As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] [Hunters], Misdirecting everyone but tanks since '07

• RakeethRakeeth Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    azith28 wrote: »
    Any more information about the earlier claim about aimed shot hitting for 40k in heroics? seems a bit...high...

I have my aimed shot critting for 50kish in heroics so maybe you mean crits?

Rakeeth on
  • EmporiumEmporium Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Aimed shot has been critting regularly for 40-50k for me on a training dummy, considerably more when actually buffed. Marksmanship is definitely amazing right now for single target fights. AoE, movement-heavy fights? Not so much.

Emporium on
  • ToddJewellToddJewell Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I feel like I did a lot of waiting around / barely hitting some trash mobs as MM in grim batol last night. I don't think I can really use aimed shot at all on trash, seems like I need to just use arcane / chimera / steady on trash and then on bigger mobs / boss mobs used the ss / aimed shot rotation. I just didn't really enjoy marks last night at all.

I may try BM tonight and see if I enjoy it at all.

ToddJewell on
    edited February 2011
    There's also a bug with with the MMM (master marksman) buff. If you're hard casting an aimed shot and you proc an instant aimed shot, the one you're casting is also focus free. I've had occasions where I end up being able to shoot three aimed shot in a row.

In any case I've only played MM on Chimaron. Most of the other fights either have AE and/or movement.

Rakeeth on
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    That feature sucked for PVP. My bigger concern is thus:

Current MM mechanics are heavily devaluing Mastery, as well as our passive Marksman bonus (15% Autoshot damage). Why we can cast Steady and still autoshot but not Aimed is beyond me.

Steady / Cobra do not stack River of Death.

I can only trap one target at a time with freezing.

And I left my authenticator at home, so I can't post on the bug forums :(
    I can't see how they thought it was a good idea to change the rotation of the spec based around auto-shots to one where you spend half your time not auto-shooting.

forty on
  • TheCrumblyCrackerTheCrumblyCracker Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I don't want to be a conspiracist, but I don't know why Blizzard hates Hunters so much.

I THINK they will changed Aimed Shot to a 2.4 second cast, lower it's damage to compensate, and allow us to autoshot while it's being "aimed" (I am not saying casted!)

That would make me happy.

TheCrumblyCracker on
  • DacDac Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I've had a Hunter in my guild claim he's hit 80k Aimed Shot crits.

Welp.

Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I hit 50k and 60k Aimed Crits these past few days. Admittedly only when I was buffed in a heroic, but still. In open field PVE i've hit about 40k with ease ...

Got a few new pieces by now .. so I have to check that again on some bosses. But I like the new Aimed shot ...

TheBigEasy on
  • SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Dac wrote: »
    I've had a Hunter in my guild claim he's hit 80k Aimed Shot crits.

Welp.

I can see that happening with good buffs at a high gear level.

Skeith on
    aTBDrQE.jpg
    edited February 2011
    Im still getting beat by our mage on movement fights. Fights with low movement I usually hit ~19-20k.

TheCrumblyCracker on
  • GlyphGlyph Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Why do people do this?

lolwat.png

If you hate being killed by other players, don't pick a PvP server. Jesus Christ.

Glyph on
  • -Phil--Phil- Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Wait, so MM is now the proefered DPS spec. Is that with a certain gear level? Also, what are the Stat priorities?

-Phil- on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DrunkMcDrunkMc Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Glyph wrote: »
    Why do people do this?

lolwat.png

If you hate being killed by other players, don't pick a PvP server. Jesus Christ.

Because people are douche bags, plain and simple. If you were what he considers the preferred spec, then he'd call you a n00b for picking easy mode spec. It's all bullshit, /ignore the douches and just enjoy playing.

DrunkMc on
    edited February 2011
    -Phil- wrote: »
    Wait, so MM is now the proefered DPS spec. Is that with a certain gear level? Also, what are the Stat priorities?
    Any gear level (at 85, obviously) as far as I know. Survival is still better on fights where you have to AoE shit down, though.
    Yeah, really. Who types "you sound mad" instead of just hitting back with a "u mad" or "u mad bro"?

forty on
  • GlyphGlyph Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    forty wrote: »
    Yeah, really. Who types "you sound mad" instead of just hitting back with a "u mad" or "u mad bro"?

I wasn't trying evoke a meme. I saw a guy that went through the trouble of creating and logging onto a toon on an opposing faction just to a make a computer gaming experience personal. Sounded like he was mad.

Thing is I was only killing him during a TB battle. I mean come on!

Glyph on
    edited February 2011
    Movement intensive fights Survival is probably better as well. I'm doing some raiding tonight, so I will see how it goes!

