As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

DNF: This is the old thread.

• Options
    KlashKlash Lost... ... in the rainRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Does the GoG version of DN3D allow for co-op/still function? Also, does eduke work for co-op?

I can't imagine a better thing than multiple Dukes, all with shotguns out, wailing on the big bosses.

Klash on
    We don't even care... whether we care or not...
  • Options
    donhonkdonhonk Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Sadly, for co op purposes, the new releases of eduke are a mess. They don't work.

Some guys on somethingawful were able to get it working with an old build, but that build has sound issues. Its a sad state of affairs.

donhonk on
  • Options
    RedlanceRedlance Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    donhonk wrote: »
    Sadly, for co op purposes, the new releases of eduke are a mess. They don't work.

Some guys on somethingawful were able to get it working with an old build, but that build has sound issues. Its a sad state of affairs.
    I was able to host one fine, but of course that was just with myself. Either way if you ever want to play dukematches or anything you just need This Client.

Redlance on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Redlance wrote: »

I was able to host one fine, but of course that was just with myself. Either way if you ever want to play dukematches or anything you just need This Client.

We were indeed using YANG. Still crashes! Blah! Anywho, new OP!

donhonk on
  • Options
    ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Synthesis wrote: »
    On one hand, scarce ammo did make for some interesting gameplay for Duke 3D.

On the other hand, you are in L.A.. There should be sections where you are literally swimming in shotgun, pistol, and machine gun ammunition.

Certain Neighborhoods, perhaps? :P

Arrath on
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Arrath wrote: »
    Synthesis wrote: »
    On one hand, scarce ammo did make for some interesting gameplay for Duke 3D.

On the other hand, you are in L.A.. There should be sections where you are literally swimming in shotgun, pistol, and machine gun ammunition.

Certain Neighborhoods, perhaps? :P

The world Duke Nukem exists in is not a happy nor peaceful one. Does make for a bitchin' game though. :P

Synthesis on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Has anyone pre-ordered, in-store, with GameStop?

I canceled my Amazon and set-up with them today. What I wasn't given was my First Access code, or any pre-order stuff. I went back later to ask the staff, and not one of them knew God damned jack. I explain to them that their site clearly outlines what comes with the pre-order, and an early access code to a demo, coming on a card or something at the time of pick-up is kind of useless, therefore there should be something I'm to be given at this time. They remained dumb founded.

Anybody have any idea how this pre-order is supposed to work? When/where do I get my pre-order items?

Edit: This is the online listing. It states in-store customers will receive the necessary info on their receipt, except I don't see anything out of the ordinary for a receipt.

Klash on
  • Options
    DecoyDecoy Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Just read this on the site.
    In-Store Customers: A code with instructions on how to unlock your First Access Club will be printed on your receipt at time of reserve. A code with instructions on how to unlock Dukes Big Package will be printed on your receipt at time of purchase.

I preordered the Balls of Steel edition before they announced the bonuses, but if you preordered AFTER they announced them, that should be the way to go. As for me, I'll have to go back.

Decoy on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    donhonk on
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011

I still think Pitchford in an act of publicity should hand deliver a copy of the Balls of Steel Edition to Slash000

Psychotic One on
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

I still think Pitchford in an act of publicity should hand deliver a copy of the Balls of Steel Edition to Slash000

He should kneel and then hand him a copy of BoS edition.

Casually Hardcore on
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

He should kneel and then hand him a coper of BoS edition.

Should just rename it the Slash000 edition.

kedinik on
    I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    When is this going to be up for pre-order on Steam. That's what I want to know.

MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    kedinik wrote: »

He should kneel and then hand him a coper of BoS edition.

Should just rename it the Slash000 edition.

Hey guys :) I just submitted my name to that thing. It will probably get lost in the shuffle when five million other fans submit their own names to the credits. Oh well.

Gearbox emailed me a few months ago saying they'd be in touch about whatever Randy Pitchford had in mind for fans with really old preorders, but they never got back to me.

For the record, I am not going to obtain another preorder. I have one and I expect it to be honored! :D

slash000 on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Hey Slash, did they print out an early access code on that receipt of yours? :P

You should contact GameStop's customer service. They've been fixing folks up with FAC codes that aren't being printed right. They oughta fix you up with a FAC code and Gearbox oughta make you president of the "club". Actually, you should get first first access, be given the demo before everyone else, heh.

Now I'm kind of curious. Think they'll give you a DLC code for Duke's Big Package, when you go to pick it up?

Klash on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Klash wrote: »
    Hey Slash, did they print out an early access code on that receipt of yours? :P

You should contact GameStop's customer service. They've been fixing folks up with FAC codes that aren't being printed right. They oughta fix you up with a FAC code and Gearbox oughta make you president of the "club". Actually, you should get first first access, be given the demo before everyone else, heh.

Now I'm kind of curious. Think they'll give you a DLC code for Duke's Big Package, when you go to pick it up?

Heh. I don't have an early access code or anything (yet). I actually don't really want to play the demo because it would spoil things at this point. But it would still be cool if they did something for long time fans like myself :P

slash000 on
  • Options
    HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Slash, are you the one with the picture of the old preorder receipt?

Heir on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

With Jon St. John in the classiest strip club Vegas has.

