As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX Forumer Seattle Get Togethers- Fall/Winter Edition :

• Options
    SpawnOfCthulhuSpawnOfCthulhu Also that Snifit guy. Gig Harbor, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Mirrodin Besieged pre-release on January 29th in the Rainer and Olympic rooms at the Seattle Center (Right next to key arena)
    It'll be a great opportunity to play with the new set, get some awesome schwag, hang out with awesome people, and get not-yet-released cards!

I'll be there as a floor judge from 2:30-11:30 pm, and I'll be playing pretty much all day before that. So c'mon, show up, play some Magic, and bug the hell out of me while I'm trying to work!

SpawnOfCthulhu on
    Wx8ay.png
  • Options
    CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Wednesday is another board game night. This week we'll be at Cafe Vita, 1005 E Pike St. We'll be there at 8. We had a good turnout last week. Lets get another one. Feel free to bring a couple games with you, but don't feel obligated. We always have some.

Here's the facebook event.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • Options
    TwinkieTwinkie Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Our beloved Dick's is turning 57! Article here.

There will be 2-for-1 cheeseburgers tomorrow and 10-Cent Cokes this Friday.

Commence Operation: SWARM.

Twinkie on
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Twinkie wrote: »
    Our beloved Dick's is turning 57! Article here.

There will be 2-for-1 cheeseburgers tomorrow and 10-Cent Cokes this Friday.

Commence Operation: SWARM.

Oh shit.. I know what I am eating tomorrow.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    Oz K. FodrotskiOz K. Fodrotski Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    My work schedule needs to stop licking balls so I can go to board game night.

Not to speak of homework, you know, important stuff.

Oz K. Fodrotski on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Theres *one* seat left for PDXLAN in feb at our table if anybody wants to get in before its gone.

BigRed on
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'll be at the Queen Anne Dicks around noon today, if anyone wants to om nom a burger.

Houn on
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Update: Dick's free burgers are from 2-6 only. Due to this horrific and outrageous crime against humanity, I will not be eating there today. Or perhaps any other day. Fuckin' cheapskates.

(Seriously, who charges for ketchup?)

Houn on
  • Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Jonathan Coulton is playing in Seattle on February 20th for those interested/not going to PAX East. I don't know if I'll be going (prices look steep and I don't even see normal tickets on there yet) but I figure you all should know.

http://www.thetripledoor.net/Calendar/event-ticket-options.aspx?eventNodeID=4693&performanceID=2072

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I just realized that we now know the perfect weekend for a party or perhaps a haethaus lan party. May 6-8. The week Duke Nukem Forever comes out. After over a decade it must be good... Right?

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I cant have any more LANs until I work around the Tax problem with internet payment system in 2011.

Luckily I am going to have a bunch of free time coming up soon after East due to unemployment so I will work on it then.

BigRed on
  • Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I agree with Cronus. My next LAN (after the one next weekend) will probably be when DNF comes out, and probably going to be mostly that, Mortal Kombat, and Bulletstorm.

Also, DNF will be good. Maybe not as great as the world expects it to be, but still good.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    BigRed wrote: »
    I cant have any more LANs until I work around the Tax problem with internet payment system in 2011.

Luckily I am going to have a bunch of free time coming up soon after East due to unemployment so I will work on it then.

One quick suggestion: Doesn't that depend on the number of payments you receive? If so then why don't you make it so that if you've gone before, i.e. you know them well enough, then let them pay in person. That would dramatically reduce the amount of payments you get online. It does create more work the day of as you need to collect money that day, but it may be worth it.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Past events ive done, even with the people who were regulars... people are more apt to cancel last minute if they don't have anything invested in it. Plus its a huge $$ commitment for me to buy everything in advance in the hopes the LAN sellls out. Easier to buy supplies for the LAN when I know how many people are showing up.

I am just going to do it the right way and get a nonprofit setup for the LAN.

BigRed on
  • Options
    proXimityproXimity Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So Balagan Theater is doing Dr. Horrible again, this time at the ACT Theater, January 28 - February 12. I saw it back during their first run before Prime, and it was fantastic. http://www.acttheatre.org/Shows/OnStage/DrHorriblesSingAlongBlog

proXimity on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    HeleorHeleor SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The show really is amazing, and tickets are selling out fast. I and a group of people are going on the 6th of February night.

Heleor on
  • Options
    proXimityproXimity Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Heleor wrote: »
    The show really is amazing, and tickets are selling out fast. I and a group of people are going on the 6th of February night.

I'm really not surprised at all that you're going ;)

proXimity on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Anybody going to / volunteering for ECCC? I'm going to try my hand at volunteering for at least a day.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    Aidan_Aidan_ Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I finally decided to get my pass, after a) it was clear I couldn't afford PAX East and b) I saw the panel line-up. The anthropology of Firefly? Be still, my geeky academic heart.

Aidan_ on
    Do what now?

"I aim to misbehave."
    - Capt. Mal Reynolds
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited January 2011
    So, I'm going to be snatching up furniture next Saturday. Some from Ikea and whatever I can snatch up off craigslist. I am in need of some extra hands. Most crucial is the chair I will be picking in Kirkland up at 10am on Saturday morning (I'm picking up the Uhaul at 9). It is my first stop (my apt is in Kirkland, as is the Uhaul place), and I'm told it takes two to move the chair. The guy I'm buying it from isn't going to be there, only his fiancee, who I'm not expecting to help with the heavy lifting.

