As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Looking for cartoonists for a strip for d6 Magazine

arcgadenarcgaden Registered User new member
edited February 2011 in Artist's Corner
Hello,

I'm one of a group of gamers developing and working on the d6 Magazine, a magazine that is new and is based on using the OpenD6 OGL. What's OpenD6 OGL? Why its the D6-based gaming created originally by West End Games in the 80s and 90s, which eventually hosted the Star Wars D6 series of Role Playing Games, now released by West End Games via OGL to the masses. So we've taken that release on the OpenD6 OGL stuff and started creating, and part of our developing is being put into good use with the completely free and volunteer based d6 Magazine.

You can check out the first (and only since it only came out a week and a half ago) here: http://www.d6magazine.com click on the Download link page at the top have at it. The D6 Magazine is complete free.

So back to the point of this post, we are looking for anyone interested in doing artwork for the game developers, and we're also looking for anyone interested in doing a regular cartoon strip for the d6 Magazine. If you'd like to get involved or just plain interested in doing artwork, its should be decent exposure as time passes, since it is free, and we plan on pushing the distribution a bit more as the magazine expands. There is already an established d6-gaming fan base.

What about compensation? Well - right now its a case by case basis per game developers choosing whether or not they can work with someone they have to pay, someone who is willing to work for free. Me? I paid someone for a few pictures, but its someone who I have come to depend on and trust. When it comes down to it, it is likely that a lot of art will get free exposure and credits, however there is no promise of compensation unless you work that out with a specific developer. As for the person creating the cartoon strip, that would likely need to be of your own free will, since the magazine itself has no financial base at this time.

SOOOOOoo - if you are still interested and want to get into contact with us, you can email me directly (I do the editing for the magazine for the moment - until I die or they find someone else better) AT submissions@d6magazine.com

Best Regards,
J. Elliot

arcgaden on

• Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2011
    Hi. Welcome to the AC. You may want to have a look at the Rules Thread: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/announcement.php?f=14&a=71

This sort of thing is looked down upon. Specifically:

10 ) Do Not Ask for Art in a New Thread
    Do not start new threads to ask for free art, tattoo designs, Websites, etc. If you wish to commission paid work, ask in the CHAT or Questions/Discussion thread.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    arcgadenarcgaden Registered User new member
    edited February 2011
    @Rankenphile: Sorry - yeah this was a tough one, because technically its all a volunteer magazine right now. Technically I'm just asking to see if anyone is interested in contributing to the magazine, not specifically free artists. Mostly just summizing the situation and bringing up the fact that we're looking to put together a section for a cartoonist and generally let people click and peck where they like. Its definitely not a direct solicitation, but I see your point.

- J.

arcgaden on