As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Sudden random Chrome crashes on youtube and blip.tv

surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloveddreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
For some reason, in the past day or so. fullscreen blip.tv and youtube in general has caused chrome to lock up and crash.

I have reinstalled chrome, flash player, and my graphics card drivers and am now at a loss. What on earth could be causing it?

obF2Wuw.png
surrealitycheck on

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Apparently VLC player now can't play videos (it crashes and locks up), yet windows media player can.

This must be some kind of display thing, but I have no idea what's going on - I literally just did a clean install of new drivers.

I have a laptop that uses Nvidia optimus and I'm beginning to think this might be a problem with the intel chip. I can't open its properties in control panel - the button just does nothing. Any flash video is causing the browser to lock up now, and media player classic home cinema crashes too when running flvs. I am getting really pretty pissed off by this, and I have no idea why it would suddenly start playing up.

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    OK, it seems to be a problem with making flash videos full screen. I just get a black screen and no video elements, while the sound still plays. However, I just restarted and this doesn't cause the same crash - it simply doesn't work. Hmph

Disabling Hardware acceleration in flash has solved the black screen problem - so it seems it was the intel integrated chip being a douche. Fuck Nvidia Optimus, seriously.

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I had this happen to me with my ATI card.

New drivers added support for accelerated flash video (Which only activates on full-screen) but for some reason I uninstalled them and then installed older ones that didn't have this support. Nevertheless, all flash video started to crash. What I did to fix this was to completely wipe the drivers, by using driversweeper (or is it drivercleaner?) and then installing the older drivers without the accelerated content.

Nvidia drivers now have a clean install option, I don't know how it compares to driversweeper, but did you use it?

Satsumomo on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Nah, I just disabled hardware acceleration in flash and it seems that flash was making the chip itself break, so then I couldn't watch any other video.

Now flash has no hardware acceleration, the chip doesn't shit itself and everything runs fine - albeit a bit aliased!

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png