As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dragon Quest 9 Meetup **UPDATED INFO** PLEASE READ!

• Options
    TrionTrion Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Thanks guys. You've been added to the OP.

ChronoHawk, I've been thinking. If your Enforcer duties prevent you from making it to any of the meetings, you could send me an e-mail with where you're stationed for one of these times. If you have your DS with you and the game set on tag mode, then when we're done we can at least stroll by your position and you can get characters and maps. I know it's not the same and I don't know if that works for you, but it's something.

Trion on
  • Options
    LedaXILedaXI Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I just got the game and also have gotten very far, but I would be interested in meeting up with other DQIX fans. By the time I get there, I may have map contributions. I'll be there all three days. Hopefully I'll be able to meet up with you guys at least one of those days.

LedaXI on
  • Options
    ChronoHawkChronoHawk Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Trion wrote: »
    Thanks guys. You've been added to the OP.

ChronoHawk, I've been thinking. If your Enforcer duties prevent you from making it to any of the meetings, you could send me an e-mail with where you're stationed for one of these times. If you have your DS with you and the game set on tag mode, then when we're done we can at least stroll by your position and you can get characters and maps. I know it's not the same and I don't know if that works for you, but it's something.

It all depends on when my shifts are, I'll be finding out soon enough. I'll let you know where I end up/when I work, otherwise I'll be around for these.

I reccomend we do this outside of the Expo Hall. IE: Still inside the BCEC, just not where all the booths are. Easier to figure out where to meet, plus we won't have to worry about the crowds as much.

ChronoHawk on
    I am NOT Rider Miller!!!!

enforceruserbarsplitcro.png
    ach.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    ChronoHawk wrote: »
    I reccomend we do this outside of the Expo Hall. IE: Still inside the BCEC, just not where all the booths are. Easier to figure out where to meet, plus we won't have to worry about the crowds as much.

I've gotten some information from people who've run similar meeting and they all said the Handheld Lounge is the way to go. So we'll be doing that.

I will be updating the OP with all the relevant information, probably at the end of this week. Any updates or suggestions for changes should be made now.

I will be using our twitter feed (@dq9paxmeet) te remind everyone before the meeting takes place and to send out updated information if needed (as well as my own random useless thoughts). But how well that works will depend on how slammed the BCEC's Wi-Fi is, so I'd prefer that people not have to rely on it too much.

Trion on
  • Options
    Tempest_BetaTempest_Beta Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Hey guys! I'm super excited to see this is happening! I just got into Dragon Quest (A friend got me the game for Christmas so I can play with him).

My brother, two friends and myself will all be attending all three days. I'll convince them all to bring DQ and be in tag mode! I will also be equipped with my Pokewalker and will have it in plain sight. I'll likely have Pokemon white with me too.

My info-

Hero: Tempest
    Class: Thief
    Maps:
    Graphite mine of Joy (lv. 6)
    Graphite Cave of Dolour (lv.13)
    Granite Tunnel of Woe (lv.1)
    Graphite Cave of Woe (lv.3)
    Clay Crevasse of Joy (lv.7)

Brother's info-

Hero: Narad
    Class: Warrior
    Maps: Unknown, but similar level to mine

Friend 1 (Only attending Saturday):
    Hero: Bullet
    Class: Minstrel
    Maps: None, new to the game

Friend 2:
    Hero: Cliva
    Maps: None, new to the game

Can't wait to see everybody!

Tempest_Beta on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    It'll be good to have you and your friends join us Tempest! I'll add your info to the OP when I redo it all in a couple of days.

Trion on
  • Options
    lillblillb Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    lillb wrote: »
    Hero Name: Adam
    Class: Paladin

Maps:
    Rock Mine of Doubt (Lv. 5)
    Clay Cave of Dolour (Lv. 5)
    Graphite Cave of Woe (Lv. 6)
    Basalt Tunnel of Glee (Lv. 14)

I should have at least a couple more by the time PAX rolls around.
    I am unsure if I will definitely make it to a meetup, it all depends on when it is and what's going on that day. I will be there all 3 days. I have one class on Friday but I think I'm skipping that and getting to the show early (hopefully around opening time). Either way I definitely plan on putting my game into tag mode while walking around the exhibition floor and I hope others will too so I can get some people in my inn.

Just want to update my maps:
    I now have:
    Basalt Mine of Glee (13)
    Granite Lair of Doubt (19)
    Iron Tunnel of Glee (26) - haven't actually completed this one yet but I expect to by PAX. It also has metal medleys spawn in it which is good for leveling.

lillb on
  • Options
    BCBarneyBCBarney Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'll make at least one meet up. I haven't played very much though. I'll keep my DS on tag mode most of the time I'll be walking around too.

Hero Name: BriXan
    Class: Thief

Maps:
    Granite Tunnel of Woe Lvl 1

BCBarney on
  • Options
    WizardWizard Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Oh right.