So, if anybody can help out, I will provide pizza and good times.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited January 2011
    In other news, the Presidents of the United States of America are playing the weekend of Feb 18. It's $20. Who wants to go, because I know I do?

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    QuickSnapQuickSnap Professional Beard Grower Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    In other news, the Presidents of the United States of America are playing the weekend of Feb 18. It's $20. Who wants to go, because I know I do?

That sounds like fun actually. I could probably swing that. Count me in.

QuickSnap on
    6rceun58332p.png
  • Options
    Aidan_Aidan_ Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I believe that's within my abilities, yes.

Aidan_ on
    Do what now?

"I aim to misbehave."
    - Capt. Mal Reynolds
  • Options
    edited February 2011

That's definitely something I'd be up for. Is it General Admission or do we need to buy tickets together?

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I think it's general admission ($20). Ticket sales open tomorrow, so we should probably pick a day (I vote Saturday) and buy them as soon as we can.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited February 2011
    So Anamanaguchi is playing at Studio Seven on April 1st, advance tickets are only $10. I'm there, anybody else down?

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I think it's general admission ($20). Ticket sales open tomorrow, so we should probably pick a day (I vote Saturday) and buy them as soon as we can.

I almost forgot about this. I'm still up for it. Saturday works for me too. Have you bought your ticket yet Moe, and is anyone else going?

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    DIMD is going. I'm going to get my ticket either tonight or tomorrow.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited February 2011
    I may as well post this here: Free pizza and booze if you help me sew a bunch of stuff this weekend. Experience holding a needle or with a sewing machine preferred. We already have someone useless to tell us stories. ;)

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=197447493615376

Heleor on
  • Options
    SpawnOfCthulhuSpawnOfCthulhu Also that Snifit guy. Gig Harbor, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    If you like Dead Gentlemen Productions (makers of the Journeyquest and Gamers series) you should definitely stop by the Tacoma Little Theater on Saturday.
    They're doing a full screening of Journeyquest season 1, and a q&a.
    Best part is, it's free! They're asking for donations though, and I would highly recommend doing it, ad they're all awesome.
    More info here:
    http://www.tacomalittletheatre.com/

SpawnOfCthulhu on
    Wx8ay.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    DIMD is going. I'm going to get my ticket either tonight or tomorrow.

So apparently tickets are already sold out for Saturday and there doesn't seem to be as much interest for the other days, so I guess this is off, unless people want to spend a fortune getting scalped tickets. Guess we'll have to try again next time.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited February 2011
    Short-notice Drunk Game Night tomorrow night. I feel like playing Catan, but feel free to bring other games. I have a stocked bar, but please bring alcohol as well. :)

PM me for info, or RSVP to Facebook.
    http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=145111555550024

Rule 1: No fight club.
    Rule 2: Know your limits.

Heleor on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    This is tonight!
    http://bootiemashup.com/seattle/

Who else is going? :D

BigRed on
  • Options
    NullthreadNullthread Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    This is tonight!
    http://bootiemashup.com/seattle/

Who else is going? :D
    I was going to go to that but...might do board games instead. Calm, perhaps drunken, evening would be a nice way to start my nerdy weekend.

Nullthread on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Paul & Storm are performing at The Triple Door on March 23rd.
    http://www.paulandstorm.com/archives/seattle-wa-the-triple-door-3/

I'm going to attempt to go, anybody else interested?

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    ScootsScoots HandHeld Lounge Manager SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'm going to try to go since paul and storm are always super fun and it'd be nice to see hank green again too.

Scoots on
  • Options
    RedwingedblackbirdRedwingedblackbird Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I looked for a thread about this, but couldn't find one in the sea of PAX East threads... So I figured I'd start one. I'd like to get some people together for a gaming meet up in Seattle before I go to Japan for a couple months at the end of April/Early May. The last time I did this, we got some people together and played tabletop games in the Sheraton Lobby (where I was staying) for most of the day and night... which worked out fine. So I'd like to start with that idea again, since it worked before and, is also close to gameoworks, the Hard Rock, and a other downtown attractions. I personally can bring Axis & Allies, Battlestar Galactica, and Chrononaughts. Console gaming would be nice to have too... which we could do in the my hotel room, but I'm not certain we could connect an xbox for example to the TV, since many hotels rig their sets to prevent that. There is also gameworks is right across the street... This would likely be on a Saturday... maybe even both Friday night & Saturday if we felt froggy. The earliest date I was looking at doing this is the 25th/26th... So anyone interested, post ideas, hit me up, and hopefully we can get this rolling!

Redwingedblackbird on
  • Options
    emimonsteremimonster Silicon ValleyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Paul & Storm are performing at The Triple Door on March 23rd.
    http://www.paulandstorm.com/archives...triple-door-3/

Of course that's when mother is in town.

I wish I had known about this thread earlier...

emimonster on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Just a heads up, this thread will expire on the 20th when winter does.
    I will create the Spring/summer one this weekend :D

BigRed on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Just a heads up, this thread will expire on the 20th when winter does.
    I will create the Spring/summer one this weekend :D

:P

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
This discussion has been closed.