As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Miniwargaming

• Sam ButlerSam Butler Minis coordinator Pax East, Minis Dept manager, Hobby Dept manager Pax Unplugged BostonRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011

Is there a cost for Reg or is this a free tournament?

Free

Sam Butler on
  • Sam ButlerSam Butler Minis coordinator Pax East, Minis Dept manager, Hobby Dept manager Pax Unplugged BostonRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Evolute wrote: »
    Any chance of a Flames of War Mid-War or Late-War Tournament? <hands clasped in prayer>

Not this year, but maybe next year.

Sam Butler on
  • ZakkyZakky Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    This is our first PAX and we are psyched. Was wondering if there will be a room for Warmachine/Hordes?

Thanks!

Zakky on
  • DragonPupDragonPup Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Yup. See the miniwargaming thread.

DragonPup on
    "I was there, I was there, the day Horus slew the Emperor." -Cpt Garviel Loken

Currently painting: Slowly [flickr]
  • FamedPunnisherFamedPunnisher Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Sam Butler wrote: »
    Space for Tournaments remaining.

Warhammer fantasy (16/16)
    Warmachine (13/16)
    Warhammer 40k (16/16)

I'm Registered YES!

FamedPunnisher on
    "Dude hanging out with me is like having a gun in your glove box no one f***s with you."- James White

"What the f*** do you know about Trouble shooting?!" - Paul Runko, Jr.
  • General PengwinGeneral Pengwin The Last of a Dying Fanbase Long IslandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I have had a mild interest in Warmachines as well, does anybody know what booth they'll be at?

General Pengwin on
    steam_sig.png
    edited February 2011
    Time is running out (heh) a little over two weeks to go til PAX. Preregister for guaranteed entry into tournaments.

Sam Butler on
  • ptemplarcrishptemplarcrish Registered User new member
    edited February 2011
    I have had a mild interest in Warmachines as well, does anybody know what booth they'll be at?

Sadly, Privateer Press will not have a booth.

Also, to pre-cover any and all questions/comments about them being at PAX Prime...they're based out of Seattle.

'nuff said

ptemplarcrish on
    edited February 2011

Sadly, Privateer Press will not have a booth.

Also, to pre-cover any and all questions/comments about them being at PAX Prime...they're based out of Seattle.

'nuff said

That said I am aware that several vendors will have PP stuff with them, and there will be WM/H demos available in the Miniwargaming area.

Sam Butler on
  • ZeeZee Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I intend to be there with copious Warmachine/Hordes stuff, and would be more than happy to demo the game.

@Sam: will there be open play at the tables throughout the con?

Zee on
    edited February 2011
    Zee wrote: »
    I intend to be there with copious Warmachine/Hordes stuff, and would be more than happy to demo the game.

@Sam: will there be open play at the tables throughout the con?

as long as a tournament isn't using a table it is fair game. (there should be at least one 6x4 table empty any given day and lots of 4x4 every day but sat during the WM/H tournament. although then the 6x4 WFB tables would be available)

Sam Butler on
  • FatherFletchFatherFletch Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

Privateer Press will not be attending PAX East 2011, unfortunately. There will be exhibitors in Tabletop carrying some of their product line, however, and we encourage you to come and check out the Miniature Arena area in TT.

FatherFletch on
    Tabletop Manager
    Rolling Old School Dice since '04
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    If I had a full army in anything I would be down for a tournament. I really want to give Fantasy a shot though, hope I can score a demo game.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
    edited February 2011
    Warhammer 40k tournament will be using the 2011 Adepticon missions.

http://www.adepticon.org/wpfiles/2011/201140KChampPrimer.pdf

Sam Butler on
    edited February 2011
    Time is indeed Close. Register to guarantee entry for tabletop Miniature wargaming tournaments.

Sam Butler on
    edited March 2011
    The gaming gods demand more people for miniature blood shed...

Sam Butler on
  • crazygcrazyg Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    hey sam you got 2 more here for the 40k tourney, myself and my brother...

This is Carl G btw...

crazyg on
    edited March 2011
    crazyg wrote: »
    hey sam you got 2 more here for the 40k tourney, myself and my brother...

This is Carl G btw...

Awesome.

Sam Butler on
    edited March 2011
    Five days to go. Preregister now for miniature war games tournaments to guarantee entry.

Sam Butler on
  • CelestialatcCelestialatc Registered User new member
    edited March 2011
    Hi Sam,

I just sent you an e-mail to pre-reg myself and a friend for the WHFB tournament. I hope there is still room!

