As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

NEW VENUE: Get Wild with SFX-360, 2old2play and Emminentt at Gamers Gone Wild

ZeroHourHeroZeroHourHero Allentown, PARegistered User regular
edited March 2011 in PAX Archive
UPDATE: NEW LOCATION, NO DRESS CODE, NO COVER (Look at bottom of post for new location) Also: NEW FLIER!

Sorry in advance for the loooong post, but I just wanted to stop by and invite the PAX Community to Gamers Gone Wild.
SFX-PAXFlyer-2011.jpg

PAX East 2011 is right around the corner, and with PAX comes the 2nd annual Gamers Gone Wild. It’s going to be a party of epic proportions for gamers of all walks of life (Provided they’re 21+). Running from 8 PM until 2 AM Friday March 11th get ready to dance, game, and otherwise party the night away while three awesome DJ’s spin some of the hottest tracks all night long.

Who are these legends of the turn tables? None other than:

DJ Spin (http://soundcloud.com/turntablezdj) - His 20 year career in the mix has taken him from New York to California to DC. Bringing his love for music and passion for making people move, he spins genres as diverse as trance, house, reggae, hip-hop, and electro. DJ Spin has opened for such artists as Natasha Beddingfield, T-Pain, Brooke Hogan, Mario Vasquez, Cassie, Kat Deluna, Paul Wall, and Rhianna. Currently obsessed with the deep grooves of electro house ... he is always making noise!

DJ Xyande (http://www.myspace.com/djxyanyde) -- From Woodbridge, VA DJ Xyande spins some of the craziest video game music remixes you can find. A gamer his entire life, he started remixing video game music has a hobby and it took off. When he’s not djing he’s a member of the H2O Clan and plays in MLG Tournaments.

And last but not least, a man who needs no introduction, The Domfather himself will be headlining the event, the one the only, the legendary:

Carlos Ferro: Best known as the voice of Dominic Santiago in the Gears of Wars Series, he has also done the voice of Leonardo Da Vinci in Assassins Creed 2 and Don Michael Corleone The Godfather 2, and the list goes on and on.

When hes not voice acting in some of the most well known titles in modern gaming he’s also a fantastic DJ. The Domfather will be at Gamers Gone Wild, not just to hang out this year, but to DJ for an hour. So dance the night away and let the Domfather serenade you with the best in music.

Beat The Pros Challenge

While the music plays take a minute to ask yourself “Can I beat fatal1ty and prod1gyx in video games?” then step up to the challenge and be a contender against the two of them in the Beat The Pro Challenge.

Along with challenging those two titans, if you can beat our Mystery Pro in Street Fighter 2 you can take home a Street Fighter 2 arcade cabinet. Be the envy of your friends and neighbors, when you have this classic of the arcade in your living room!

After you’ve played against these three gaming greats, take a minute unwind on the 3rd floor in the Gamers Haven, from Game Underground (http://www.gameunderground.com). It will be free play area where you can play some of your favorite games while you relax in style.

Sponsors:

Along with the kicking beats, thumping bass, and other entertainment we have a giant list of sponsors providing swag, contests, raffles and more. From the big boys to the indie companies, the full list of sponsors includes:

• Epic Games
• Sega
• Treyarch
• EA
• THQ
• 2k Games
• Activistion
• Harmonix
• Popcap
• Twisted Pixel
• Astro Gaming
• Mad Catz
• Fatal1ty
• Gunnar Optiks
• Sharkoon
• Gripits
• Game Helmets
• Omega Case Mods
• Xtend Play
• pdp gaming
• Think Geek
• J!NX
• Project Gaems
• Project Triforce
• Beyond Gaming
• Redlynx
• Spirit Hoods
• Game Underground
• Calibur11
• Unveil NYC

Prizes/Swag:
We’ll be giving away 2 Vaults from Calibur 11 and 2 Customized Helmets from Exomechs. Vaults go around the outside of your console, look generally awesome, and keep it protected in the event of an accidental fall. The helmets, well they go on your head, and allow you to run around in imagination land looking like a badass.

