As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

King of [chat]

MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
edited February 2011 in Debate and/or Discourse
Radiohead's new album The King of Limbs is out. You should get it if you like things that are good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BulmeLYH6xY

This is a song on that album. It is very good. I really like Radiohead. Also short sentences.

MikeMan on

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited February 2011
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    With a grunt, The Brute drops to his knees. His face twists with pain as he feels his knees go out from under him. Dazed with the pain he doesn't move for a moment.
    Staggered and Stunned. He spends his turn howling in pain.

FUCK YES

Elldren! Finish him!

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    FINISH HIM

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q97c5szTgIA

can't stop dancing to this

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Radiohead chat? Mikeman what are you an el poster now?

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I love my synthesizer.

She is such a capable synthesizer.

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    With a grunt, The Brute drops to his knees. His face twists with pain as he feels his knees go out from under him. Dazed with the pain he doesn't move for a moment.

FUCK YES

Elldren! Finish him!

I was gonna quote you and say "It's super effective!". But the dice favored you. After 2 18s, I finally rolled a 2.

Thomamelas on
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    wargl bargl my instructor believes in Emotional Intelligence and is making us write an essay on it

rabble rabble rabble

Pony on
  • KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    http://tosh.comedycentral.com/video-clips/spoiler-alert---tiptoes---uncut

This is apparently what I'm going to watch for the next 45 minutes.

Something about hearing this man describe this movie is mesmerizing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukRdEVthmWM

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
    edited February 2011
    I love my gun.

She is such a capable gun.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
    edited February 2011
    Actually it's mostly annoying me

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    i love my cock

she is such a capable cock

MikeMan on
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Oh man have you ever had a complete emotional breakdown like so bad that you seriously consider calling 911 and you're just losing your mind and then you calm down and you actually feel much better like you took an enormous shit!

edited February 2011
    Oh man have you ever had a complete emotional breakdown like so bad that you seriously consider calling 911 and you're just losing your mind and then you calm down and you actually feel much better like you took an enormous shit!

science calls this a "rage-dump"

Pony on
    edited February 2011
    I mean, a movie where Gary Oldman plays a little person and his first scene is him getting busted for pissing on the side of the road.

Welp.

Kagera on
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited February 2011

FUCK YES

Elldren! Finish him!

I was gonna quote you and say "It's super effective!". But the dice favored you. After 2 18s, I finally rolled a 2.

Thank god!

or #critical, one of the two.

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
    edited February 2011

no

I've had an emotional breakdown that led to another worse breakdown because I didn't want to become a person that had emotional breakdowns

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

Radiohead? Pfft

voice of a generation!

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    MikeMan wrote: »
    i love my cock

'tis not what I have heard, from reputable sources

care to offer a falsification?

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    i love my superhero

she is such a cape-able superhero

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Pony wrote: »
    wargl bargl my instructor believes in Emotional Intelligence and is making us write an essay on it

rabble rabble rabble

Write an essay detailing your criticisms.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
    edited February 2011
    my gun is able to get so cold it'll tear the skin of your fingers, make bullets fly out of it in generally the direction you want it to go, snap off part of your fingers due to moods and collect dirt in insanely hard-to-reach places

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011

When my depression hits rock bottom, I usually feel MUCH better than normal the next day.

It's like a mini-bipolar episode.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

edited February 2011
    Feral wrote: »
    Pony wrote: »

rabble rabble rabble

Write an essay detailing your criticisms.

s'what i intend to do

i might get zero'd on it but i don't give a shit

keep your pop psych outta my cop school

Pony on
    edited February 2011
    Podly wrote: »
    MikeMan wrote: »
    i love my cock

'tis not what I have heard, from reputable sources

care to offer a falsification?
    baby i'll falsify you all night long

MikeMan on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I like how Oldman playing a midget is the role of a lifetime. Also sorry I can't buy matthew mcconadouche banging kate beckinsale, I just can't.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Listened to that radiohead song for like a minute

Heard no hook

at all

I was hookless

Got bored.

Ludious on
    edited February 2011
    Emotional Intelligence isn't real?

I am FLUMMOXED!

Kagera on
    edited February 2011
    Ludious wrote: »
    Listened to that radiohead song for like a minute

Heard no hook

at all

I was hookless

Got bored.
    if you're expecting a hook i guess new radiohead is not for you

it's more subtle than that

MikeMan on
    edited February 2011
    a myers-briggs personality test?

instructor i am disappoint

Pony on
  • YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    This chat is shallow and predictable. Like sex from Mikeman.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

FUCK YES

Elldren! Finish him!

Thank god!

or #critical, one of the two.

Well Critical in this case. God doesn't play with dice.

Thomamelas on
    edited February 2011
    Kagera wrote: »

I am FLUMMOXED!

It's a real thing, but the framework & terminology used to study & describe it are lacking in rigor.

Feral on

• DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2011
    hmmm, malwarebytes has found a suspicious object on my work computer...probably the result of my retardedly clicking on a link in a spam message the other day. First time I ever fell for something like that. I guess I'm getting old and gullible.

Dynagrip on
    edited February 2011
    did you know that the red-dot sight we got costs more than the HK416 itself? I didn't!

I think that's pretty crazy. Out of a pure size equals value standpoint.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Are there any web search engines that search for special characters?

Like, I saw some code-related example that used "%%value" earlier, but of course searching for "%%value" in google just searches for "value" which is utterly useless to me.

mrflippy on
    edited February 2011
    Preacher wrote: »
    I like how Oldman playing a midget is the role of a lifetime. Also sorry I can't buy matthew mcconadouche banging kate beckinsale, I just can't.

First scene apparently is Mcconahey telling Becks he's going somewhere and she casually offers to blow him before he leaves.

And.He.Refuses.

ONLY IN MOVIES PEOPLE.

Also apparently David Allen Greer is in this as a famous singer performing at a little person convention.

This movie sounds like The Room with legit actors.

Kagera on
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Posting from my phone while waiting for the next class to teach.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
    edited February 2011
    Feral wrote: »
    Kagera wrote: »

I am FLUMMOXED!

It's a real thing, but the framework & terminology used to study & describe it are lacking in rigor.

emotional intelligence is pop psych

pop psych can have real science and concepts behind it but it lacks rigor and proper analysis

it can be developed into real science but it's one of those things i feel doesn't belong in a classroom

especially not in police foundations

Pony on
    edited February 2011
    Someone come over and get dinner with me tonight. My dad is having guests over and I can't fucking stand it how he goes from being a sour, abusive piece of shit to a charming, laughing, happy host. So I need to be out of the house. :(

edited February 2011
    Man, M&M is such a good game. I was just thinking about how clever it is that, for instance, blasts (ranged attacks) cost twice as much as strikes (melee attacks) so if you have your powers together in an array, your melee will always be at a higher rank and do more cool things (penetrating damage, etc.); consequently, even if you're Blasty McBlasterton, there is a natural incentive built into the game to get in there sometimes and mix it up when shit gets real.

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
This discussion has been closed.