As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Search Button

Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
Personally, I think a full sized 'Search' button would be a well worth improvement on the Penny-Arcade forums. Like the size of the 'New Topic' button and possibly just slap it up at the top next to the profile options. The improvement though wouldn't really be more than something to make the SEARCH LINK stick out. Its a handy and great feature, so I think it deserves easier recognition.

Just an opinion, your thoughts?

Lucky Cynic on

• Options
    Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2006
    I like the idea, long as it doesn't add too much to Alpha's plate.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    Mr. Yos MannMr. Yos Mann Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    I like the idea of searching the page for the search button.

Mr. Yos Mann on
    shinichiropot2.gif
  • Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    edited February 2006
    I think it is probably unnecessary. The number of redundant threads is low, usually made by regulars who do search before hand, and those who do so without searching, would most likely not be swayed by a bigger button.

Invisible on
  • Options
    Captain_BrianCaptain_Brian Registered User regular
    edited March 2006
    I'm probably being a moron, but where exactly is the search button or link? I know I've used it before, but for some reason I've been looking for the past five minutes and yet I just can't find the damn thing...

Captain_Brian on
    Captain_Brian-ashsig.jpg
  • Options
    elecgutselecguts Registered User regular
    edited March 2006
    I'm probably being a moron, but where exactly is the search button or link? I know I've used it before, but for some reason I've been looking for the past five minutes and yet I just can't find the damn thing...
    The forums have been picking up in usage recently, and I've been hiding in the background working on keeping all the features afloat. Turns out I can't. phpBB just plain doesn't scale for searching without adding hardware or doing massive code rewrites. So searching is going to be removed from our phpBB powered forum permanently.

elecguts on
    wait, what?
  • Options
    Captain_BrianCaptain_Brian Registered User regular
    edited March 2006
    elecguts wrote:
    he forums have been picking up in usage recently, and I've been hiding in the background working on keeping all the features afloat. Turns out I can't. phpBB just plain doesn't scale for searching without adding hardware or doing massive code rewrites. So searching is going to be removed from our phpBB powered forum permanently.

Oh.

Yeah I guess I was just being a moron then, thanks.

Captain_Brian on
    Captain_Brian-ashsig.jpg
This discussion has been closed.