As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Nintendo 3DS Thread: Resident Evil The Mercenaries 3D awarded "best box art" so far

• Options
    mntorankusumntorankusu I'm not sure how to use this thing.... Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    that golfpool game looks really cool!!

I didn't reserve any games and I don't imagine I'll have enough money on launch day to buy any, anyway, so it's nice to know I'll have something neat to play with.

mntorankusu on
  • Options
    MurchieMurchie Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Some new Splinter Cell screens from Famitsu.
    wpci5.jpg

yypxa.jpgjkXqW.jpg

5qDeo.jpg5KtF2.jpg

Not to gauge quality by graphical prowess, but that looks like a totally playable handheld Splinter Cell to me. Looks like the lighting/shadows are intact, which is sort of important in a game about sneakin and neck snappin.

Murchie on
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Murchie wrote: »
    wpci5.jpg

yypxa.jpgjkXqW.jpg

5qDeo.jpg5KtF2.jpg

Not to gauge quality by graphical prowess, but that looks like a totally playable handheld Splinter Cell to me. Looks like the lighting/shadows are intact, which is sort of important in a game about sneakin and neck snappin.

Those graphics look kinda not good for what the 3DS is capable of. Did the original Xbox version look that bad, cause the 3DS can do Xbox graphics no problem.

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Zerokku wrote: »
    Joeslop wrote: »
    I've never pre-ordered a system, and rarely pre-order games so I have a question!

if I put a pre-order for this in at Gamestop (assuming they even have any left) and put partial payments on until it launches but don't fully pay it off, what happens after it launches? Do they say "Hey give us the rest of the money for this thing or you can move the pre-order money to something else, or even just take it back!" or can I keep the pre-order money on it for a certain amount of time and pay the rest later, receiving the system after it's paid?

You can do the latter. Hell I've seen someone pick up a game they had preordered a year and a half after it was released.

On a possibly hot item like the 3DS? They'll give you 3 days to pick it up and then move down the preorder list to the next person. Your money will stay on file for a 3DS, and they may return to you when they get more, but there's no guarantee when that is.

No, they will not just sit on stock they can sell forever. Zero's friend was lucky or it was a title that wasn't selling.

But system orders are in the order of people who pre-ordered, not first come first serve? Because I was a bit worried about how cagy they were being when I asked them about how it worked. They only would say "everyone who preordered will get one" :?

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    V FactionV Faction Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    The AR games look fun. Hey, they're free on the system -- I'm not gonna knock free software.
    Same here, but you can still save a lot of money if you're just patient about the games you want to play instead of buying everything Day 1. Heck, oftentimes, you not only save money by waiting, but you get a better experience as well thanks to patches & mods.

Of course, this isn't true of Nintendo since they rarely drop prices unless the game bombs. Which explains why I've purchased very few Nintendo games recently - they make good stuff, but it's rarely as good as 2-3 other good games.
    Seems like a lost cause then, no matter which titles get put out.
    Not to nitpick, but Monster Hunter came out on the PS2 in 2004 in it's native japan, and Monster Hunter Freedom came out on the PSP in 2005. The PSP versions are alot better in my opinion, but they were not originally developed, or "home grown", for a portable platform. They are amazing ports of great home console games.

If Monster Hunter Freedom 3 comes out on the 3ds, I will be a very happy early adopter.

Then that is my honest mistake, and the only retort I can make is that they've been more successful on the handhelds (which is how I started following them). Looking at some sales figures, MH on PS2 sold 200,000+ units, while MHP and its successors have reached into the millions. Capcom found the chocolate to their peanut butter and have made it stick ever since.

That's what we as gamers are all looking forward to on the systems, in order to avoid PSP-itis of "Big Console Version; Little Handheld Version of the same game" (not counting the gods of war, metal gear solids, mario karts, and uncharteds of course). It may very well be the secret to success.

