As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

D&D 360 Thread (All games Will does not like are for girls.)

• Dublo7Dublo7 Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Yeah I'm pretty excited for Shadowrun.

I hope it doesn't suck.

Yeah, same.

I'll definitely be playing the demo before I buy the game.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CheerfulBearCheerfulBear Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    So I've got myself an Xbox360 and a couple games, but none of the big online multiplayer ones (GoW, R6:Vegas), except I do have Ultimate Alliance, but which should I think about getting first? As in, which of you fine gents plays which game online the most? Also, since Two Worlds is co-op can you play both players on the same XBox or is it online only? Also how is Crackdown? I played the demo and it seemed fun, but I can't decide if I should buy it or not.

CheerfulBear on
  • 3lwap03lwap0 Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    DiRT also wins coolest loading interface. I don't care for racing games, but this one's pretty slick.

3lwap0 on
    edited May 2007
    So I've got myself an Xbox360 and a couple games, but none of the big online multiplayer ones (GoW, R6:Vegas), except I do have Ultimate Alliance, but which should I think about getting first? As in, which of you fine gents plays which game online the most? Also, since Two Worlds is co-op can you play both players on the same XBox or is it online only? Also how is Crackdown? I played the demo and it seemed fun, but I can't decide if I should buy it or not.

Two words; Viva Pinata.

Crackdown is OK, but it gets very stale after only a few days of play. I stopped playing it after about 2 days, to be honest.
    Not my proudest purchase.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2007
    I don't understand what Viva Pinata is? Is it a cute, innovative little game like Katamari Damacy or what? I'm also looking for at least some online game that others are still playing.

CheerfulBear on
    edited May 2007
    I don't understand what Viva Pinata is? Is it a cute, innovative little game like Katamari Damacy or what? I'm also looking for at least some online game that others are still playing.

It's entirely offline, single player.
    Think of a mix of The Sims, Animal Crossing, and maybe... Pokemon?

You can't really compare it to other games, but it's fantastic.

Pretty much all the games people play on XBL are shooters.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2007
    But if I get R6 will people here be playing it? I'm just looking for camaraderie on the interweb!

CheerfulBear on
    edited May 2007
    But if I get R6 will people here be playing it? I'm just looking for camaraderie on the interweb!

R6 is the 2nd most played game on XBL, next to GoW. Heaps of people play it.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sdrawkcaB emaNsdrawkcaB emaN regular
    edited May 2007
    Yeah, you really can't go wrong with GoW. Co-op is fun, and multiplayer is also fun, despite all of Epic's best efforts to hide it behind a horrible interface and a ridiculous game/party system. I think the next patch is just going to be Cliffy B kicking you in the mouth, then urinating on you.

Seriously though, fun game. I'll be playing it again as soon as the Halo Beta is over.

sdrawkcaB emaN on
    edited May 2007
    Aemilius wrote: »
    Yeah, you really can't go wrong with GoW. Co-op is fun, and multiplayer is also fun, despite all of Epic's best efforts to hide it behind a horrible interface and a ridiculous game/party system. I think the next patch is just going to be Cliffy B kicking you in the mouth, then urinating on you.

Seriously though, fun game. I'll be playing it again as soon as the Halo Beta is over.

I just can't comprehend Epic not integrating a good matchmaking system in Gears.
    It's totally and utterly ridiculous.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2007
    So you can't do local multiplayer in GoW or Rainbow 6, right? Because that would be cool for when I have, err, all my lady friends over and they want to play as well!

CheerfulBear on
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited May 2007
    GoW has local multiplayer.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited May 2007

I played a lot of Chromehounds and Rainbow Six online, some Gears, and a little Halo 3. I liked Crackdown a lot - it's a very polished game, and a lot of fun, but the online multiplayer just blows. I have MUA, and have played it online some, though I generally don't feel like beatemups are especially good for remote multiplayer; it might just be me though.

I'm pretty sure I'll pick up Shadowrun unless the reviews just savage it.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited May 2007
    Well I've now got Chromehounds and Gears of War in my possession, if anyone feels like giving online a whirl with me.

CheerfulBear on
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I recently got a 360 and got Condemned: Criminal Origins, along with a few others.

I thought it was pretty awesome and was annoyed with the way reviewers bashed the fighting system. It worked fine for me.

I saw a picture of the main character from the sequel and it seems to be shaping up to be a decent survival horror game as well.

Whoo.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited May 2007

I played a lot of Chromehounds and Rainbow Six online, some Gears, and a little Halo 3. I liked Crackdown a lot - it's a very polished game, and a lot of fun, but the online multiplayer just blows. I have MUA, and have played it online some, though I generally don't feel like beatemups are especially good for remote multiplayer; it might just be me though.

I'm pretty sure I'll pick up Shadowrun unless the reviews just savage it.

I want that soundtrack on Crackdown. Rollin to Mexican gangsta rap was pretty fun. The demo has given me serious temptation to buy the game.

3lwap0 on
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited May 2007
    3lwap0 wrote: »
    I want that soundtrack on Crackdown. Rollin to Mexican gangsta rap was pretty fun. The demo has given me serious temptation to buy the game.

It's all real, licensed music. Here's the list.

I always skip to Here We Cum when driving. :P

edit: ze music video

Echo on
    edited May 2007
    Echo wrote: »
    3lwap0 wrote: »

It's all real, licensed music. Here's the list.

