As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

iChat help

AydrAydr Registered User regular
edited May 2007 in Games and Technology
I got a Macbook a little while back, and so did a friend of mine. However, every time that we try to have a video chat, I get an error saying that I did not respond and he gets an error saying that he did not respond.

Does anyone have any previous experience with this error/ideas as to why this might be? I've never tried video chatting with anyone else, but it's worked for him every time he's tried to talk with others, so it's presumably an error on my end. If anyone has any advice, it would be much appreciated.

Aydr on

• Options
    ZackSchillingZackSchilling Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    iChat has a "Connection Doctor" under the Audio menu. Open it, try to connect and see what it says. You'll probably need to configure your router to forward some ports.

ZackSchilling on
    ghost-robot.jpg
  • Options
    bashbash Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    You need to open some ports on your firewall my friend. If iChat can't connect to the proper ports on a remote machine it will give the unhelpful "no response" error. Some routers are iChat friendly out of the box but many are not and you need to do some port forwarding.

bash on
    comi-sig1.jpg