V Faction on
    Nintendo Network ID: V-Faction | XBL: V Faction | Steam | 3DS: 3136 - 6603 - 1330
    Pokemon White Friend Code: 0046-2121-0723/White 2 Friend Code: 0519-5126-2990
    "Did ya hear the one about the mussel that wanted to purchase Valve? Seems like the bivalve had a juicy offer on the table but the company flat-out refused and decided to immediately clam up!"
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Spoit wrote: »
    Zerokku wrote: »
    Joeslop wrote: »
    I've never pre-ordered a system, and rarely pre-order games so I have a question!

if I put a pre-order for this in at Gamestop (assuming they even have any left) and put partial payments on until it launches but don't fully pay it off, what happens after it launches? Do they say "Hey give us the rest of the money for this thing or you can move the pre-order money to something else, or even just take it back!" or can I keep the pre-order money on it for a certain amount of time and pay the rest later, receiving the system after it's paid?

You can do the latter. Hell I've seen someone pick up a game they had preordered a year and a half after it was released.

On a possibly hot item like the 3DS? They'll give you 3 days to pick it up and then move down the preorder list to the next person. Your money will stay on file for a 3DS, and they may return to you when they get more, but there's no guarantee when that is.

No, they will not just sit on stock they can sell forever. Zero's friend was lucky or it was a title that wasn't selling.

But system orders are in the order of people who pre-ordered, not first come first serve? Because I was a bit worried about how cagy they were being when I asked them about how it worked. They only would say "everyone who preordered will get one" :?

This is the one thing that makes me nervous about pre-ordering hardware. Every time I've heard about people who pre-ordered, say, a Wii or a 360 or whatever, there was a stock shortage and like 75% of the pre-orders went unfulfilled. I don't want to put money down on this and then not get it (as opposed to waiting in line a couple hours on launch day or something).

But I don't know.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    mntorankusumntorankusu I'm not sure how to use this thing.... Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    When I preordered, that's what they said too. I asked if I would get one on launch day if I preordered that day, and they said yes without hesitation.

I hope this is true, but I don't see how they would know that for sure unless they already know exactly how many they're getting in.

mntorankusu on
  • Options
    VerrVerr Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Not a single one of those launch titles interest me. I guess that saves me the trouble of spending that much money at launch.

Verr on
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Verr wrote: »
    Not a single one of those launch titles interest me. I guess that saves me the trouble of spending that much money at launch.

Honestly, I think I'm in the same boat.

I'll probably get them all at some point.

But I think I'll save my money for the big ones.

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    wpci5.jpg

yypxa.jpgjkXqW.jpg

5qDeo.jpg5KtF2.jpg

Those graphics look kinda not good for what the 3DS is capable of. Did the original Xbox version look that bad, cause the 3DS can do Xbox graphics no problem.

Here's a couple from IGN:
    dhz4H.jpg
    nNrE1.jpg

You have to be careful of which ones you take as canon from old screenshots, there are a ton of bullshots out there. If it has jaggies and some muddy textures, it's real.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    wpci5.jpg

yypxa.jpgjkXqW.jpg

5qDeo.jpg5KtF2.jpg

Here's a couple from IGN:
    dhz4H.jpg
    nNrE1.jpg

You have to be careful of which ones you take as canon from old screenshots, there are a ton of bullshots out there. If it has jaggies and some muddy textures, it's real.
    It looks like the lighthouse screenshot is from a pre-rendered cutscene, and the rest of the shots bleh around PSP level, just look at the character textures, and in the one choke picture look at the background textures.

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    On the PC, CT still looks pretty good. It's right at the sweet spot between devs using their time for high res textures vs covering everything up with shaders, so it got the best of both worlds.

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    It looks like the lighthouse screenshot is from a pre-rendered cutscene, and the rest of the shots bleh around PSP level, just look at the character textures, and in the one choke picture look at the background textures.

Yeah. It's weird how...intermediate it looks. PSP level, like you say.

Actually you can compare it to PSP here.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    edited February 2011

Yeah. It's weird how...intermediate it looks. PSP level, like you say.