TheCrumblyCracker on
    edited February 2011
    I was fine staying hawk throughout the whole Atramedes fight but on heroic the sound goes off so fast during air phase. Alot more moving on most of the heroics I've tried actually.

Rakeeth on
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I was collecting devite scales in Wailing caverns to help gear up my shaman when I was bored and checked out what some of the raptors have for skills. Tear armour? So I flew around looking at other animals to see some of them changed and so on

I do dungeons as MM and in general stay BM As for pvp I just got with either but then my hunter is level 81 and I really have not pvped on her since Cata

Brainleech on
  • king awesomeking awesome Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    My guild is at 7/12 (soon to be 9 hopefully :P). Here is my armory: Basle

I switch between SV and MM depending on the raid fight. Basically it goes like this for me:

Magmaw: SV for the AoE
    Omnitron: SV while learning, MM once you get comfortable with the mechanics and movement
    Atremedes: I haven't decided honestly. I'm on searing flame gong duty, and haven't done it enough as both specs to really decide, but I'm thinking SV. Def SV while learning.
    Maloriak: MM (SV if your raid is really lacking good AOE). The adds aren't as crazy and go down fairly easy, and movement is pretty light.
    Chimeron: MM

Halfus: MM (if you have fireballs to dodge probably SV).
    Double Dragon: SV (so much movement, was hard for me as MM)
    Council: Haven't decided, probably SV

Council: MM (We single targeted the adds down, so massive aoe wasn't necessary for me)
    Al'akir: MM

king awesome on
    Bigsushi.fm
    Listen to our podcast, read our articles, tell us how much you hate it and how to make it better ;)
  • SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    You could probably swing twins and council as MM.

Skeith on
    aTBDrQE.jpg
    edited February 2011
    I assume the (proposed) eventual Aimed Shot nerf + Hawk (or whatever) buff would make MM more tolerant to movement fights?

forty on
    edited February 2011
    I hope they just reduce the cast time and the damage. Hawk buff would hurt MM PvP. Plus if they buffed hawk they would have to

A) Lower Survival Damage
    B) Add in a Marks Talent.

Maybe make Aimedshot castable on the move in Hawk? IDK

TheCrumblyCracker on
  • SonorkSonork CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Or how about just buffing the fuck out of steady shot, so it, you know, does damage for realsies. Just make it either do more damage period or ignore 40 or so percent of the targets armor. 80% if they have hunters mark! Then it would be almost as good as cobra but come with a nice dot attatched to crits. /game design is hard.

Sonork on
    edited February 2011
    To Switching things up a bit, I'm actually thinking of using my 2nd spec for a while and actually learning it. I'm 78 and elbow deep into WotlK and all the instances I do I feel would be pretty easy with Survival and tossing taps constantly, but MM also looks like it could be fun.

I'm in it for the fun of it, not really min/max'ing. Which spec do u think is the most fun? I'm loving BM and my exotic pets (Devilsaurs for the win), but just want to switch it up. Ya know?

DrunkMc on
  • Fatty-McPhatFatty-McPhat Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    MM is awesome while leveling because your main nuke, Chimera Shot, heals for 5% of your health, and when you get a killing blow you gain 50 focus.

Fatty-McPhat on
    edited February 2011
    * Aimed Shot damage has been decreased to approximately 160% weapon damage (at level 80+), down from 200%.
    * Aspect of the Hawk now provides around an additional 2000 attack power at level 85.

Apparently hasn't applied yet, might take a server restart I guess?

So if I'm reading this correctly AotH is now 2600 something base AP?

Rakeeth on
    edited February 2011
    Correct.

Which is a ton.

But fuck the nerf :(

TheCrumblyCracker on
    edited February 2011
    Well I can't actually go MM for my group so its a buff to survival at least.

Rakeeth on
  • RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Always happy to see more AP on my BM Hunter.

Rius on
    edited February 2011
    3/3 One with nature is now awesome instead of a waste.

I'm going on vacation, which is awesome, because the new MM rotation will be up when I get back!

TheCrumblyCracker on
    edited February 2011
    So I just got Cobra Shot. I thought I had heard that Cobra Shot pretty much replaces Steady Shot. But looking at it it seems Cobra Shot does a bit less damage (~19pts less at my level) but it replenishes String Shot for free. However, I have Improved Sting shot which does damage on shooting it. So should I still use Cobra Shot or forget it exists?

DrunkMc on
  • DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Sooo last night one of my guild members noticed that I was decked out with an average ilvl of 342 and had no enchants or gems on any of my gear. This led to an inner guild intervention where I was pounced upon by enchanters, jewelcrafters, leatherworkers and engineers until every slot had been filled and every piece of gear had been enchanted with SOMETHING.