As for swag, we’ll have 1000 swag bags provided by Unveil NYC, filled with assorted swag from Unveil NYC and the rest of our sponsors, so get there early because the swag bags are first come first serve, and will be packed with the coolness.

Charity Raffles:
We’re also going to have three raffles for some amazing stuff, one raffle to benefit Childs Play and one to benefit four different wildlife charities.

The first raffle Is a one of a kind Gamers Gone Wild skinned PS3, from Beyond Gaming. The profits of the raffle will go to Childs Play. Represent SFX while you play, and brag about your luck to everyone, but make sure to mention you got it from SFX-360.

Make sure to check out the amazing Tron Xbox from Omega Case Mods with all of the profits from the raffle going to Childs Play (http://www.childsplaycharity.org) so support a great cause while you party, and maybe you too can win!

Spirit Hoods has also donated 8 different hoods to raffle off with the proceeds benefiting: Polar Bear International (http://www.polarbearsinternational.org), Snow Leopard Conservancy (http://www.snowleopardconservancy.org), Wolf Hollow (http://www.wolfhollowipswich.org), and Pandas International (http://www.pandasinternational.org). So if you love animals, the raffle will only run you $5 a ticket, and that can not only win you a sweet Spirit Hood, but help some animals.

So not only is Gamers Gone Wild a place to party, but it’s a place to give back to the world while you do it.
Get there early, because it all kicks off at 8 PM. With four floors of entertainment, industry professionals and gamers partying arm in arm, Gamers Gone Wild is aiming to blow the roof of of The Felt.

How much will this fantastic night of fun cost you? $10? $15? How does free sound, because that’s what it is.

And finally, if you cant make it to Boston this year, you can still watch the festivities. Justin.TV will be streaming Gamers Gone Wild LIVE on their front page the entire night!

You can find the Felt at:
533 Washington Street, Boston, MA

And check it out online, http://www.feltboston.com

Be sure to pay attention to SFX-360.com and 2old2play for more information.

You can find those sites at:

http://www.sfx-360.com

and

http://2old2play.com

We look forward to seeing you there.

P.S.

To anyone in a wheelchair, I emailed the Felt about wheelchair accessibility, this was their reply:
Felt does have an elevator that we can use for handicapped customers. We don't really use the elevator regularly for everyone, but we are happy to use it for handicap access

ZeroHourHero on

• Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Calling it now. Going to be a sausage fest.

Decius on
    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    SausageSausage FLRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011

Heck yes, then I would fit right in.

Sausage on
    3DS: 2964-9827-0033
  • Options
    emf715emf715 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Sausage wrote: »
    Heck yes, then I would fit right in.
    Priceless. +1

emf715 on
  • Options
    WaterbornWaterborn Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Decius wrote: »

Hehe based on last year's event (and the current list of confirmed guests), you couldn't be more wrong. With that said, we look forward to seeing everyone at Market on Friday, March 11th.

Waterborn on
    http://www.2old2play.com/Blog/Waterborn
    East Coast Correspondent for 2Old2Play.com
  • Options
    It's not a tumorIt's not a tumor Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    That's only a few blocks from my hotel. Totally there if I'm still conscious.

It's not a tumor on
  • Options
    territoiresterritoires Upstate NYRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    A club where Dominic Santiago is the DJ?

WHAAAAAAAAT.

This sounds great, but the live Bombcast falls right in the middle of it, so I think I might make it, but I'll be a little late. Tell him to wait for me.

territoires on
    I write about games on a few websites.
    Gaming blog
    @lamournumerique
  • Options
    jujujuju [E] Line Entertainment! Brookline, MARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Market's a pretty cool venue. This sounds like it could be some serious fun.

juju on
    PAX East '10-16 Pokecrawl || Team Green's Awesome PokeProf!
    PAX Prime '10-'13 Triwizard Drinking Tournament || Hufflepuff Head of House!
    Twitter: @jujukoo
    [E]
  • Options
    FrugusFrugus Photographer MontrealRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Very interesting! The only thing I have to say though is that it seems to start a big early. I figure PAX will still be in full swing by those hours and such an event would have been (and probably still is) a great alternative as the expo winds down.