Lazy launch window cash-in possibly? You know like Ridge Racer on every new system that launches? But the fact that the game they are using for it looks so much better on it's native format that is less powerful than this one is stupid, did they just underestimate it? The character textures in the choking picture and the one of Sam bending over the body look like a UE3 game before the textures and bump maps fully load.

The_Spaniard on
  • Options
    AutomaticzenAutomaticzen Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

I worked at Gamestop during the launch of the Wii. At that time, preorders were honored in the order they were taken. If you were preorder number 15, and the store got 14 consoles, you were SOL until another shipment came in or one of the first 14 customers missed picking up their unit within the time limit.

That's for consoles. Generally for games, a store receives a certain number of copies over what they preordered. (I want to say double the preorder numbers for smaller titles)

I doubt the stores already know exactly how many units they're getting, and you can be assured it'll probably be less than the number of preorders they have. Especially with Nintendo launching worldwide.

I have it preordered at Gamestop and on Amazon personally.

Automaticzen on
    http://www.usgamer.net/
    http://www.gamesindustry.biz/
    I write about video games and stuff. It is fun. Sometimes.
  • Options
    HyperAquaBlastHyperAquaBlast Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    So I am thinking of using Amazons trade-in offer for my DSi XL which is $100. Thing is nothing on the 3DS launch interests me and I do like my XL size but damn is screen pixel huge.

Decisions decisions...

HyperAquaBlast on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Some quotes from the Famitsu reviews:
    - Super Street Fighter IV (9/8/8/9, 34 points): "The way you can use the touch screen to launch even charge moves in an instant is actually kind of revolutionary for the series, a change that I think could lead to some neat new tactics. Despite that, the controls can still be very difficult at times, even with the ability to redefine buttons. Whether you're able to overlook that will define your overall the opinion of the game."

- Dynasty Warriors 3DS (9/9/8/8, 34 points): "Nothing has changed much in the DW formula, but switching between characters while shouting out orders to your side gives this game a new sort of real-time strategy feel. Going 3D makes it easier to gauge positioning between yourself and enemies, which makes the game easier overall."

- Nintendogs + Cats (10/9/9/10, 38 points): "The sheer fuzziness factor on all the pets is too cute. Watching them totter around in 3D is so calming, and the act of petting them has much more of a you-are-there feel to it. Keeping a dog and cat together gives you a huge number of must-see moments, and the ability to interact quickly and easily with other pet owners is great...The play style hasn't changed much from the old game, but Nintendogs + Cats still has plenty of new surprises," one of them wrote in this week's new issue. "The 'cute' level of the puppies and kittens has really shot up from the first one, and just watching their expressions and mannerisms is a great stress relief."

- Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle (8/8/8/8, 32 points): "The simple interface and screen setup is similar to the rest of the series and put together very well. The animated parts are in 3D and there are a variety of new features and game gimmicks, but the play style hasn't changed much. It's a natural progression for the series, 3D support included."

- Super Monkey Ball 3DS (9/8/8/7, 32 points): "Having three different games to enjoy is great, although the Monkey Fight and Race bits are rehashes of other titles and not all that exciting. The core Monkey Ball game, though, uses 3D in a variety of gimmicks and traps to make the whole experience a lot more impactful and exciting. It's simple to learn and highly addictive."

- Ridge Racer 3D (8/8/7/9, 32 points): "The courses are full of floaty jumps and other gimmicks to get you inside the game more. Racing across them is pretty fun, and the drifting (which tends to throw off beginners in other games) is simple to pull off. The rival cars you race in Grand Prix mode and so on are pretty tough, though, and I wonder if the game's still too hard overall. A difficulty selection would have been nice...Ridge Racer 3D brings you back to the Ridge of a simpler time -- which sounds like a slam, but it's true. From the competition to the drifting, it encapsulates what makes racing games fun really well."