-Austin

Celestialatc on
    edited March 2011
    You're in.

Sam Butler on
    edited March 2011
    Spaces are filling up. so far WH40K is in the lead. Will this change? only time will tell.

Sam Butler on
    edited March 2011
    Two days remaining... Register now... Service guarantees Citizenship.... or something.

Sam Butler on
    edited March 2011
    So I am def going to be running Demos of Dystopian Wars on Friday in the open gaming table top area come by and check it OUT!

http://www.spartangames.co.uk/dystopian_wars.html

FamedPunnisher on
    "Dude hanging out with me is like having a gun in your glove box no one f***s with you."- James White

• KhadourKhadour Dinosaur Cupcake Hillsboro, ORRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So I am def going to be running Demos of Dystopian Wars on Friday in the open gaming table top area come by and check it OUT!

http://www.spartangames.co.uk/dystopian_wars.html

Cool - I'll definitely swing by and check it out after the keynote/Q&A/merch grab . . .

Khadour on
    Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

edited March 2011
    Forgot to mention it will be from 12pm-5pm

FamedPunnisher on

• DutchverDutchver Registered User new member
    edited March 2011
    Is it too late to sign up for 2 spots? I have two friends who would be very interested, thanks!

Dutchver on
    edited March 2011
    Dutchver wrote: »
    Is it too late to sign up for 2 spots? I have two friends who would be very interested, thanks!

No its not too late. There are at least two spots open for each system.

Please send an Email Reg request to the Pre reg email with your info.

Repeated here (as it is on the first page)

Prereg Email is miniwargamespaxeast@gmail.com

Please send your prereg request in the following format.

Name: (ex John Doe/Mr Smith)
    System/Day: (ex Warhammer/ Fri)
    Army/Faction Played: (ex Empire)

Thanks.

Sam Butler on
  • BlasTechBlasTech Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Will there be anything similar to WoTC 'Learn to Play' as far as Games Workshop games go? I would like to brush up on my 40k and I pretty much have to entirely re-learn Fantasy Battles at this point. Would love to learn a ton of new games as well!

BlasTech on
    Black Hat Crew : NERDCORE : www.myspace.com/blackhatcrew
    edited March 2011
    Yea, I would really like to try out Fantasy.

TheLawinator on
    edited March 2011
    Pre registration for tournaments will end tomorrow... That said on to questions.
    BlasTech wrote: »
    Will there be anything similar to WoTC 'Learn to Play' as far as Games Workshop games go? I would like to brush up on my 40k and I pretty much have to entirely re-learn Fantasy Battles at this point. Would love to learn a ton of new games as well!

Yep.

Awesome We will have people running Demos of WHFB and WH40K for those who are interested.

Sam Butler on
  • CelestialatcCelestialatc Registered User new member
    edited March 2011
    Hey Sam,

What time does the WHFB tournament start tomorrow? 12pm or later?

Celestialatc on
    edited March 2011
    Hey Sam,

What time does the WHFB tournament start tomorrow? 12pm or later?

Sometime between 11 and 12.

Sam Butler on
    edited March 2011
    Pre registration for tournaments will end tomorrow... That said on to questions.

Yep.

Awesome We will have people running Demos of WHFB and WH40K for those who are interested.

Can't wait! Are there specific times for the demos?

TheLawinator on
    edited March 2011

Yep.

Can't wait! Are there specific times for the demos?

Nope swing by and I'll arrange one for you.

Sam Butler on
    edited March 2011
    I got to hang out by the wargames tables today and try out some of the new stuff coming out, see people playing, and even practice painting a bit. I'll be back again tomorrow to see about a demo for fantasy or anything.

TheLawinator on
  • unpurposedunpurposed Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'd really like to try and play 40k tomorrow. I've never played and it's something I've always wanted to do. Is anyone available to hang out tomorrow and show me the ropes?

unpurposed on
    edited March 2011
    Well it's over... I'll post the tournament results later this week. I'll add them to the front post.

Sam Butler on
    edited March 2011
    All tournament results have been posted (added to first post)

Sam Butler on
  • JerobJerob Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Hey. I know the At Large Gamers posted their amazing table, but is there any photos/ information on who built what table?

Specifically, my girlfriend is looking to get in touch with whoever made this vvvvvv

gVccT.jpg

Jerob on
    AC: WW 2363-0580-7649 Jerob in Wausau