In the spirit of thing I actually got glyphs for my hunter and was ushered off to the reforger to increase my hit rate.

Then we ran a heroic and I noticed about a 2k increase in my overall DPS. :D

A good night overall. My guild rocks.

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
    edited February 2011
    DrunkMc wrote: »
    So I just got Cobra Shot. I thought I had heard that Cobra Shot pretty much replaces Steady Shot. But looking at it it seems Cobra Shot does a bit less damage (~19pts less at my level) but it replenishes String Shot for free. However, I have Improved Sting shot which does damage on shooting it. So should I still use Cobra Shot or forget it exists?

Cobra Shot should be doing more damage than Steady Shot, due to how it ignores Armor. The only spec that still uses Steady Shot after getting Cobra Shot is Marks.

Improved Serpent Sting is still a good talent when you're refreshing the duration of S.Sting with Cobra Shot.

Rius on
    edited February 2011
    Sooo last night one of my guild members noticed that I was decked out with an average ilvl of 342 and had no enchants or gems on any of my gear. This led to an inner guild intervention where I was pounced upon by enchanters, jewelcrafters, leatherworkers and engineers until every slot had been filled and every piece of gear had been enchanted with SOMETHING.

In the spirit of thing I actually got glyphs for my hunter and was ushered off to the reforger to increase my hit rate.

Or u bad.

If you are survival, Imp SrS is awesome when combined with Serpent Spread.

TheCrumblyCracker on
    edited February 2011

Or u bad.

If you are survival, Imp SrS is awesome when combined with Serpent Spread.

No, I just wasn't really putting much focus on gemming out my gear because I am only running heroics and consistently was first or second place in dps. I run BM because it is a fun rotation and I get to show off cool pets. I have SV as a backup spec for heavy AoE runs but between the two my DPS is comparable on bosses.

When I got back in to WoW this time I was planning on just playing casually and taking things slow. I wasn't really going to worry about enchanting or gemming anything until I was decked out in full heroics, didn't even realize until yesterday that I had collected quite a few pieces in my constant guild running of heroics to help out members with their daily heroic.

I'm still bad though! I still don't have any buff food or flasks!

I was approached by one of my guild members to ask if I was interested in signing up in the raiding syndicate that our guild is a part of though. I am one of those rare hunters on my server that rarely stands in bad things and will actually look up fights and figure out what I need to do to make things easier on the healer.

In all though I really am just taking my time this time. Last time I played in a pretty serious raid guild and always made sure I had the best enchants on all my gear etc etc. Not sure if I'll be raiding with my current schedule but if I do i'll most certainly put the effort out into topping out my gear. Just having fun for now :)

Delphinidaes on
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
    edited February 2011
    Rius wrote: »

Cobra Shot should be doing more damage than Steady Shot, due to how it ignores Armor. The only spec that still uses Steady Shot after getting Cobra Shot is Marks.

Improved Serpent Sting is still a good talent when you're refreshing the duration of S.Sting with Cobra Shot.

Ah, I didn't know it ignored armor! Thanks for the tip!

DrunkMc on
    edited February 2011
    Rius wrote: »

Ah, I didn't know it ignored armor! Thanks for the tip!

Yeah, because it's Nature damage. Were you comparing the damage on the tooltips? Pop over by the target dummies, hit one with one of each shot and you'll see a huge difference.

Rius on
  • azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I was wondering why cobra was such a massive increase to steady when i got it yesterday.

BTW. My hunters now 82, and having run through the previous content, i have to say...

WTF blizzard? Why havent you reviewed past content quest/reward items to match the class changes? I'm really getting sick of all the +int crap on my leather/mail gear.

azith28 on
    Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • NoisymunkNoisymunk Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I was wondering why cobra was such a massive increase to steady when i got it yesterday.

BTW. My hunters now 82, and having run through the previous content, i have to say...

WTF blizzard? Why havent you reviewed past content quest/reward items to match the class changes? I'm really getting sick of all the +int crap on my leather/mail gear.

You shouldn't be wearing leather. You have a passive skill that increases your agility by 5% when you're wearing all mail armor.

As to the rest of it, the gear you are talking about is for an enhancement shaman. There's only 167 pieces of mail armor with both agility and intellect on wowhead, compared to the hundreds and hundreds of pieces with agility only for levels 61-70 alone. Take your pants off your head.

Noisymunk on
    brDe918.jpg
    edited February 2011

Shamans and Druids need gear too :(

Delphinidaes on
    delphinidaes.png