And first shots of the graffiti mode and Star Viewer:

Grafitti.jpg

Star-Viewer.jpg

UncleSporky on
  • Options
    DaveTheWaveDaveTheWave Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    V Faction wrote: »
    The AR games look fun. Hey, they're free on the system -- I'm not gonna knock free software.
    Same here, but you can still save a lot of money if you're just patient about the games you want to play instead of buying everything Day 1. Heck, oftentimes, you not only save money by waiting, but you get a better experience as well thanks to patches & mods.

Of course, this isn't true of Nintendo since they rarely drop prices unless the game bombs. Which explains why I've purchased very few Nintendo games recently - they make good stuff, but it's rarely as good as 2-3 other good games.
    Seems like a lost cause then, no matter which titles get put out.
    Not to nitpick, but Monster Hunter came out on the PS2 in 2004 in it's native japan, and Monster Hunter Freedom came out on the PSP in 2005. The PSP versions are alot better in my opinion, but they were not originally developed, or "home grown", for a portable platform. They are amazing ports of great home console games.

If Monster Hunter Freedom 3 comes out on the 3ds, I will be a very happy early adopter.

Then that is my honest mistake, and the only retort I can make is that they've been more successful on the handhelds (which is how I started following them). Looking at some sales figures, MH on PS2 sold 200,000+ units, while MHP and its successors have reached into the millions. Capcom found the chocolate to their peanut butter and have made it stick ever since.

That's what we as gamers are all looking forward to on the systems, in order to avoid PSP-itis of "Big Console Version; Little Handheld Version of the same game" (not counting the gods of war, metal gear solids, mario karts, and uncharteds of course). It may very well be the secret to success.

Don't forget Tri is also a multi-million seller and it's not portable. I'm not arguing about the popularity of the portable entries but the series is now popular regardless of the platform it appears on. I really hope that a new one comes out for 3DS though. Not a PSP port.

DaveTheWave on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Serule wrote: »
    But you say:

Which makes it sound as though you would rather have 2-3 'B' games than one 'A' game, and that I cannot agree with.

Last year, I got Civilization V, Mass Effect 2, and Super Meat Boy, all worthy Game of the Year contenders, for a combined price of $50.

If Nintendo dropped the price of their popular games 6-12 months after release like pretty much everybody else, I would buy a lot more of their games. I still like their games, just not $40-$50 like them.

RainbowDespair on
  • Options
    LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    So the news about FF3 DS being ported to the iPhone, combined with a news report I saw somewhere also about FFT: War of the Lions eventually being prepped from its in-limbo iPhone release for a PSN release, makes me wonder if S-E would actually begin propagating the 3DS store if it takes off. I don't see it leveraging 3D in any way, but strictly from a VC standpoint I'd love to see more back-catalog stuff go up, and S-E is no stranger to showering all available platforms with some kind of software. (My Life as a King is still one of my most-played WiiWare games.)

I haven't been paying too much attention to e-shop news, but has there been news about a 3DS equivalent of DSiWare, as in 3DS-exclusive content that's not VC stuff?

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Yes, 3DSWare

Brainiac 8 on
    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    edited February 2011

I worked at Gamestop during the launch of the Wii. At that time, preorders were honored in the order they were taken. If you were preorder number 15, and the store got 14 consoles, you were SOL until another shipment came in or one of the first 14 customers missed picking up their unit within the time limit.

That's for consoles. Generally for games, a store receives a certain number of copies over what they preordered. (I want to say double the preorder numbers for smaller titles)

I doubt the stores already know exactly how many units they're getting, and you can be assured it'll probably be less than the number of preorders they have. Especially with Nintendo launching worldwide.

I have it preordered at Gamestop and on Amazon personally.

Oh I did, but the fact that amazon is still offering the 3DS preorders even now doesn't fill me with confidence either. I just hope I didn't screw myself out of my place in line by waffling a couple weeks to change colors.