For the love of all things non-elder, please do not hand out Granite Tunnel of Woe level 1. (Unless someone specifically requests it)

It is by far the most commonly handed out map at all gatherings and meetings simply because it is the first map everyone gets.

Wizard on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I'll be sure not to hand that one out, hahaha. Thanks again, guys, for organizing this. I've followed the twitter account (finally made one for PAX) and can't wait to go!

Tempest_Beta on
  • Options
    CowlauncherCowlauncher MinnesotaRegistered User new member
    edited February 2011
    I have a Martial Artist at LV99 and about 90 maps but none of them have any metal kings. How does map sharing work? Do you lose the map if you post it or is it just duplicated for everybody in the tag mode? I do have a Sapphire World of Doom LV99 that I have completed. My Hero is Todd. Looking forward to this!

Cowlauncher on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    The first post has been updated and has all the current information. I haven't gotten any suggestions for different times so we're going with the Friday at 4, Sat at 2, Sun at 2 plan. I don't think anything will be perfect for everybody anyways.

I myself will be traveling from the Worcester area Friday morning and getting to PAX mid to late morning. I will be using our Twitter feed to do any status updates as needed, but it's probably best not to rely on that. Feel free to say Hi if you see me.

I think that's it for now. I'll add any character info that comes in when I get a chance.

Trion on
  • Options
    Squill2k4Squill2k4 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Alright, count me in! I'll be attending all 3 days, I'll most likely stop by Friday and Saturday.

Char Name: Squill

No good maps, only have 2, haven't even checked out the 2nd one I got yet.

I'm really looking forward to this!

Squill2k4 on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Awesome. Those times work for me. I'm also coming in from Worcester!

Tempest_Beta on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Squill2k4, you have been added.

Tempest, I don't know how you're getting to PAX. But my current plan is to take the 8:30 commuter train in. If you're doing that too, keep an eye out for me. :)

Trion on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I'm also uncertain, but if I see you, I'll say hi!

Tempest_Beta on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I have a Martial Artist at LV99 and about 90 maps but none of them have any metal kings. How does map sharing work? Do you lose the map if you post it or is it just duplicated for everybody in the tag mode? I do have a Sapphire World of Doom LV99 that I have completed. My Hero is Todd. Looking forward to this!

You hand out copies of the map you're sharing. So yeah, it's duplicated. (If you lost it, it wouldn't be much of a social experience...)

Wizard on
  • Options
    shadowshipshadowship Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I have to dig out my DQ9 game then. I haven't played it for awhile. I'll show up on saturday to you guys.

shadowship on
  • Options
    psychopezpsychopez Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    As an aside, does anyone want to buy some Ear Cosys? I have a few (hundred) extra....

:)

psychopez on
    “Myth is the hidden part of every story, the buried part, the region that is still unexplored because there are as yet no words to enable us to get there."

-Italo Calvino
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    psychopez wrote: »
    As an aside, does anyone want to buy some Ear Cosys? I have a few (hundred) extra....

:)

Ah, the humble ear cosy - the slow way to DQ wealth.

AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    EvilSOBEvilSOB Registered User new member
    edited March 2011
    Fantastic that you are finding a way to get us together. It is so difficult to find people to swap maps with.

Hero: EvilSOB
    Class: Gladiator

I'll have a few maps available. I'll update when I have names.

EvilSOB on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Currently:

Hero: Pez
    Class: Warrior, lvl 52.

I have a Silver Marsh of Bane Lvl 58 with a floor of KMS (Actually have 4 different copies of it, but the one for sure has King Metal Slimes on floor 11), just need to beat it so I can share it. It'll be my primary share. I have a bunch of other maps I got at PAX Prime.

Other big ones I have but yet to beat are:

Orgodemir's Map (lvl 1)
    Zoma's Map (lvl 3)
    Baramos's Map (lvl 5)
    Dhoulmagus's Map (lvl 9)
    Baramos's Map (lvl 12)
    Ruby Path of Doom (lvl 87)

And what the hell, here's the entire list in case there's one in there that folks want. All of these are ones I got from PAX Prime. Haven't beaten any of these (Unless *ed) but I can work on it (or we can work on it as a group) if there's one that's worth having. Let me know if there's one you'd like from any listed here and I'll try and have it ready for PAX.
    Rock Cave of Glee (lvl 3)*
    Rock Mine of Joy (lvl 8)*
    Bronze Mine of Dolour (lvl 13)*