I always skip to Here We Cum when driving. :P

edit: ze music video

That video was wicked. Thanks for the list sir.

3lwap0 on
    edited May 2007
    God, I hated the Mexican Gangster rap in Crackdown.

edit - That video is really good.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Something WittySomething Witty Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Dublo7 wrote: »
    Aemilius wrote: »

I just can't comprehend Epic not integrating a good matchmaking system in Gears.
    It's totally and utterly ridiculous.
    Don't forget the God like powers of the host. It's like some type of magical force or something. Heck it's like The Force it's self.

Seriously though, I never cease to hate the matchmaking system for GoW. It doesnt let you play ranked with friends for whatever reason and it all ends when the host leaves anyway. Say what you will about it, but Halo 2 set the freaking standard for user interface and matchmaking in console multiplayer. Why have so many games been so slow to adopt a similar matchmaking/party system? It makes the game so much easier to jump in to and as a result, alot more enjoyable.

And may the Host be with you, always.

Something Witty on
    IMWithDentToo.png
    edited May 2007
    Yeah, I always host games now because Host Shotgun makes me that much better.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I never play Gears online because of the host advantage.

Games with such glaring flaws don't deserve to be played online.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • GlaealGlaeal Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Well I've now got Chromehounds and Gears of War in my possession, if anyone feels like giving online a whirl with me.
    D: I really wouldn't recommend Chromehounds any more. They changed the weapon balance very much for the worse, and any of the squads that are still around have gotten to the point where they just move to a certain point on the map and fire on your base until you lose, and on most maps there's no good way to defend against it. At least, this is the case at the highest levels. I just wish I could lose my rank and start at the bottom again, just with all of my equipment.

If it was still the heated battles it used to be, I'd be all for it.

Glaeal on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited May 2007
    IMO Chromehounds new weapons balance is vastly superior to the age of double-cannons or nothing. They no longer can base-fuck you with DDs or heavies out of the gate by the way, Glaeal, and the shotgun-karts are vastly diminished as well.

The problem mostly lies in the fact that the vast majority of people playing it by this point are the ultra-old hands who will kick your ass without even breaking a sweat. If I can get enough people on here interested I'll break out of my squad and make a PA squad.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited May 2007
    Also, I'm ocnsidering picking up Shadowrun this afternoon even though I cannot find a review.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited May 2007
    I saw this game dirt cheap in Target the other day. I might grab it if interest surges, i've always been a fan of the big mech games.

3lwap0 on
  • Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Also, I'm ocnsidering picking up Shadowrun this afternoon even though I cannot find a review.

Assuming the Comcast guy fixes my cable modem today, I'll be playing Shadowrun tonight, assuming any of you guys buy it.

Vincent Grayson on
    edited May 2007
    IMO Chromehounds new weapons balance is vastly superior to the age of double-cannons or nothing. They no longer can base-fuck you with DDs or heavies out of the gate by the way, Glaeal, and the shotgun-karts are vastly diminished as well.

The problem mostly lies in the fact that the vast majority of people playing it by this point are the ultra-old hands who will kick your ass without even breaking a sweat. If I can get enough people on here interested I'll break out of my squad and make a PA squad.

I'm down. I've got a friend that might come over too.

Glaeal on
    edited May 2007

Assuming the Comcast guy fixes my cable modem today, I'll be playing Shadowrun tonight, assuming any of you guys buy it.

The demo comes out next week, I think i'm gonna wait and see the reviews too.

3lwap0 on
  • Something WittySomething Witty Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Shadow Run looks like a ton of fun, but I can't afford it. Instead, I'll do it the cheap way and play the demo over and over again. On a side not, did you know that there are still people who play the R6 Vegas demo?

Oh and who else here wants to get Two Worlds? That game had me at "8 Player co-op".

Something Witty on
    IMWithDentToo.png
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited May 2007

Yeah, I'm not finding any listed on GameRankings.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I have been seriously considering picking up Chromehouds. If we want to do this, let me know.

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
    edited May 2007
    So Shadowrun seems pretty cool so far

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited May 2007

If you had the option to purchase one game right now, would that be it?

Glaeal on
    edited May 2007
    Glaeal wrote: »
    If you had the option to purchase one game right now, would that be it?
    Well, I haven't played it online yet, so it's hard to say how it works out there, and that's the center of the game. I've really only gone through the training stages and played against bots on my own box. It's promising for sure.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited May 2007
    wait whoa, the Shadowrun demo is out?

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Gooey wrote: »
    I have been seriously considering picking up Chromehouds. If we want to do this, let me know.

Chrome Hounds was fun but the online matchmaking stuff was really flawed. Don't know if they ever fixed it. I left it along time ago and I think so did the majority of other players.

Inquisitor on
    edited May 2007
    No I bought the retail game. The demo is out in a few days. Maybe June 6?

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited May 2007

Oh yeah, that's right. I wonder if there are many people online playing it.

I have to wait another two weeks until it's released here.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007

Oh yeah, that's right. I wonder if there are many people online playing it.

I have to wait another two weeks until it's released here.

I didn't have any problem getting slapped into games with 12 or so other people last night, and it makes for a rockin good time. Everything seems pretty balanced right now, although the basic pistol is pretty fucking useless.

Vincent Grayson on