EDIT: Yep, I sooo screwed myself over by doing that. They canceled it and placed another order :(

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JaveJave Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Lunker wrote: »
    I haven't been paying too much attention to e-shop news, but has there been news about a 3DS equivalent of DSiWare, as in 3DS-exclusive content that's not VC stuff?
    To my knowledge, there are going to be four types of downloadable titles:

DSiWare: The same store from the DSi systems. Will probably stop updating once the DSi ceases production.

3DSWare: New, exclusive games for the 3DS. Will use the new features of the 3DS such as 3D effects, AR, and the like.

Virtual Console: GB and GBC games as they were originally released. GBA hasn't been confirmed yet.

3D Classics: Games from previous Nintendo consoles (NES and SNES have been confirmed) with added 3D effects and widescreen format. (I'm actually really hyped for this one.)

Jave on
    My Let's Play - Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Updated July 29, 2011!)
    (I appreciate all feedback, so take a few minutes to check it out)

Pokemon White: 5371-9705-4895
    3DS Friend Code: 2105-8646-1262
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Australian line-up announced.
    For the full list of games launching alongside the Nintendo 3DS on March 31, check out the list below:
    Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition
    Nintendogs + Cats: French Bulldog & New Friends
    Nintendogs + Cats: Golden Retriever & New Friends
    Nintendogs + Cats: Toy Poodle & New Friends
    Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 3D
    Ridge Racer 3D
    LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars
    Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell 3D
    Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars
    Raving Rabbids: Travel in Time
    Rayman 3D
    Asphalt 3D Nitro Racing
    Combat of Giants: Dinosaurs 3D

[UPDATE] Ubisoft has since confirmed that all of its games mentioned above will be available on March 31.

Oh thank christ, when I checked this on my lunch break the update about Ubisoft hadn't been put up and it looked like most of Ubi's games weren't arriving on launch.

Still, no Steel Diver or Pilotwings on launch, if this list is to be believed :?

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Thats too bad that Aussie's won't be getting Steel Diver or Pilotwings. I kind of have to wonder why as I couldn't see there being a need to make the game that different from US and European versions of the game. There are some other odd little differences between the US and Australian launch lineups too. The US list has The Sims 3, Super Monkey Ball 3D, and Bust-A-Move Universe unlike the Australian one, but they get an extra Splinter Cell game and a Raving Rabbids game as well.

Not that Bust-A-Move is something that will be severely missed or anything and I have to imagine that The Sims 3 is a much better experience on the PC anyway. EA certainly isn't putting forth much of an effort so far between porting The Sims and cancelling another game.

Rehab on
    NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    The petty part of me is thinking Nintendo went "Oh shit, we're supposed to delay the hell out of our first party games in Australia" (Epic Yarn just came out today) but in reality my only guess is that they're playing it safe.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Got a text from Gamestation yesterday - they've dropped the price by £10 :D

Good to see that competition is still alive.

Rhesus Positive on
    [Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I just hope that region locking gets cracked open before the new Etrian Odyssey comes out so I can import that shit. Out of the last 3 games, only the first got a PAL release. How shit is that.

Lorahalo on
    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    CygnusZCygnusZ Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    I just hope that region locking gets cracked open before the new Etrian Odyssey comes out so I can import that shit. Out of the last 3 games, only the first got a PAL release. How shit is that.

Why don't you just buy a DS for whatever region's games you want to play?

CygnusZ on
  • Options
    Rex DartRex Dart Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Jave wrote: »
    Lunker wrote: »
    To my knowledge, there are going to be four types of downloadable titles:

DSiWare: The same store from the DSi systems. Will probably stop updating once the DSi ceases production.

3DSWare: New, exclusive games for the 3DS. Will use the new features of the 3DS such as 3D effects, AR, and the like.

Virtual Console: GB and GBC games as they were originally released. GBA hasn't been confirmed yet.

3D Classics: Games from previous Nintendo consoles (NES and SNES have been confirmed) with added 3D effects and widescreen format. (I'm actually really hyped for this one.)

Wow, the 3D Classics are going to be downloadable? Is that tconfirmed? I got the impression that they were going to be like the NES classics series on the GBA. I'd honestly be okay with either.

Rex Dart on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    http://www.gamespot.com/news/6295026.html
    The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time isn't the only old game getting a 3D overhaul for Nintendo's new handheld. In an investor presentation today, company president Satoru Iwata revealed that Nintendo has a new 3D Classics line that it will make available through the system's eShop online storefront.

The downloadable titles will be given "a new 3D look," according to Iwata. He did not mention any specific games that would be included in the line.

Unfortunately, early adopters of the 3DS will need to wait some time before they can get their hands on the 3D Classics, or any downloadable titles, for that matter. Iwata said that the eShop and related features like the system's Web browser and DSi game transfers won't launch until Nintendo releases the first system update for the 3DS in late May.

UncleSporky on
  • Options
    BiopticBioptic Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    CygnusZ wrote: »
    Lorahalo wrote: »

Why don't you just buy a DS for whatever region's games you want to play?

You lose the warranty (or at best make it extremely hard to claim for) on a $250 system in it's first iteration, you have to import every single game you want to play and are at the mercy of international post, and you have to deal with VAT on everything (a 20% extra tax that must either be paid at source, which most importers don't offer, or else your package is sometimes seized by the postal system until you drive to a far-away depot to pay and collect it).

I thought about going down that route, but it's genuinely too much of a hassle unless you think the majority of games you want to play won't be released in your region. Fucking hacks me off, though - I'd have either missed out entirely on, or had to wait over a year for, some of my favourite games on the DS if it had region locking.

Bioptic on
  • Options
    JintorJintor Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Uhhhhhhhhh why does Nintendo of Australia suck so mucccccch

Jintor on
  • Options
    SeolSeol Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    The petty part of me is thinking Nintendo went "Oh shit, we're supposed to delay the hell out of our first party games in Australia" (Epic Yarn just came out today) but in reality my only guess is that they're playing it safe.
    That's not Australia per se, it's PAL: Kirby's only out here in the UK tomorrow.

I hope that the Australia lineup isn't the PAL lineup full stop, then. I want Pilotwings!

Not that I'm buying at launch. That's the week before my final project demonstrations....

Seol on
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Seol wrote: »
    That's not Australia per se, it's PAL: Kirby's only out here in the UK tomorrow.

I hope that the Australia lineup isn't the PAL lineup full stop, then. I want Pilotwings!

Not that I'm buying at launch. That's the week before my final project demonstrations....

The European 3DS launch titles were announced a while ago. Pilotwings is among them.

Peewi on
  • Options
    SeolSeol Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Peewi wrote: »
    First among equals, indeed.

Seol on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Am I the only one that thinks the classics in 3D idea is neat. I mean, what if this is why we haven't gotten Yoshi's Island for the VC yet...that game would be awesome in 3D.

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I would be tempted into purchasing a version of Super Metroid IN 3D, but I doubt it'll happen.

More importantly, I really expect a version of Dragon Quest V to be released on the 3DSWare at some point - it'd be stupid not to. They a) took a long time to bring it over, and b) managed to under-print it.

Now they can make up for both.

Tamin on
  • Options
    angrylinuxgeekangrylinuxgeek Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'll probably pick up a 3DS after the hardware revision. But in the meantime, I'm gonna need a second DS to import Pokemon over to B/W (yes I know, first world problems etc.)

Do ya'll think the prices on DSi/DS Lite will go down after 3DS releases?

angrylinuxgeek on
    sQwJu.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I'll probably pick up a 3DS after the hardware revision. But in the meantime, I'm gonna need a second DS to import Pokemon over to B/W (yes I know, first world problems etc.)

Do ya'll think the prices on DSi/DS Lite will go down after 3DS releases?

I'm thinking they probably will, at least it's what Nintendo's done in the past. It gets people to continue to buy the old product while selling out of the new.

Oh, and a 3D Super Metroid, yes please!

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!