:
cabinet-white-top.jpg

Then when I was in middle school this incredible arcade opened up and I spent all of my money there.

Then they got robbed and set on fire and they never reopened.

Then there was Gameworks! Wow that was awesome until they stopped getting new games.

There is hope!

Ground Kontrol

That place looks rad as hell. They just relocated or something.

There's a place up north from me that has some games that Shoe keeps bugging me go to as well. Starting on my birthday THIS is happening right in my back yard. Well not litereally, but it's one bus away.

What did you waste all your quarters and time on?

LONG LIVE THE ARCADE.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
Tonkka on

• The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2011
    Since I will be having a job, I think I should be able to go to that with ya Tonkkers.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Sega needs to bring back the R360

Staleghoti on
    tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Staleghoti on
    tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    The Geek wrote: »
    Since I will be having a job, I think I should be able to go to that with ya Tonkkers.

Oh shit when did the job happen?

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I ALREADY STARTED AN ARCADE THREAD FIVE MONTHS AGO, QUIT RIPPING ME OFF, TONKKA. :x

Romanian My Escutcheon on
    [IMG][/img]
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    No.

Tonkka on
    edited February 2011
    Tonkka wrote: »

Signed paperwork earlier this week. Flying out to Georgia at 6am for two weeks for training.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
    edited February 2011

Signed paperwork earlier this week. Flying out to Georgia at 6am for two weeks for training.

Holy shit congratulations!

Tonkka on
  • UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Ohmigod I was so bad at Pole Position

Really, I was terrible at everything except Mortal Kombat and pinball, but that was just because I'd mash buttons at MK until my opponent died from Blanka's electricity attack

But the first time I ever had my initials up for high-ish score on something was the Addams Family pinball machine

Usagi on
    edited February 2011
    Everyone was bad at Pole Position.

Also, Jess you are mixing up your fighting games, silly lady.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Man, arcades were expensive, I have no idea how all those dudes got good at arcades games, how loaded were their parents?

Blake T on
  • UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Oh shit, you're right - Street Fighter!

Silly me, my Mortal Kombat character of choice was always Raiden because he reminded me of the storm dudes from Big Trouble in Little China

And now that I've destroyed my "gamer cred"...

Usagi on
  • Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    No.

Okay.

[IMG][/img]
  • FizFiz Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    The Simpsons game, the Avengers game, sometimes Rampage, sometimes some of the shooting games that aren't zombie survival type deals. Kiddy shooting games.

Skeeball, crane games, and the occasional basketball one. I also like the ones where you'd put a quarter in and you'd try to have it land so it'd knock over more quarters

I've got a Dave & Busters card with about 50,000 tickets on it

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
  • juice for jesusjuice for jesus Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    When I was a kid the local doughnut shop had Lifeforce. I'd go with my dad when he'd go get coffee and yak it up with the other regulars, and I'd rock some motherfucking Lifeforce.

Once in college, I went to the arcade to get some quarters for laundry and spent the entire $5 on that Capcom trivia game. The one that's like quizbowl combined with DnD. Fuckin old pop culture categories were my bane.

juice for jesus on
  • FizFiz Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    When I was at college the campus bowling alley was right next to the lgbt offices and the asian student thing, so there were always a lot of gay asian dudes hanging around. Mostly playing the fighting games. Sometimes I'd go and watch these two insanely hot buff ones fight each other out in Street Fighter # and wonder why they don't just actually punch each other. If you get that fit you might as well actually do something about it

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
    edited February 2011
    Oh shit yes, I almost forgot about my four hour break between summer classes spent in the SUB.

RAIDEN II!

Tonkka on
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I was at Walmart with the wife tonight and for some reason she wanted to play the Buck Hunter game and the Tokyo Drift racing game and the claw machine and it was actually kind of fun.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
    edited February 2011
    No.

Okay.

It's cool.

Tonkka on
    edited February 2011
    Aww yeah, bendy lazer.

juice for jesus on
    edited February 2011
    Aww yeah, bendy lazer.

8-)

Tonkka on
  • XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Xehalus on
  • Nicho86Nicho86 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wx0gIV6u-pI
    (not me)

Tokyo Wars! Almost every arcade I went to as a kid had this for some reason. I think virtually every game is better when you have a cab designed around it.

Nicho86 on
    Host/Writer of 'The Game Room' - http://www.youtube.com/user/thegameroomAUS
    edited February 2011
    [IMG][/img]
    edited February 2011
    I was wondering when that was going to get posted.

Tonkka on
    edited February 2011
    It's just not an arcade thread until somebody posts an embarrassing DDR video.

[IMG][/img]
    edited February 2011
    Just like it isn't a ping pong thread until makershot posts my birthday video.

Tonkka on
    edited February 2011
    Shadow Over Mystara! Goddamn why did my Saturn have to break down.

juice for jesus on
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Moon.

Patrol.

Nothing else need be said.

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • SnitSnit Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    metamorphic force
    awww jeah

Snit on
  • stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Road Fighter is awesome. Maybe it was Road Fighter 2 that I played more often though.
    There was also a Golden Axe machine at one of the only Ice Rinks in Melbourne. Love me some Golden Axe.

stimtokolos on
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Can we talk about the horror of this game?

lost-world-theater.jpg

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    there used to be an arcade right next to the pool at this one hotel my family used to go to every once in a while

shit was awesome, but there was never anyone there really

last time I was there they had turned it into a room full of vending machines

it was sorta really depressing

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • zen-zen- Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    The House of the Dead is my favourite cabinet to this day.

The new ones (I think that HotD 4 is out now) just aren't as fun.

zen- on
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I am a fucking man possessed on the original Point Blank

Fuckin clocking the thing on very hard with one credit.

#pipe on
    edited February 2011
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Can we talk about the horror of this game?

lost-world-theater.jpg

A very hot woman and I got kicked out of that at Gameworks for taking way too much time hogging the machine.

So we went and made out in the back of her car in the parking garage instead.

Tonkka on
    edited February 2011
    It's just not an arcade thread until somebody posts an embarrassing DDR video.

You know that isn't just any DDR video, right?

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
    edited February 2011
    #pipe wrote: »
    I am a fucking man possessed on the original Point Blank

Fuckin clocking the thing on very hard with one credit.

One day, I was totally on fire and went through Area 51 on one credit. Was never able to do it again.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB