As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Let's Talk About ... Penny Arcade: The Series, Season 1 DVD Set

1234568»

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    so what's the joke that Erika told

YaYa on
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    YaYa wrote: »
    so what's the joke that Erika told

There is as yet insufficient data for a meaningful answer.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    It's probably not as bad as half the shit we've come up with.

I Win Swordfights on
    lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    LagnarLagnar Halifax, Nova scotiaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Oh man, I didn't know that there was more "Kurtz Chronicles" after the first disc. Awesome stuff! Watching the rest of these now.

Lagnar on
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    In the process of trying to determine what the hell you are all talking about, I happened to notice the "celery" smell is a lot stronger now.

Fascinating.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    doublehawk00doublehawk00 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    on the point of celery DVDs, when Mega64 put out a scented DVD (like, scratch 'n' sniff) meant to smell like cinnamon rolls, after a while it just smelled like celery

every DVD of theirs I have bought since then has smelt like celery, without them having paid to have the DVDs scented

I'm convinced that somewhere, some DVD factory exists that is now only capable of outputting celery scented DVDs

doublehawk00 on
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I think its just the adhesive or plastic that's causing the smell, but I didn't expect it to be stronger.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    Cannon GooseCannon Goose I need some GAGS! If only I had my gag book!Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Mine arrived today! Now to wait until Christmas...

Edit: Huh, turns out it hasn't showed up yet and I just misheard my dad on the phone. Dammit!

Cannon Goose on
  • Options
    delphinusdelphinus Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Mine came in the mail today and im super happy about it, but my first disc came in scratched as fuck.

What do I do next?
    Can I get it replaced?

delphinus on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited December 2010
    Absolutely, contact merch@penny-arcade.com

Tube on
  • Options
    Cannon GooseCannon Goose I need some GAGS! If only I had my gag book!Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Sorry for being a bit anxious (I've never ordered anything from America before), but I would like to know if there are any other Australian customers who have not received their DVDs yet. It has been almost a month (20 business days) since I got the shipping email with the USPS tracking info in it and the status of the order still says 'Electronic Shipping Info Received'.

Should I just be patient and keep waiting, or should I shoot USPS an email to see what's up?

Cannon Goose on
  • Options
    Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited December 2010
    The big issue is customs, which is sort of a black box in terms of stuff getting through. We've had orders pass through in a few days and others that were literally identical get stuck for a few weeks. If you continue to have issues, please let merch@penny-arcade.com know and we'll try our best to help on our side with whatever tracking info we've got.

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Finally watched some of this. Amazing stuff as usual. I like how 2pp called robert to replace their commentary because theirs sucked.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Aha! It showed up today :)

I had to walk through the sweltering Australian Summer to the post office to get it, but it's here! A couple of the disks were loose but there are no scratches. I checked them all and they seem to work absolutely fine.

Now to put it away for Christmas.

Cannon Goose on
  • Options
    GreyFoxGreyFox Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I got my DVD set a while ago, but I've been so busy with school that I haven't had time to post about it until now... Everything was pretty friggin' pristine, I guess I was more fortunate than some of the others here (loose discs, broken holders). There's a little smudge below one of the signatures, but otherwise it's great. Here's a pic (sorry for the flash spot, it had the most clarity of the photos I took):
    tumblr_ldif93cT3t1qagcryo1_500.jpg

I didn't notice anybody else mentioning a dick doodle on their's, so I'm feeling pretty smug about that. Unless I'm mistaken and that's just a very stylized signature.

GreyFox on
    %20Greyfoxtwin.jpg
  • Options
    IvarIvar Oslo, NorwayRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Signed, Dick Hardwood

Ivar on
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    looks more like dick semiwood

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    fettsvett201fettsvett201 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Know this is basically dead, but loved the dvd. The scott chronicles are great.

fettsvett201 on