If PAX does wind down (for me at least) then I'll definitely be there.

Frugus on
    Frugus Eggbeater
    ufCl1ui.png
  • Options
    itzerokewlitzerokewl Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Missed out on this last year, but maybe I can muster a group together to go this year.

itzerokewl on
    signature.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Frugus wrote: »
    Very interesting! The only thing I have to say though is that it seems to start a big early. I figure PAX will still be in full swing by those hours and such an event would have been (and probably still is) a great alternative as the expo winds down.

Unfortunately, unlike other large cities, Boston locks down at 2am. Due to the amount of programming that we have planned for our event, we felt that we could not kick off the event any later and still shoehorn everything in. The good news is that Carlos should not start spinning until midnight, which should give everyone at PAXEast time to head over. Market is less than a 10 minute walk from the BCEC.

Waterborn on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Waterborn wrote: »
    Decius wrote: »

Hehe based on last year's event (and the current list of confirmed guests), you couldn't be more wrong. With that said, we look forward to seeing everyone at Market on Friday, March 11th.

This is what I keep trying to tell them.

ZeroHourHero on
  • Options
    jujujuju [E] Line Entertainment! Brookline, MARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I was at the GGW party last year and while yeah, there were a ton of guys, it was FAR from a sausage fest.

Do you know if GGW is taking over ALL of Market? Because last year they had floors 1 & 3 of Lir, with the normal non-PAX crowd on the 2nd floor, COMPLETELY confused as to why there were dudes and cute chickcs walking around dressed like Pokemon.

I just ask because the normal clientele of Market on a regular Friday or Saturday night and the normal PAX attendees are two ridiculously opposite sort of people :P

juju on
    PAX East '10-16 Pokecrawl || Team Green's Awesome PokeProf!
    PAX Prime '10-'13 Triwizard Drinking Tournament || Hufflepuff Head of House!
    Twitter: @jujukoo
    [E]
  • Options
    cyntheticcynthetic Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Epic. I will be there, which ensures that it will not be a "sausage fest." and I would venture to guess that I wont be the only non-guy there. :)

cynthetic on
  • Options
    lillblillb Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    This sounds intriguing. I'm trying to head to the GW2 meetup Friday night but if my group is interested in going out after we might try to go to this.
    It's going to be a busy weekend for sure!

lillb on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    juju wrote: »
    I was at the GGW party last year and while yeah, there were a ton of guys, it was FAR from a sausage fest.

Do you know if GGW is taking over ALL of Market? Because last year they had floors 1 & 3 of Lir, with the normal non-PAX crowd on the 2nd floor, COMPLETELY confused as to why there were dudes and cute chickcs walking around dressed like Pokemon.

I just ask because the normal clientele of Market on a regular Friday or Saturday night and the normal PAX attendees are two ridiculously opposite sort of people :P

We have the entire building, including the roof.

ZeroHourHero on
  • Options
    SausageSausage FLRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    <--- Another female who is probably going to attend.

Sausage on
    3DS: 2964-9827-0033
  • Options
    LosarLosar Thane Vector, Rock Star Tucson, AZRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I might have to head this way once the Protomen leave the stage. Can't miss that show.

Losar on
    Isn't that informative!? Hooray!!
  • Options
    FirelanceFirelance Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    21 and over? Awwwwww....

Firelance on
  • Options
    Vaulter85Vaulter85 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I went last year and it was a lot of fun, I got to meet Dom & Adam Sessler which was awesome. The only negative things about it was that I had to wait in line in the freezing cold for about an hour just to get in. Once I got in I was only able to hang out in the lower level room with the free play machines. Which was a lot of fun meeting other people and playing in the tournaments. But it seemed like a lot of the more exciting events were happening upstairs in the VIP level. I was only able to meet Dom & Sessler because I caught them at the entrance before they went into the VIP room. So my question will there be a VIP floor again? Can regular PAX attendees like myself get into the VIP or is it just for media and who ever you guys want? Either way I will be attending, I am sure it's going to be bigger & better this year.