Rock Tunnel of Dolour (lvl 1)
    Rock Cave of Dolour (lvl 1)
    Copper Mine of Glee (lvl 4)
    Rock Mine of Dolour (lvl 7)
    Graphite Mine of Dolour (lvl 7)
    Clay Mine of Bliss (lvl 8)
    Basalt Mine of Joy (lvl 9)
    Iron Tunnel of Glee (lvl 11)
    Clay Mine of Glee (lvl 12)
    Bronze Mine of Joy (lvl 13)
    Basalt Mine of Bliss (lvl 16)
    Basalt Mine of Glee (lvl 16)
    Rock Mine of Woe (lvl 17)
    Clay Path of Doubt (lvl 17)
    Bronze Mine of Bliss (lvl 19)
    Rock Lair of Bliss (lvl 20)
    Graphite Lair of Woe (lvl 20)
    Bronze Lake of Dolour (lvl 21)
    Copper Lair of Dolour (lvl 22)
    Bronze Lake of Joy (lvl 22)
    Bronze Dungeon of Dolour (lvl 23)
    Copper Lair of Glee (lvl 23)
    Copper Tunnel of Joy (lvl 27)
    Iron Lair of Doubt (lvl 28)
    Basalt Cave of Bane (lvl 31)
    Basalt Path of Bane (lvl 32)
    Platinum Lair of Joy (lvl 35)
    Bronze Lair of Doubt (lvl 36)
    Silver Lake of Dolour (lvl 41)
    Steel Lair of Doubt (lvl 44)
    Gold Mine of Woe (lvl 46)
    Graphite Lair of Dolour (lvl 47)
    Bronze Moor of Dread (lvl 52)
    Silver Nest of Bane (lvl 52)
    Gold Icepit of Regret (lvl 54)
    Silver Lair of Fear (lvl 55)
    Bronze Crypt of Regret (lvl 58)
    Platinum Mine of Fear (lvl 61)
    Sapphire Lair of Bane (lvl 64)
    Gold Crypt of Bane (lvl 67)
    Bronze World of Regret (lvl 70)
    Diamond Crypt of Death (lvl 82)
    Silver World of Dread (lvl 84)
    Copper World of Death (lvl 90)

psychopez on
    “Myth is the hidden part of every story, the buried part, the region that is still unexplored because there are as yet no words to enable us to get there."

-Italo Calvino
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    You guys have been added. Welcome! :)

Also, the schedule for the handheld tournament is out. The only time we'll be in the lounge at the same time as a tourney is on Sunday. I'm not terribly concerned about it, but if you guys think we should move the time to say 1:00 pm instead, let me know. Unfortunately my own schedule is pretty tight on Sunday, so I can't do earlier than that and can only go to 3:00 at the latest.

Anyway, if you think we should make a change let me know. I'd like to get this settled by the end of the weekend. After that people will be travelling. To PAX!!!!

Trion on
  • Options
    ScootsScoots HandHeld Lounge Manager SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Yep, the tourney schedule has been up on the site for a week or two now but I just got our schedule up here since March sort of snuck up on me.

Anywho...

I would very much appreciate y'all moving the times to conflict with tourney times and other meets less. It'd be a really big help to me and the other Enforcers as far as space management.

If you're good with 1pm across the board or fri/sat @ 1pm and sun @3pm, I'd say let's go for that. If you'd like to hash out, please pm me :)

Scoots on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Oh, bother.

OK, hang tight everyone while I hash this out with Scoots.

Trion on
  • Options
    creid8creid8 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Probably should modify the OP in the meantime so people don't get bad information.

creid8 on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Good idea. I'll do that now. I've also sent out a tweet saying the schedule is being revised. I've sent a PM to Scoots and as soon as he gets back to me we'll get this sorted.

Trion on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    By the way, I'm kicking around the idea of keeping the times the same and meerly moving the meetup to the area across from the Handheld Lounge. Near the Food Court. As shown in this picture:
    Mi96O.jpg

This ideas shamelessly taken from the Pokewalker guys.

This too is under discussion, but if anyone can see a problem with this let me know.

Trion on
  • Options
    ZypharonZypharon Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Hero: Freya
    Class: Paladin

Baramos (lvl 99)
    Murdaw (lvl 99)
    Dragonlord (lvl 58)

Might not make it to all the meeting times but I'll try to leave Tag Mode on as much as possible. If anyone has Raptorne, please please please make it available. He's the only one we're missing!

Zypharon on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Just as I was posting something here I got a message from Scoots. Negotiations aren't complete yet, but I wanted to give you guys an update.

Right now what I think will happen is that we'll be keeping the Saturday and Sunday times at 2:00. There are a couple of options for Friday and as soon as we have that settled, we should be all set.

Trion on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Urk, that's troublesome. Didn't realize that we'd be colliding with the tournies...

Well, hope negotiations go well, Trion!

And Zypharon: Got a level 1 Rhapthorne for you.

Wizard on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Looks like we've gotten everything settled. A big "Thank You" to Scoots for helping me get this settled and just generally putting up with my annoying messages.

