As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Justice League animated... ugh.

12346»

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    That was a mixed bag show. Really dug the actionn and it looked cool at the time. Voice cast was good. The story and villains though...ugh.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Never saw the MTV show, so I had no idea NPH was Spider-Man on there. Of the four Spider-Men in Shattered Dimensions, NPH was the most talented and easily the closest to the voice I hear mature Parker having in the comic books. If they weren't going for the younger, Ultimate Spidey in the new series, I'd really like to see him do the voice there, too.

Hensler on
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Guess everyone heard already, but in case you hadn't...

Dwayne McDuffie is dead.

Shit.

chiasaur11 on
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Fuck.

Looking over his IMDB he was responsible for some of my favorite episodes.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    guys I keep crying. :(

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Options
    HtownHtown Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    SHIT

Htown on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Yeah, that's really sad.

BigDes on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MaratastikMaratastik Just call me Mara, please! Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Haha, just got up to the first episode of Unlimited with the Atom.

Looking for some nano thingie and finds it...

"He's bigger than my car now, Katie. Personally, I blame you."
    "How can it possibly be my fault"
    "Because otherwise it would be my fault. And that can't be right. I'm a professor.

And after destroying it and left lying prone on its back....
    "Professor Palmer, professor, Ray!"
    "I'm going to lay here for a while, Katie. I'm old now and I get tired."

:lol::lol:

Oh god and batman a few seconds later after getting his bat plane blown up is falling to the ground...
    "Batman to all points. I could use some air support. Since I can't fly. At all."
    Nearly hitting the ground....
    "Now would be good."

Maratastik on
  • Options
    HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Olorin wrote: »
    Haha, just got up to the first episode of Unlimited with the Atom.

Looking for some nano thingie and finds it...

"He's bigger than my car now, Katie. Personally, I blame you."
    "How can it possibly be my fault"
    "Because otherwise it would be my fault. And that can't be right. I'm a professor.

And after destroying it and left lying prone on its back....
    "Professor Palmer, professor, Ray!"
    "I'm going to lay here for a while, Katie. I'm old now and I get tired."

:lol::lol:

Oh god and batman a few seconds later after getting his bat plane blown up is falling to the ground...
    "Batman to all points. I could use some air support. Since I can't fly. At all."
    Nearly hitting the ground....
    "Now would be good."

Warren Ellis's episode.

So good. Makes me wish he did more tv work, especially after hearing that the Marvel Anime are all developed from ideas he gave them years ago and not actually scripted or anything by him.

HadjiQuest on
  • Options
    KING LITERATEKING LITERATE Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    After watching many passionless, boring, coma inducing episodes, I'm thinking of sticking a fork in this series. Bad animation, painful music, sub-par voice acting, darn near non-existent slice-of-life moments... this is just a bad follow up to Batman: TAS and Superman: TAS.

Obvious troll is obvious.

KING LITERATE on
    Diamond FC: 3867 1354 8291
    TWITTER TWATS
  • Options
    Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Yah it's humerous that a thread started by someone who hates animated comic book shows has been hijacked into the new comic-toon appreciation thread.

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
  • Options
    MaratastikMaratastik Just call me Mara, please! Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Finally got up to the Superman vs Capt. Marvel episode. Good episode...my only gripe is the same as my biggest gripe of the series so far...they portray superman as a giant prick. The speech the Capt. gives to the JLA at the end of the episode was totally awesome and made the episode for me.

Maratastik on
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Superman being prickish is a red herring.

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Olorin wrote: »
    Finally got up to the Superman vs Capt. Marvel episode. Good episode...my only gripe is the same as my biggest gripe of the series so far...they portray superman as a giant prick. The speech the Capt. gives to the JLA at the end of the episode was totally awesome and made the episode for me.

Well the idea is that Cadmus is slowly pushing Superman to his breaking point, so they can show the world that he needs to be kept in check.

LockedOnTarget on
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    In Young Justice Batman and Superman have almost switched personalities. Batman is there for the kids and Superman is all "Not yo' daddy!"

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    duraxdurax Who watches the watchdogs? Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I don't know, Batman has related to disaffected youths often in his history (which is how he ended up collecting them).

I can't think of any recent scenes that showed Superman talking to them outside of PSAs. Though I do think he spends time at orphanages as Clark Kent.

durax on
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Clark and Lois adopted General Zod's kid in the comics, and it worked really well for the character in mirroring what the Kents did with him.

It's because Lois is telling him the kids not his, we're headed for a whole Maury Povich show.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    duraxdurax Who watches the watchdogs? Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Batman has Robin and Batgirl obviously, but BTAS also had several episodes where Batman interacts with kids:
    The Underdwellers -- kids terroized into pickpocketing by some sewer dweller
    Batman's in my closet -- kids take care of a wounded batman while he fights The Penguin's poison
    Be a clown -- The mayor's son kidnapped by the joker

Superman: TAS:
    Action figures -- An amnesiac metallo washes up on the beach and befriends two kids, Superman must convince them of the danger.

And that's it? I guess theres the most recent live action movie where he said nothing to his son, and Superman vs Shazaam! where he talks to billy. Are there more?

edit: Thanks TexiKen, maybe I'll start checking the comics again (any particular series?)

durax on
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    durax wrote: »

edit: Thanks TexiKen, maybe I'll start checking the comics again (any particular series?)

The Superman books aren't doing so well right now because Superman hasn't been in them for the last two years, and there has been a terrible story where Superman walks across the country that has yet to wrap up. Action Comics is pretty good but it's been a Lex Luthor book for the past year.

The story about Superman adopting a kid was in Superman: Last Son, and Chris Kent was also shown in some other issues that were mainly fill-in, like The Third Kryptonian.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Last Son was such a great moment for the character.

Too bad it was the beginning of the whole New Krypton saga.

HadjiQuest on