Vaulter85 on
    Team Charmander Brofessional
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Vaulter85 wrote: »
    I went last year and it was a lot of fun, I got to meet Dom & Adam Sessler which was awesome. The only negative things about it was that I had to wait in line in the freezing cold for about an hour just to get in. Once I got in I was only able to hang out in the lower level room with the free play machines. Which was a lot of fun meeting other people and playing in the tournaments. But it seemed like a lot of the more exciting events were happening upstairs in the VIP level. I was only able to meet Dom & Sessler because I caught them at the entrance before they went into the VIP room. So my question will there be a VIP floor again? Can regular PAX attendees like myself get into the VIP or is it just for media and who ever you guys want? Either way I will be attending, I am sure it's going to be bigger & better this year.

Theres more open areas for everyone this year, with a free play level on the 3rd floor, and the regular dance/dj level.... somewhere (I dont even know which floor that is) Plus some cool surprises that we may be announcing later, or keeping to ourselves until the event itself. It's a massive improvement on last years event.

ZeroHourHero on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    To add to what ZeroHourHero said above, we have control of all four floors. The main floor, which is by far the largest area, is where most of the action (DJ's, give-aways, Play the Pro's, tournaments, TRON raffle, arcade machines, etc) will occur. We heard the concerns of those who felt left out in the basement during last year's event and we have worked very hard to design a layout that will allow greater integration of all attendees. The capacity of the main floor is around 650 and the second and third floors are about 150 each.

The second floor will be an industry "VIP" area where developers and press can go to chill out and talk shop if they want to. The third floor will be a console FREE play room hosted by Game Underground. We are planning to have live entertainment on the roof deck, weather permitting.

The good thing about Market is that we also have control over the courtyard outside of the venue. So even if you are waiting in line to get in, we will have things for your to do besides simply lining up along the side of the building (once again, the scope of which will be weather dependent). Market has a capacity about 35% bigger than Lir, with most of the space concentrated on the main level. With that said, once the venue reaches capacity (and it will), folks will have to wait until someone leaves to enter (one in, one out). This is required by fire codes and completely out of our control. So plan to arrive as close to the kick off time of 8pm as you can. We specifically moved the event to Friday this year to avoid headline concerts that take place on Saturday night.

Waterborn on
  • Options
    lucazzolucazzo Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I just realized what's more or less in the way between MKT and the BCEC:

South Street Diner. (Lucazzo always tries to figure out what to eat after clubbing)

Observations from last year, for the unbelievers:

- It's not a sausage fest. But the SF2 cab was getting more attention than then women were.
    - It's the only club night I've ever attended in which I didn't feel lame for talking videogames.
    - Quoting a bartender at Lir: "This crowd's way better than the usual for a Saturday"
    - Those who attended last year are still talking about it. Yep, it was that good.

lucazzo on
    PAX East '11 Team Squirtle Group B - Professor.
    PAX East '12 Team Totodile Gold - Professor
  • Options
    trinistandtrinistand Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Looks like this will be a great time. And with Chinatown in close proximity too for other late night eats.

trinistand on
  • Options
    TdarTURboTdarTURbo Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Will The Protomen start performing at 8:00 PM?

TdarTURbo on
  • Options
    SmidgetSmidget Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Hell yeah, sounds like an awesome time. I'll be there for sure. Question: what time did the line start forming last year? No doubt it'll be different this time but even having a general idea would be nice. There's a 7:30 panel I was wanting to go to but I'd pass on it to avoid standing outside in the cold for an hour(or less/more) to get in. Add to that being with a group and having to wait for each one of us to get in, blah blah etc. Might as well just avoid it all and get there early.

Smidget on
    I read arrows
  • Options
    testsubject23testsubject23 King of No Sleep ZzzzzzzRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Waterborn wrote: »
    We specifically moved the event to Friday this year to avoid headline concerts that take place on Saturday night.

Oh, the irony. I wouldn't care about missing the Saturday night concerts, but there's nothing short of divine intervention gonna stop me from seeing MC Frontalot and the Protomen.

