As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Level 20's on] - Guys don't flirt with my sister please - Guild Wars

1444546474850»

• REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    But we don't want you to flirt with our sister. It is really important.

REG Rysk on
  • VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Heroes and henchie tips (builds):
    http://kchs.tumblr.com/post/2695981557/on-heroes-and-solo-pve

also for pulling... if you want to pull as a Rit, summon your spirits and pin your heroes/henches back behind the spirit line

when you pull, use a longbow and then as you retreat, run THROUGH your spirits; most enemies will get caught there, and by this time the minions will have run up to do the tanking... once the minions have moved up, summon your spirits backward as their wall is no longer needed, and then fight as necessary

I find it useful to never bring a Melee class, so my setup is this:

3x Discord Necro, 2 on healing, 1 on hexes/conditions... all of them with Animate Shambling Horror

2x Ele Henchies

1x Interrupt Henchie

1x Optional (ranged, not melee)

if you don't have three necro heroes you can check the link above for ideas for good builds

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • GeodGeod swim, swim, hungryRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    REG Rysk wrote: »
    But we don't want you to flirt with our sister. It is really important.

It is! I'll make sure to make that the number one priority in a new thread.

Anyways, I'll set out on making a new thread/OP and post it later.

Geod on
  • Reasonable HoboReasonable Hobo Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Is guild wars guru still the place to go if you want to buy/sell things in general?

Reasonable Hobo on
    edited February 2011
    Is guild wars guru still the place to go if you want to buy/sell things in general?

Yeah, you can. Generally I'll just spam in Kamadan, but you can also go to guru and sell.

Geod on
  • VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    so thanks to coffers of whispers I have have gotten two mini mallyxes, which I sold for about 20e each

happy

Vivixenne on
  • AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    20e?

Alecthar on
  • REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Ectoplasm is a drop from certain high level locations, and due to it's value is worth quite a bit of platinum. It is used as an alternative currency in high value trades.

Each 'e' is valued in the neighborhood of 7-9k.

REG Rysk on
    edited February 2011
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    so thanks to coffers of whispers I have have gotten two mini mallyxes, which I sold for about 20e each

happy

Only 20e? Thought they sold for more. But you got pretty lucky getting two of the things :)

Geod on
  • DrHookensteinDrHookenstein Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    If we're logging thanks in here, allow me to offer the following record entry:

Thanks to Gabriel of Istan (whatever your name is, here) for loaning me some weaponry by which to free Kourna and Istan of Abaddon.

And thanks to Amir (your character name eludes my attempt at spelling it for the moment) for providing the material by which to craft some Elonian armor and by helping me CapSig a much needed Elite.

If anyone is interested in working on the NightFall quest chain, just look me up in game (Valentin de Sevilla, as mentioned previously)!

DrHookenstein on
    "He piled upon the whale's white hump the sum of all the general rage and hate felt by his whole race from Adam down; and then, as if his chest had been a mortar, he burst his hot heart's shell upon it." -Moby Dick
  • AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Not a problem, Hookenstein, as I said before, I was tired of you looking like a half naked Greek peasant boy.

Alecthar on
    edited February 2011
    Geod wrote: »
    Vivixenne wrote: »

happy

Only 20e? Thought they sold for more. But you got pretty lucky getting two of the things :)

I try not to get too hung up on prices, especially since I had two of them to sell.

It got me up to ~500k in the bank and so I bought some ZKeys with the cash. :P

DoA is a pretty brilliant moneymaker, and I haven't actually sold any gemsets yet.

Vivixenne on
  • Serious_ScrubSerious_Scrub Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I used up all my luck in GW when I found a req 8 15>50 zodiac sword a month after Factions came out, which I sold for ~120 ectos (which were also worth more back then). I just know that 15 coffers will give me 75 Elixirs of Valor

Serious_Scrub on
    edited February 2011
    Sounds like I definitely need to make sure I'm around for DoA next week, cuz I needs me some cash money. Those Prestige armor sets aren't gonna craft themselves, that's for damn sure.

Alecthar on
    edited February 2011
    Alecthar wrote: »
    Sounds like I definitely need to make sure I'm around for DoA next week, cuz I needs me some cash money. Those Prestige armor sets aren't gonna craft themselves, that's for damn sure.

We're not planning on doing DoA this week - The Deep actually.

EDIT: But I'm sure that we'll go back there :)

Geod on
  • MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2011
    Anyone on who can send me an invite?

Currently on as "Morkath Ragnarok"

Morkath on
    edited February 2011

Isn't The Deep the Luxon version of Urgoz' Warren?

Alecthar on
    edited February 2011

Isn't The Deep the Luxon version of Urgoz' Warren?

Yeah, basically. I need to do Urgoz at some point too. I think the plan is to run through all of the elite areas for the HoM statues.

EDIT: Do let me know if you want to do DoA though at another time, I'm always up for it.

Geod on
    edited February 2011
    Morkath wrote: »
    Anyone on who can send me an invite?

Currently on as "Morkath Ragnarok"

Invited :)

Geod on
    edited February 2011
    New Thread Posted:

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=137487

Post there please - I'm PMing a mod to get this one locked.

Geod on
This discussion has been closed.