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Wow, slash. After 10 years of waiting, you might finally get to cash in the pre-order. They really should do something special for you. Your name has shown up on just about every Forever thread ever made here or elsewhere.

That_Guy on
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    With the inflation of the dollar, you might have paid it off already.

Rhesus Positive on
    [Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    edited February 2011

Inflation makes currency worth less. Slash might owe more because of it.

That_Guy on
  • Options
    DartboyDartboy Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    One of the postcards in the Balls of Steel edition should be a framed picture of Slash's reciept.

Dartboy on
  • Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    In case someone wants a Duke Nukem Forever First Access Club code they are giving away 3000 of them in this Spanish website (you must register an account thought):

http://www.hobbynews.es/promocion/duke-nukem

HiT BiT on
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    That_Guy wrote: »

INFLATION DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY! [/morbo]

Inflation causes current-day money to be worth less than older money, not cause older-money to be worth less than modern-day money.

Specifically, $10 in 2001 (When I think Slash preordered) is worth 12.41 in 2011

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    In case someone wants a Duke Nukem Forever First Access Club code they are giving away 3000 of them in this Spanish website (you must register an account thought):

THANK YOU!<3

Turkey on
  • Options
    edited February 2011

Inflation causes current-day money to be worth less than older money, not cause older-money to be worth less than modern-day money.

Specifically, $10 in 2001 (When I think Slash preordered) is worth 12.41 in 2011

Lets think of it this way. I put a $10 bill in my wallet and let it sit there for 10 years. My $10 bill is not going to gain value. Promissory notes do not fluctuate in value. They are for a fixed amount.

That_Guy on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Heir wrote: »
    Slash, are you the one with the picture of the old preorder receipt?

Yeah, that's me. There are several photos of my receipt floating around, but they all originated from my posting them here (PA G&T) at some point. :P

Wow, slash. After 10 years of waiting, you might finally get to cash in the pre-order. They really should do something special for you. Your name has shown up on just about every Forever thread ever made here or elsewhere.

Yeah, I've seen it a lot. My favorite one was the Yahoo article. Also the VGCatz comic.

Sweet, two dollars and forty one extra cents! yessss

slash000 on
  • Options
    RakaiRakai Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    futurama_1_6_06.jpg

Let's see...you put your preorder down in 2001...and at an average of two and quarter interest over the length of the Duke Nukem Forever development time...Congratulations! You now own Gamestop.

Rakai on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]XBL: Rakayn | PS3: Rakayn | Steam ID
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Turkey wrote: »

THANK YOU!<3

Now it's a matter of luck, I guess?

Synthesis on
  • Options
    PatboyXPatboyX Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I've had one of these forever thanks to Borderlands and all it seems to have gotten me is a ton of shit email.

PatboyX on
    "lenny bruce is not afraid..."
    brush1rt1.jpg
  • Options
    Uncle_BalsamicUncle_Balsamic Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

Cheers

Uncle_Balsamic on
    2LmjIWB.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Rakai wrote: »
    futurama_1_6_06.jpg

Let's see...you put your preorder down in 2001...and at an average of two and quarter interest over the length of the Duke Nukem Forever development time...Congratulations! You now own Gamestop.

Reported
    For awesome!

That_Guy on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Has anybody been in the FAC since around its start? I bumped into someone who registered when the Borderlands stuff was announced, they mentioned a couple things. One thing they mentioned was that they'd received e-mails suggesting that certain pieces of "non-big-story-stuff" (paraphrasing there) DLC will be made free for FAC people (not speaking of Duke's Big Package). Can anyone confirm this?

Also, Rakai is an absolute scholarly gentleman. Good show, sir. Good show.

Klash on
  • Options
    iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    TNTrooper wrote: »

?

eQGyF.jpg

iRevert on
  • Options
    LittleBootsLittleBoots Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

Lets think of it this way. I put a $10 bill in my wallet and let it sit there for 10 years. My $10 bill is not going to gain value. Promissory notes do not fluctuate in value. They are for a fixed amount.

I think the lesson to be learned here is that from now on we should all reserve our preorders with gold.

LittleBoots on

Tofu wrote: Here be Littleboots, destroyer of threads and master of drunkposting.
  • Options
    edited February 2011

I think the lesson to be learned here is that from now on we should all reserve our preorders with gold futures.

Synthesis on
  • Options
    Edith UpwardsEdith Upwards Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    iRevert wrote: »
    TNTrooper wrote: »

?

eQGyF.jpg

Sublime. Terrifying. Wonderful.

Those words do not measure up to the thing I am perceiving with my eyes right now.

Edith Upwards on
  • Options
    MacGuffinMacGuffin Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Slash are you going to film your trip to Gamestop?

MacGuffin on
  • Options
    iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    MacGuffin wrote: »
    Slash are you going to film your trip to Gamestop?

And have it narrated by elpresador :shock:

iRevert on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Here's a nice little thing of Pitchford commentating on a play of DN3D :

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/02/26/replay-duke-3d.aspx

I'm having difficulty watching it because the guy playing is awful and somehow seems to have no familiarity with DN3D. How can you have lived through the 90's without having played endless hours of Duke Nukem?

Hearing Randy talk about decals, though, reminds me of shooting my name and smiley faces into walls back then. It was like MS Paint, except your paintbrush was guns and your paint was bullets and this is a pretty strained comparison.

Klash on