I may drop over after the show, but I'm too spoiled and lazy to be waiting outside in the cold - if the venue's gonna fill up, and the lines are long, I'll probably just stay away.

testsubject23 on
    camo_sig2.png
    Steam: Chaos Introvert | Twitch.tv: Chaos_Introvert | R*SC: Chaos_Introvert | PSN: testsubject23
  • Options
    Sm1ttySm1tSm1ttySm1t Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Everyone's favorite unknown video game blogger will be there.

Yeah, me. I'm setting my itinerary AROUND Gamers Gone Wild because I finally get to meet my pals frmo SFX-360 and 2old2play.

Sm1ttySm1t on
  • Options
    Exodus1Exodus1 MarylandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    oh man, now I'm torn whether I should go to this or the concert, guess I will do my best to do both =P

Exodus1 on
  • Options
    ZebraCakesZebraCakes Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I can't miss the Protomen and Metroid Metal(well, Metroid Metal anyway, I live close to the Protomen's base of operations, so I see them a lot), but I'll be sure to check this out once that's over.

ZebraCakes on
  • Options
    cyntheticcynthetic Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    What is an acceptable time to show up and be pretty certain to get in when the doors open?

cynthetic on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Sm1ttySm1t wrote: »
    Everyone's favorite unknown video game blogger will be there.

Yeah, me. I'm setting my itinerary AROUND Gamers Gone Wild because I finally get to meet my pals frmo SFX-360 and 2old2play.

Be honest sm1tty, you just want to go drinking with me.
    cynthetic wrote: »
    What is an acceptable time to show up and be pretty certain to get in when the doors open?

I'll be honest, a little early is better than a little late.

ZeroHourHero on
  • Options
    MangoChutneeMangoChutnee Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Sounds like a great time! Is the venue wheelchair friendly?

MangoChutnee on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Sounds like a great time! Is the venue wheelchair friendly?

Mango, Im sorry to say that only the first floor is, but theres going to be a mountain of stuff going on there, as thats where our main stage is.

This is an issue of mine as well as I have mobility issues.

Hopefully next year we can find a venue with elevators and such.

ZeroHourHero on
  • Options
    MangoChutneeMangoChutnee Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Mango, Im sorry to say that only the first floor is, but theres going to be a mountain of stuff going on there, as thats where our main stage is.

This is an issue of mine as well as I have mobility issues.

Hopefully next year we can find a venue with elevators and such.

Ok, thanks for the quick reply! We'll see if we can make it.

MangoChutnee on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Update: Justin Wong wont be able to make it, so We're finding another SF2 person to take his spot in the beat the pro challenge.

We've also picked up a few more sponsors, and I've updated the list to reflect that.

ZeroHourHero on
  • Options
    Sm1ttySm1tSm1ttySm1t Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Be honest sm1tty, you just want to go drinking with me.

YES. I'm going to buy you, Kona, and Waterborn at LEAST 1 shot each. You got insurance on this place, right?

Sm1ttySm1t on
  • Options
    Oldmangloom315Oldmangloom315 [ENFORCER] Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I won't be able to make this but I saw Dom perform at Conneticon, and it was pretty entertaining. If the Friday night concerts aren't your thing, check it out.

Oldmangloom315 on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    NEW NEWS:

Cant make it to pax but still want to see the kickass festivities?

Justin.TV will be streaming Gamers Gone Wild LIVE on their frontpage.

On a side note, due to a promotion agreement within the city of boston. Make sure to bring your pax pass to the event so you get in for free.

Without the pass there will be a $5 cover.

ZeroHourHero on
  • Options
    lucazzolucazzo Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    NEW NEWS:

Cant make it to pax but still want to see the kickass festivities?

Justin.TV will be streaming Gamers Gone Wild LIVE on their frontpage.

All we needed. More of my drunk stupid self streaming on the internet. =P

lucazzo on
    PAX East '11 Team Squirtle Group B - Professor.
    PAX East '12 Team Totodile Gold - Professor
  • Options
    TuftTuft Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    If someone can confirm any chance of dubstep I shall be forced to attend.

Tuft on