I've updated the OP with the new schedule, but I'll put the information here too:

These are the meeting times:

Friday: 5:30pm
    Saturday: 2:00pm
    Sunday: 2:00pm

Friday may be a bit of a crunch, but if the Handheld Lounge gets too full, we'll move across the Skybridge to an area near the Food Court. The volunteers in the lounge will direct stragglers if needed. See here:
    Mi96O.jpg

If you can't make it to one day, feel free to show up on those days when you can. If you can be there all three days, so much the better. It will help out those players who can only be there one day.

Our Twitter account is @dq9paxmeet. I will be tweeting about an hour before each meeting as a reminder and when I get into the handheld lounge. How well this works is dependant on the Convention Center's Wi-Fi which may be slammed. Plan accordingly.

I'll tweet the new schedule soon.

Thank you for your patience everybody!

Trion on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Great! Thanks for getting that cleared up. I should be able to make all those times.

I'd like to update my maps. I've been doing some grotto runs lately so I have a good amount of stronger ones.

-Older Maps-

Granite Tunnel of Woe (lv.1)
    Graphite Cave of Woe (lv.3)
    Graphite mine of Joy (lv.6)
    Clay Crevasse of Joy (lv.7)
    Graphite Cave of Dolour (lv.13)

-New Maps-

Malroth's Map (lv.1) [Need help beating before I can share]
    Graphite Lair of Bliss (lv.15)
    Iron Lair of Bliss (lv.21)
    Copper Mine of Doubt (lv.25)
    Bronze Tunnel of Fear (lv.28)
    Basalt Crypt of Bliss (lv.38)
    Copper Icepit of Gloom (lv.49)
    Gold Crypt of Doubt (lv.63) [Contains Liquid Metal Slimes. Useful for quests 128 156 and 157. Currently planning on sharing this.]

Also, if anyone could share a grotto with "silver" in the title, I'd very much appreciate it. I need it for quest 129. I'm trying to get all the quests done for the special guest extra pieces.

If anyone has a request to share any of these (Except Malroth; still haven't beaten that one) let me know! I'll be happy to help.

Tempest_Beta on
  • Options
    Prototype AxlPrototype Axl Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Hello all!
    We've got one week and I've been working hard on my Questing.

Name: Dymphna
    Class: Minstrel, Lv. 34

The only map I can trade at the moment is Graphite Mine of Dolour 1.

The other maps I have are:
    Estark 1
    Zoma 1
    Basalt Mine of Dolour 7
    Granite Crevasse of Doubt 11
    Steel Cave of Fear 34
    Steel Lair of Dolour 50
    Steel Crypt of Woe 53
    Ruby World of Gloom 83
    Silver Ruins of Dread 86

If I can fix it in time, I'll may have my Mega Man 2 Boss bag with me. (Pic)

Prototype Axl on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Also, if anyone could share a grotto with "silver" in the title, I'd very much appreciate it. I need it for quest 129. I'm trying to get all the quests done for the special guest extra pieces.

If anyone has a request to share any of these (Except Malroth; still haven't beaten that one) let me know! I'll be happy to help.

I'll be sharing Silver Marsh of Bane the entire weekend, so with luck we'll tag one another.

psychopez on

-Italo Calvino
  • Options
    PoeticMadnesssPoeticMadnesss Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    My outfit for PAX might not be what I originally intended, so I updated my post on the first page accordingly so you know what to look for. Can't wait to see you all there!

PoeticMadnesss on
    **Pokemon**
    Black: 0647 5155 3272
    Pkmn Breeder
    Certified Gold Card Carrier - (E4, Entralink, Musical, Pokedex Complete)
  • Options
    nitsajnitsaj Registered User new member
    edited March 2011
    I'll be showing up at least for friday (my first PAX event!!!!).

Hero: Nitsaj

I haven't gotten too far in the game so I don't have any maps for you all, but I'm looking to pick up some tips at least. This game is epic!!!

nitsaj on
  • Options
    AnnaRoyalAnnaRoyal North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I just got dragon quest 9 the other day. my bf got it for me and ive been playing it alot. super fun!

AnnaRoyal on
    I love Tacos.
    WoW: BanAnnaPi#1341
    Steam: BanAnnaPie
    Origin: BanAnnaPie
    3DS Friend Code: 3840 - 6540 - 5643
    https://twitter.com/xAnnasaurusx
  • Options
    ChronoHawkChronoHawk Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Hey guys, talk about good timing. I just got my tentative schedule, I'm on shift until 2 Fri-sat, and out at 3 Sunday. So It looks like I may miss Sunday, but I'll be there fri/sat

ChronoHawk on
    I am NOT Rider Miller!!!!

enforceruserbarsplitcro.png
    ach.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Character and map information has been updated.

Glad you'll be able to make it ChronoHawk. And welcome to all the newbies!

Hey, PoeticMadnesss. That a sweet hat. You'll have to tell me where you got it.

Trion on